Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2009, 06:24 AM   #1606
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

I can't think where you went for lunch. The last day is so sad...

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 10-12-2009, 06:36 AM   #1607
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Leaving the MK for the last time each trip is always a sad moment! I hope lunch is somewhere good
It was - at least we thought so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
The last day is so sad

Hmmm lunch.... Not sure. Was it at one of the monorail resorts?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Wow, Car! He really does look as if he's about to cry!

TSI was such a great way to end your park time.

What's for lunch, Mom?

Kathy
I love spending a couple of hours at MK before we hit the road. It makes us arrive later at our hotel that night, but who cares??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
We really loved our 'Ohana breakfast too. The food was delicious and we thought the characters were great. We're big Stitch fans in this house!

Oh...and I knew Stitch had a girlfriend! Only because Isaiah spent most of his souvenir shopping time on our trip on a mission to find a plush Angel for his Stitch. NO LUCK! Stitch is still lonely.

Woo-Hoo for MK! What a great way to spend the last day. I'm so glad you made it over to Tom Sawyer Island. My boys could stay there for hours as well! What a great place to explore and just be a kid!

MMMM....the Main Street Bakery! Good choice for on-the-road snacks!
Did I already mention that the CM said there used to be lots of Angel merchandise in the parks, but not anymore? You win a prize for already knowing about the girlfriend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Tom Sawyer Island is the perfect place for three active boys to run off some steam and do some major exploring.

I'm glad you are going somewhere new for lunch. Hopefully that added some fun to the inevitable departure.

Stitch is so cute in his lei. I know he had a great time!
Tom Sawyer was definitely a great choice. The park was starting to get busy too, so TSI is a wonderful oasis from all of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I can almost see Stitch's tears!!! I shed a few every time we leave Disney as well.

Oh, where did you head for lunch?
The final installment is written. I'll be posting it sometime this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I can't think where you went for lunch. The last day is so sad...

Denise
Yes, it is. Thanks for the leaves falling smilie - I love it!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2009, 07:11 AM   #1608
littlezar
DIS Veteran

Fun pics from Tom Sawyer's Island! Stitch does look sad in that pic! I have to admit that I can recite most of the original Lilo & Stitch movie, but we own 4 of them but I've only seen parts of the other 3. My youngest 2 have both been on Lilo & Stitch kicks where that's all they wanted to watch. There was Lilo & Stitch, Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch has a Glitch, Leroy & Stitch and Stitch: The Movie. Not sure what order they came out in, that's the order they're sitting on the shelf, LOL.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:45 AM   #1609
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlezar View Post
Fun pics from Tom Sawyer's Island! Stitch does look sad in that pic! I have to admit that I can recite most of the original Lilo & Stitch movie, but we own 4 of them but I've only seen parts of the other 3. My youngest 2 have both been on Lilo & Stitch kicks where that's all they wanted to watch. There was Lilo & Stitch, Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch has a Glitch, Leroy & Stitch and Stitch: The Movie. Not sure what order they came out in, that's the order they're sitting on the shelf, LOL.
Oh wow - there were four made?? Plus, there was/is a series on TV, right?

Old 10-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #1610
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

My girls really want to explore Tom Sawyers Island next trip, it's always been too hot to do it in August, looks like your boys had fun and what a good way to burn some energy before your drive home
Old 10-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #1611
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

I hate leaving MK for the last time each trip.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #1612
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Last day..so sad.....

Those last pix at the monorail station had me sighing....it's like...see you later...don't know when I'll be back again....
Old 10-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #1613
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

So sad it's all coming to an end. Sorry I haven't posted much this time around. I've tried to read and keep up as much as I can. It looks like you guys had a really great trip. Can't wait to see whats for lunch.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #1614
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Hi, Carissa! I finally was able to get caught up on these last days of your trip! Last days are sad, but it seems you ended it right! Looking forward to your lunch plans.....

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 10-13-2009, 06:52 AM   #1615
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
My girls really want to explore Tom Sawyers Island next trip, it's always been too hot to do it in August, looks like your boys had fun and what a good way to burn some energy before your drive home
I think it might be a good place to go when it's hot - lots of shade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I hate leaving MK for the last time each trip.
Especially when you don't know when you'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Last day..so sad.....

Those last pix at the monorail station had me sighing....it's like...see you later...don't know when I'll be back again....
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
So sad it's all coming to an end. Sorry I haven't posted much this time around. I've tried to read and keep up as much as I can. It looks like you guys had a really great trip. Can't wait to see whats for lunch.
Hey Cherie! I completely understand, trust me. Glad to see you stop by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hi, Carissa! I finally was able to get caught up on these last days of your trip! Last days are sad, but it seems you ended it right! Looking forward to your lunch plans.....
I think I'm more sad now than I was when we left. I'll talk about that in my final thoughts.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:01 AM   #1616
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Part 4 - Fill Yo' Trunque with Pedro's Junque!

We made our way back over to the Polynesian and meandered around until we found Captain Cook’s. I was really excited to finally get the chance to try the infamous dole whip! After inquiring of the CM working the register how the whole process worked, I managed to get everyone’s meals ordered. My notes only say that Chuck and I had the flatbread pizza (which was very good) and the dole whip. Not sure what the boys had.

Chuck got the dole whip and let’s just say he went a big crazy with the portion size. I didn’t come close to finishing mine. But, that might be because I wasn’t all that impressed with it. Maybe I’d like the dole float more. I got a bit tired of the taste after a few bites. But, at least I can now say I’ve tried it!

Had to take a few pictures on the way out…

We headed to the van and officially left Walt Disney World around 1:30 p.m.

My notes for the drive home say, “2 headed donkey" and "van turned into a pickup truck.” I know I thought they were amusing at the time, but I don’t remember if it was a real donkey???

We also saw a really bad car accident on 95 south. Traffic was backed up forever. People were out of their cars and walking around. It was one of those moments where you’re so sad for the people in the accident and so glad you’re not the one stuck in the traffic.

This water just looked so unbelievably calm. Beautiful.

We ate dinner at a Wendy’s and made it to our hotel by 7:30. We took a quick swim in the indoor pool and then we all went to bed. Or tried to anyway. Our neighbors were VERY loud. And I’m a light sleeper. Even with our fan that Chuck went out to get from the van, I could still hear them (and by this time it was after 11). We also realized that we’d left behind my pillow in POR. Argh!! I know I probably could have called and checked about having it mailed back to me, but I didn’t bother.

I finally managed to get to sleep. Woke up bright and early the next day, ate our complimentary breakfast, and hit the road by 7:30.

We knew we were getting closer to home when we started seeing signs for South of the Border! I know this one isn’t very funny, but I kept trying to get a picture of a sign and was excited when I finally accomplished my task.

My favorite sign on the way home said, “Fill Yo' Trunque with Pedro’s Junque!” Really?

I have no more notes of our trip, but I know two events occurred that stuck in my mind. The first was a rock that hit our windshield and caused a crack.

A few weeks after returning home, we called our insurance company and were able to have someone come out and try to “repair” the crack for free. They fill it with resin in the hopes that it won’t crack any further. Well, let’s just say the crack has since grown.

The other big event was Owen began not feeling well. I think he was complaining his throat hurt. I thought maybe he was just getting a cold. We stopped for dinner at some fast food place and he ate a little bit. Got back in the van and there was lots of stopping and starting through northern Virginia. Finally, Owen began coughing and I knew instantly what it meant. Yup – car sick time. I grabbed a plastic bag I had with me and handed it back to him, but he didn’t open up the bag before he erupted. Chuck pulled over but it was an area with a guard rail and not really enough room. Very scary to be stopped there. I won’t go into details, but it was a mess to clean up. Thank goodness we weren’t too far from home!!

We made it home safely by early evening. Another successful trip completed.

Up Next – A Life Update

Last edited by carissanboys; 10-14-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:08 AM   #1617
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

I had the Dole Whip float and really enjoyed it...I agree that I may not have liked just the soft serve as much. The pineapple juice really made it for me.

Oh..Poor Owen! I know that car sick feeling and it's NOT AT ALL FUN. Or for you either having to clean it up...UGH. Not a great way to end the trip, huh?

Looking forward to your recap and final thoughts...so what IS the big deal about staying on property? Are we going to get an answer??
Old 10-13-2009, 07:12 AM   #1618
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
I had the Dole Whip float and really enjoyed it...I agree that I may not have liked just the soft serve as much. The pineapple juice really made it for me.
I love pineapple juice. I think I would prefer pineapple juice over vanilla soft serve more.

Quote:
Oh..Poor Owen! I know that car sick feeling and it's NOT AT ALL FUN. Or for you either having to clean it up...UGH. Not a great way to end the trip, huh?
He's our puker so I wasn't surprised.

Quote:
Looking forward to your recap and final thoughts...so what IS the big deal about staying on property? Are we going to get an answer??
The answer shall be revealed!

Old 10-13-2009, 07:14 AM   #1619
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

I love Capt Cooks flatbread, yum yum!

Car sick! That is too bad, it really sucks when that happens.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:32 AM   #1620
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Not impressed with the Dole Whip That is some kind of DIS boards blasphemy Personally, I really like it but can definitely see how a few bites would be enough if you didn't totally dig the flavor. It is very distinct. The float actually makes the whole thing sweeter so who knows if you'd like that.
Sorry about the carsick thing. I definitely know how that goes. My youngest gets car sick regularly and that DC area traffic brings it on like nothing else.
Looking forward to the final thoughts

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: