Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #121
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

Sounds like day 2 was a hit !!!
I love peoples reactions from soarin' when they have never done it before.
They are just so amazed !!
That is one of my favorites !
Those margaritas looked muy bueno !!!! (very good) ha ha ............
Can't wait for day 3 !

(DH) (ME, can't stay off DIS) (DD13) (DS13)Pixie
Our 10yr. old twins take on the World for Spring Break-2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2424485
Old 10-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #122
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Great update! Sounds like you had a lot of fun at Epcot and were able to get a lot done. Soarin is my favorite...glad everyone liked it.

That Mickey bar looks soooo good right about now! LOL.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #123
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseKTeer View Post
Awesome update!

What did Jasmine and Ariel say about the orange version of M:S afterward? (You can check out my TR for our group's unforgettable experience)

We just love Soarin'! And margaritas, too!

Wow--chocolate hair

Great photos of Illuminations!

Do you leave for France this coming Friday? I wish I could be like Flat Stanley or Winnie and come along for the trip! Will you be in Paris most of the time? If you like museums, you'll be in the best city in the world!! My favorite is Musee d'Orsay. IMO, Paris is also the most romantic!! Esp. the places along the Seine. If you walk behind Notre Dame and over the little bridge onto the next island, it's just breathtaking. Also, right there on the other side of the bridge is the best ice cream--Bertillion; the raspberry (framboise) is to die for!!
Jasmine and Ariel really liked Mission Mars orange version. Actually it was one of Ariel's favorite rides. I tell people it's like the Gravitron ride that they have at festivals. If you can handle the Gravitron, you can handle orange version....I myself hate the Gravitron

We do leave for France this Friday - good memory! Technically we leave on Thurs because we'll be staying in Disney one night before our flight out. I'm trying my darndest to get this TR done before then!

We will be visiting the Loire, Burgundy, Provence, Riviera and Paris areas of France. I am really excited about seeing the country, I've only been to Provence and Riviera before so it will be mostly new to me. We're going w/ my husband's brother too, so hopefully we will get to sneak some romance in there somwhere

Thanks for your icecream recommendation! I love sweets but really it will depend on the weather...I don't know if I'll want icecream if it's 50 degrees outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Looks like a fun day at Epcot. So glad there wasn't a bad line at TT. It can get ridiculous! I can't wait to go around World Showcase and try different drinks this upcoming trip!
You HAVE to try the margaritas inside Mexico at La Cava de Tequila. They are truly amazing and very flavorful. If you don't like the sour margarita taste, I recommend the passion fruit, it was really sweet. Otherwise, try the Durazno or Jalapeno, you won't regret it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvindisCruiser View Post
Sounds like day 2 was a hit !!!
I love peoples reactions from soarin' when they have never done it before.
They are just so amazed !!
That is one of my favorites !
Those margaritas looked muy bueno !!!! (very good) ha ha ............
Can't wait for day 3 !
I was a little nervous about Belle on Soarin' but I just kept telling her to look ahead and not down and she'd be fine. She really liked it and thought it was so cool that a ride chicken like her could experience something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Great update! Sounds like you had a lot of fun at Epcot and were able to get a lot done. Soarin is my favorite...glad everyone liked it.

That Mickey bar looks soooo good right about now! LOL.
I don't know if the Mickey bar was good as I only got some in my hair but Belle seemed to like it!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #124
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Hey Tink! Great update!!! Mmmmm... I really like the looks of that Tequila Bar. For some reason when people said "Tequila Bar" I envisioned a bar where all they served was shots of tequila.

And while I like tequila (and have done my fair share of shots of it ) I couldn't imagine going there for just that. Glad to see they had delicious Margaritas! They're my fav!

I miss Soarin' Glad to see that everyone liked it!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #125
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

DAY 3 - Our HOT Day in MK!

DAY 3 – Part 1 - Hot Day at MK

Here we are on Day 3, a little drama on this one but everything turned out okay.

Get up and head to MK

This was the earliest that I wanted us to get up during the trip. We had to build in time to ride the monorail and I wanted to see the Welcome Show because I love it!

We did our best but didn’t quite make it for the Welcome Show. My friends didn’t know what they were missing, so everyone was okay with it. I knew I’d see it again soon, so no worries.

Like always, when they first open the gates it seems really crowded at MK.

But really it wasn’t bad at all. We didn’t wait for much all day.

We walked “right down the middle of Main St. USA ay ay.” It’s so pretty all decked out for Fall!

Everybody noticed how hot and humid it was already at 9 in the morning….at this point I knew that we needed to start with an indoor ride. I’m used to the heat & humidity so believe me when I say that this was going to be a hot one.

Let’s have an adventure!

Since nobody was a huge fan of the Nemo or Imagination ride yesterday (except me!) I thought we should head toward the more exciting rides first and come back to Fantasyland later. So we walked over to Adventureland to begin.

Belle said she wanted to “start slow” with a mild ride before riding BTMRR (but BTMRR is mild! LOL) so we hopped on Jungle Cruise – no lines of course but they did fill up the boat before leaving.

You can see how humid it was by the fog on my camera lens in this photo:

This ride ended up being a surprise for our group because Jasmine was totally cracking up the entire time! She really thought the boat captain was hilarious.

We were all laughing because of her laughing…you know how that is! This turned out to be her favorite ride! I did not see that coming.

Next it was POTC. It was good to be in the nice cool queue. Everybody liked this ride, it was a good start to the day.

Frontierland ho!

After POTC we were ready to grab fp’s for Splash Mountain and then ride BTMRR. Where are the crowds now?

There was about a 0 minute wait for both rides, but we didn’t want to get wet so early in the day so BTMRR it is!

Belle was nervous about this ride. I suggested we sit in the back because it’s more fun back there, Belle was hesitant but went along with it….I didn’t tell her that it’s the “wildest ride in the wilderness”!

Man we had fun on that one! Once we got out of the cave area I could see that Belle was smiling. We all agreed that we’d have to return later and do that one at night.

My friends had seen the Swiss Family Robinson tree on our way into Adventureland and they wanted to do that so we walked back to that area and walked on and up up up to the tree!

You can get a really great view of Space Mountain from up there.

By this time we were all pretty hot and sticky and needed something to drink. So we went over to the hub to get some refreshments. I got popcorn (BEST popcorn in the world!) to share and we all got something cold to drink.

Some people were getting a wee bit cranky about the heat so I knew it was time to get us all indoors for a while. We were right by the entrance to Tomorrowland, so how about the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor?

Tomorrowland – just what the doctor ordered

maybe we should have held out for these snacks…do you think they take the DDP?

Turns out the Laugh Floor was just what the doctor ordered. We all cooled off and again Jasmine loved the jokes. Everybody was impressed with how the monsters interact with the audience…cool!

Next it was the Astro Orbiter.

It was pretty hot going up in the elevator but once we saw the view from our rocket ships it was totally worth it. I was surprised to find out how fast these things go at the end. They are pretty intense for a Dumbo-style ride.

Since we were in the Tomorrowland area, I suggested we do the Space Ranger Spin while we were over there.

Something weird happened on this ride. Belle sat with Jasmine and somehow Belle scored REALLY high and Jasmine only scored like 500 points. I think there was something wrong with their point system.

Unfortunately after this ride my friends had had enough of me. I spent the rest of the day in this cage.

But then they remembered that I have the MNSSHP tickets so they let me out and we went to get lunch lol.

Pinnochio and Fantasyland

We weighed the different options and decided to hit Pinnochio’s Village Haus for lunch.

Everybody got the pizza combo except me. I’ve had the pizza and wanted to try something new. They have 2 new menu items now – a meatball sub and chicken parmesan. I got the chicken parm.

It was pretty good and a large portion. The chocolate cake is amazing though. I know, it’s hard to believe, but that little cup of chocolate cake is pure heaven….so much chocolatey goodness. Ariel gave hers to Belle and me so we had double dessert yay! Remember that Ariel is crazy and doesn’t like dessert.

We were right next to IASM so after lunch we hopped on – no wait!

After that we rode Snow White’s Scary Adventures

It was starting to get kinda hot again so next it was time for Philharmagic.

This was another winner with everyone. Jasmine really liked how it’s in 4-D with the smells and wind blowing.

Reaching my max photo limit! Continued in next post…
Old 10-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #126
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

DAY 3 – Part 2 – Our HOT Day at MK Continued

DAY 3 – Part 2 – Our HOT Day at MK Continued

Splash and spending cash

We decided to take a mid day break on this day, so it was about time for our break at this point. We wanted to ride Splash Mountain and then head to Main St for some shopping and then head back to the resort.

Presenting our fp’s we walked right into the queue for Splash. It was about a 5 minute wait where we all talked about who would get soaked.

We’re ready for you Brer Fox!

Turns out we all got pretty soaked because the back of our ride vehicle was at the perfect spot to get splashed by the jets of water that come out when people go down the drop. So before the ride even started we were wet ha ha!

To make it to Main St. without getting too hot again we opted for the railroad.

Ahhh, back on Main St. This is one of my favorite spots in wdw. Its just so cute.

We looked around the shops and bought a few souvenirs. I got the cutest IASM vintage t-shirt with a picture of the clock on the front. Belle got a shot glass and Ariel bought two plastic cups to use on her boat.

I am totally addicted to sweets so we HAD to stop in the confectionary.

Jasmine bought some cotton candy…there was a lady making it fresh in the front window which was super cool. Also it smelled amazing in there.

As we left there was a marching band on Main St. so we watched them for a few minutes. And then as we were leaving who do we run into? Snow White! How cool is that? That is another reason why I love Main St., you just never know what you’re going to find there!

Now it was back on the monorail and off to our resort. We were pretty tired and pretty sweaty by now. Unfortunately this was one of those rare times when the monorail was delayed mid-trip because they were switching one off the tracks….15 minutes later we were at the TTC!

Your clothes are gone? What?

Back at the resort we all took naps and showers…not necessarily in that order! And crazy as this is, Jasmine takes a run! Where did she get that energy?

About a half hour later, Ariel comes over to my room and says “Can you help me look for something? I can’t find these clothes that I put in our room, I think the housekeeper might have thrown them away.”

I know what you’re thinking. Why would a housekeeper throw away someone’s clothes? Well, turns out that Ariel grabbed a clean garbage bag and put her dirty clothes in there….including her favorite dress! Not her finest moment. The clothes bag wasn’t sitting next to the garbage, but a housekeeper in a hurry might have grabbed it in a rush and tossed it in with the rest of the garbage bags, simple mistake.

After searching her room we did not find the bag of clothes! Please don’t let this ruin our trip!

So we make a call to housekeeping and it turns out the person who cleaned their room is still on her rounds. In fact, she’s only about 2 doors down. Ariel checks in with the housekeeper and asks her about the clothes and……the didn’t get tossed! The housekeeper hadn’t disposed of them yet so she got all her stuff back! Whew that was a close one! Crisis averted!

And that was our big drama for the afternoon. Note to self, never put good clothes into a garbage bag unless you hide it in a drawer or something LOL.

And that’s all for now. Next update will include the Wave MNSSHP and another drama….stay tuned!
Old 10-13-2009, 12:35 PM   #127
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Okay, I will try that margarita! I love them!

Looks like a fun MK day. It's my favorite park!

I love the Jungle Cruise! We always end up being the only ones laughing. We also sometimes say the jokes with the skipper.

Ugh, I hate cramming into that elevator for Astro Orbiter!

Woo! You ate at Pinnochio's. One of our favorite CS places to eat at the MK.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #128
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Okay so I just read day 2!!! OMG you girls had such a nice day. Love it! The picture with minnie is adorable!! All of the pictures are.

Look at all the yummy food you girls had.. and the drinks! YUM!

Okay, I'm going to start reading day 3 now
Old 10-13-2009, 04:59 PM   #129
MouseKTeer
back to reality

That was a close call for the clothes in the bag!

Looks like you had a great day at MK (sorry you missed the RD show--I can hardly wait when I hear that song and see the train pull up...I'm as excited as a little kid ) And everybody had fun, even on the "scary" rides!

I bet you're going to visit some of the castles along the Loire? Wow, you've seen lots of France already--cool! Next trip, I really want to go to Provence. Do you, DH and DBIL travel on your own or with a tour group?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #130
valleygirl
Mouseketeer

Loving your trip report!

The clothes in the trashbag reminded me of the trip when my daughter wrapped her retainers in a napkin and left them on the nightstand at Pop. Needless to say housekeeping threw the retainers away thinking they were trash. Unfortunately we never found the retainers even though I was down in the trash room digging through bags. I felt like Steve Martin in the movie Parenthood when he was digging through the dumpster at the pizza place looking for his son's retainers. Glad Jasmine was able to get her cothes back.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #131
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Okay, I will try that margarita! I love them!

Looks like a fun MK day. It's my favorite park!

I love the Jungle Cruise! We always end up being the only ones laughing. We also sometimes say the jokes with the skipper.

Ugh, I hate cramming into that elevator for Astro Orbiter!

Woo! You ate at Pinnochio's. One of our favorite CS places to eat at the MK.
Yeah based on earlier reactions to things I was really surprised about Jasmine loving the Jungle Cruise. She even asked if we could do it during MNSSHP...but too bad, it's closed for the party.

I love Pinnochio's as well, but a lot of people don't. I guess it's b/c all the pizza in WDW is the same no matter where you go, but I don't care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
Okay so I just read day 2!!! OMG you girls had such a nice day. Love it! The picture with minnie is adorable!! All of the pictures are.

Look at all the yummy food you girls had.. and the drinks! YUM!

Okay, I'm going to start reading day 3 now
Yay! I'm glad you're catching up. The TR is moving so fast b/c I'm outta here on Thursday morning. I'm really hoping to wrap it all up by tomorrow night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseKTeer View Post
That was a close call for the clothes in the bag!

Looks like you had a great day at MK (sorry you missed the RD show--I can hardly wait when I hear that song and see the train pull up...I'm as excited as a little kid ) And everybody had fun, even on the "scary" rides!

I bet you're going to visit some of the castles along the Loire? Wow, you've seen lots of France already--cool! Next trip, I really want to go to Provence. Do you, DH and DBIL travel on your own or with a tour group?
Yes, the clothes in the garbage bag had mine & Ariel's hearts beating doubletime...but thankfully we were able to recover them. I guess that's our little pixie dust for this trip!

It was a bummer to miss the opening show, but I know I'll see it again soon

How did you know? We are going to visit the chateaux in the Loire - Chambord, Chenonceau, Villandry and d'Azay. We often take cruises but we are doing this trip on our own. We've done Italy on our own and also some time in Spain and Austrai.

Thank goodness my husband took French from grade school through high school (and his brother even took it through college) so we should be fine to get by. I only took 3 years in high school and I was a dreadful student!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleygirl View Post
Loving your trip report!

The clothes in the trashbag reminded me of the trip when my daughter wrapped her retainers in a napkin and left them on the nightstand at Pop. Needless to say housekeeping threw the retainers away thinking they were trash. Unfortunately we never found the retainers even though I was down in the trash room digging through bags. I felt like Steve Martin in the movie Parenthood when he was digging through the dumpster at the pizza place looking for his son's retainers. Glad Jasmine was able to get her cothes back.
You had me laughing at that one....I can laugh now right? Enough time has passed that you've made peace with it yes?

I totally remember the scene from Parenthood! And the kid is crying b/c he lost the retainer I can only imagine.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:51 PM   #132
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty & the Best View Post
I love Pinnochio's as well, but a lot of people don't. I guess it's b/c all the pizza in WDW is the same no matter where you go, but I don't care!
For future reference, if downstairs is packed at Pinnochio's, go upstairs! There's tables outside on a patio that overlooks Fantasyland. Great view.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #133
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

Great update.
We have put our dirty clothes in a trash bag many times.......not any more !
I can't wait to try Monsters next time, have never done it !!!
I cannot believe the heat !!!
Can't wait for next update ..........................

(DH) (ME, can't stay off DIS) (DD13) (DS13)Pixie
Our 10yr. old twins take on the World for Spring Break-2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2424485
Old 10-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #134
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
For future reference, if downstairs is packed at Pinnochio's, go upstairs! There's tables outside on a patio that overlooks Fantasyland. Great view.
And I thought only I knew about that secret spot! I've sat up there with my husband before, but it was unfortunately closed when I was there w/ my friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvindisCruiser View Post
Great update.
We have put our dirty clothes in a trash bag many times.......not any more !
I can't wait to try Monsters next time, have never done it !!!
I cannot believe the heat !!!
Can't wait for next update ..........................
Yeah, I can't believe Ariel put her stuff in a garbage bag and just left it out like that, but we all have our moments right? I think it would be fine if you put the garbage bag away like in a drawer, but out in the open it just looks like trash
Old 10-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #135
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Au revoir

Hi all,

Well I've just been so busy today that I don't think I'm going to be able to finish this TR before I leave tomorrow morning for France. I won't be back until Nov 2nd, so hopefully my TR won't expire because I truly do want to finish it...I'm not the type to start something and not finish it.

I've sent an email to OhMari the moderator to see if my TR can be preserved.

So, if you'll stick with me, I'll be back in November to finish this TR. If you're going to wdw before I get back...I hope you have a fab time! Otherwise I'll meet you on the flip side!

Thanks for reading

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: