Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #256
djthereplay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTW View Post
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately (or fortunately) we are setting up the room at AKL which doesn't allow balloons. Hopefully this will help someone else out. Are you saying that they add on the balloons for free or that they will just deliver balloons to your room for free? That is really a great deal if you don't even have to order anything. Glad you had a great trip! We leave tomorrow and I am SO NOT READY! Hopefully we will have lots of pics to post when we get back!
Meg
Hello Meg !,

I hope that I am not too late to tell you this, but YES AND YES !!!! THE BALLOONS ARE FREE AND THEY CAN DELIVER THEM TO YOUR ROOM FOR FREE !!! They will just ask you who is you favorite character.
Based On The Research that I have seen On The Internet,
I have seen a picture of someone with Balloons Attached To A Celebrate Today Card.

They can deliver to you a Celebrate Today Card WITHOUT The Balloons attached to it, too !! This is what happened with me while I stood at Disney's Contemporary Resort for 3 Days and Nights.
I'd just thought I'd Tell you that Before You Leave too.
Thanks for telling me That you will be staying in The Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Try to ask them for A Celebrate Today Card with An Autographed Card From Mickey Mouse since You will be staying at The AKL !!!

ENJOY DISNEY and I hope that I am not too late telling you this.

~ Dwight
djthereplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #257
djthereplay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberg@eastlink.ca View Post
i have that card sitting in front of me! they gave it to us with a card from mickey and minnie saying congrats...but we didnt get it til day two and we went rite to the parks. i passed by it like three times and didnt notice it. ha! now i just gotta play around with my pics on it.
Hello amberg@eastlink.ca !,

Did Your Celebrate Today Card Also Have a It's Time To Celebrate Image On it as well ? Since I was There For My Birthday and On My Birthday, I got a Celebrate Today Card that says Happy Birthday and Best Wishes !!!

Balloons OR No Balloons, I will ALWAYS Remember My 31st Birthday through This Special Celebrate Today Card.

~ Dwight
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #258
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthereplay View Post
Hello amberg@eastlink.ca !,

Did Your Celebrate Today Card Also Have a It's Time To Celebrate Image On it as well ? Since I was There For My Birthday and On My Birthday, I got a Celebrate Today Card that says Happy Birthday and Best Wishes !!!

Balloons OR No Balloons, I will ALWAYS Remember My 31st Birthday through This Special Celebrate Today Card.

~ Dwight
i believe it did...all i remember(its downstairs, im up) was it had mickey balloons on it and on teh inside front cover was a pic of m and m with a congrats from them. we were there to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary.

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec)
amberg@eastlink.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:02 PM   #259
djthereplay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
i believe it did...all i remember(its downstairs, im up) was it had mickey balloons on it and on teh inside front cover was a pic of m and m with a congrats from them. we were there to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary.
Happy Belated 10th !!!!

Congratulations to you BOTH !!!!

You got a Congratulations from Mickey AND Minnie Mouse !!!!
Fantastic !!! I got a Pic and Well Wishes from Mickey Mouse.
I Like Mickey and Minnie Mouse Both !!!!!
Still, I am Happy !!!!
The Cast Members Gave Me The Royal Treatment .....
Especially While I have been passing on The Gifts That I have made for The Characters, and A Few of The Performers There that I was able to meet.

~ Dwight
Old 10-14-2009, 09:06 PM   #260
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Belated 10th !!!!

Congratulations to you BOTH !!!!

You got a Congratulations from Mickey AND Minnie Mouse !!!!
Fantastic !!! I got a Pic and Well Wishes from Mickey Mouse.
I Like Mickey and Minnie Mouse Both !!!!!
Still, I am Happy !!!!
The Cast Members Gave Me The Royal Treatment .....
Especially While I have been passing on The Gifts That I have made for The Characters, and A Few of The Performers There that I was able to meet.

~ Dwight
thanks! its actually this friday. dh's in the military and left today for a week of training so we celbrated a little early. happy belated bday to you!

yes the cm's were fabulous! every where we went with our pins they wished us a happy anniversary. we got cupcakes at chef mickeys, a mickey confetti heart at crystal palace. it was great! i never thought to take gifts to the characters/ performers....but then that would of required another suit case! lol

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec)
Old 10-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #261
djthereplay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
thanks! its actually this friday. dh's in the military and left today for a week of training so we celbrated a little early. happy belated bday to you!

yes the cm's were fabulous! every where we went with our pins they wished us a happy anniversary. we got cupcakes at chef mickeys, a mickey confetti heart at crystal palace. it was great! i never thought to take gifts to the characters/ performers....but then that would of required another suit case! lol
Thanks !!!!,

The Gifts were Homemade Paper Tiaras with Complimentary Homemade Cards.
I made them for The Ladies, To Compliment The Ladies.
I Referred to it as My Disney Dream Princess Mission.
I had A Number of Paper Tiaras Personalized and set to A Number of Ladies that I wanted to meet and compliment.
I am glad That I was able to bring a little EXCITEMENT In My Own Way to The Disney People. It makes me feel better and clean As A Childhood Disney Fan. Every Where I went with My Birthday Badge Pin, The Cast Members Wished Me Happy Birthday. I got a cupcake at Chef Mickey's, Mickey Confetti and Streamers at Crystal Palace with Celebrate Today Deluxe Goodie Bag. The Way that they had it set up for me, I had to take a picture of it.
It just Totally Blended in well with The Table Setting.
It Looked Almost Like Confetti was coming out of A Celebrate Today Tote the way they had My Table set up. This is just a part of it.
I told someone On Youtube that I will always Miss The Year of A Million Dreams, But I Love The Celebrations Promotion Just as much.
Disney Parks is STILL and will always be to me,
The Place Where Dreams Come True.

~ Dwight
Old 10-15-2009, 07:27 AM   #262
sersee05
Mouseketeer

I was thinking of putting a basket together for my three kids..with ears and the autograph book..since the florist packages are kind of expensive? How do you get the balloons in your room?
Old 10-15-2009, 12:20 PM   #263
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

I got my fiance the Mickeys Halloween basket last week - it was beautiful and came with much more goodies then we thought - here is a photo

Old 10-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #264
jackal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmybear83 View Post
I got my fiance the Mickeys Halloween basket last week - it was beautiful and came with much more goodies then we thought - here is a photo

That looks so cute. I was thinking of getting one for my DD's. How much was it and did you love it?? Do you think it was worth the cost?
jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:50 PM   #265
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
That looks so cute. I was thinking of getting one for my DD's. How much was it and did you love it?? Do you think it was worth the cost?
Its $45 and available on the disneyflorist site - we loved it came with the mickey pumpkin head (perfect for trick or treating), pirate mickey or minnie doll, a selection of rice crispie treats on sticks, mickey shortbread, goofys gummy sweets, chip n dale nuts, halloween stickers, a hallowen light up necklace and a disney toothbrush.

I got it as a silly present for my DF - we loved it and were 26!
Old 10-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #266
jackal
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the information. My DD"s are 6 and 15. I think the would get a kick out of it. It looks adorable. And we are going to MNSSHP so the Mickey bucket would be perfect. Not a bad price either.
jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:07 PM   #267
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks !!!!,

The Gifts were Homemade Paper Tiaras with Complimentary Homemade Cards.
I made them for The Ladies, To Compliment The Ladies.
I Referred to it as My Disney Dream Princess Mission.
I had A Number of Paper Tiaras Personalized and set to A Number of Ladies that I wanted to meet and compliment.
I am glad That I was able to bring a little EXCITEMENT In My Own Way to The Disney People. It makes me feel better and clean As A Childhood Disney Fan. Every Where I went with My Birthday Badge Pin, The Cast Members Wished Me Happy Birthday. I got a cupcake at Chef Mickey's, Mickey Confetti and Streamers at Crystal Palace with Celebrate Today Deluxe Goodie Bag. The Way that they had it set up for me, I had to take a picture of it.
It just Totally Blended in well with The Table Setting.
It Looked Almost Like Confetti was coming out of A Celebrate Today Tote the way they had My Table set up. This is just a part of it.
I told someone On Youtube that I will always Miss The Year of A Million Dreams, But I Love The Celebrations Promotion Just as much.
Disney Parks is STILL and will always be to me,
The Place Where Dreams Come True.

~ Dwight
wow! you go all our...i wish i was half as organized as you! lol

Old 10-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #268
djthereplay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
wow! you go all our...i wish i was half as organized as you! lol
Oh Yes, amberg@eastlink.ca,

I almost forgot to tell you something else.

The Birthday Lunch On My ACTUAL Birthday at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.
As I stated In My Last Post, I gave Belle AND The Princesses Their Paper Tiaras that I have made for them, But I ALSO Gave Belle a little Serenade with
" Nothing Else Matters " By Metallica As I came in to The Banquet Hall Holding Area where they have The Photo Area with Belle.
The Reaction on The Faces of ALL of the Ladies That I was able to crown
made what I was able to do VERY WELL WORTH IT.

~ Dwight
Old 10-17-2009, 10:09 PM   #269
tarak
DIS Veteran

We got back from our trip to the World about two weeks ago. It was wonderful and I was sad to come home. I had arranged for Mickey's Grand Welcome for our second night, so after spending some time at the pool, we came back upstairs and the girls discovered that Mickey had come to our room and left some things for them. They were pretty much over the moon about the whole thing. We came into the room to find Mickey footprints on the floor leading to the beds where there was a huge box and two 22” stuffed Minnie Mouses.

On the table by the balcony, there was an aluminum popcorn bucket with rice crispie treats spelling the word “welcome.” Inside that tub, were four smaller tubs. We had a picture of Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy signed by everyone and welcoming us to WDW, and a photo album that we can use for our pictures when I get them printed (which will hopefully be before we return next year). Each girl had an autograph book with a personalized message from Mickey and we had two blankets that were personalized – one for our family and one for my mom. We also had the shadow of Tinkerbell hanging on the mirror – she had a light that glowed different colors. The total price was just over $400 (I had added one blanket and one autograph book). The kids went nuts and couldn’t believe that Mickey had come to their room - they kept saying “Mickey is awesome!” and told everyone they saw that Mickey had stopped by. Eventually, my older daughter caught on that it wasn't just done spur of the moment and I told her that I had asked Mickey to stop by and bring them a few things. I have the whole thing on video, but only one picture of the loot, so here it is. I don't think I would do it again - but next year, I'll have some sort of treat waiting for them (I love the idea of the hot cocoa and the story of Peter Pan that comes with one of the holiday gifts). I am not nearly creative enough to think of these things on my own.

The loot!
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #270
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
Thanks for the information. My DD"s are 6 and 15. I think the would get a kick out of it. It looks adorable. And we are going to MNSSHP so the Mickey bucket would be perfect. Not a bad price either.
I called yesterday to order the bag (it's no longer the pumpkin on the website). They said they are all out and won't have any more before Halloween. I wish I had ordered earlier - lesson learned - when you want something, order it right away.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: