Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2009, 09:45 AM   #151
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I keep meaning to watch the videos. I can at work but I don't want anyone sneaking up behind me and busting me if I do!
Haha! I know what you mean But thankfully everyone in my dept does, so if I get busted, everyone will because they'll catch all of us at once!

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 10-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #152
pinkpixie0920
Mouseketeer

I love all of your updates! I can't wait to hear about your first day in the parks. I got a rice krispy treat made too and I had to pay OOP, they girl said they changed it two weeks before we were there. I got a marshmallow made to mostly because I wanted the straw. That was covered under the DDP. I agree with you wanting to put your tree up Nov. 1st. I told my DH last night that if I wasn't having people over on Nov. 1st the trees would be up. So I might do it the weekend before Thanksgiving. I keep my trees up for a while though too. I just love Christmas so much!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #153
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixie0920 View Post
I love all of your updates! I can't wait to hear about your first day in the parks. I got a rice krispy treat made too and I had to pay OOP, they girl said they changed it two weeks before we were there. I got a marshmallow made to mostly because I wanted the straw. That was covered under the DDP. I agree with you wanting to put your tree up Nov. 1st. I told my DH last night that if I wasn't having people over on Nov. 1st the trees would be up. So I might do it the weekend before Thanksgiving. I keep my trees up for a while though too. I just love Christmas so much!
Thanks! It's coming up soon--today or tomorrow! Hm...that explains things. It stinks we had to pay OOP, but I'd gladly do it again because it was AMAZING!! Michael finally agreed to put it up the weekend before Thanksgiving instead of after it. So I'll keep my fingers crossed and slowly push it up a weekend at a time!

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 10-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #154
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 2: Epcot Future World

Before I start this update, I have a quick side-note. I went to see Mary Poppins this past weekend in Dallas. Oh my goodness—it was incredible!!!! I could go on and on and on about it, but let me just say, if you get the chance to see it, DO! The sets and the talent and just everything was fantastic. I’ll try to upload some pictures and do a little installment about it soon (but no pics of the actual musical…it’s a big no-no).

We have finally arrived at Day 2—Monday, September 21

Since we’d gotten to bed fairly early and we were SOO excited to finally go to a Disney World Park, we woke up before our alarm (again!). It was supposed to go off at 7:00, but we woke up at 6:45 instead. We stayed in bed until “Under the Sea” went off, and then we got up and got ready for the day.

Let me note here that we were really looking forward to relaxing on the balcony and possibly eating our breakfast or putting on our shoes or something while we watched the animals in the morning.

Well, I opened up the balcony door and just about lost it. I literally started gagging and had to run to the bathroom just in case I lost it. Michael had no clue what was going on, and when I finally regained enough composure to tell him that the balcony smelled like crap (literally), he made fun of me. He went out to prove that it didn’t smell that bad, and rushed back in holding his face. I’m telling you, it was BAD!!!

We didn’t know what was going on (we found out later in the trip that it was merely the fertilizer that they put on periodically—not the actual animal poop) but we were NOT going to be putting on shoes and definitely NOT eating outside that morning!!!

We grabbed breakfast (M=Pop Tarts, S=Special K cereal bar) and headed down to the lobby at 7:50. We found the mail room (off the lobby in the back-Left) to mail our postcards and were at the bus stop by 7:55.

Here’s the awesome AKL pop machine on the way to the busses:

There were only four people waiting for our bus, but there were a TON for Animal Kingdom since they had EMHs (PS. I don’t understand why people go to EMHs if they’re going to arrive half-way through it. Oh well.). We ate our breakfast while we waited.

Our bus arrived at 8:10, and we pulled into Epcot at 8:25.

We were finally at a Disney Park!!! We were SUPER excited!

Here’s our first shot of “The Big Ball”

Michael took this one so you could see the Ball and the Epcot sign

Since we arrived so early, we zipped through the bag check (we both had to go through it ever time since Michael carried our backpack, and I carried my purse) and we were 3rd and 4th in line at the turnstiles!

This was the view in front of us:

And I took this while we were waiting.

We had to wait for quite a while, but we entertained ourselves by talking about our “plan” and watching the cute kids playing in line. There was one adorable little girl who was wearing a Minnie hat that was about 3 sizes too big for her. She was so cute!

When they came by to let us in around 8:45 (I think), my ticket wouldn’t work. Oh no. I stuck it through about 5 times, and then a CM came and tried to help me. It wasn’t reading it!! At this time, I was freaking out inside since I’d bought them from an authorized Disney Ticket Distributor online instead of actually getting them from Disney. Finally, after about 15 tries and rubbing it on the metal and her clothes, the ticket worked!! I think it probably just had some lotion on it or something. Who knows. I’m just glad it worked!

We hurried in and headed to the right to be ready to walk to Soarin’ as soon as they dropped the rope.

Before long, we saw our Soarin’ friends come to the rope!

And then look who came out! Mickey and Minnie!

We let some kids in front of us so they could see Minnie better. They were soo adorable!

Continued

Old 10-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #155
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 2: Epcot Future World (cont)

Continued from Previous

After the little opening celebration, we rushed with all of the other millions of people to The Land Pavilion.

I let Michael go in front of me since he was going to grab some FPs before we rode.

Look at all those people pouring in!

Yay! He’s second in line for the FP machine!

Michael grabs FPs and we head to the line. It was still a complete walk-on. We walked right to the place where they point you to the line you’ll be in.

Guess where we were! Middle Section, Front, Middle Seats!! How perfect is that for our first ride at Walt Disney World?!

Our ride over California was fantastic. We both loved it. Michael had never ridden it before, and he was really impressed. Yay! I knew he would love it! We were off of the ride by 9:30.

I decided to check the FPs to see when we would be eligible for another set, and it said they were invalid. What?! Oh…silly me. The last time, our park tickets were on our KTTW cards since they were a package. So we used our room keys for the FP machines (or at least that’s what was in my mind—is that how it works?). Since Michael had never used a FP machine, he was going on what I said. So I gave him our room keys to use on the FP machine, and they obviously didn’t work.

Oh well. We weren’t upset. Even though it would have been neat to ride it again, our seats were so perfect this time that we didn’t think it could be equaled or topped.

Our plan was to head to the Seas Pavilion to ride Nemo and then see Turtle Talk with Crush (or vice versa, whatever worked better with the Turtle Talk time). After that, we’d head to Test Track to get a set of FPs, and then go to the Imagination Pavilion. We’d finish up there, get FPs for Mission:SPACE, ride Test Track, check out Innoventions, and then ride Mission:SPACE. After lunch, we’d do whatever we hadn’t done already and fit in Club Cool and Spaceship Earth. When we were finished, we’d head back to AKL to relax, and then catch dinner back at EFW and go to Magic Kingdom for the evening entertainment.

Well, Soarin’ was the first and last thing we did according to our plan that day!

Up Next:
What will our (un-planned) plan be for the rest of the day at Epcot Future World?!

Old 10-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #156
jenny105
DIS Veteran

OMG, how fabulous is Mary Poppins? I saw it maybe a month after it opening in NYC and LOVED it. How great was "Step In Time???"

Did you get to every park for opening? Can't wait to read more!
Old 10-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #157
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Thanks for posting those videos! I loved watching yall give the tour of your AKL room! You & your hubby are too cute and I love your voice!

YAY for perfect seats on Soarin'! The front is definitely the best row and how cool that yall were in the middle!

Old 10-19-2009, 04:53 PM   #158
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

I'm coming along for the ride! You're doing a great job so far!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 10-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #159
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

How exciting! Your first park! So..we've never used the WDW phones to set an alarm..what are the choices?

Ew...too bad you had to smell that!

Yay! The Big Ball! We call it 'the ball' too.

Nice job getting to Soarin'! Aw man, too bad the fast pass thing got mixed up for you guys. But yay for a walk on!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #160
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Yay!!! Awesome update. The poo smell outside made me laugh out loud(sorry--I know it made you miserable!!) Much needed...I had a LONG day. So, thanks

Also, I may just be tired, but I didn't get what happened with the fastpasses? Did you use the wrong thing to retrieve one (like a room key instead of something else)? Sorry, just went over my head! I want to make sure you can teach me not to do whatever it was

I also found it funny that you call it a Pop machine. We call it a Coke machine (hehe). I am SO enjoying your TR so far. You capture all of your moments so well, and give GREAT tips.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:34 PM   #161
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I had always wondered if anyone experienced any peculiar smells staying at AKL and you confirmed that That's too bad you couldn't enjoy sitting out on the balcony for breakfast - hopefully another day!

Was so glad that you got to ride Soarin' for your first ride and front seat middle section! That's great!! Now I can't wait to hear how the rest of your day went (That was so cute to see Mickey and Minnie )

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 10-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #162
SheenaXena21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post

Well, I opened up the balcony door and just about lost it. I literally started gagging and had to run to the bathroom just in case I lost it. Michael had no clue what was going on, and when I finally regained enough composure to tell him that the balcony smelled like crap (literally), he made fun of me. He went out to prove that it didn’t smell that bad, and rushed back in holding his face. I’m telling you, it was BAD!!!

Continued

Now that's funny!!!!!

Old 10-20-2009, 08:59 AM   #163
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
OMG, how fabulous is Mary Poppins? I saw it maybe a month after it opening in NYC and LOVED it. How great was "Step In Time???"

Did you get to every park for opening? Can't wait to read more!
OH GOSH!! It was fantastic! We loved every bit of it. "Step In Time" was INCREDIBLE. All of it was. I couldn't get over the incredible sets and set changes. Hm...I guess you'll just have to wait and see You know we made it to at least one other opening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Thanks for posting those videos! I loved watching yall give the tour of your AKL room! You & your hubby are too cute and I love your voice!

YAY for perfect seats on Soarin'! The front is definitely the best row and how cool that yall were in the middle!
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it! We're pretty goofy together. Thank you. We were SO happy with our Soarin' seats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I'm coming along for the ride! You're doing a great job so far!

Denise
Hi! Thanks so much for reading!! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
How exciting! Your first park! So..we've never used the WDW phones to set an alarm..what are the choices?

Ew...too bad you had to smell that!

Yay! The Big Ball! We call it 'the ball' too.

Nice job getting to Soarin'! Aw man, too bad the fast pass thing got mixed up for you guys. But yay for a walk on!
We were super excited to finally be at our first park! We actually used our iPod to wake up. They have a iHome (or something similar) and we already had Disney songs on it, so we just hooked it up and set it that way. It was great! I don't know if all the rooms have that kind of alarm or not, but the villas did. Yeah, it was SICK! I don't know many people that don't call it the ball! Yeah, it was a bummer they were mixed up, but it actually worked out for the better. It was really good timing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Yay!!! Awesome update. The poo smell outside made me laugh out loud(sorry--I know it made you miserable!!) Much needed...I had a LONG day. So, thanks

Also, I may just be tired, but I didn't get what happened with the fastpasses? Did you use the wrong thing to retrieve one (like a room key instead of something else)? Sorry, just went over my head! I want to make sure you can teach me not to do whatever it was

I also found it funny that you call it a Pop machine. We call it a Coke machine (hehe). I am SO enjoying your TR so far. You capture all of your moments so well, and give GREAT tips.
Thanks! Haha--I'm glad it made you laugh! It surely wasn't funny at the time, but by later that morning we were laughing about it! Sorry you had a long day I gave him the room keys to use (since that's what we did last time with my family--we bought a package and they were all together on the cards). I should have given him the separate tickets (like the flimsier ones with the pictures on them) since that was our park admission. So just use whatever you use to get into the park. Yeah, Michael gives me a really hard time about saying Pop. He insists that it's Coke. But it's not all Coke--there might not be any Coke in there!! It even says Pop on most of our grocery isles. Aw--thanks Katie! I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I had always wondered if anyone experienced any peculiar smells staying at AKL and you confirmed that That's too bad you couldn't enjoy sitting out on the balcony for breakfast - hopefully another day!

Was so glad that you got to ride Soarin' for your first ride and front seat middle section! That's great!! Now I can't wait to hear how the rest of your day went (That was so cute to see Mickey and Minnie )
Haha--yep. There's your answer! It was actually just the fertilizer, but it didn't smell like that! We really lucked out with fantastic seats and a fantastic first ride!! The rest of the day was great--I'll hopefully post more soon. I love how they make such a big deal about park openings (even if it's not an actual show like some of the others) by sending the characters out and things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheenaXena21 View Post
Now that's funny!!!!!
Haha! Glad you liked it.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:31 AM   #164
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

That is SO GROSS about the fertilizer!! It is Disney, surely they can make it smell like cotton candy or somthing?!? I hope for your sake that they didn't do that EVERY morning and you got to have your breakfast on the balcony at least one day!

The opening show looks SO cute! I've never seen a rope drop ceremony before, so that is definitely on the list of must-dos this year. Sorry, but I lol'd a little at the FastPass story! Although, had it been me, I probably would have done the same thing!!

Looking forward to MORE updates!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 10-20-2009, 10:24 AM   #165
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

OOOOHHHH me and Meghan (Dancegrl624) both got front row, middle section, middle seats on soarin'! We should all form a club!

A similiar fast pass thing happened to me! It was on our last night, but I tried using my KTTW card which I had been using the whole time and then I had to use my MNSSHP card instead! lol! But I didn't even end up using it!

Can't wait for more! I really hope you can enjoy breakfast on the balcony sometime!!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: