Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #16
bonoah
Sooooo Excited!
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 76

[QUOTE=tjbaggott;33804453]For Bonoah. If you wanted the ipod in there, just let me know!

QUOTE]

Would love the ipod in there Judy - Thanks!

So how do you get that Disney font in there? I tried playing around with this stuff on photobucket but couldn't get the font to look anywhere near as cool as yours ? ! ? !

Enquiring minds NEED to know
__________________


March 25, 2012 - Wonder to Mexican Riviera
April 2011 - Disneyland
March 24, 2011 - Disney Dream!
March 2011 - POR/AKL
November 2009 - Disney Wonder
May 2008 - WDW - Swan
May 2007 - WDW Dolphin
March 2006 - WDW Swan
September 2005 - WDW Dolphin
December 2000 - Beach Club
bonoah is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #17
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,480

******! Wow! Just Wow!!

I hate asking you guys to create these things, but yet here I am again! EEK! We're taking our first ever cruise and want to create magnets for our travelers to make it that much more exciting! I LOVE your license plates..I'll make my requests, but I do know a little about Photoshop, I'm just not sure I can duplicate your font/shadowing for the big words on it...if you know which font/embellishments you used, I could try it...

Tink License Plate with "Ailey"

Bruce Bite Plate with "Martin"

LittleMermaid2 plate with "Eliza"

Is there anyway to put on the bottom of the plate our state's name "Alabama" ??

I'm going to go and play with it and see what I can come up with....

Thanks! You're a master!

Tara
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #18
mommyof3boyz
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Is there anyway I could get this graphic made as well?Not sure which graphic I will use they are sooo cute! Names are Hope and Marc. Cruise is June 8 - 18, 2011 Mediteranean Cruise on the Magic. I would love an Itouch/Ipod. Margaritas for drinks! I would be so grateful if you could make this for me!


I'm with Tara. I have been sitting here trying to make one of these myself & can't do it to save my life. And I do photography! I hate to ask but i would love.... to get one of these if extra time is avalible. This is such a great idea & keepsake. I would have never thought about this. This will be are first cruise for my entire family and we are all very excited. O Names are Monica & Wayne. cruise dates Feb 7 - 11. I love the Margarita & Corona!! Thanks for sharing all your work very very creative - great job!
mommyof3boyz is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #19
jordak
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NEBRASKA
Posts: 4,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
******! Wow! Just Wow!!

I hate asking you guys to create these things, but yet here I am again! EEK! We're taking our first ever cruise and want to create magnets for our travelers to make it that much more exciting! I LOVE your license plates..I'll make my requests, but I do know a little about Photoshop, I'm just not sure I can duplicate your font/shadowing for the big words on it...if you know which font/embellishments you used, I could try it...

Tink License Plate with "Ailey"

Bruce Bite Plate with "Martin"

LittleMermaid2 plate with "Eliza"

Is there anyway to put on the bottom of the plate our state's name "Alabama" ??

I'm going to go and play with it and see what I can come up with....

Thanks! You're a master!

Tara
wow, you certainly know how to pump up my ego. What month are you going on the cruise? Far as the font goes, it is pretty easy. I use "license plate" font. Type your name out, make a selection of the word and expand it by 4 or 5 pixels. Make a new layer under the text layer and fill that selection. Now bevel that to your liking, then lower the fill. Hope that helps.
jordak is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #20
jordak
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NEBRASKA
Posts: 4,819

For lmhall2000

If the date is wrong, let me know and i can change it. I was bored so i thought i would do them now and make changes later if needed.
[IMG]http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/******67/disney%20magnets/Fixed%20plates/Martin.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/******67/disney%20magnets/Fixed%20plates/Eliza.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/******67/disney%20magnets/Fixed%20plates/Ailey.jpg[/IMG]
jordak is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #21
mommyof3boyz
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
wow, you certainly know how to pump up my ego. What month are you going on the cruise? Far as the font goes, it is pretty easy. I use "license plate" font. Type your name out, make a selection of the word and expand it by 4 or 5 pixels. Make a new layer under the text layer and fill that selection. Now bevel that to your liking, then lower the fill. Hope that helps.

You make it sound so.. easy!! I'm going to try!
mommyof3boyz is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #22
tjbaggott
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa Ontario Canada
Posts: 3,533

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3boyz View Post
I'm with Tara. I have been sitting here trying to make one of these myself & can't do it to save my life. And I do photography! I hate to ask but i would love.... to get one of these if extra time is avalible. This is such a great idea & keepsake. I would have never thought about this. This will be are first cruise for my entire family and we are all very excited. O Names are Monica & Wayne. cruise dates Feb 7 - 11. I love the Margarita & Corona!! Thanks for sharing all your work very very creative - great job!
More than happy to do one up for you! I've put you on my list, and will have it posted here for you tomorrow.
__________________
tjbaggott is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #23
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,480

Hey!

We're going in May....I'm trying to figure this out...will try and post my results, I don't think I'm using the right bevel...blah...I hate trying to figure things out on PS...your instructions were Greek to me, but now that I've played with it for 2 hours, I FULLY understand what you were saying!! I'm too old for new languages!! Thanks!!
Tara
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #24
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,480

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
For lmhall2000

If the date is wrong, let me know and i can change it.
Okay, you put me to shame!! I spent 1 hour making three..they're getting better as I go but still not the color coordination that you have going on!! You've done too much! I can erase out the date and put it in, which font are you using for the date?? I can't seem to get the right one! I think I've tried 20!! I'll see if I can post one I did here in a second!

Thanks!!
Tara
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #25
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,480

Here's my 6th attempt (1.5 hours later) I just don't get the sparkly effect on my lettering like you have...



Hopefully it'll work
Tara
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #26
jordak
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NEBRASKA
Posts: 4,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Here's my 6th attempt (1.5 hours later) I just don't get the sparkly effect on my lettering like you have...



Hopefully it'll work
Tara
Hey, that's really good! Your going to make me obsolete. For the sparkle i just add noise. 4 percent with gaussian and monochromatic checked. Then fade it down if it is to much. On the dates i use Arial font.
jordak is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #27
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,480

Last question ******, I promise!! And no, I could not do this for anyone else, my learning curve is so ridiculous!!

On your letters, you're putting an additional contrast color that lies right next to the original..I'm not able to pull that off...I figured out the noise trick...thanks!!!! Do you have more than one layer underneath the name?

Thanks!! you ROCK!!!!

Tara
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 08:43 PM   #28
jordak
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NEBRASKA
Posts: 4,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Last question ******, I promise!! And no, I could not do this for anyone else, my learning curve is so ridiculous!!

On your letters, you're putting an additional contrast color that lies right next to the original..I'm not able to pull that off...I figured out the noise trick...thanks!!!! Do you have more than one layer underneath the name?

Thanks!! you ROCK!!!!

Tara
Yeah, what i have is my main text file, then under that the bevel and on top of main text is where i put my colors. What i usually do is make a layer above the text file, select the main text and fill the text with the color i want as border on the new layer. Then i contract the selection by 3 pixels, then fill with a new color or a gradient. You could also just select your text then add a stroke to the selection, but i like to do it the other way so i have the layers to work with if i want to make changes. I hope i don't have you confused. Feel free to ask questions if i didn't explain it very well.
jordak is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 09:49 PM   #29
Flora Fan
Can't wait for my next trip!
 
Flora Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 489



Sabrecmc...You requested something with Mulan. It is my first attempt at anything like this and I'm afraid not very good. But I post it with the hopes that someone else may be able to improve upon it.
__________________
Flora Fan is offline  
Old 10-04-2009, 12:50 AM   #30
minniemouse71
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 262

I am amazed at the ideas that you guys come up with. Every time I open this thread I find more and more that are amazing. I am trying to make a couple of shirts for a Disney trip that we are taking before our cruise and was wondering if someone could help me. I would like the black Mickey heads with the characters the front of the shirts. I would like the names on one ear and the year 2009 on the other.

Theresa with Goofy (just the regular Goofy)
Mickey with Mickey Mouse
Dan with Mater from cars (the one that says she loves me for my body)
Vickie with Tinker Bell.

I also need the names that are filled with the characters. (I hope this makes sense)

Theresa with Goofy
Mickey with Mickey Mouse
Dan with Mater
Vickie with Tinker Bell


Thank you so much for helping make our trip magical.
Vickie
__________________
minniemouse71 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DCL Picture of the Day - Part 3 lbgraves Disney Cruise Line Forum 3752 02-06-2011 06:35 PM
7/30/2011 Mickeys FIRST 7 Night Med cruise Andrew DEREK UK Disney Cruise Meets 147 01-11-2011 12:22 PM
09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009 - Part 4! WDWLVR Disney Cruise Meets 3236 10-25-2010 12:14 AM
Jon and Kate Plus 8 Official Thread - Part 6 newtodis Community Board 3748 10-08-2009 08:09 AM
7/18/2010 Mickey's Baltic Ballyhoo!! Part 4 jilljill Disney Cruise Meets 3746 10-07-2009 08:36 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: