Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
Kitt_D
Earning My Ears

Exclamation Skip Epcot? Epcot 1 day? OR Skip AK, Epcot 2 days?! HELP!!

Our first WDW trip- Me, DH, DD5 and my parents (mid 50s). Jan. 7-Jan.14

I need some serious INPUT here, people!

Which do you think is more enjoyable for a 5 year old- Epcot or Animal Kingdom?

We'll be in The World for 6 park-touring days, (not including arrival and departure days). I have one day scheduled completely "off" from park touring (to see Fantasmic at HS in the eve), and one "free" day to use however we want once we've been there a while (either return to a previously visited park, or spend in the resorts or DTD). Initially I had figured we would just skip Epcot due to it's size and the "stigma" that it's not very fun for the little ones.

But the more research I do, the more excited I am about Epcot, and I really want to see both FW and WS now! DH was at Epcot back in the 80's as a kid, and has a strong opinion that DD6 will be bored out of her mind if we go there, and that it's not worth the time. However, DD5 is a major craft & project girl, so I think she would LOVE the kidcot centers, as well as checking out all the different costuming and cultural differences in WS as well as the obvious kid-draw attractions at FW. What to DO?!

I can't see how we can really see ALL of Epcot in just one day, even if I could persuade DH that we should do it.

Personally, I don't see the allure of AK, and would prefer to skip it and do 2 days at Epcot. It seems like a glorified zoo, little shade, and it closes earlier than all the other parks. Am I missing something?

If you agree, give me some "ammo" to convince DH that Epcot is a must-do!
Kitt_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: