Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2009, 11:22 AM   #1501
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love the interaction with Hunter...great pics, Lisa.
Hunter has always loved Captain Hook and Mr. Smee. We have lucked up and seen them a lot over our visits to the Magic Kingdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Hunter is so cute in his interaction; you can see the giddiness even from the back side of his face!!!

can't wait for the cruise!!!
have a great day! Everyone!!!
Hunter was laughing and the crowd was laughing too. It was a fun character meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Those pix are great Lisa. How funny the interaction. Made for such a fun time. I'm kinda amazed Lacey didn't jump in with some funny comment. It's so unlike her to keep quiet.
Lacey was too busy getting her cinnamon sugar almonds. That was one of the three things that she "just had to have" on the trip. The others were cotton candy and a turkey leg. Never got the turkey leg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Thats so funny. We have yet to meet them. Claire is scared of them. I hope she grows out of the scared phase soon. I pulled out Hallowen decorations and she is afarid of some of them! UGH!
Luckily, Hunter has never been afraid of the characters. I hope that Claire will grow out of the scared phase too.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-19-2009, 11:24 AM   #1502
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Awww! Love the pictures, Lisa! How cute was that???? And your sequence of pictures totally tell the story.

I saw Capt. Hook and Mr. Smee in March and wanted to stop, but my parents and sister just kept going. The line wasn't even that long. Oh, well! Those two were creating memories that Hunter will never forget. I LOVE IT!
I was snapping away the whole time Hunter was up there. I am so glad I did because, like you said, they tell the story so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadilynnsMomma View Post
I love the interaction with Capt Hook & Mr Smee! And mmMMMmmmm cinnamon almonds!!!
These characters really got into character. (I made a funny.) The cinnamon sugar almonds are sooooo good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousebymarriage View Post
Lisa,
did you make him a pound cake?
I sure did! And this time, it came out just fine. I didn't use the Paula Deen recipe though. I found one on the Kraft website. It was a white chocolate tropical pound cake. Of course, I didn't get to taste the final product but the batter was super good!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2009, 11:32 AM   #1503
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Captain Hook and Mr. Smee can be hillarious! We did the Grand Gatherings Fireworks Cruise, and they set you up at the Contemporary with goodies before hand. About halfway into the "goodies" time, those two characters came in and began interacting with us. Since there were only enough people there to fill the boat, we were able to really get some good time with them. At one point, I had to make my DD and DS back off and allow someone else to play! But later on, Captain Hook actually came and asked to play with DD's light-up toy (one of the kinds they sell in the parks that we recycle for each trip). He ended up running away with it, and we have video somewhere of Haley and Jack running after him, laughing the whole time. It was the best interaction we've ever had at WDW. It looks like you might have had the same two CMs!

Great updates (again!). Great character interactions make for awesome memories!

Oh - and Jenseib, both my older kiddos were very cautious around the characters around a certain age (4, for us). Haley's 8 now, and was well past it on last two trips, but Jack was just getting into it at age 4 this past fall. I'm sure your princess will get through it at some point!
I am sure that your kids will talk about that cruise for a long time to come! It sounds like it was magical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Good morning Lisa! All caught up again!

I love the Main Street pics..they take me back! There's nothing like that feeling of being on Main Street with all the sights, sounds, smells.....

I got dragged into the Tiki Room again this past trip....my boys just love those crazy birds. I could do without it, but I'm a good sport!

Cool pics from the SFRTH....I like the Space Mountain view the best!

Hunter's interaction with Smee and Hook....so fun! I love when the characters take the time to do things like that. Makes a great memory!

Oh....I would post a fall colors pic for you, but most of our prettiest trees are past their peak. It's been REALLY cold here so we are a little ahead of schedule as far as the colors and leaves go. We are supposed to have temps in the low 60s this time of year, but it hasn't been out of the 40s all week. YIKES! If I can find a pretty tree to photograph, I'll post a picture for you!
There is nothing like walking down Main Street and seeing and smelling and just taking in everything.

There are a few things that I could skip at Disney and not really care if we missed it. But, the Tiki room is so nice and cool that we just couldn't pass it up this time.

I thought the view from Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse were cool. We let a lot of people just pass us by while we watched the guy with the parachute.

I'd love to see any picture you have from your "part of the country". We are just so plain here in Louisiana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run4Disney View Post
Ok Lisa, I am caught up. I read all 100 pages! I feel dizzy now and must stagger away from the computer.
Are you feeling better now? 'Cause I hope to get another installment posted this afternoon.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:34 AM   #1504
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

How's the boss' mood since the internet lady didn't work out?

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 10-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #1505
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTrny View Post
Digital watch. No ticking! That would have been very valuable to the Captain.
That would have been funny! Maybe I should have shown Captain Hook and Mr. Smee my Mickey watch that does tick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Aww, love the story about Hook and Smee. What a great experience.
It was a great experience. I think that was the best one of the entire trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
Hey, I haven't forgotten you I swear. I have just been ummmmmmmm fighting with pigs . Sorry I haven't posted here in so long. I just finished with page 94 and I had to say it is almost like my day I just posted. I have almost the same picture of the castle posted and I talked about the very kiosk Lacey and Hunter are standing at..........LOL.

Thank you so much for remembering Dallas and me in your prayers while we were sick. I just read about your family and I will keep them in mine.

OK, I got more to catch up on .

I thought about you this weekend. I was in Wal-Mart yesterday afternoon and I saw this boy. I kept thinking "where do I know him from?" I just looked at him and smiled. I got about three aisles over and it hit me...."It looked just like Dallas!" I saw him again later on. Tell Dallas that he has a twin in Louisaina!

Don't feel bad about just getting back to reading my report. You have had a lot on your plate lately. I'm just glad that everybody's getting over the swine flu. And, another reason for you not to feel bad about it is the fact that I am behind on your's too. I've been trying to get caught up this morning.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #1506
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swankybeth View Post
All caught up again! The luau looked fun. We've never done any of the dinner shows but we have Hoop Dee Doo booked for next month's trip.
Enjoying the report and looking forward to more!
We've done the Hoop Dee Doo twice and liked it both times. We thought the luau would be something "different" to do at Disney. I'm glad that we did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great pictures of Hunter w/ Captain Hook and Mr. Smee!! Love the interaction between them!! I'm so hoping that we see them next time, the boys love those characters and they look like they are soooo much fun!!!
I hope you meet them too. I think your boys would love them because they really played their characters well.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #1507
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
How's the boss' mood since the internet lady didn't work out?
The internet lady came to his house this weekend and they ate with my boss' parents. He said his parents really liked her but there was just something about her that he didn't like. He promised it had nothing to do with the fact that she wasn't attractive either.

I told him to give it at least one more date before he makes up his mind.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:44 AM   #1508
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

By the way, I'm getting together my list to post in the first installment. Hopefully, it will help my readers keep up with where the actual/real installments are posted. It's just going to take me a little bit of time.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #1509
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Lisa, if you would like I could start on page 101 and you could start on pg 1 and I'll pm you the pg#'s and post if you like...I was thinking of doing that on my PTR but we can do your TR first...
Connie
Old 10-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #1510
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

I have missed out on way too much conversation. I went to lunch with Sheri, got back to work and within 10 min the Dr. says cancel his day. He is sick and went home. I said you might consider two days and of course he said he'd be back tomorrow. I think this is the 2nd time in 7 years he has done this.

At least it is nice and quiet now.

I went thru my TR and on page one at the top I put the page #s of the actual TR so people wouldn't search. I don't think it matters tho cause no one but my regular friends ever gets on it. Thanks friends.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 10-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #1511
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lisa, if you would like I could start on page 101 and you could start on pg 1 and I'll pm you the pg#'s and post if you like...I was thinking of doing that on my PTR but we can do your TR first...
Connie
Lisa, just sent you a PM all done on pps 50-101
hope this helps!!!
Connie
Old 10-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #1512
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

I am glad that your boss did not give up on his internet friend, even after he met her in person and found her unattractive. That's very good of him, I'll have to say.

Question, though: didn't he have a picture of her before he met her? Surely they exchanged photos online. Of course, a picture doesn't really tell the whole story, does it?

Well, it sounds as if it may not be meant to be. Poor guy.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Old 10-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #1513
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
By the way, I'm getting together my list to post in the first installment. Hopefully, it will help my readers keep up with where the actual/real installments are posted. It's just going to take me a little bit of time.
Quote:
Connie
Quote:
Lisa, just sent you a PM all done on pps 50-101
hope this helps!!!
Connie
Everybody say "Thanks Connie!" She was working on the last half the trip report and I was working on the first. The two of us now have a complete list. I can update the first post now!

Old 10-19-2009, 02:27 PM   #1514
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Everybody say "Thanks Connie!" She was working on the last half the trip report and I was working on the first. The two of us now have a complete list. I can update the first post now!
Thanks Connie

Thanks Lisa

I'm ready to now read. It is all but dead at this office today since the Dr. went home sick. So sad too bad. I didn't say that it was the little man on my shoulder talking again.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 10-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #1515
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Thanks Connie

Thanks Lisa

I'm ready to now read. It is all but dead at this office today since the Dr. went home sick. So sad too bad. I didn't say that it was the little man on my shoulder talking again.

Ginny
Ditto!

Ginny: you are so funny, the little man on your shoulder!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: