Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 07:54 AM   #3736
Hugpug
NUTS FOR DISNEY DREAMS

I agree that is one thing that is disappointing about Poly. I love to relax in the Hot Tub after a long day in the Parks. This is strange when the Mods have Hot Tubs but not Poly.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Next Trip When and If a Winful Happens cool1:
Have sayed at FW,POLY,CR,CB,ASM,POP,WL,POR,POFQ,Grovesor,Offsite over the years.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:17 AM   #3737
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2diamonds&a~gem View Post
a bit of an odd question I suppose...

I plan to have many stops to the Terr Lounge in the evenings or afternoons while at the pool during our stay for some much loved Ice wine, last year the baby was only 10 months and preferred me to Daddy, this year he is much more independent-- so I plan to enjoy a glass (or several).
So do I have to stay in the lounge? or can I get my glass of wine and sit in the lobby by the tree or the firplaces or near the pool if the family is swimming? (ohh does the pool bar have Ice wine too?)
If I have to stay in the lounge, then maybe I would rather by a bottle from PD and keep it in my room?
We were able to take ours out to the pool area. DH went and got our drinks and they were in plastic cups.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #3738
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugpug View Post
I agree that is one thing that is disappointing about Poly. I love to relax in the Hot Tub after a long day in the Parks. This is strange when the Mods have Hot Tubs but not Poly.
Just my 2 cents worth.
I completely agree!!!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 10-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #3739
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

Me and DD are having our first mommy/daughter trip to Disney. Leaving the boys at home for some girl time. We are staying WL Club Level. Our ressie says standard room. Can I make a room request and what are the views or perks of certain room views? We have never stayed CL at WL before so any info would be appreciated. We leave on Friday.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:05 PM   #3740
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KeepMovingForward* View Post
Me and DD are having our first mommy/daughter trip to Disney. Leaving the boys at home for some girl time. We are staying WL Club Level. Our ressie says standard room. Can I make a room request and what are the views or perks of certain room views? We have never stayed CL at WL before so any info would be appreciated. We leave on Friday.
I would call or email them and request inner main courtyard, the view will be of the stream into the theme pool and also the lake, allowing you to see the Electric Water Pagent
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
Old 10-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #3741
LaWa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KeepMovingForward* View Post
Let me know about your trip. Can't wait to go either. CL at WL for Xmas. Just looked at prices. We're only paying a little more for the club than what the standard rooms are booking for now. Feel great about it. Not feeling great about the payment that's due soon!

We've requested bunk bed rooms, and I wonder where those are in club level. If anyone knows, let me know. Are there any special requests to make?

I DISboards.

LaWa
Old 10-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #3742
DznyDreamz
DIS Veteran

We are DVC owners with BCV as our home resort. I finally convinced my DH to try another resort and I made the executive decision to go with VWL. It will be our first stay there and I am really looking forward to it!! January can't get here soon enough!!

We will be on a grown up trip, leaving DD home with my parents (big meanies that we are). Looking forward to the more relaxed and "adult" pace and I think the WL will be just perfect for us!!
Old 10-24-2009, 11:47 PM   #3743
hmbbears
Mouseketeer

Room request question.

Hi Everybody!
My husband and I and 14 other family members will be staying at the WL from Jan. 8th - Jan. 13th to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary! We have already reserved woodsview rooms with ours being a King bed request.
I would love to have a room that is next to one of the smaller fireplaces. This would be so helpful for our large party. The kids could be in the room watching tv for a few minutes and some of the adults could be relaxing by the fire. Can you get one of these rooms if you have a woods view? Do any of these rooms also have a view of the MK or wishes? If so, what exactly would I request in order to have a chance at being near on of the small fireplaces?

Thanks in advance for any help and thank you for all the advice I have already read on this board! Have a great night.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:51 AM   #3744
BillyBuckner
Mouseketeer

How long before WCC to see geyser?

I am staying at POP for 13 nights in mid november.

I have a 6:10pm ADR for Whispering Canyon Cafe. I want to walk around WL and also see the geyser erupt.

1.) How long will it take to walk from Geyser to WCC?
2.) Can I see the 6pm eruption of the Geyser before WCC, or do I need to be at WL for the 5pm eruption?
3.) What time does it get dark the 2nd week of November?
4.) Can you see the thing erupt after dark (or is it a diminished experience?)
5.) I have never been to WL. How much time is appropriate to set aside for touring WL? (not including my eating time).

Thanks.

02/2008: 7 days @ CR; 11/2009: 12 days @ POP; 01/2012: 8 days @ CSR; 11/2012: 8 days @ CBR/CSR
Old 10-25-2009, 06:34 AM   #3745
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
I would call or email them and request inner main courtyard, the view will be of the stream into the theme pool and also the lake, allowing you to see the Electric Water Pagent
Thanks for the info! I already emailed my request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaWa View Post
Let me know about your trip. Can't wait to go either. CL at WL for Xmas. Just looked at prices. We're only paying a little more for the club than what the standard rooms are booking for now. Feel great about it. Not feeling great about the payment that's due soon!

We've requested bunk bed rooms, and I wonder where those are in club level. If anyone knows, let me know. Are there any special requests to make?

I DISboards.

LaWa
We got a good deal on our CL too. Did you use the 40% off offer for your stay? Seemed like a crime NOT to stay CL at that deal. We will be at WL again right after Christmas through New Years, but that time we will be staying in our DVC villa. I will post some pics when we return (if allowed on this thread) to share the CL experience.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:07 AM   #3746
erinm
Earning My Ears

We are going to Disney 2nd week of June with my sisters famly. They are in a standard room, we are in a woods view but our reservations are linked together. Can anyone tell me if WL have Standard rooms on the ground Floor? What about Woods view rooms, are there any on the lobby level? Where are the best woods view rooms located?
Old 10-25-2009, 02:48 PM   #3747
WebmasterKathy

Not Podcast Kathy, I'm the other one
Bring on the tequila and chocolates!

DISboards Administrator

Jumbo thread- time to close!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: