Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #136
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
But I told him it would just give me one more thing to be thankful for at Thanksgiving--my tree!
That's great!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:04 PM   #137
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
That's great!
He didn't go for it. But I did go through some of our ornaments last night

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #138
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

What a fun update of DTD!!! You guys really took the time to enjoy it all. I always rush through DTD since we usually leave it until the last day and always need to rush back from ME.

"I found my moving buddy"

Never noticed the lettering on that sign before. You're right...that's a publicity nightmare!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #139
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
What a fun update of DTD!!! You guys really took the time to enjoy it all. I always rush through DTD since we usually leave it until the last day and always need to rush back from ME.

"I found my moving buddy"

Never noticed the lettering on that sign before. You're right...that's a publicity nightmare!!!
Thanks! It was a lot of fun. I'd never spent much time there at all...we always only went at night for a few hours. I really liked it better in the daytime. Isn't it horrible! Someone should probably point it out...

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 10-15-2009, 05:23 PM   #140
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 1: Video of AKL!

I completely forgot to include video from Day 1!

So here is a little bit more from Animal Kingdom Lodge. Oh, and before you start watching, please excuse our slight hick accents and any weird comments made.

First up: Our room. As you already know, we loved it. And this is the grand tour. If you have no desire to see an Animal Kingdom Lodge Studio Villa, that’s all this video is, so go on to the next one… And sorry, but it’s a little dark because of the lighting in AKL. Without further ado,

This is our balcony! You can see all of the views from outside our room (and an animal or two).

After lunch, we saw the flamingos (as you already know). Here’s the video of that.

This is a short clip of the Lobby (at least the lower part)

Here are the giraffes that were outside our room when we went back up before going to DTD!

NOW up Next: Our first day in the Parks!!!

Old 10-15-2009, 06:47 PM   #141
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

You don't sound hick!! You should hear the people talking in the town I went to college in. Actually your voice sounds just like I expected it to after seeing so many pictures of you, if that makes sense?! Y'all should pitch yourselves for a show on the Travel Channel!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
Old 10-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #142
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, y'all are too cute! I barely even heard an accent. Such fun to watch the videos. It was almost like getting to "meet" you in person. haha.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:09 PM   #143
misskate
Mouseketeer

Those Marshmallows look FANTASTIC. Wowwww. I really can't wait to make one soon. haha

I'm glad to hear your good report on WPE. We're planning on hitting it when we go there. That alfredo pasta looks divine!

Feb 2010: POFQ...a Disney Baby!
March 2011: Coronado Springs...Ohana! (aka No More Disney Babies for us! )
Old 10-16-2009, 09:00 AM   #144
crocko
DVC Member

Hey there!

I've been behind on reading TR's, but finally got caught up on yours. Trip through day 1 sounds great so far!

Some comments as I caught up:

a) Cheddar's -- we've got one in Norman, OK now...near the new SuperTarget.
b) Tutti Fruitti -- was that in Dallas area? Where is that? Looked so yummy.
c) Africa map in your room. I really like that map....want a room with a cool Africa map sometime!
d) Murals in the Mara -- ?? -- I was in the Mara several times and was completely oblivious to those murals. I was either busy trying to figure out what food to get with our credits and then just staring up at the Disney shows on the TV once I sat down. LOL
e) Disney Kisses poster -- We love that poster, too.....which is why we have one at home!
f) Wolfgang Puck Express -- TOTALLY AGREE! Best QS restaurant in Disney.
g) Drapery & Gifts. Before I read your comment, I saw the picture and did a mental double-take...what did that say? Looking closely the 2nd time, I noticed the D at the beginning. Man...that looked bad for a minute. LOL

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip and how you ran into a really cool guy at Kidani one day. (haha, j/k)
Saratoga Springs (2008, 2011)
Animal Kingdom Lodge (2009)
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 10-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #145
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
You don't sound hick!! You should hear the people talking in the town I went to college in. Actually your voice sounds just like I expected it to after seeing so many pictures of you, if that makes sense?! Y'all should pitch yourselves for a show on the Travel Channel!!
Haha! Thanks! I've been told I do...so I was just warning everyone! We would LOVE to be on the Travel Channel...wouldn't that be the life?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Oh my goodness, y'all are too cute! I barely even heard an accent. Such fun to watch the videos. It was almost like getting to "meet" you in person. haha.
Thanks! We love making videos of stuff so our family and friends can feel like they were there with us! Haha--well, nice to meet you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskate View Post
Those Marshmallows look FANTASTIC. Wowwww. I really can't wait to make one soon. haha

I'm glad to hear your good report on WPE. We're planning on hitting it when we go there. That alfredo pasta looks divine!
I didn't taste the marshmallows--he put too much chocolate on there for me--but mine was incredible!! He loved his too Oh gosh, you have to eat there. It's the best CS ever!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocko View Post
Hey there!

I've been behind on reading TR's, but finally got caught up on yours. Trip through day 1 sounds great so far!

Some comments as I caught up:

a) Cheddar's -- we've got one in Norman, OK now...near the new SuperTarget.
b) Tutti Fruitti -- was that in Dallas area? Where is that? Looked so yummy.
c) Africa map in your room. I really like that map....want a room with a cool Africa map sometime!
d) Murals in the Mara -- ?? -- I was in the Mara several times and was completely oblivious to those murals. I was either busy trying to figure out what food to get with our credits and then just staring up at the Disney shows on the TV once I sat down. LOL
e) Disney Kisses poster -- We love that poster, too.....which is why we have one at home!
f) Wolfgang Puck Express -- TOTALLY AGREE! Best QS restaurant in Disney.
g) Drapery & Gifts. Before I read your comment, I saw the picture and did a mental double-take...what did that say? Looking closely the 2nd time, I noticed the D at the beginning. Man...that looked bad for a minute. LOL

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip and how you ran into a really cool guy at Kidani one day. (haha, j/k)
Hey! It was a super great Day 1!!

a) We saw it on Friday (last week)--how awesome is that!!! We LOVE the crescent rolls!!
b) Tutti Frutti is in Hurst. But the Orange Tree and the Lemon Tree are both in OKC or Moore (I don't know where...look them up). And Pink Swirls is in Edmond. I've been to the Orange Tree and it's REALLY great! (I think it's by 1st Baptist Moore)
c) Awesome map!
d) Haha--the murals are ALL over the walls. I can't believed you missed them!
e) oh wow!
f) YUM!
g) It's awful. I can't believe they haven't made them change it!!
Haha--YEP. Can't wait to read about how you ran into a really cool girl and guy at Kidani!

Old 10-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #146
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Aw loved the videos! So great to hear your voice!
Old 10-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #147
SheenaXena21
DIS Veteran

You've got me all excited now!!!! We're staying at Kidani Village in 26 days. My mom and I ate at Boma last year, and I vowed that we would stay there this year, and we are!!! And I could have stayed at BLT, nope, AKV...

Really enjoying your TR!!!

Old 10-19-2009, 12:07 AM   #148
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

I loved the videos!! Such a great way to capture where you stayed!

You guys are so cute! Our accents sound a lot alike (I was raised in Southwest Louisiana--close to Texas). Except, I am a bit more twang I think

CANT WAIT to see your first day at the parks!! Oh, and good news...we booked the Wilderness Lodge today!! Woohoo! I will explain later on my PTR!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:23 AM   #149
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I keep meaning to watch the videos. I can at work but I don't want anyone sneaking up behind me and busting me if I do!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 10-19-2009, 09:44 AM   #150
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Aw loved the videos! So great to hear your voice!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheenaXena21 View Post
You've got me all excited now!!!! We're staying at Kidani Village in 26 days. My mom and I ate at Boma last year, and I vowed that we would stay there this year, and we are!!! And I could have stayed at BLT, nope, AKV...

Really enjoying your TR!!!
YAY! You're going to love it!! That is so exciting. I don't know if we'll ever be able to stay anywhere else! Thanks so much for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
I loved the videos!! Such a great way to capture where you stayed!

You guys are so cute! Our accents sound a lot alike (I was raised in Southwest Louisiana--close to Texas). Except, I am a bit more twang I think

CANT WAIT to see your first day at the parks!! Oh, and good news...we booked the Wilderness Lodge today!! Woohoo! I will explain later on my PTR!
Thanks Katie! Hehe--that's fun our accents sound the same I have some really good friends from LA and I just LOVE their accents. I'll post about our first day today!! I'm excited to finally get to it! YAY!!!!! That's SOOO exciting! Congrats. I'll go and check out your update.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: