Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2009, 08:41 PM   #1471
we3are1
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say that I have been reading your trip report and it is great. I haven't read each message but the report is awesome.

I pray that your mom and bil will continue to do well.

Jenseib - your daughter's pictures are beautiful

Mickey4ever - I love your Hello at your signature. How did you do that?

Can't wait to hear more soon! We just did a trip 9/12 -17 1st for my 9 yr old DS. Hubby couldn't go cause of work but we are hoping to do another trip next aug/sept for 10 days - finger crossed.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #1472
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Jen, I knew all this time you were very talented!! those are AWESOME and how beautiful ... I have never been lucky enough to see the beauty of fall and your fall is AWESOME!!! I really like how you did your insets...I wish I had the money to fly you here to do Dayne's Sr. pictures!!! or rather I wish I could send Dayne there to have fall pictures taken! Thanks! for sharing!!! I always enjoy your work!!!

I would like to think we have found a wonderful place to build our friendship and fill our Disney addiction!!!

Have a great night everyone!!!
Connie

P.S. I would like to take a moment to thank the mods here for allowing us to build our friendship and share our lives and Disney dreams!!

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 10-19-2009 at 02:12 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #1473
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by we3are1 View Post
Just wanted to say that I have been reading your trip report and it is great. I haven't read each message but the report is awesome.

Can't wait to hear more soon! We just did a trip 9/12 -17 1st for my 9 yr old DS. Hubby couldn't go cause of work but we are hoping to do another trip next aug/sept for 10 days - finger crossed.
Thank you. We think she is pretty special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Jen, I knew all this time you were very talented!! those are AWESOME and how beautiful ... I have never been lucky enough to see the beauty of fall and your fall is AWESOME!!! I really like how you did your insets...I wish I had the money to fly you here to do Dayne's Sr. pictures!!! or rather I wish I could send Dayne there to have fall pictures taken! Thanks! for sharing!!! I always enjoy your work!!!

About Lisa and intercot...well.... I found it harder to naviagate from the dis...I also preferred to repsonses to questions when I did start out over a year ago!!! So, I would like to think we have found a wonderful place to build our friendship and fill our Disney addiction!!!

Have a great night everyone!!!
Connie

P.S. I would like to take a moment to thank the mods here for allowing us to build our friendship and share our lives and Disney dreams!!

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen View Post
Ok, I've had my fun for now.

However, I did write the forum administration a "nice" letter. Now, I'm not for getting other people in trouble but.. well, ok, I am.

ETA - Oh, and Kat, don't be sorry. I found it hysterical too. Was pretty much what I was expecting if I had made a post, but made so much greater by the fact that I didn't have to make a single post.
I actually think it might have been another moderator that did it. I was thinking thatFaline was the "not so nice one" But Lisa told me that actually another one had PM'd her several times and used words like stupid to her.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:21 PM   #1474
SFTrny
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
I would be the first to agree that we should not make fun of other boards. They all have their pros and cons. But, I can't really just focus on a report. We have become such good friends here that we do like to chat about other things. I appreciate our mods here. I think they do a fine job and allow us to be us. But I don't want to see anyone in trouble for something so trivial.

Ginny
Hooray! Thank you Ginny! This thread is all about Lisa's TRIP REPORT. Thank you!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:49 AM   #1475
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Can this thread please get back on track.
Sometimes small amounts of off-topics is tolerated,
but personal messages/chatting/off topic dialogue really shouldn't be on the Trip Reports Board.
I know you all feel you know each other,
but think of the random person, that wants to read a TR,
and finds 20 pages that have nothing to do with a Trip Report.

Ohmari
Old 10-16-2009, 08:26 AM   #1476
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
She called about two weeks ago and we were talking about her Biology class and out of the blue she said "Oh by the way, I'm going to marry Jesse someday." I asked her if they had been talking about it and she said "No, I just know. God told me." I said if God approves of him and she approves of him, then I approve of him.
That is so beautiful!

Quote:
Just in case you guys didn't catch it in my reply to Ginny.....

TOMORROW IS BOSS' DAY! Stop at Wal-Mart on the way home if you've forgotten.

Mel, I know it'll be hard to find something for that ornery boss of your's but I am sure you can at least find a card. Maybe a sarcastic one. Change that. Make it all sweet and flowery. Kill 'em with kindness, I always say!
It's Bosses' day??? Seems like we forgot administrative assistants' day, too.

Thanks for the reminder!!!! I really didn't know.

Quote:
Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

I just searched the web for animated mickey clipart and came across this. Then I loaded it to Photobucket and made added it to my siggy. Really easy!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 10-16-2009, 08:44 AM   #1477
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lacey found a couple of bracelets for the Mission girls and we were off to climb a tree.....the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse tree. For those of you who may be wondering why I, a terrified of heights person, would be climbing way up high in a tree, my answer is "I don't know!". I just don't look down much. With the limbs and branches and leaves kind of blocking the view down, it's not too bad.

We wanted to see how long the wait for Jungle Cruise was so I walked down the steps and motioned the rest to come and get in line since the wait was only:

We knew that we wanted to do the rest of Adventureland. When we saw the line for Aladdin's Magic Carpets, we knew it wasn't in the cards. The line wound waaaaay around. We decided to do this next:

A picture of Lacey's Graduation button which, by the way, hadn't gotten her even a single "Happy Graduation!" comment so far today. Probably because it was on her bag strap.

Even though it wasn't even Noon yet, it was already hot outside and it felt good to be standing in the shade. Not long after we got in the line for the pre-show, these two wiseguys started their bickering:

***Next installment: Captain Hook and his sidekick try to swipe Hunter's watch!

Great update, Lisa. Can't wait to hear about Hunter's watch.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #1478
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Morning all!

I missed a lot yesterday evening since I wasn't on the boards. Hunter and I were working on his final draft of a biography report. Fun....NOT!

We need to get this trip report back on topic like our moderator said. I am going to go back to the first post and put in a little notation for new readers in the hope that it will make it an easier read. That way, if they don't want to read any of our talking, they can skip over it.

Hopefully, I can get an installment posted today. Work is pretty busy today and I have some errands to run this afternoon.

Hope you all have a good day,

Lisa

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #1479
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh before I get off here, Jen your pictures are absolutely gorgeous! I tried to do some artsy fartsy pictures three weekends or so ago. Nothing as pretty as your's though.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 10-16-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #1481
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Morning all!

I missed a lot yesterday evening since I wasn't on the boards. Hunter and I were working on his final draft of a biography report. Fun....NOT!

We need to get this trip report back on topic like our moderator said. I am going to go back to the first post and put in a little notation for new readers in the hope that it will make it an easier read. That way, if they don't want to read any of our talking, they can skip over it.
Hopefully, I can get an installment posted today. Work is pretty busy today and I have some errands to run this afternoon.

Hope you all have a good day,

Lisa

Thank you,
it makes a TR a whole lot easier to navigate.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #1482
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Howdy! Welcome about the crazy trip report. If you don't want to read all of our chatter, simply scroll down each page until you come to writing in bold bright blue. Those are the actual trip report installment.

Thanks so much for your prays for my family members. They are still recovering so they are appreciated.

Ten days is the perfect time in Disney. It gives you time to take Disney slowly and have a down day or two. I sure hope you get to go together as a family!

Old 10-16-2009, 11:57 AM   #1483
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Now I've got that "in the tiki, tiki, tiki room" song in my head. That's okay, I sometimes have lots of voices in my head. At least these voices are Disney voices.

Up next on our list of things to see in the Magic Kingdom was Pirates of the Caribbean. First, we had to make a stop for Lacey. She was in search of the cinnamon sugared covered almonds. It was on her list of things that she absolutely must have. While she was getting the almonds, I spotted Captain Hook and Mr. Smee. The line wasn't that long so I told John and Lacey that Hunter and I were going over to get in line too. They would meet us when they got the almonds.

We waited about 10 minutes or so and then it was Hunter's turn. Captain Hook signed Hunter's autograph book while Mr. Smee interacted with Hunter. Hunter had on a watch with the velcro strap. Mr. Smee pointed to it:

Captain Hook saw what was going on and then shook his head. Mr. Smee proceeded to take it off Hunter's wrist:

And put it on Captain Hook's hook:

Captain Hook continued to admire his new timepiece while Mr. Smee signed the autograph book:

Still wearing Hunter's watch, Mr. Hook and Mr. Smee turned Hunter around for an ARGH! picture:

And a smiling picture:

The castmember asked Captain Hook if he was going to give Hunter his watch back. Mr. Smee stood in front Mr. Hook as if he was protecting their newfound booty. The characters kept up the act for a little while and the crowd was laughing at their antics. Eventually, the agreed to give the watch back:

It was great character interaction. I love Disney!

Up next: Our pirate cruise!

***Sorry it's short but I am about to leave work. First, I have to run a document to the courthouse and file it.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #1484
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love the interaction with Hunter...great pics, Lisa.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #1485
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Hunter is so cute in his interaction; you can see the giddiness even from the back side of his face!!!

can't wait for the cruise!!!
have a great day! Everyone!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: