Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2009, 05:02 PM   #136
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

the totes are adorable. Would someone please post what those have cost?

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:03 PM   #137
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
the totes are adorable. Would someone please post what those have cost?
Mine were about $55 pp.

Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2009, 05:12 PM   #138
NHdisneylover

Thanks That was a lightening fast response! Is that tote one of the bigger ones with Disney characters on the side? It is hard to tell from the photo. I think the kids would like the style like Mickey4me and Caren90 posted photos of. I would love it if I could get them somethign like that (clearly without t-shirts and towels) for a comparable price as the buckets. We have done the buckets before--but totes could come over the Atlantic (something you are familiar with I'm sure).

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

Old 10-31-2009, 05:14 PM   #139
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
Thanks That was a lightening fast response! Is that tote one of the bigger ones with Disney characters on the side? It is hard to tell from the photo. I think the kids would like the style like Mickey4me and Caren90 posted photos of. I would love it if I could get them somethign like that (clearly without t-shirts and towels) for a comparable price as the buckets. We have done the buckets before--but totes could come over the Atlantic (something you are familiar with I'm sure).
DD -13 She has a tote bag, DS-11 he had a big boy bucket (pail and spade) and stuff for Castaway Cay. Both drinks, candy, toys, pirate hat, tatoos, etc. No T shirt or Towel.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:14 PM   #140
snelsonbrown
"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend." R.L. Stevenson

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew DEREK UK View Post
DD -13 She has a tote bag, DS-11 he had a big boy bucket (pail and spade) and stuff for Castaway Cay. Both drinks, candy, toys, pirate hat, tatoos, etc. No T shirt or Towel.
Andy - the kids have gotten so big since we first "met". Time sure slips by so fast - thanks for sharing
Hugss
always
shirley
email [/email] snelsonbrown@aol.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/PerfectGiftCapeCanaveral

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DISWelcomeCenter

CLICK AT THE LINK FOR INFORMATION ON CAPE CANAVERAL AND COCOA BEACH THREAD.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK ON GIFT BASKETS BY SHIRLEY

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1723220
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Deals: Treat yourself to a sweet deal on popular laptops!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!
snelsonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:56 PM   #141
Mickey4me!
Lost my screen name so I'm starting from scratch!

The ones I got were fairly large vinyl totes with a zippered top and canvas handles. They were roughly the size of a gym bag and held a ton of stuff when we were packing to come home. I believe mine were around $100 each but they were also packed with beer and fresh strawberries as well as really nice towels, etc. Not sure what the price of just the totes are but Shirley and her team are GREAT at working with whatever price point you have. I believe they also had some smaller canvas totes as well. Give 'em a call and I'm sure they can help you out.
YC - Oct'04,WLV - Nov'04, BWV - Nov'05, BCV - Jan'06, SS - Nov'06, OKW - Nov'07, HHI - Jan'09 DCL - Oct'09 DCL - Dec'10, AKL - Nov'10, DCL & OKW - Oct'11, DCL & BWV - Feb'13, AKV - SEPT.'14, DCL Magic B2B - Nov'15

Mickey4me! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:04 AM   #142
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelsonbrown View Post
Andy - the kids have gotten so big since we first "met". Time sure slips by so fast - thanks for sharing
Hugss
always
shirley
Shirley, firstly I hope you and Norman are very well, -take it easy!, Thank you for the baskets, you can see the joy they had in opening them. Yes time goes fast, Alice is now a young lady!!!
Old 11-01-2009, 07:33 AM   #143
snelsonbrown
"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend." R.L. Stevenson

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew DEREK UK View Post
Shirley, firstly I hope you and Norman are very well, -take it easy!, Thank you for the baskets, you can see the joy they had in opening them. Yes time goes fast, Alice is now a young lady!!!
Andy it has been fun working with you all these years simply b/c, I feel like we have "grown up" with the kids - hope all is well with you and yours.
Much love
always
Shirley
email [/email] snelsonbrown@aol.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/PerfectGiftCapeCanaveral

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DISWelcomeCenter

CLICK AT THE LINK FOR INFORMATION ON CAPE CANAVERAL AND COCOA BEACH THREAD.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK ON GIFT BASKETS BY SHIRLEY

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1723220

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!
snelsonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #144
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelsonbrown View Post
Andy it has been fun working with you all these years simply b/c, I feel like we have "grown up" with the kids - hope all is well with you and yours.
Much love
always
Shirley
Thank you for that and you have been a 'fairy godmother' to a lot of kids and parents.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #145
NHdisneylover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey4me! View Post
The ones I got were fairly large vinyl totes with a zippered top and canvas handles. They were roughly the size of a gym bag and held a ton of stuff when we were packing to come home. I believe mine were around $100 each but they were also packed with beer and fresh strawberries as well as really nice towels, etc. Not sure what the price of just the totes are but Shirley and her team are GREAT at working with whatever price point you have. I believe they also had some smaller canvas totes as well. Give 'em a call and I'm sure they can help you out.
Excellent--thank you. That is just the information I was looking for. I want to have as much figured out before I call as possible since i will be paying interantional rates when I am on the phone.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #146
Mickey4me!
Lost my screen name so I'm starting from scratch!

Here's a picture of the tote after we got home (and emptied all the stuff out of it). Gives you a better idea of the size.

YC - Oct'04,WLV - Nov'04, BWV - Nov'05, BCV - Jan'06, SS - Nov'06, OKW - Nov'07, HHI - Jan'09 DCL - Oct'09 DCL - Dec'10, AKL - Nov'10, DCL & OKW - Oct'11, DCL & BWV - Feb'13, AKV - SEPT.'14, DCL Magic B2B - Nov'15

Mickey4me! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #147
mommyarewegoingback
DIS Veteran

Wow the tote bags look huge and durable. Based on your pictures I chose the bag for my DS and a sand bucket for my DD. I just finalized an order with someone at Shirley's shop yesterday. For our cruise 1 week 4 days from now (hey but who's counting?). I can't wait to get it! They really are all super helpful. I'll post a picture when I get back.
- Virginia
WDW 4/97, 4/99, 5/00, 10/02, 2/03, 5/03, 10/03, 12/04, 1/05, 4/05, 7/05, 10/05, 5/06, 7/06, 11/06, 4/07, 11/07, 12/08, 7/09, 11/09 (& DCL Magic), 5/10, 8/10, 12/10, 5/11 (& DCL Dream), 12/11, 5/12, 8/12, 11/12, 4/13, 5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 7/14, 5/14, 12/14
mommyarewegoingback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #148
GoofyTraci
DIS Veteran

I called two weeks ago to order baskets/pirate chest for my son and husband. And let me tell you everyone that answers the phone there is so nice and friendly. I was hoping to say hello to Shirley but I'm sure she is busy doing other things. We set sail for our first cruise this sat and I will post pics when I get back.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:47 AM   #149
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyTraci View Post
I called two weeks ago to order baskets/pirate chest for my son and husband. And let me tell you everyone that answers the phone there is so nice and friendly. I was hoping to say hello to Shirley but I'm sure she is busy doing other things. We set sail for our first cruise this sat and I will post pics when I get back.
Pictures?

It's just over 2 weeks until our cruise so time for me to call Shirley!

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:03 AM   #150
Inkmahm
Disney nut

I just went to the website and was able to order my anniversary flowers for the cruise online! The website has been greatly improved since I looked at it a few months ago. You can also see some of the gift packages there.

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: