Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 07:19 AM   #392
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Hi, folks!

I'm in the process of uploading to Photobucket, and there are quite a few photos for the upcoming chapters. Hopefully, I'll be able to get an update in soon, even if it's just photos.
TarzansKat is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-27-2009, 07:21 AM   #393
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue
 
LegoMom3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: southwest NH
Posts: 9,596

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Hi, folks!

I'm in the process of uploading to Photobucket, and there are quite a few photos for the upcoming chapters. Hopefully, I'll be able to get an update in soon, even if it's just photos.
















__________________
LegoMom3 is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #395
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Onward! To the Magic Kingdom!

When we finished the toast they call Tonga, we were happy. Sated.

Ah, the glory of being well fed and breathing in that delightful Disney air.

Now, we had plans for today, and those plans were Magic Kingdom all the way, baby! Since this was a short trip, Tink and I decided not to park hop, so today was Magic Kingdom all the way.

As we headed over, we decided to take a picture for you.

Of the sea of humanity.



And we're not even in the park yet.

Apparently there were some issues with the turnstyles that morning, and our arrival conicided with that. Go figure.

We didn't care.

We were happy.

We were dancing like this guy.

Well, internally. But on the outside we had BIG ole smiles on our faces, as we got ready to head into our happy place.

Now before we got to the park, I did manage to connect with someone. Who shall still remain nameless. You know who you are. And as we were walking in, we were coordinating, leaving messages, getting our meet straightened out. And it was with this goal in mind that we made our way into the Magic Kingdom, and took those first few steps into the bliss that is Main Street and that very first view of the castle.

But not before we took some more pictures of the sea of humanity for you.








Who doesn't love those first photos of the castle? It's like you're home.

While were pausing and photo'ing, I took some pictures of the decor, this being my first time seeing the celebration theme.






We'll be seeing you later.


Isn't that pretty? I think Tink took that one.

So where would we head?

Who would we meet?

Any guesses?
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #396
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

I remember being there at the same time as you guys or around that and the mornings were always gorgeous and yes there were lots of people but that deter me and LL's spirits and I'm so glad it didn't you and Tink's!!

I'm very excited to find out more about your MK day!!
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #397
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
We didn't care.

We were happy.

We were dancing like this guy.
I have a feeling you were dancing more like this guy



that banana has been known to stand still at times for unknown reasons. He is moving now but wasn't when I first read it.

Looking forward to more!
eandesmom is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 03:24 PM   #398
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I remember being there at the same time as you guys or around that and the mornings were always gorgeous and yes there were lots of people but that deter me and LL's spirits and I'm so glad it didn't you and Tink's!!
You know, I should have put this in there. Even though there always seemed to be a lot of people at the get go, it truly didn't feel busy at all.

Quote:
I'm very excited to find out more about your MK day!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I have a feeling you were dancing more like this guy



that banana has been known to stand still at times for unknown reasons. He is moving now but wasn't when I first read it.

Looking forward to more!
The banana wasn't moving? Is it posing for a still life?

I like that guy, he's a got a little more frenzy to his steps. Not sure if I can cut a rug like that.
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #399
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue
 
LegoMom3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: southwest NH
Posts: 9,596

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
When we finished the toast they call Tonga, we were happy. Sated.

Ah, the glory of being well fed and breathing in that delightful Disney air.

Now, we had plans for today, and those plans were Magic Kingdom all the way, baby! Since this was a short trip, Tink and I decided not to park hop, so today was Magic Kingdom all the way.

As we headed over, we decided to take a picture for you.

Of the sea of humanity.



And we're not even in the park yet.
Thanks for reminding me why I prefer the parks in September!!



Quote:
Now before we got to the park, I did manage to connect with someone. Who shall still remain nameless. You know who you are. And as we were walking in, we were coordinating, leaving messages, getting our meet straightened out. And it was with this goal in mind that we made our way into the Magic Kingdom, and took those first few steps into the bliss that is Main Street and that very first view of the castle.
Indeed that first glimpse of the castle IS bliss.....the way The Black Pearl IS freedom....


Quote:


We'll be seeing you later.

Y'know, there really needs to be a snort-laugh smilie.....


Quote:


Isn't that pretty? I think Tink took that one.

So where would we head?

Who would we meet?

Any guesses?

That is neat! Where is it? And how is Tink these days? MISS HER!!!! Send her a big ol' Skittle Hug for me, 'k?

And as for the rest of the story.....



.
__________________
LegoMom3 is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #400
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post


The banana wasn't moving? Is it posing for a still life?

I like that guy, he's a got a little more frenzy to his steps. Not sure if I can cut a rug like that.
Yes. He just stands there stuck. Arms up like he was frozen mid "Wahoo!"

Perhaps he knows his days are numbered. Only a matter of time before he becomes...

bananabread
eandesmom is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 07:10 PM   #401
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
Thanks for reminding me why I prefer the parks in September!!
You know, despite that terrifying photo, it really wasn't that bad once we got in there.

Quote:
Indeed that first glimpse of the castle IS bliss.....the way The Black Pearl IS freedom....
Indeed. That is quite the analogy!

Quote:
Y'know, there really needs to be a snort-laugh smilie.....
It would certainly make my life easier. I know I'm having a good day when I can make our dear Tink snort laugh through e-mail.

Quote:
That is neat! Where is it? And how is Tink these days? MISS HER!!!! Send her a big ol' Skittle Hug for me, 'k?
I wish I could remember where it is exactly. I'll have to ask her. I think it's between walkways on Main Street towards where we were headed which shall remain undisclosed at the present.

And she's doing well! She had a rough go for a bit there, I'm sure she wouldn't mind me telling you. One of her cats broke its leg and has been in a cast for a while now, the poor thing.

Then her boyfriend managed to get in a cast as well, except he ripped the bicep clear off his bone.

So she's more living up to the Cinderella part of her screen name as opposed to the Tink part, because I'm sure she would LOVE some pixie dust and little magic to clean her house right now. I will definitely tell her that some skittley hugs are coming her way. I don't know when she'll be on the DIS again, but she does tell me to say hello to you all.

Quote:
And as for the rest of the story.....



.
Tee hee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Yes. He just stands there stuck. Arms up like he was frozen mid "Wahoo!"

Perhaps he knows his days are numbered. Only a matter of time before he becomes...

bananabread
Or Tonga Toast.
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 07:12 PM   #402
Native NYer
DIS Veteran
 
Native NYer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,954

That first day at the MK is just so magical. The beginning is always the best. By the end of the trip, don't you just want to chain yourself to a bench on Main Street?

The sea of humanity is the reason I don't do parades or the NYC subway
__________________
Jennifer

Native NYer is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #403
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

Crikey! That is a sea of humanity!

I am stumped as to which mystery DISer you were meeting...
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 07:20 PM   #404
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
That first day at the MK is just so magical. The beginning is always the best. By the end of the trip, don't you just want to chain yourself to a bench on Main Street?
YES!!! I so want to chain myself to a bench. You're going to love one of my last moments on my most recent trip. It involves the MK in the I don't wanna leave kind of way. And that's all I'm hinting at for now.

Quote:
The sea of humanity is the reason I don't do parades or the NYC subway
I very rarely do parades or fireworks. I have to really be in the mood. I do have to say however, my family is not opposed to getting a cab back to our resort because sometimes, it's just worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Crikey! That is a sea of humanity!
Crikey! I love that word.

Quote:
I am stumped as to which mystery DISer you were meeting...
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #405
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Crikey! I love that word.
I am a sucker for interjections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Hmmpppfff.
Charleston Princess is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This time our son is coming too! Final update at last! declansdad Completed Trip Reports 516 05-31-2010 12:58 PM
~We seldom report of having eaten too little~ w/ PICS! ~ UPDATE: New Thread Started! TinkerBelle_325 Disney Dining Reviews 428 03-02-2010 11:24 PM
Relax boys, the belly dancer does not want your singles! 9/2 final update p.87 rentayenta Completed Trip Reports 1315 09-03-2009 04:07 PM
How many more days until your trip to WDW? (Part 2) ransom Doing the Happy Dance! 3854 08-23-2009 09:03 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: