Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
teacherlisa1978
DIS Veteran

Sparkling With Joy Take 2-The Family Strikes Back NOW WITH PICTURES

Hopefully, the family won't really be 'striking back' on this trip but I am preparing myself for anything.

Last year, DH, Mom, Dad, and I had an amazing first trip to Disneyland at Christmastime. It was so amazing that all we could talk about the whole time was getting back with my sweet niece in tow who has never been to any of the parks at all and is getting, I am afraid, rather tired of hearing her aunt and grandparents talk about their love for them. And so, after much convincing of my dear brother, it's happening! We're going back!

It's going to be a big crew this time, complicated for several reasons.
1) We're going December 18th-22nd and I fear the crowds (but hope that since passholders will be blocked out for some of that time it may help at least a little) 2)My dad and grandma get around fine, but they are slow and need to take breaks. Neither one will consent to a wheelchair for any reason (we are talking hardy, pioneer stock type people here folks) so we just have to be patient with them and plan accordingly. I.E-I'll be doing lots of fastpass running, we'll take daily breaks, and I've set up our touring plans to minimize back and forth treks across the parks. I've had 2 Disney trips (Land and the World) with my dad in the past year while he's been dealing with this and we've learned that he's fine as long as he stops ever few minutes-doesn't have to sit down just has to stop walking.

Our cast will be:
Me, 31, Disney Fan to the extreme
DHusband 38, who is coming around to my way of thinking
Brother, 44 never been to ANY Disney park
DNiece who will be celebrating her 7th birthday on this trip
Mom, Disney lover like me
Dad, loves the parks just moves kind of slow
Grandma also loves the parks but is a slow mover (and rather likes to be in charge)
Grandpa who doesn't really care too much for the parks-thinking he'll spend a lot of time back at the hotel reading and that's fine!

Grandma and Grandpa took me and a different brother on our first trip to Disney in the 80's so it's special to get to go with them again and have it be my niece's first trip, too.

We have character meals planned, hopefully the holiday tour for 'just the girls', lots of shopping, and magical experiences seeing the parks through a child's eyes for the first time. Just under 2 months to go and we can't wait!

Carsland, Candy Corn, and Caramel Macchiatos-a DLR Trip Report
Disneyland: 1989, 2001, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2013
Disneyland Paris: 1994-free trip won through the Disney Store!
Walt Disney World: 1992, 1997, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014

Last edited by teacherlisa1978; 01-21-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Added pictures
teacherlisa1978 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: