Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-16-2009, 12:02 AM   #736
princessjv
DIS Veteran
 
princessjv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MN
Posts: 3,067

I'm all caught up, but man there was a lot that happened over night.

V & Ang- I use paper bags from the grocery store for garbage. I purposely don't fill a couple bags a week with my recyclable bags, so that I have garbage bags. I also recently bought a box of biodegradable plastic bags from whole foods (do you have them in FL?)

Jo- I would put the trip off for now. If she gets extended another year, then make a judgement call. For now, I think you need a break from sisterly love.


Dawn- My good friend was in an accident 2 weekends ago, which resulted in the car rolling whilst going 70 miles per hour on a major highway in WI. They rolled into a ravine and the emergency workers had to use the "jaws of life" to remove her. All four passengers walked away, with minor injuries. My friend was sore for over a week... but she is still having PTSD issues.

Take the time you need to heal. The house work will wait. What is important is that you heal your body and soul. Accidents happen. By no means did the woman driving get behind her wheel with the decision to hurt someone that day. Insurance sucks poo. What happened, happened. It was a life reminder of how very precious we are. Now lay your tush down and rest. If you need a pill, take it. But do get up, open the curtain and look at the beautiful family you have. You need to take care of yourself for them... and you. Now if your not feeling better in a few days, go get an MRI.


V- I'm hoping that air-conditioning is fixed!


T- Happy Anniversary!


Lessa- How was the Turkey? I forgot to ask.


CE- You are not super mom. (Although I understand the craziness). You need to go get a pedi!


Janet- I totally feel your pain with the car! My DH lost his key to his car, whilst running this summer, so he uses mine. Yesterday he took my car in the shop for a check up, but forgot to leave me MY key. I was stuck at home with a ticked off TINk, who missed a dance class. She cried about it all darn day!

MEN!


===============================

Now I'm pooped out. We had a really fun playdate with one of TINK's preschool friends. She has an older brother in the 4th grade, so DS came along and everyone (including the moms) had fun! The mom taught me how to make homemade mac and cheese. I've ALWAY flopped it on my own.

Tink and I went b-day party shopping for DS tonight. She was funny to shop with. DS is at a sleep over tonight and I am almost done with his Pokemon Pinata.
__________________
Proud Mom to 2 great kids & Loving life!

princessjv is offline  
Old 10-16-2009, 12:39 AM   #737
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.
 
KatGarcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,475

Another late night for me. Taking days off of work messes with my schedule. KC is playing some Left For Dead on the 360 so I am catching up on my threads.

Last night we played marriage counselors to a couple of friends last night, since they are in a similar situation as us. That kinda caused us to talk a bit more about everything that is going on with us. We are still doing well but dealing with his "indiscretion" (as I am calling it) has been emotionally taxing. Turns out the girl in question may be at the concert we are going to tomorrow night and I am stressed about it. I have no idea what's going to happen. With one email to her she cut off all contact but I really don't know what she will do. KC is worried as well. So hopefully it's a false alarm, she doesn't show and all is well.

Tonight we were taken out to dinner by Pants. We talked to him about possibly moving in with us to a 2 bedroom apartment. He said YES. he is one of the few responsible people we know, so this is a very good thing, and will save us a ton of money. Now to save up and find an apartment. We went to the French spot over here again for their pre-fixe dinner. I had escargot, goat cheese ravioli and a chocolate tart. SO YUM.

Tomorrow afternoon we are sleeping in and relaxing. We are going to check out a new cheap dumpling spot we found in downtown Manhattan before the show, so i'm looking forward to that.

Thats about it for the happenings here. Hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend!!!!!
__________________

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*



KatGarcia is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-16-2009, 02:08 AM   #738
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!
 
lazydoxy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central Indiana, rural home
Posts: 1,731

Happy Vamping hours!

JV got Tink moved to a new dance class where she is doing better. They have been B-day shopping for DS.
Glad you have been having some fun now.

CEL BEL has an ingrown toenail. She is getting it taken care of. She has had lots of homework. Its all about birds.
Doug had to have an ingrown toenail removed about 8 years ago. He felt so much better afterwards. I like to watch Grackles. We have a lot of them around here. They are very smart birds. I noticed our Tufted Titmice and Chickadees are back for the winter. Such a cute little birds.

JO has been getting some early Christmas shopping done. She did good in golf. Her chimney is swept for the winter season. She wants opinions on going to NY to visit Em. See post #669.
Im glad to hear you are organized also. Congrats on your handicap.
If you were going on the trip mainly to visit Em, and that will not happen, Id say skip it until she has some down-time.


JANET is a reject. OK, not in our books but with the MP. She is also dealing with the candy sale profits. Her phones end up in the toilet a lot.
Sorry about MP. Cool on the candy thing. What is up with phones in toilets? Are you people texting while you poop? I know so many people who suffer from this phenomena.

TE is having trouble letting go of mommy things. Her car insurance doubled with the addition of Ab.
Holy goats! I guess mine doubled for a while when I added my DH. He wasnt much older than Ab at the time. JUST KIDDING!!!

Your answer on Lilly- They are getting out of the manufacturing end of medicine. It is a lot of overhead $$$$ to run a facility like ours. With all the government restrictions, shortened patents(generic competition) and lawsuits, all pharma type businesses are suffering. The new CEO, Lechleiter, wants to focus on biotech and research and development. Our facility is a manufacturing site. We made meds in bulk which were then shipped to other facilities to be made into the pills that you end up buying. Lilly is streamlining. They announced a huge cut of 5,500 people world wide. This did not include our plantsite in that number.
Our plant manager and a lead team really worked hard to get us taken care of with the sale. I am very thankful to them. Many other facilities wont be as lucky. We do have people that care in upper management. Lilly has been a cornerstone of the Lafayette community for 55 years. It is sad to see them leave. I do believe that Evonik will carry on with the tradition of helping the community.
The irony in all of this is that we will be making Lilly drugs. They are bringing meds back that were moved to overseas facilities. We get the added benefit of Evonik's diversity which will bring in more manufacturing opportunities for other big companies. Evonik is a bit like BASF, We dont make the plastic, we make it better. I think it will be a very busy facility once they get settled in.


ROSIE had more interviews for staff. Her boss took some the boys out for food and observed some rude behavior from another person.
Juvenile reaction. Did she think shed catch something? Stupid!

CE is frustrated with sizing of clothing in America. She broke her Iphone.
Remember they make most of the stuff in Indonesia or Korea or China or etc. Sorry about the phone.

ANGELA says that Mitch now knows about the additional niece/nephew. She got to get down with Kool and the Gang at F&W. Her friend didnt want to dance though.
Oh Angela, I wish I could have been there with you! I would have boogied.

LESSA got her paper for school done. She is thinking of surprising her mom with a Disney cruise. She wants to book one for 2011 and tell her mom on her birthday next year.
OH that would be wonderful!!!!!!

V was still fighting a migraine from you know where. She did talk to Bank of America about a re-fi loan for her home. It looks good.
You poor baby! When I get a bad migraine I feel exactly the same way. It is terrible! And remember a couple of months ago when I had one - it finally went away, then I had to stay in bed for a day because of being dizzy from pain med overload. I wished I could be there to help. Im keeping my fingers crossed for your head and re-fi!!!

DAWN and B are still sore all over from the wreck. Dawn is still very upset and frustrated with how it has affected their lives. She canceled the cruise.
Take a deep breath and let it all our in a huge scream! You and B are beat up but otherwise OK. Focus on that. It could have been so much worse. I do hope the chiro helps. I agree with Janet. If this doesnt help go get an MRI.

Ts mouth was hurting from the tightening of the braces.
Oh man, I remember the pain well, mi amigo! When will everything be done?

KAT is still a bit under the weather. KC and she will be having a date night on Fri.
That sounds great! Have fun. I hope you feel loads better by then.

Mels eye is still hurting her. NB is taking the kids to Cedar Point this weekend. The weather is awful. Everyone is sick.
Sorry about the pain. Does Cedar Point do the Halloween party on Halloween? The weather has been stinky here also.


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Went out to a pub to celebrate with a couple of co-workers last night. I ate like a pig. TE could put me in her petting zoo. I drank a Carmel Crunch Martini. Then I followed it with a margarita! Arriba! Yes I am a happy camper!

I got my flight info updated today with WDW for ME. Debra Lynn answered as soon as the automated system stopped. It shocked me so much I forgot what I was doing. I'm so used to waiting for at least a few minutes. I think that does it until 10 days prior. I've got an itinerary worked out. I'll post it or a link in a couple of days on here. I need to get my binder reorganized with all the new info.

I forgot to mention that all my OT for this month got canceled because the co-worker on the opposite shift decided she wanted to be at work since we have a few meetings to go to. She is going to take it in November instead.

Depending on the weather, I need to get out and cut down the rest of the foliage in the yard and take in all the non-winter items I have around.

I am going to a meeting at 1:30pm today to meet the new owners. That should be interesting. I get paid for being there, so why not.

Saturday afternoon I am going to try to go see Rockie's dad. He had a scraggly wreath hanging on the front of the house. I made him a new one to hang up. I want to see how he is doing also. I may pop in to visit with my aunt also.
I'll talk at ya' all later. I hope that my recent good fortune rubs off on all of you!!!!


__________________
Kristel---

lazydoxy66 is offline  
Old 10-16-2009, 07:01 AM   #739
jcc0621
DIS Veteran
 
jcc0621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,191

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
I'm all caught up, but man there was a lot that happened over night.
Hi Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
Janet- I totally feel your pain with the car! My DH lost his key to his car, whilst running this summer, so he uses mine. Yesterday he took my car in the shop for a check up, but forgot to leave me MY key. I was stuck at home with a ticked off TINk, who missed a dance class. She cried about it all darn day!

MEN!
I would have killed him!


Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
Now I'm pooped out. We had a really fun playdate with one of TINK's preschool friends. She has an older brother in the 4th grade, so DS came along and everyone (including the moms) had fun! The mom taught me how to make homemade mac and cheese. I've ALWAY flopped it on my own.
Me too. My BIL makes the BEST homemade mac and cheese!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
Tink and I went b-day party shopping for DS tonight. She was funny to shop with. DS is at a sleep over tonight and I am almost done with his Pokemon Pinata.
Can you post the instructions for making the pinata? Jimmy delclared the other night that he would like to try and make one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Thats about it for the happenings here. Hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend!!!!!
You too

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"]Happy Vamping hours!


Hi Kristel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
JANET is a reject. OK, not in our books but with the MP. She is also dealing with the candy sale profits. Her phones end up in the toilet a lot.
Sorry about MP. Cool on the candy thing. What is up with phones in toilets? Are you people texting while you poop? I know so many people who suffer from this phenomena.
No! The three, yes three times it happened, I had the phone on my waistband and forgot take it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
Your answer on Lilly- They are getting out of the manufacturing end of medicine. It is a lot of overhead $$$$ to run a facility like ours. With all the government restrictions, shortened patents(generic competition) and lawsuits, all pharma type businesses are suffering. The new CEO, Lechleiter, wants to focus on biotech and research and development. Our facility is a manufacturing site. We made meds in bulk which were then shipped to other facilities to be made into the pills that you end up buying. Lilly is streamlining. They announced a huge cut of 5,500 people world wide. This did not include our plantsite in that number.
Our plant manager and a lead team really worked hard to get us taken care of with the sale. I am very thankful to them. Many other facilities wont be as lucky. We do have people that care in upper management. Lilly has been a cornerstone of the Lafayette community for 55 years. It is sad to see them leave. I do believe that Evonik will carry on with the tradition of helping the community.
The irony in all of this is that we will be making Lilly drugs. They are bringing meds back that were moved to overseas facilities. We get the added benefit of Evonik's diversity which will bring in more manufacturing opportunities for other big companies. Evonik is a bit like BASF, We dont make the plastic, we make it better. I think it will be a very busy facility once they get settled in.
I am so glad that your job is safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="blue"]Went out to a pub to celebrate with a couple of co-workers last night. I ate like a pig. TE could put me in her petting zoo. I drank a Carmel Crunch Martini. Then I followed it with a margarita! Arriba! Yes I am a happy camper!


Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
I got my flight info updated today with WDW for ME. Debra Lynn answered as soon as the automated system stopped. It shocked me so much I forgot what I was doing. I'm so used to waiting for at least a few minutes.
What time of the day did you call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
Depending on the weather, I need to get out and cut down the rest of the foliage in the yard and take in all the non-winter items I have around.
Jim did that on Monday

===================

Good morning Fockers Another cold, rainy day here THe boys are off to work and school. I have to run to the pharmacy that actually has Jimmy's medication in stock so I can get his script filled. THen I have to run to Staples and pick up some printer cartridges and then to the post office.

Tonight Jim has a going away party for someone he works with, so I get to be Den Leader at the Cub Scout Meeting tonight Luckily he left me stuff to do with them.

Tomorrow Jim has Cub Scout Leader training and I am taking Jimmy to get his hair cut and then to see Toy Story 1 & 2.

What's everyone else up too?
__________________
Janet TFW Unofficial Odds Maker

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
jcc0621 is offline  
Old 10-16-2009, 07:07 AM   #740
cmp1111
DIS Veteran
 
cmp1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 7,181

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
CE- You are not super mom. (Although I understand the craziness). You need to go get a pedi!
Hmmm, sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Tonight we were taken out to dinner by Pants. We talked to him about possibly moving in with us to a 2 bedroom apartment. He said YES. !
That sounds promising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
I hope that my recent good fortune rubs off on all of you!!!
Thanks - I'm glad it worked out well!

*************************************************
Well, I woke up to see snow flying through the air. It's 35, so it's not sticking, and in fact it has nearly stopped, but still... October 16th is TOO EARLY. They said it might snow from 1-3 overnight last night - but I guess that forecast was a little off...

I'm trying to figure out my plan of attack today. I need to get the groceries pretty early, as I want to premake a few things. I need to hit Target for a couple of things, including the birthday present for the kid's birthday party tomorrow. I need to clean up the house some. (Luckily, it's not too bad as I did a pretty deep scrub last week for MIL - just some decluttering and counter work.)

One of my friend's babysitter crapped out on her, so she may bring her kids with tomorrow night. The only bad thing about that is that we usually stick my kids in my room, where there is a TV with DVD player. My room is always neglected as "the place no one needs to enter" and if her kids are coming I'll need to get to that, where I normally wouldn't bother.

Anyway, I'm feeling not too bad about it all today - I was stressed yesterday - and after all, it's a party, not anything bad.

I'm sure I'll be around off and on today! Have a good one!
__________________
Me - C.E.! DH - D. DS10 - Woody DS10 - Buzz
See my " The Decoy Trip" Report here. May 2007 - AKL Aug. 2008 - The Big Group Pre-Trip Report is here. And the Rain, Rain, Rain TR: Here
cmp1111 is offline  
Old 10-16-2009, 08:14 AM   #741
debraW76
DIS Veteran
 
debraW76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,791

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
Hello Fockers!!!!!!!

Sorry if I'm killing any threads!

Good news for the lazydoxy and her co-workers.
That's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
Happy Vamping hours!

JV got Tink moved to a new dance class where she is doing better. They have been B-day shopping for DS.
Hi JV!


CEL BEL has an ingrown toenail. She is getting it taken care of. She has had lots of homework. Its all about birds.Ouchie!! Hope you are feeling better.

JO has been getting some early Christmas shopping done. She did good in golf. Her chimney is swept for the winter season. She wants opinions on going to NY to visit Em. See post #669.
I don't even know what I am getting the kids for Christmas so I haven't even started. I used to have all my shopping done by Halloween, everything wrapped or put together by Thanksgiving, then I enjoyed the Christmas Holiday. Those days are long gone! Now I am still scrambling up until midnight on Christmas eve.

JANET is a reject. OK, not in our books but with the MP. She is also dealing with the candy sale profits. Her phones end up in the toilet a lot.I got rejected too. Sorry bout your phone.

TE is having trouble letting go of mommy things. Her car insurance doubled with the addition of Ab.Yikes! Can you beleive we will have 4 teenagers on our insurance at one time

ROSIE had more interviews for staff. Her boss took some the boys out for food and observed some rude behavior from another person.Sorry bout the rude lady! We have a group home that attends our church. They are the sweetest, most innocent people that I know. They truly have a pure heart. I can't imagine someone not wanting to eat beside them.

CE is frustrated with sizing of clothing in America. She broke her Iphone.Me too! I think that I am still a size 6 but they just changed the sizing on all the clothes!

ANGELA says that Mitch now knows about the additional niece/nephew. She got to get down with Kool and the Gang at F&W. Her friend didnt want to dance though. F&W sounded fun! not sure what the additional niece/nephew means?

LESSA got her paper for school done. She is thinking of surprising her mom with a Disney cruise. She wants to book one for 2011 and tell her mom on her birthday next year. Oooo. Maybe someone will surprise me with a cruise.

V was still fighting a migraine from you know where. She did talk to Bank of America about a re-fi loan for her home. It looks good.We may re-fi too. Sorry bout the migraine. Hope you are feeling better.

DAWN and B are still sore all over from the wreck. Dawn is still very upset and frustrated with how it has affected their lives. She canceled the cruise.
Dawn, I didn't hear exactly what happened but it sounds like you were in an accident and your back is still hurting. I do hope you are healed quickly

Ts mouth was hurting from the tightening of the braces. Ouchie!

KAT is still a bit under the weather. KC and she will be having a date night on Fri.Sounds like you and KC are doing better. again,m I don't know the whole story since I haven't been reading regularly. But you sound happy again.

Mels eye is still hurting her. NB is taking the kids to Cedar Point this weekend. The weather is awful. Everyone is sick. Cedar Points sounds fun! Hope everyone gets better soon.



^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="blue"]Went out to a pub to celebrate with a couple of co-workers last night. I ate like a pig. TE could put me in her petting zoo. I drank a Carmel Crunch Martini. Then I followed it with a margarita! Arriba! Yes I am a happy camper!
Caramel Crunch Martini!!!! SOunds like my kind of drink!!
__________________
I'm Mu - My husband, Zeta - Alpha (10) - Chi (9) - Omicron (8) - Delta (7) - Tao (4)
debraW76 is offline  
Old 10-16-2009, 08:30 AM   #742
cmp1111
DIS Veteran
 
cmp1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 7,181

Deb! Missed you!
__________________
Me - C.E.! DH - D. DS10 - Woody DS10 - Buzz
See my " The Decoy Trip" Report here. May 2007 - AKL Aug. 2008 - The Big Group Pre-Trip Report is here. And the Rain, Rain, Rain TR: Here
cmp1111 is offline  
Old 10-16-2009, 08:51 AM   #743
jcc0621
DIS Veteran
 
jcc0621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,191

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Well, I woke up to see snow flying through the air.
Noooooooooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
I'm trying to figure out my plan of attack today. I need to get the groceries pretty early, as I want to premake a few things. I need to hit Target for a couple of things, including the birthday present for the kid's birthday party tomorrow. I need to clean up the house some. (Luckily, it's not too bad as I did a pretty deep scrub last week for MIL - just some decluttering and counter work.)
That's good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
One of my friend's babysitter crapped out on her, so she may bring her kids with tomorrow night. The only bad thing about that is that we usually stick my kids in my room, where there is a TV with DVD player. My room is always neglected as "the place no one needs to enter" and if her kids are coming I'll need to get to that, where I normally wouldn't bother.
I do the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
I'm sure I'll be around off and on today! Have a good one!
You too

We were missing you!
__________________
Janet TFW Unofficial Odds Maker

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
jcc0621 is offline  
Old 10-16-2009, 12:39 PM   #744
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict
 
TEminnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 4,674

What's up with Dawn--saw she was headed to doctor.

Sorry you are bored Janet! Wanna come help me play with my kitty?? He's so funny---just starting to play some now---he will pounce on his play mouse and start biting it! I guess he's used to the real thing. I still have his house in the garage -, but I'm leaving the door open some so he can stretch his legs. Daran wants to try him out in the barn this weekend---BA and I are sceered. We've never had an outdoor kitty. But I know isabella wouldn't be nice to him. He just purrs and purrs and kneads on your legs!
__________________
TFW

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
TEminnie is offline  
Old 10-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #745
debraW76
DIS Veteran
 
debraW76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,791

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Deb! Missed you!
Thanks. I missed the fockers too!

Alpha has been in children's hospital all week. He had stomach cramps starting two weeks ago and they couldn't find what was wrong.

He was hospitalized last friday overnight for dehydration but was released on Saturday.

saturday night the pains came back. And all day Sunday.

Monday I took him to the dr again because he hadn't eaten since Friday night. He told me to take him to Children's Hospital in Bham. They did a ct scan and said everything seemed ok except his stomach which was swollen.

Then he started passing blood.

they ordered an upper GI and a colonoscopy. everything came back normal which was good. Basically they eliminated everything else so went back to their original assumption that it was a stomach bug that just lasted two weeks.

Funny thing is no one else in the house has been sick.

because of that we cancelled our trip to Orlando. We lost $100 but it wasn't worth the risk of him getting sick again (or if it was a stomach bug, someone else getting sick) away from home.

This is the kids fall break so luckily he didn't miss too much school work.

My boss has been so understanding throughout all this which I have been really grateful for.

In addition to all that - I have also been having family drama with my siblings and my mom. It involves land, deeds, money, and my dad's will never been probated. I always thought we were close but apparently one brother has been harboring ill feelings for the past 9 years.

Speaking of 9 years... Chi had her 9th birthday and it was also the 9th anniversary of my dad's passing.

Between all that, karate, football, danceline, fall festival, piano lessons, baby showers, babysitting for friends, birthday parties, housework, regular school work, gifted school work, getting ready for halloween, Chi's birthday, Alpha and Delta's upcoming birthdays, and working overtime... I have had very little time for my friends both IRL and 'imaginary'.

I can't wait for Monday when the kids go back to school and everything returns to 'normal'.
__________________
I'm Mu - My husband, Zeta - Alpha (10) - Chi (9) - Omicron (8) - Delta (7) - Tao (4)
debraW76 is offline  
Old 10-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #746
cmp1111
DIS Veteran
 
cmp1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 7,181

Holy cow, Deb - what a lot going on!

I'm so sorry about the sickness and the family drama and the trip cancellation. I hope things turn around - glad your boss was understanding.
__________________
Me - C.E.! DH - D. DS10 - Woody DS10 - Buzz
See my " The Decoy Trip" Report here. May 2007 - AKL Aug. 2008 - The Big Group Pre-Trip Report is here. And the Rain, Rain, Rain TR: Here
cmp1111 is offline  
Old 10-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #747
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict
 
TEminnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 4,674

Deb--you better start saving for insurance now! We had 4 of us on as teens too---3 were boys and my oldest brother kept thinking he could outrun the state troopers....he was wrong.

And get this....the rate was with ab driving my minivan--they said it would have been way worse in another vehicle. She was complaining about driving the MPV...but now she realizes it's not so bad cause---IT RUNS and IT"S FREE! Her friend's cars keep dying....
__________________
TFW

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
TEminnie is offline  
Old 10-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #748
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict
 
TEminnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 4,674

Wow Deb---you have had a rough couple weeks. That must have been scary at the hospital. I know what you mean about getting back on routine--everything seems so much more settled. Keep us updated.
__________________
TFW

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
TEminnie is offline  
Old 10-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #749
jcc0621
DIS Veteran
 
jcc0621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,191

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
What's up with Dawn--saw she was headed to doctor.
She was going to the chiropractor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
Sorry you are bored Janet! Wanna come help me play with my kitty?? He's so funny---just starting to play some now---he will pounce on his play mouse and start biting it! I guess he's used to the real thing. I still have his house in the garage -, but I'm leaving the door open some so he can stretch his legs. Daran wants to try him out in the barn this weekend---BA and I are sceered. We've never had an outdoor kitty. But I know isabella wouldn't be nice to him. He just purrs and purrs and kneads on your legs!
Don't like cats...sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
Thanks. I missed the fockers too!


Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
Alpha has been in children's hospital all week. He had stomach cramps starting two weeks ago and they couldn't find what was wrong.
Oh no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
because of that we cancelled our trip to Orlando. We lost $100 but it wasn't worth the risk of him getting sick again (or if it was a stomach bug, someone else getting sick) away from home.
Trust me that you don't want that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
This is the kids fall break so luckily he didn't miss too much school work.
That's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
My boss has been so understanding throughout all this which I have been really grateful for.
THat's good too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
In addition to all that - I have also been having family drama with my siblings and my mom. It involves land, deeds, money, and my dad's will never been probated. I always thought we were close but apparently one brother has been harboring ill feelings for the past 9 years.
Ugh


Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
I can't wait for Monday when the kids go back to school and everything returns to 'normal'. [/SIZE]
Sounds like you need it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
And get this....the rate was with ab driving my minivan--they said it would have been way worse in another vehicle. She was complaining about driving the MPV...but now she realizes it's not so bad cause---IT RUNS and IT"S FREE! Her friend's cars keep dying....
Smart girl

==================================

So I am so bored I am watching The Hannah Montana Movie. Who told Billy Ray Cyrus he can act?

I have to leave to pick up Jimmy at about 3:30, get dinner together (I'm thinking takeout), then get him into his cub scout uniform. Cub SCouts run from 7:00 to 8:30. When I am I going to have time to watch the Phillies kick some Dodger butt
__________________
Janet TFW Unofficial Odds Maker

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
jcc0621 is offline  
Old 10-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #750
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict
 
TEminnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 4,674

Kinda think she should have went to the doctor---I hope it works for her. BA is really liking the physical therapist she is going to for neck pain. She falls asleep during the treatments--she says everyone should go there to relax!
__________________
TFW

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
TEminnie is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
~TWILIGHTAHOLICS PART 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~*~Volturi...you can GOOGLE it!!!~ Caribbeanprincess Community Board 2222 02-13-2012 09:03 PM
09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009 - Part 4! WDWLVR Disney Cruise Meets 3236 10-24-2010 11:14 PM
Caribbean Beach FAQ Part IV safetymom Disney Resorts 3738 06-28-2010 09:50 AM
Disboutiquers Part 17 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-) teresajoy Disney for Families 3742 10-23-2009 10:38 AM
Cruise Magnet Graphics and Links - part 2 karentan Disney Cruise Line Forum 3823 10-01-2009 08:29 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.