Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #241
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"
 
RooRach0906's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Richmond,VA
Posts: 2,197

Im so excited!! I made my own package with the help of Cathy(so sweet and helpful)for my DH as a anniversary gift. I got him the lunchbox (in the You Did IT package), Groom and Bride Ears (we wanted these on our disneymoon), Snickers, Milkway, Gummi Bears, Preztels, Lays, Doritos. He always gets snack hungry and I wanted him to have things available in the room!!! I will take pics of it when we recieve it on Sept 13 (first day of our trip).
__________________
Me (30) DH(29) & DD(4)
SSR ~ Sept06 Disneymoon, CR ~ Sept09 Anniv Trip, OKW ~ Sept11 DD 1st trip w/the TagAlongs, SSR&BWV ~ Dec12, BWV ~ May13 's 3rd BDay Trip, BCV & SSR ~ Sept13, BLT ~ Sept14

RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #242
KELLY
DIS Veteran
 
KELLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Wells,me,usa
Posts: 5,607

I really can't afford the mickey's celebration. Plus we aren't celerbrating anything. But we are going Halloween week for 8 nights. I was thinking of doing the trick-or treat package one for each of my girls.. I was wondering if they can add a few things for me? The mickey bucket would come in hand for our MNSSHP. Also do the let you sub the pirate or princess stuffed animal for a diffrent 13 inch animal. We already have those and I was thinking along the lines of a chip and dale or stitch.
__________________

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6

Last edited by KELLY; 08-30-2009 at 07:35 PM.
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-31-2009, 11:49 AM   #243
SharonLovesMickey
Mouseketeer
 
SharonLovesMickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 278

I called up and did a mix & match of a few things I saw on the website. They were VERY helpful and patient. I will post a pic after our upcoming trip!
__________________
YC '01 YC '07 AKL '08 AKL 2/09, 09/09 Poly '11 AKL 10/11 BC 6/12 - I was a DisneyWorld Bridesmaid! AKL 10/12 BC '13
Disneyland: 1992, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2007-too many times to count!, 2007 Paradise Pier, 2009
I ate my way around World Showcase!
SharonLovesMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #244
ChrislovesMinnie
All this clapping is giving the TF a headache! :)
Dreams DO come true!
 
ChrislovesMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: West Seneca, NY USA
Posts: 247

I called last week and made arrangements for the Mickey and Pals through DisneyFlorist. I can't wait to see my son's face when he walks into the room.
__________________
ChrislovesMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #245
opiwan
Earning My Ears
 
opiwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 50

ChrislovesMinnie,

Did they allow you to have it delivered when you arrive or is it the day after? Let us know how it works out, I'll be curious to hear your report. Please post pics!

Thinking of doing the Grand Welcome for my daughter when we go in Feb.
__________________
1998 - Caribbean Beach (Honeymoon)
2010 - All-Stars Music (Daughters first trip)

Last edited by opiwan; 09-15-2009 at 10:13 AM.
opiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #246
ChrislovesMinnie
All this clapping is giving the TF a headache! :)
Dreams DO come true!
 
ChrislovesMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: West Seneca, NY USA
Posts: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by opiwan View Post
ChrislovesMinnie,

Did they allow you to have it delivered when you arrive or is it the day after? Let us know how it works out, I'll be curious to hear your report. Please post pics!

Thinking of doing the Grand Welcome for my daughter when we go in Feb.
Hi opiwan,

They were fabulous making the arrangements. As they can't have it in the room prior to check-in, they made arrangements for the evening after we check in. We will be out of the room for a certain time and they will set it all up. I am very excited as this is a very special trip and also for my sons birthday. I will post pics. Hope you have a wonderful time on your upcoming trip.
Take care.
__________________
ChrislovesMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #247
fitzpat
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 75

my experiance

I did the romance package -- I had just proposed to (now) fiance at Victoria & Alberts. The only problem I had was that there was supposed to be a bottle of champagne in the package -- I did not have the ability to take the package ala carte so the total price included the champagne even though I was fairly certain I would not be in the mood for any more alcohol after doing a wine pairings dinner at V&As. Anyway, when I had asked about delivery as there would be no one in the room, I was assured that it would be no problem as long as I cleared it with the front desk. Upon check-in I spoke to both the concierge and the front desk people to make sure such a delivery was ok with us out of the room. After the proposal we can back to the room full of rose petals and chocolates etc. No champagene. To be honest with it I forgot about it until we were checking out a few days later. I had the concierge track it down and the bottle had been sent back to the florists. They ended up crediting my account the price difference. I was happy in that a bottle was not wasted on us that night; however, be careful if your told you can alcohol deliverd to your room when your not there!!
fitzpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #248
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink
 
gemmybear83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: U.K
Posts: 5,418

I have the Mickeys Pirate Pumpkin ordered as a little gift to my DF for halloween - I know its for kids but thought he would appreaciate it! Will pst some photos once were back!
__________________
gemmybear83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #249
SharonLovesMickey
Mouseketeer
 
SharonLovesMickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 278

I am happy to say that my husband was THRILLED with his "snack tote" that I created for him. They delivered it the evening we arrived and he was the one who answered the door. It came just as advertised with Pirate Mickey & Goofy in a WDW tote full of snacks. It was all stuff we would have purchased to snack on anyway and it was a nice surprise.

I am very pleased with this service so I definitely recommend it!
__________________
YC '01 YC '07 AKL '08 AKL 2/09, 09/09 Poly '11 AKL 10/11 BC 6/12 - I was a DisneyWorld Bridesmaid! AKL 10/12 BC '13
Disneyland: 1992, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2007-too many times to count!, 2007 Paradise Pier, 2009
I ate my way around World Showcase!
SharonLovesMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #250
jkuglin
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 38

That Grand Gathering Welcome sounds fabulous but is a little out of our price range. I'm hoping to put one together myself and set it out either the before the kids (9, 8 and 6) get into the room or the first morning right after my husband takes them down to breakfast. So far I have a 15'' Mickey, Minnie and Goofy, some balloons, a yellow plastic bucket filled with snacks and glow sticks and 6'' cutout Mickey gloves for the walls.

Any other ideas for goodies or suggestions on what the note from Mickey should read would be appreciated!
Thanks!
jkuglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:48 PM   #251
MTW
Mouseketeer
 
MTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 309

I am also doing a "make your own" in room celebration. I went to Michaels and purchased a mickey head "punch" and made confetti with red, yellow and black card stock and some shiny oragami paper. I ordered about $100 worth of stuff from disneystore.com....2 polos with mickey embroidered and their names (instead of the blanket), a WDW photo album and a really nice picture frame. I made a banner similar to the one they hang on the wall. I am not creative AT ALL but it came out ok. I will pick up some snacks when we get down there to have in the room and I also ordered Mickey light spinners from some off brand internet sight. They were $2.75 or something a piece but they charged $8 shipping or so. I am actually really pleased with them. My friend figured out how to do the mickey feet for the room. I am not getting the hands or the hidden mickey book. My boys are young (5,2) and I don't think they care about those things. Here's the total run down of what we have:
  1. 2 30" Mickeys from the disney store (got them on sale $40 for both)
  2. 2 blue embroidered polos ($9.99 each - free personalization from disneyshopping.com)
  3. 2 Mickey light up spinners (cost about $13)
  4. 1 WDW photo album ($20)
  5. 1 WDW picture frame ($25)

Decorations
  1. Celebration wall banner
  2. Mickey Confetti
  3. Wrapped box with gifts inside
  4. Mickey footprints

I am going to ship the box to the resort the week before we arrive. All in all it will probably cost around $150-$175 but it's been fun putting it together!
__________________
DSDSDS
MTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #252
jkuglin
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTW View Post
I am also doing a "make your own" in room celebration. I went to Michaels and purchased a mickey head "punch" and made confetti with red, yellow and black card stock and some shiny oragami paper. I ordered about $100 worth of stuff from disneystore.com....2 polos with mickey embroidered and their names (instead of the blanket), a WDW photo album and a really nice picture frame. I made a banner similar to the one they hang on the wall. I am not creative AT ALL but it came out ok. I will pick up some snacks when we get down there to have in the room and I also ordered Mickey light spinners from some off brand internet sight. They were $2.75 or something a piece but they charged $8 shipping or so. I am actually really pleased with them. My friend figured out how to do the mickey feet for the room. I am not getting the hands or the hidden mickey book. My boys are young (5,2) and I don't think they care about those things. Here's the total run down of what we have:
  1. 2 30" Mickeys from the disney store (got them on sale $40 for both)
  2. 2 blue embroidered polos ($9.99 each - free personalization from disneyshopping.com)
  3. 2 Mickey light up spinners (cost about $13)
  4. 1 WDW photo album ($20)
  5. 1 WDW picture frame ($25)

Decorations
  1. Celebration wall banner
  2. Mickey Confetti
  3. Wrapped box with gifts inside
  4. Mickey footprints

I am going to ship the box to the resort the week before we arrive. All in all it will probably cost around $150-$175 but it's been fun putting it together!
MTW, that sounds wonderful! You'll have to take pics and post. Looking forward to hearing their reaction and seeing pics!
jkuglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:10 AM   #253
djthereplay
Mouseketeer
 
djthereplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTW View Post
I am also doing a "make your own" in room celebration. I went to Michaels and purchased a mickey head "punch" and made confetti with red, yellow and black card stock and some shiny oragami paper. I ordered about $100 worth of stuff from disneystore.com....2 polos with mickey embroidered and their names (instead of the blanket), a WDW photo album and a really nice picture frame. I made a banner similar to the one they hang on the wall. I am not creative AT ALL but it came out ok. I will pick up some snacks when we get down there to have in the room and I also ordered Mickey light spinners from some off brand internet sight. They were $2.75 or something a piece but they charged $8 shipping or so. I am actually really pleased with them. My friend figured out how to do the mickey feet for the room. I am not getting the hands or the hidden mickey book. My boys are young (5,2) and I don't think they care about those things. Here's the total run down of what we have:
  1. 2 30" Mickeys from the disney store (got them on sale $40 for both)
  2. 2 blue embroidered polos ($9.99 each - free personalization from disneyshopping.com)
  3. 2 Mickey light up spinners (cost about $13)
  4. 1 WDW photo album ($20)
  5. 1 WDW picture frame ($25)

Decorations
  1. Celebration wall banner
  2. Mickey Confetti
  3. Wrapped box with gifts inside
  4. Mickey footprints

I am going to ship the box to the resort the week before we arrive. All in all it will probably cost around $150-$175 but it's been fun putting it together!
Hello MTW !,

If You will be staying in a resort that is on Walt Disney World's Property,

Do you know how the florist can have Balloons As a Part of The In Room Celebrations? Well, See if you can get the resort to deliver Balloons to Your Room. THEY ARE FREE !!!! The Balloons also come with a Celebrate Today Card with An Autographed Picture of Mickey in it on One Side, and On The Other side they Have A SPECIAL Designed Celebration PhotoPass with A Code on the back of The PhotoPass Card when you remove it from the Celebrate Today Card.

This Special PhotoPass will look like this on the front:



After you are done using it and You are Back Home from Your Disney Vacation, Look for The Code On The Back of The PhotoPass Card,
The One That You type in to pull up Your Pictures taken By The Photopass Photographers, THAT SAME CODE IS ALSO A PROMOTIONAL CODE FOR A CELEBRATION DISCOUNT ON ONE ORDER OF ANYTHING AVAILABLE on www.disneyphotopass.com . Just type in that same code that is on the backside of this PhotoPass Card WITHOUT SPACES OR DASHES in the Promotional Code Field in the Shopping Cart when Ordering Your PhotoCDs, PhotoBooks, etc. HOWEVER, This discount can be used for ONLY ONE ORDER.

Just thought I'd give you this news, If I am not too late.

ENJOY DISNEY !!!! I CERTAINLY DID THIS PAST SEPTEMBER.

~ Dwight
djthereplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:00 PM   #254
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran
 
amberg@eastlink.ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: timberlea, ns
Posts: 2,100

i have that card sitting in front of me! they gave it to us with a card from mickey and minnie saying congrats...but we didnt get it til day two and we went rite to the parks. i passed by it like three times and didnt notice it. ha! now i just gotta play around with my pics on it.
__________________
amber allan lorelei (9) bradley (7) natalie (2) mischief jazzie

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec) 2013 kidani, aoa(dec/jan) 2014 pop(feb-race!)
amberg@eastlink.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #255
MTW
Mouseketeer
 
MTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 309

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthereplay View Post
Hello MTW !,

If You will be staying in a resort that is on Walt Disney World's Property,

Do you know how the florist can have Balloons As a Part of The In Room Celebrations? Well, See if you can get the resort to deliver Balloons to Your Room. THEY ARE FREE !!!! The Balloons also come with a Celebrate Today Card with An Autographed Picture of Mickey in it on One Side, and On The Other side they Have A SPECIAL Designed Celebration PhotoPass with A Code on the back of The PhotoPass Card when you remove it from the Celebrate Today Card.

This Special PhotoPass will look like this on the front:



After you are done using it and You are Back Home from Your Disney Vacation, Look for The Code On The Back of The PhotoPass Card,
The One That You type in to pull up Your Pictures taken By The Photopass Photographers, THAT SAME CODE IS ALSO A PROMOTIONAL CODE FOR A CELEBRATION DISCOUNT ON ONE ORDER OF ANYTHING AVAILABLE on www.disneyphotopass.com . Just type in that same code that is on the backside of this PhotoPass Card WITHOUT SPACES OR DASHES in the Promotional Code Field in the Shopping Cart when Ordering Your PhotoCDs, PhotoBooks, etc. HOWEVER, This discount can be used for ONLY ONE ORDER.

Just thought I'd give you this news, If I am not too late.


ENJOY DISNEY !!!! I CERTAINLY DID THIS PAST SEPTEMBER.

~ Dwight
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately (or fortunately) we are setting up the room at AKL which doesn't allow balloons. Hopefully this will help someone else out. Are you saying that they add on the balloons for free or that they will just deliver balloons to your room for free? That is really a great deal if you don't even have to order anything. Glad you had a great trip! We leave tomorrow and I am SO NOT READY! Hopefully we will have lots of pics to post when we get back!
Meg
__________________
DSDSDS
MTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.