Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2009, 10:07 AM   #196
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Great update!

It's been years since I've been on Mission Space. I'm not a huge fan of that ride and Joe doesn't like it at all, spinning or not spinning, so we never go on it.

People don't like the Nemo ride?? Why?? I think it's super cute!

I agree about the Kodak commercial at the beginning. I almost don't want to go on Honey I Shrunk The Audience because of it. It's too long!

Can't wait to read more!
Thanks Jenny! MS was ok. It's definitely not a "Must Do" for us from now on, though. I know!! I think Nemo is super cute too! People have said that it's slow and boring... Oh my goodness, that commercial is horrible! Thanks--I'll have more in the next few days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Test the Limits looks fun! I didn't even see that! All the things I did see in Innoventions looked kinda boring, but I would like to go see that!!

Isn't Test Track great? I LOVE that ride!! It's so fun! That's so cool about getting your picture for a dollar! I wonder if they did that because they probably don't sell a lot of pics there since its the only one on Photo Pass? That's so awesome though!!

Glad you guys like Turtle Talk!! I LOVED it! Its one of my favorites!

Your guys future was too cute! I loved it. I don't think I've ever seen that one before! I didn't stop and play the games there either, but your report made me want to do them!! (At both Spaceship Earth and Figment!!)

Can't wait for more!! Love your legacy tile too, by the way!
Test the Limits was ok. We actually liked a lot of the other stuff better (I'll get to it in my next couple of posts). It had a lot of really cute stuff. You just have to take a little time and figure out what stuff is. YES! We LOVED TT! I don't know why they had the "name your price" thing going on. But it stinks that it's the only one on the FP CD, and we actually bought it. Oh well. Yeah, Turtle Talk is sooo fun! Thanks! We laughed at our future. Our faces were horrible! You REALLY need to do the games at the end of SE--they are great! Thanks--it was fun seeing it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridora View Post
Great update! You have some awesome pictures.

Sounds like you guys are getting to do lots of stuff! I love Test Track & Figment! The one time I rode the Spinning side of Mission:Space is was most definitely fun! It gives you this rush feeling that the other one doesn't quite match. I'm just as happy riding the green side with everyone else though! We've never eaten at Sunshine Seasons, but it looks like I'll be adding that one to my list, too! I hope you made it Club Cool for some Beverly!
Thanks so much!! We got a ton done. It really helped that it was a slow time of year (at that TGM had such accurate ratings on the days!). We loved those too! Really? We *might* have to give the orange side a try. I don't know if we could handle it, though. Sunshine Seasons is really yummy--and there's something for everyone! We'll see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
Oh my gosh your Spaceship earth pics are SO funny!! I definitely need to spend more time playing with the games in there next time. Your lunch looked yummy! Dbf and I are big on sharing too, that way we have an opportunity to try more food
to Test Track, one of my favs! And I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that still holds their nose on "the stinky" part on Figment!
Haha! Thanks--we didn't know it was taking the picture then Yes, you and your Dbf would love it! Especially the shuffle energy thing. We didn't share all the time, but we did when we knew we'd have a really early dinner or something like that. We both eat too much to share all the time! TT was so great! And I'm not putting myself through the "torture" of smelling that if I don't have to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
Great couple of updates. We loved sunshine seasons, they had about a billion desserts to choose from, it was so hard!!!

Nice work getting primo seating for Soarin', we actually lucked out with that our first time too.

Can't wait to hear more!
Thanks so much! It was really, really hard to choose our dessert, but I'd heard some great things about the strawberry shortcake, so Michael let me get that (even though strawberries aren't his favorite). It was SO good! Thanks--aren't they just perfect seats?! I'll hopefully have more in the next few days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Great TR so far! I love that you found that photo of you and your Dad!

Can't wait for more!
Thank you!! I'm so glad we found it. I wanted to look for it my last trip, but I didn't know they had that spot where a CM could give you the location. I'll find it every trip now! I'm excited to write more!!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 10-26-2009, 10:11 AM   #197
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocko View Post
Great update!

It's so cool that when your just there as a couple you can get so much done. A lot of the fun little stuff you guys did, had to get skipped on our trip.

But of course, guess we'll just have to go back again some time. (Also -- LOVE the picture you took under the Imagination building)
Thanks John! Yeah, we were shocked at how much we could get done. It was so different from the last time I was there (we had little kids with us). But it's also so great to see kids' reactions to everything... YES! Yall will for sure have to go back and try to do the little things you didn't get to this time! Thanks--I just looked up, saw us, and decided to snap a pic!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2009, 11:42 AM   #198
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 2: Break from Epcot

Before I start this post, I forgot to include our Test Track photo from our Photopass CD! We received our Photopass CD a few weeks ago, but our gallery CD just came in last night. And oh my goodness, those pictures are incredible!

Anyway, here’s our TT photo!

……………………………………………………………………………………..

When I left you last, we had just finished a very, very productive/VERY fun morning and afternoon at Epcot Future World.

At this point, we were definitely in need of a break. The only problem was, it was already 2:15, and we had dinner reservations for 4:00 back at Epcot. We didn’t really want to gamble with the bus system and timing issues and things like that, so we decided instead to visit another resort.

We hopped on the Epcot monorail to the TTC (our first monorail ride of the trip!),

and then waited a few minutes to catch the ferry to the Magic Kingdom.

We could see the Magic Kingdom from the dock!

Within a few minutes, our ferry had arrived!

We both really loved our relaxing ferry ride. It was a perfect way to take a break without going back to our resort. The breeze was fantastic, and the view was wonderful!

At 2:40, we pulled into the Magic Kingdom

And then……..we got in line for the ferry to………………………………………………

The Grand Floridian! Neither of us had ever seen inside this resort, but we’d heard such great things about it. Katie (BippityBoo) had told me that we had to visit it, and I was really excited to just explore for a little bit.

Before long, our ferry had come to pick us up. I just loved this boat—it was so cute and little. And it made for a great ride!

Continued

Last edited by stacikristine; 10-28-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:44 AM   #199
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 2: Break from Epcot (cont)

Continued from previous

Soon, we saw this

And then we were docking next to this

We were at the Grand Floridian! We got out and started taking pictures. It truly is a gorgeous resort.

We found the main lobby, and I loved all of the intricate details. I felt like I was stepping back in time.

But as much as we liked experiencing all of the “fancy atmosphere” for a while, we both agreed that the Grand Floridian isn’t for us. It is definitely beautiful, but it just didn’t fit our personalities very well. It’s a little too fancy for us.

Nonetheless, it was a great way to just relax and take some time off. And it has such a different feel from the business of the parks… We really enjoyed our time there!

After we’d explored and taken pictures for a while, we decided it was time to catch the monorail back to Epcot.

We took the monorail to the TTC, and caught the Epcot monorail from there. I’m so glad we rode the monorail to Epcot, because we got to go around the loop and see Epcot from a different angle!

We arrived at Epcot at 3:45, and hurried to check in at our first table service restaurant of the trip—

Coral Reef!

Up Next:

What would we think of our dinner?
Where were we seated?
A few more hours of Epcot Fun!
Nighttime entertainment at Magic Kingdom!!

Last edited by stacikristine; 10-28-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #200
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I agree with you 100%. The GF is BEAUTIFUL but I can't picture myself staying there. I feel like I would break something lol. It's just too over the top fancy!!

Can't wait to see what you thought about Coral Reef. We went there a few years ago and enjoyed it but thought the portions were pretty small. We were still hungry when we left!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 10-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #201
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Well that was a fun break! I love riding the monorail to/from the TTC to/from Epcot. Such a fun monorail ride instead of having to stop at each monorail Resort.

I have to say, we've never been on the ferry to/from the TTC to/from the MK! I bet it was a nice ride though.

Aw, I love the pic of the Resort boat. Definately one of my favorite things about WDW.

The GF is so beautiful. And I can't help but think of 'Full House' when we're there.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:01 PM   #202
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

What a great idea for a break!!!! Taking time enjoying the ride on the monorail and on the ferry boats and just taking a relaxing tour at a resort!! Great pictures!!! I can't wait to hear what you thought about Coral Reef!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 10-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #203
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

I love that you guys rode all of those boats. I've never done any of the MK boats, but they look cute! We also like resort hopping. It's always fun to see all the details that go into each resort. Can't wait to hear what you thought of Coral Reef. I think I mentioned on your PTR that we had a great experience there and enjoyed our food (minus the no sugar added cheesecake) but I know it gets a lot of 'eh' reviews. Can't wait to see if you got seated near the tank and got to see the ginormous turtle!
Old 10-28-2009, 12:22 PM   #204
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping to do some resort-hopping (specifically the monorail loop) when we are there in December! Have to see the Christmas decorations!

Can't wait to hear how you like Coral Reef. We absolutely loved it!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 10-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #205
Bridora
DIS Veteran

What a great idea for a little break! We think the same thing about the Grand Floridian. I think it's a beautiful place to visit, but I have no desire to stay there. It's funny you said that because as I was looking at your pictures I was thinking to myself that maybe one day my tastes would change and I would be all about staying there...

That loop around Epcot is one of my favorite things to do! It's like a mini tour of Epcot.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
The GF is so beautiful. And I can't help but think of 'Full House' when we're there.
I'm thinking, but I can't remember this episode!?!? I used to love it when my favorite tv characters went to Disney. That is probably one of the many reasons why I always wanted to go!
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Old 10-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #206
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

I LOVE this update! We didn't get to stop inside the GF. I want to though!! I think I would like the over-the-top fancy for maybe just one vacation. Perhaps when I get married there! That'll be the day!

The monorail ride looks so fun! Can't wait to hear your review of Coral Reef.

Quote:
That's funny! Because I think of 'Full House' when I see the Coral Reef!

Quote:
I'm thinking, but I can't remember this episode!?!? I used to love it when my favorite tv characters went to Disney. That is probably one of the many reasons why I always wanted to go!
My favorite was when the Boy Meets World characters went there! I always loved it when tv characters went too!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 10-28-2009, 02:46 PM   #207
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:

CLASSIC Full House episode! Jesse sung to Rebecca in the middle of the GF lobby and then again in front of Cinderella's Castle. Danny also proposed to Vicki with fireworks. Michelle was princess for a day and was a total brat and ran away. A Michelle fan I was not! Haha. It was a two parter lol.

I also love the episode of Boy Meets World where they sleep in Splash Mountain!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 10-28-2009, 03:02 PM   #208
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
CLASSIC Full House episode! Jesse sung to Rebecca in the middle of the GF lobby and then again in front of Cinderella's Castle. Danny also proposed to Vicki with fireworks. Michelle was princess for a day and was a total brat and ran away. A Michelle fan I was not! Haha. It was a two parter lol.

I also love the episode of Boy Meets World where they sleep in Splash Mountain!
Don't forget when DJ sees Steve checking in to the GF and Steve starts running towards her and trips over his bag!
Old 10-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #209
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Don't forget when DJ sees Steve checking in to the GF and Steve starts running towards her and trips over his bag!
Oh yeah! I forgot about the part when they're all watching the Indy stunt show and she thinks it's Steve and yells 'STEVE! NO!...one thinks you're really here..." I love how they fit him in as Aladdin too! LOL

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 10-29-2009, 12:02 AM   #210
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

That's the reason why I'd like to stay at the GF. My normal style is more Contemporary, so that wouldn't feel as much like a big expensive vacation. I think it's more fun to act goofy in a stuffy place (when you're at Disney so it's not really too inappropriate). Although, Poly would be good too though.

We stayed at the Fairmont Empress (here in Victoria) on our wedding night and it's pretty Victorian too and it has lots of history, so I guess it would also remind me of that

Hope you liked Coral Reef!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: