Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #556
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
You don't have to cut the cake at the ceremony site - they will box it up for you to take with you to dinner while you do the toasts. They will not hold the cake for you, and lately it seems like they won't even transport it for a fee. Back in the day, brides were paying $75 or so to have it moved to their dinner location. Now they seem to be told they have to arrange to transport it themselves, but, hey, it's free!
Carrie
If you have a private reception arranged with DFTW as an add on to the Escape package, you can have the cake/champagne set up at that, right?

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #557
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

Bloves- I think we still may cut the cake and box it then send it over, but only in an attempt to cut down on the amount of time we need our photog, we are not having them take pics at the dinner..but we do want the cake cutting
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2009, 12:24 AM   #558
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it! At first I was disappointed but the more I think about it, maybe we should just go ahead and do cake right after the ceremony. I forgot to take into account the gap between the ceremony and dinner which will be used for photos of DF and I. And of course, cake cutting pictures are important but as someone else mentioned, I doubt I'll have time with our photographer at dinner itself.

I guess post-cutting I'll just have to ask a family member to run off and immediately get the box containing our top layer into a fridge?
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #559
Beep
My heart and soul live in Florida!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Carrie
If you have a private reception arranged with DFTW as an add on to the Escape package, you can have the cake/champagne set up at that, right?
Hiya,

This is what we are doing. We are getting married at the Boardwalk, having photos taken there and then private reception at Sago Cay at the GF. We are having the champagne and cake ceremony over there rather than having to transport the cake around.

The only problem we have is that we are going over to POR from the GF for some photos and I'm a bit worried about the cake melting in the car before we get back to the Boardwalk!

UK Spending Game #5
Beep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:02 PM   #560
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Escape Wedding cakes

Does anyone know if you can have "and they lived happily ever after" added to an escape cake and if it would cost extra?

8-9-10
Wedding Gazebo
TinkLoverSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #561
HopefulDisneyBride
Living my fairytale at last

I was really happy with it. It was better than I had imagined. Our guests are still talking about how much they liked it!

Last edited by HopefulDisneyBride; 11-05-2009 at 08:13 PM.
HopefulDisneyBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:46 PM   #562
MegKate
2010 UMaine Graduate... now unemployed. What to do? Spend time on the DIS!

Here's mine.

They lost my cake topper, so they just stuck the Minnie Mickey on it. Wasn't happy! And the colors were off even though I gave them swatches. Sigh.
MY PJ can be found here!, Facebook me!
WDW - 1991, 1993, 2000, 2001(Contemporary), 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (Pop), 2011
WDL - 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
Our Wedding/Honeymoon - October 8-20 (POFQ)

Our 5 year anniversary trip - April 26 - May 4, 2014 at the Polynesian - CASTLE VIEW!

MegKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #563
v_misses_epcot
.-.

Hello! This is my first post and I just want to say how amazing all these cakes look! I have a quick question though. My bf and I are prob doing the Wishes package and we already have a pretty good idea of what we want for our cake. It'll be the shells and sands theme. I had already called the wedding planner to see if they'd do a custom cake and they said they don't see why not. For people on this board that had custom cakes, we're they pretty laid back in what idea you had in mind? Mine is more the type of cake that I want. The recipe is for Tres Leches cake (three milk cake) if you never heard of that, wiki it. It's amazing. I'm mexican and would love a cake close to home to be made for me. I really hope they'll try to make it if I give them the recipe, if not it'll be time for plan b: Strawberry cream! LOL! I'm doing the wishes package!
v_misses_epcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:17 AM   #564
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

I *love* tres leches cakes! I can't guarantee that Disney's version will taste like what you're used to, but hopefully they will be amenable to giving it a try. We did a custom cake based off a picture in a magazine, and they did a fantastic job re-creating it - except for the colors. So I would say, if that's important to you too, send swatches of fabric or paint chips along with the picture.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:18 AM   #565
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkLoverSam View Post
Does anyone know if you can have "and they lived happily ever after" added to an escape cake and if it would cost extra?

8-9-10
Wedding Gazebo
I don't see why not - they put it on certain Wishes cakes. And I can't see it costing very much extra, if anything. Only your wedding coordinator can tell you for sure, though.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #566
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenercam View Post
I am so happy to be able to post pix of our gorgeous cake!

Besides how GORGEOUS it was, the cake was delicious beyond all expectations!
I just have to say that is the most beautiful cake I have ever seen in my life. With the shimmer in the flowers, the whole thing looks porcelain. I don't think I would have been able to cut it. I'm happy to hear it tasted just as good as it looked.
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Future Trips: ? Disneyland May 2014 ?
DisneyShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #567
v_misses_epcot
.-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I *love* tres leches cakes! I can't guarantee that Disney's version will taste like what you're used to, but hopefully they will be amenable to giving it a try. We did a custom cake based off a picture in a magazine, and they did a fantastic job re-creating it - except for the colors. So I would say, if that's important to you too, send swatches of fabric or paint chips along with the picture.
Yay! I'm glad someone else has tried tres leches. I like it to be just right but nowadays people here make it too too moist! You can literally see the milk running out of the cake tsk tsk. I'm hoping a chef will try it out and with the right ingredients, it'll come out not like home, but close enough. As for the cake, it's super easy, I just want that shells one they have under classics since it'll be a beach theme. I might want them to add a little green to it but other then that, it's a lovely cake.

A little ot, but when my bf and I were watching your vids while looking at other disney weddings, was that one of the final fantasy themes you were playing!? Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe it was your ceremony video.
v_misses_epcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:01 PM   #568
lurkyloo

A-ha! Well, judging by recent experiences posted on the DIS' cake thread, you should have no worries about getting a cake from Disney that's too moist.

I'm not sure if any of the songs we used appear in Final Fantasy (most are by Jerry Goldsmith, Michael Giacchino and John Barry) but there's a list of them here: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...41&postcount=2
Old 11-10-2009, 12:32 PM   #569
scarlet-la-belle
Mouseketeer

YAY! I can play now here was Petes and mine, I was yummy!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #570
jspahn
Disney Bride October 2009

Here is ours:

And our grooms cake:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: