Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2009, 11:16 PM   #16
disneymum58
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas_mk View Post
My kids haven't seen them yet. We are surprising them on Monday with the trip. Now that I have the postcards, I am going to make a treasure hunt. The last clue will lead them to our mailbox where the postcards will be waiting.
I'm happy that we are able to have helped out with the treasure hunt. Let us know how it goes. I bet they will be so excited!!

disneymum58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #17
sas_mk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymum58 View Post
I'm happy that we are able to have helped out with the treasure hunt. Let us know how it goes. I bet they will be so excited!!
The "Big Reveal" was awesome! I made my three kids dress up in pirate hats/bandanas/patches and go on a treasure hunt. I had written clues that took them all over our house and yard. The last clue took them to a treasure map, but "someone" had cut it up into puzzle pieces.

We all worked together to put the puzzle back together. The map had a big "X" near our mailbox. We followed the map and there was one last clue in the mailbox. It was a riddle about a "voyage" that we would be taking soon. My son read it and looked a little confused. Then he noticed the 3 postcards attached to the back of the clue.

As soon as he read his message "from" Mickey Mouse, he got the most excited look on his face. He jumped up and down and was going crazy! We got it all on camera. The two other kids soon followed as they figured out what was going on.

The "reveal" was so fun to plan and prepare. Thank you again for the perfect ending to our treasure hunt. My kids all love the postcards. My daughter can't wait to meet Minnie Mouse next week!
sas_mk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: