Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
wendy1974
DIS Veteran

Just back from Free Dining and MNSSHP...the good, the bad and the Raisins???

Alright, I don't normally do trip reports and haven't downloaded any pics but I wanted to get this all down while the experience was still fresh in my head I figured the best way to do this was a day by day report of what we did...

Sunday, September 27th- We drove from Louisiana and after staying in Lake City Saturday night we arrived around 10 a.m. at Port Orleans Riverside. This is the 7th time I've stayed here and I just love it We bought 5 day non park hopper tickets with the free dining package and found out upon check in that we were given 6 day tickets for the price of 5, YAY We grabbed lunch in the food court and decided to scrap the original plan of heading straight to DTD and go over to MK instead. We got to the park around 1 p.m. and boy was it crowded I haven't seen crowds like that since my last Summer visit but with it being the weekend we just chalked it up as a combination of free dining and locals. It was hot and humid So I came up with the bright idea that visiting Johnny, er Capn' Jack in POC was a good idea. The line was hanging out the door and it ended up being a 20 min wait. Have I ever waited this long here Oh well, once we got into the tunnels leading to our boat it was nice and cool. After cooling off with the Pirates we decided to check out Frontierland where we were greeted with a sea of people After checking out the 60 minute wait for Splash Mtn. and BTMRR we booked it down the bridge as the main path was too crowded to walk on. I hadn't had a chance to see Hall of President's since the update and with the large seating capacity and air conditioning it sounded like a good idea. Stepping through the door and walking 5 feet into the room we came to a stop and could go no further as there were many bodies crowding the floor. We only had to wait 5 minutes before the next show started and I have to say I think all of the changes make this one of the best shows in WDW
At this point we had been in the park for close to 2 hours and the crowds weren't getting any better. We decided to check out Fantasyland...um, Peter Pan 45 minutes, Winnie the Pooh 35...while I love Peter and Winnie I wasn't going to wait that long and Fast Pass was a few hours out. IASW it is! We waited 15 minutes and were ready to set sail. By the time we were done here it was after 3 and DTD was starting to look better and better. I'll be back shortly to update everyone on Tren-D and our 1st full day in MK.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
wendy1974
DIS Veteran

DTDWe (myself 34 and my Mom 69) left MK and headed for the POR bus stop. It was packed with no bus in sight but French Quarter only had a few people and their bus was just pulling up so we hopped on. Once at the resort we headed down to the boat launch to DTD and while waiting a huge storm popped up and everyone got drenched as we got on the boat We made it to DTD, a little wet but still happy to be there First stop was Tren-D, after hearing all of the great things about it on The Dis I had to check it out and I was not disappointed. They carry some unique clothing and jewelry that you won't see in any of the other stores on property. There were so many cute things that I parted with some of my spending money here We walked around and looked in a few more stores and decided to grab dinner. Earl of Sandwich was close by and though I'd never eaten there before I'd heard lots of great things about it here and as usual the people on this board did not steer me wrong My Mom and I had the Earl Club and it was great. I'd highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a good sandwich
At this point we were getting tired so it was time to head back to the room and get some rest for our first full day with Mickey
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
JOEYDIS
Mouseketeer

Hello fellow Louisiana Disney lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy1974 View Post
Alright, I don't normally do trip reports and haven't downloaded any pics but I wanted to get this all down while the experience was still fresh in my head I figured the best way to do this was a day by day report of what we did...

Sunday, September 27th- We drove from Louisiana and after staying in Lake City Saturday night we arrived around 10 a.m. at Port Orleans Riverside. This is the 7th time I've stayed here and I just love it We bought 5 day non park hopper tickets with the free dining package and found out upon check in that we were given 6 day tickets for the price of 5, YAY We grabbed lunch in the food court and decided to scrap the original plan of heading straight to DTD and go over to MK instead. We got to the park around 1 p.m. and boy was it crowded I haven't seen crowds like that since my last Summer visit but with it being the weekend we just chalked it up as a combination of free dining and locals. It was hot and humid So I came up with the bright idea that visiting Johnny, er Capn' Jack in POC was a good idea. The line was hanging out the door and it ended up being a 20 min wait. Have I ever waited this long here Oh well, once we got into the tunnels leading to our boat it was nice and cool. After cooling off with the Pirates we decided to check out Frontierland where we were greeted with a sea of people After checking out the 60 minute wait for Splash Mtn. and BTMRR we booked it down the bridge as the main path was too crowded to walk on. I hadn't had a chance to see Hall of President's since the update and with the large seating capacity and air conditioning it sounded like a good idea. Stepping through the door and walking 5 feet into the room we came to a stop and could go no further as there were many bodies crowding the floor. We only had to wait 5 minutes before the next show started and I have to say I think all of the changes make this one of the best shows in WDW
At this point we had been in the park for close to 2 hours and the crowds weren't getting any better. We decided to check out Fantasyland...um, Peter Pan 45 minutes, Winnie the Pooh 35...while I love Peter and Winnie I wasn't going to wait that long and Fast Pass was a few hours out. IASW it is! We waited 15 minutes and were ready to set sail. By the time we were done here it was after 3 and DTD was starting to look better and better. I'll be back shortly to update everyone on Tren-D and our 1st full day in MK.
Where are you from I live in Pineville.
April 2007 ASMO;Sept 2008 Pop;March 2009 WL and Disney Wonder;May 2009 CBR-Pirate Room;;Nov 2009 YC and Earmark;Feb 2010 Family cruise on the Magic;Nov 2010 Treehouse Villas and 3 nights on the Wonder. March 2012 Poly and Disney Fantasy : Feb 2013 AOA Nemo Suite. July 2013 Disney Dream 40th b-day cruise with DH
Old 10-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
Magic2000
DIS Veteran

Howdy from another Louisiana native!!! We're from Bush (St. Tammany Parish)! We'll be heading down soon!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
wendy1974
DIS Veteran

I'm in Baton Rouge. I saw quite a few LSU shirts this past week so I think there were a few of us there. I'm going to update on my park days & the Halloween party after I get some rest!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: