Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #751
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
I can't wait for Monday when the kids go back to school and everything returns to 'normal'.
Oh Deb, you've been through the wringer! I'm so sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
V & Ang- I use paper bags from the grocery store for garbage.
My condo doesn't allow using paper bags because they fall apart in the dumpsters and them stuff falls all over when the truck tips the dumpster.
Quote:
I also recently bought a box of biodegradable plastic bags from whole foods (do you have them in FL?)
We do in Tampa, but that's an hour from me. I use a Rack Sack under the kitchen sink:

and the grocery store bags work perfectly in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
Good news for the lazydoxy and her co-workers. Our plantsite was purchased!!
GREAT news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I am so appalled that in this age people still act like that!!!
That's just awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
never stayed at that Doubletree but heard good things. have stayed at the Hilton DTD lots and like it. (we're diamond hhonors so like to stay there. join the HHonors program before you go and you can start getting points too!)
Oooh, thanks for the tip - I didn't know about that! I used to stay at the Doubletree Suites all the time, back when WDW's prices were much higher than off-site; we really like it there! TONS of space, two full rooms and comfy beds. That beats even a DVC studio by a landslide. (Are you listening Mouse?!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I HAVE AC!!!

Or so I hear. My friend's DH went by my house to check it while Gramma's home. He looked at it, turned the switch to "AC"... and the freaking thing turned right on. Dudes, I'd done the same exact thing about a bazillion times over the past few days and nothing happened! So I'm sure it still needs to be replaced, but at least it's running again. Just in time for the cold front tomorrow.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 10-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #752
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Tonight Jim has a going away party for someone he works with, so I get to be Den Leader at the Cub Scout Meeting tonight Luckily he left me stuff to do with them.

Tomorrow Jim has Cub Scout Leader training and I am taking Jimmy to get his hair cut and then to see Toy Story 1 & 2.

What's everyone else up too?
Have fun with the Cub Scouts . We had fun at Toy Story 1 & 2, I hope you both enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post

One of my friend's babysitter crapped out on her, so she may bring her kids with tomorrow night. The only bad thing about that is that we usually stick my kids in my room, where there is a TV with DVD player. My room is always neglected as "the place no one needs to enter" and if her kids are coming I'll need to get to that, where I normally wouldn't bother.

Anyway, I'm feeling not too bad about it all today - I was stressed yesterday - and after all, it's a party, not anything bad.

I'm sure I'll be around off and on today! Have a good one!
I know what you mean about the "place no one needs to enter" I have a room like that too .

Quote:
Daran wants to try him out in the barn this weekend---BA and I are sceered. We've never had an outdoor kitty. But I know isabella wouldn't be nice to him. He just purrs and purrs and kneads on your legs!
I wish we could have a cat, we can only have one pet at a time where we are. He sounds like a sweetie!

Quote:
This is the kids fall break so luckily he didn't miss too much school work.

My boss has been so understanding throughout all this which I have been really grateful for.

In addition to all that - I have also been having family drama with my siblings and my mom. It involves land, deeds, money, and my dad's will never been probated. I always thought we were close but apparently one brother has been harboring ill feelings for the past 9 years.
So sorry ot here about the sickness, I hope it is nothing serious. I am glad your boss is understanding. So sorry to hear about the family drama, I hope it all works out.

Quote:
So I am so bored I am watching The Hannah Montana Movie. Who told Billy Ray Cyrus he can act?

I have to leave to pick up Jimmy at about 3:30, get dinner together (I'm thinking takeout), then get him into his cub scout uniform. Cub SCouts run from 7:00 to 8:30. When I am I going to have time to watch the Phillies kick some Dodger butt
I don't know if I could ever get that bored . I think takeout is a great idea! I am going to ignore the Phillies comment, Bill is still wounded from the Dodger loss last night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

Well Josh and Abbey haven't done a darn thing to prepare for our trip, not told my xMIL (who the live with) that they are going, they haven't told Christian's school that he will be gone, and haven't gotten the suitcases from her mother.

Heck we leave in 18 days why should I be worried according to him , they have plenty of time. I want to shake him and say "I AM AN OBSESSIVE DISNEY PLANNER GET YOUR BUTT IN GEAR, YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE MY HEAD EXPLODE".

Now my xH is having some type of spell where his heart races and the left side of his body goes numb. Two hospitals are saying it is anxiety attacks, he got a stress test yesterday. I don't know the results from that. Josh is extremely upset about this and they want him to go to a heart clinic in another town. We told Josh if he wanted to postpone his part of the trip we would understand. He says he still wants to go, that might change before we leave I don't know.

Bill is thinking about joining an advocacy group for people with disabilities. They are helping us with an issue where we live. They need a volunteer regional director for our area and Bill is interested. He would be excellent for it!

Nothing much else is going on, next weekend we go to St. Louis to watch the Colts play the Rams, Bill is so happy about this. He has informed me that I need to leave the blackberry in the van. I informed him that ain't gonna happen . Jodi and I often text each other during the games and I have fun doing that with her.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #753
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Deb- So, is he feeling better now, then? It sounds like they just left with the stomach flu and no more explanation. how frustrating.

TE- I have an appt at 4:30. I'm nervous. I've never been to a chiropractor.

V- I'm glad you got air back. I'm so thankful to have an AC man as my man. I hate to sweat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
K brought home a granny car as my rental car last night. I swear it was a boat. It was a Mercury something or other but looked like a Town car. I dropped the kids off this am and went to get a van. Not my first choice, but at least it doesn't hurt my back to get in and our of it.

I went to this new little market that opened. It's got a ton of fresh meats and veggies, vitamins (to replce the bottle of vitamin D the puppy ATE yesterday), and specialty foods. They have AMAZING prices too. If I could do this, , I would!

So, I'm headed to my appt in a little bit. Mom's coming over to watch the kids. I'm fighting the urge to clean even though her house is a wreck. Probably something about wanting to be better than our parents.

TTYL, girls...

Old 10-16-2009, 02:51 PM   #754
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

WHAT?!

TE! I was baking two chickens and a roast on Cafe World, when one chicken (which take 24 hours), was ready. I clicked on it and it went to be served. Then I help a few neighbors, came back and it was french onion soup! My other chicken turned into french onion soup and my roast turned into strawberry whatever it's called!!

What a rip! I paid way more money for the chickens and roast and waited patiently. They are worth more too. Stupid game!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #755
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Good news for the lazydoxy and her co-workers. Our plantsite was purchased!!
Yay!!!

Quote:
My husband is a moron Two weeks ago I said to him, I need a new battery for the key alarm thing for his card. He says, no it's fine it's interference from the radio towers. GUess what...he was WRONG We switched cars today so he could fill up my gas tank and put air in my tires (The gas is about 30 cents a gallon cheaper near his work!) Anyway, I went to get into the car and guess who can't..that's right I need a new battery. So his alarm started going off and I just locked it and came back into the house. HE can go out in the rain and cold tonight to get the script filled AND to get a new battery!
So is he still alive?

Quote:
My Boss told me some disturbing info about this Sunday !!She and anotherof my staf took a group of our people to Bob Evans!! Now my guys know how to behave in public and they were doing nothing other than talking !! The woman at the next table asked the waitress to move her !! As there was no available table the waitress couldn't !! So when her food came she took it and her drink and stood near the counter to eat !!!
Wow, what is actually wrong with the people you look after, for some reason I thought you worked with the elderly!

Quote:
...because you haven't got to talk to me today????!

...nope...she just missed me!
Probably

Quote:
Jo- I would put the trip off for now. If she gets extended another year, then make a judgement call. For now, I think you need a break from sisterly love.
Probably

Quote:
Now I'm pooped out. We had a really fun playdate with one of TINK's preschool friends. She has an older brother in the 4th grade, so DS came along and everyone (including the moms) had fun! The mom taught me how to make homemade mac and cheese. I've ALWAY flopped it on my own.
Sounds lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Tonight we were taken out to dinner by Pants. We talked to him about possibly moving in with us to a 2 bedroom apartment. He said YES.

Quote:
I’m glad to hear you are organized
Errr I didn't end up going shopping, just didn't tell you all

Quote:
That's great!
Hey Deb, good to see you

Quote:
Alpha has been in children's hospital all week. He had stomach cramps starting two weeks ago and they couldn't find what was wrong.
Oh no, hope he gets better quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
I HAVE AC!!!
Woooohooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
I want to shake him and say "I AM AN OBSESSIVE DISNEY PLANNER GET YOUR BUTT IN GEAR, YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE MY HEAD EXPLODE".
and good luck to Bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
If I could do this, , I would!
Oh Dawn

Well I won my golf match And had a nice afternoon with Dad. The girls are off to Wembley tomorrow with Guides to see a special Guides only pop concert. Alexandra Burke, JLS, The Saturdays and loads of others will be there, they're so excited. David and I are making the most of it and going to the cinema and for a meal
Old 10-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #756
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I HAVE AC!!!

Or so I hear. My friend's DH went by my house to check it while Gramma's home. He looked at it, turned the switch to "AC"... and the freaking thing turned right on. Dudes, I'd done the same exact thing about a bazillion times over the past few days and nothing happened! So I'm sure it still needs to be replaced, but at least it's running again. Just in time for the cold front tomorrow.
Hooray - but how frustrating that it worked for someone else.

Quote:
I know what you mean about the "place no one needs to enter" I have a room like that too .
Well, even when we have houseguests they will go into the boys' room at bedtime and such, but there is absolutely NO reason ever to be in mine. So, it's kind of the catch-all.

I'm sorry about your family's lack of planning - you know your Fockers will understand.

Quote:
So, I'm headed to my appt in a little bit. Mom's coming over to watch the kids. I'm fighting the urge to clean even though her house is a wreck. Probably something about wanting to be better than our parents.

TTYL, girls...
Hope you held strong! That's weird about your Cafe!

Well, I haven't gotten much accomplished. I went to Target and the grocery store, which was good, and I've "escabeche'd" the veggies for the fish tomorrow. I have enlisted T's help on FB for enchilada prep - I need my brown mama's advice.

Anyway, I've not done much cleaning at all. Oops. Not that there's THAT much to do, but I don't want to leave it all until tomorrow. The boys are home from school, but went to play outside with the neighbor for now. So, I need to get my behind up and doing something real.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #757
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Well I won my golf match And had a nice afternoon with Dad. The girls are off to Wembley tomorrow with Guides to see a special Guides only pop concert. Alexandra Burke, JLS, The Saturdays and loads of others will be there, they're so excited. David and I are making the most of it and going to the cinema and for a meal
Hi, Jo! Sounds like a nice day and a nice plan for tomorrow!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #758
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

V--glad you got your A/C! I remember how annoying that could be in TX!

Dawn---good luck at the chiropractor. I took Ab there last year for neck pain..but she didn't like it. I took her xray that he did to her doctor tho.

Jo---I was about to come looking for you! Didn't you know that this was my day off??

Tracy---which pet do you have?? I guess I'd have Max if I could only keep one (my std poodle)....course Bear, Isabella, Biggins, Rocky, Tumnus, Snickers, Tragos, Nestle, Noodles, Boots, Minnie Cow, Brown Cow, Baby cow, and 2 not-named cows would be pissed!

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 10-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #759
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

news alert!!Dawn's cafe food is fine....repeat....Dawn's cafe food has been found

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 10-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #760
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Wow a lot has been going on with everyone !!Hope everyone is on the mend, headaches, stomach bugs etc !!
Kat still happy that you and KC are doing okay!!
Jo I work with people who are mentally disabled , (MR)Many have other disbilities tooand a lot are older !! None at my house are severely disbled and are very normal looking for the most part!! So there was absolutely NO reason for that womans reaction!! I did work at a Geriatric ICF but they were MR as well !! Funny as all ***** !! They cracked me up!!

Had another good day at work !! My boss and I did lunch again!!People will be talking
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 10-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #761
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I HAVE AC!!!

Glad its working again. Mom said its been brutal!

Quote:
Have fun with the Cub Scouts . We had fun at Toy Story 1 & 2, I hope you both enjoy it.
Gee thanks

I understand about being upset about them not telling your xmil or the school, but...we don't pack until the day before so....

Quote:
K brought home a granny car as my rental car last night. I swear it was a boat. It was a Mercury something or other but looked like a Town car. I dropped the kids off this am and went to get a van. Not my first choice, but at least it doesn't hurt my back to get in and our of it.
Glad you have wheels without the muffler hanging off

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Glad you won at golf and had fun with your dad.

As for the girls going to Wembley...I would say cool, but I have no idea who any of those people are

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Anyway, I've not done much cleaning at all. Oops. Not that there's THAT much to do, but I don't want to leave it all until tomorrow. The boys are home from school, but went to play outside with the neighbor for now. So, I need to get my behind up and doing something real.
You'll get it done I'm sure

Quote:
I guess I'd have Max if I could only keep one (my std poodle)....course Bear, Isabella, Biggins, Rocky, Tumnus, Snickers, Tragos, Nestle, Noodles, Boots, Minnie Cow, Brown Cow, Baby cow, and 2 not-named cows would be pissed!

Quote:
news alert!!Dawn's cafe food is fine....repeat....Dawn's cafe food has been found

-------------------------

Back from Cub Scouts and I am exhausted. Those kids ran me ragged Jim and Jimmy are watching the end of the Flyers game. As soon as Jimy goes to bed, I'm going too.

Tomorrow is Haircut and Toy Story Day

HAve a good night and a good day tomorrow!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 10-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #762
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Wow a lot has been going on with everyone !!Hope everyone is on the mend, headaches, stomach bugs etc !!
Kat still happy that you and KC are doing okay!!
Jo I work with people who are mentally disabled , (MR)Many have other disbilities tooand a lot are older !! None at my house are severely disbled and are very normal looking for the most part!! So there was absolutely NO reason for that womans reaction!! I did work at a Geriatric ICF but they were MR as well !! Funny as all ***** !! They cracked me up!!

Had another good day at work !! My boss and I did lunch again!!People will be talking
I know how you feel Rosie--my nursing home has a dementia unit and I would not want anyone making fun of them--although sometimes you do have to have a sense of humor to get through the day!

I have decided that losing your memory is one of the worst things that could happen---it's sad to read and remember what these folks did in their younger days that they can't even remember.

Quote:
Glad its working again. Mom said its been brutal!

Gee thanks

I understand about being upset about them not telling your xmil or the school, but...we don't pack until the day before so....

Glad you have wheels without the muffler hanging off

Glad you won at golf and had fun with your dad.

As for the girls going to Wembley...I would say cool, but I have no idea who any of those people are

You'll get it done I'm sure

-------------------------

Back from Cub Scouts and I am exhausted. Those kids ran me ragged Jim and Jimmy are watching the end of the Flyers game. As soon as Jimy goes to bed, I'm going too.

Tomorrow is Haircut and Toy Story Day

HAve a good night and a good day tomorrow!
nite nite!

--------
Back from our homecoming game---we lost by 1 point in final minutes which was upsetting, but I enjoyed the game. 23 years.....

Old 10-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #763
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know how you feel Rosie--my nursing home has a dementia unit and I would not want anyone making fun of them--although sometimes you do have to have a sense of humor to get through the day!

I have decided that losing your memory is one of the worst things that could happen---it's sad to read and remember what these folks did in their younger days that they can't even remember.
Yes one of my favorites has dementia and it is soo sad !! But you definately need a sense of humor in my line of work!!You alo need to be a little "Loopy" which is my natural state !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 10-17-2009, 01:36 AM   #764
princessjv
DIS Veteran

V- I WANT that garbage holder! Where did you find it? btw- they do make that size of biodegradable bags, I'd check a local natural food store. No paper bags? Well they just may been to rethink that if your state changes the law.
AND I'm glad to hear the AC's back working.

CE- How was the SNOW? Been there... HATED it! It's been freezing here all week. I hope yours melted fast!

Kristel- I'm so happy to hear that you will still have a job!. I hope the meeting went well.

Dawn- How'd you do today? Are you sore? or sorer?

Janet- I'll look up the recipe I used. It was not difficult, just a bit putsy, but I think the kids really got a kick out it. I just posted a picture of my creation on FB. I know a lot more now and will give you some tips when I post the recipe.

TE- Homecoming time of the year is so much fun!

Jo- What MOVIE are you going to?

Kat- I love that things are going well for you!

Tracy- Sorry to hear about your ex. I hope they figure it out and he is okay.

Mel- Where are you today?

Sorry, If I missed anyone. My mind is fried. I guess because it's 1:30 Am.

----------------------------------------------------
Another day of party prep. Sunday is the party day and tomorrow is filled with decorating, cake decorating, last minute purchases and putting all of the games together.

We are going to a dinner party tomorrow PM. I'm looking forward to getting together with my newly created Dinner Club (5 couples switch houses, sometimes with kids, sometimes without).

Hugs to everyone! I hope you all have a magical day.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:39 AM   #765
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

A brief update.

JANET says scouts = exhausted.
CE had snow.
DEB has had a sick kiddo and some family drama. Chi turned 9.
TE’s new kitty is adjusting well. He is going to the barn.
V has A/C again.
MrsKS is loosing her mind because the kids are not packed and ready for the trip in 18 days. Bill may become a regional director for an advocacy group for people with disabilities.
DAWN is gaming and seeing doctors.
JO gets a date night.
Hi ROSIE!!!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%

Hugs to all. I have to get to bed if I want to get anything accomplished tomorrow. You probably won't see me until Sunday evening.

Good night and good day!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: