Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2009, 07:50 PM   #1
Wavegirl
Mouseketeer

Question Stingray city & rum point beach break??

Has anyone been on this Stingray City & Rum Point Beach break? Here is the link to it Stingrays & Rum Point Beach It looks awesome and so are the prices. Adults at $45, kids are $35 and kids under 4 our Free! My brother has a 1 year old and I think this tour will work for them too as they show a baby so I guess they don't have an age limit

Please let me know if you have heard of this trip, we want to book it this week.

Thanks
Wavegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
Wavegirl
Mouseketeer

anyone??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
Morgey24
Dreaming of a day on Castaway Cay

I've done it several times, using a different company that includes lunch (Nativeways sports in Grand Cayman). You will need to figure in $10 - $15 pp for lunch & a drink. The first two times we've done it we had rum point beach practically to ourselves for the day. The last time in June there was a whole group of Carnival cruisers there, too, so it had a totally different vibe..

It's a GREAT GREAT day and the beach is lovely. I'd highly recommend it.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
Wavegirl
Mouseketeer

Rum Point & Stingray City

Thank you:-)

We just booked it today! We looked at Native way too but they are $17.50 more per person and they include a lunch. I'd rather choose how much we spend for lunch and what we order, my daughter is super picky. We may just have a snack and drinks;-) we are on vacation after all and we eat so much onboard:-)
Old 10-30-2009, 08:45 AM   #5
Wavegirl
Mouseketeer

Rum Point Beach Cayman

Quick questions about rum point, can you find sea shells? My daughter was wondering if this is a good place to find shells.

Thanks
Old 10-30-2009, 08:55 AM   #6
tigger2002
DIS Veteran

Rum Point

Another vote for Native Way. They were very good. We did the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point. I don't think there are really any shells at Rum Point. You can walk around to the left side of the beach (facing the beach) and it is a little bit rocky but not any shells that I remember. Rum Point is a very small area with palm trees.

Here are some pictures that my son took of Rum Point and other cruise places.

Rum point
Rum Point Link

Other cruise pictures
Western Link

tigger2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:06 AM   #7
tigger2002
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavegirl View Post
Quick questions about rum point, can you find sea shells? My daughter was wondering if this is a good place to find shells.

Thanks
I bet you are not supposed to take shell from the beach. If we find a neat one or lots of them we take a picture.

<
tigger2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #8
Wavegirl
Mouseketeer

Oh, thank you for telling me that. I guess it would be a protected area. We'll have to leave the shell collecting for another beach
Old 11-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #9
Haley
DIS Veteran

We did this excursion a couple years ago and it was a blast! We didn't really want to eat the food they offered for sale on the beach so we just ate back on the ship afterwards.
Disney Trips: Ft Wilderness '83, Ft. Wilderness '91, ASM July'96, Boardwalk/DCL Magic July '98, CBR/DCL Wonder '00, DCL Magic '03, CBR July '04, CBR May '05, AKL Oct '05, Poly Dec '06, DCL Wonder '06, Beach Club May '07, DCL Wonder '07, Pop/AKL Oct '08 Engaged, Ft. Wild. May 09, Poly Oct 09 Honeymoon!, DCL Magic Nov '09, Pop Oct '10, AoA/BCV Oct '12, Pop Century Dec '13!
Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:12 AM   #10
Wavegirl
Mouseketeer

I was wondering about that. We can have a good breakfast onboard and then just have drinks and snacks in anything and then eat when we get back to the ship.

Tags
cayman beach, excursions, rum point, stingray city

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: