Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #76
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlemom View Post
Tksbaskets--just got our DVD and photopass info from Disney last night. Had a great time watching the slide show and re-living all of the fun.

Speaking of re-living the fun--you really should add your trip report to the "Sticky" thread at the top! It is a terrific report--and I'm sure others would love to read it! I would hate for it to get burried in all the other threads!

(I'd add it, but not sure how to do that!)

Cheers!

Turtlemom
WAHOO! Refresh my memory- did you go before us? I'm thinking you did. Just trying to time when mine may arrive.

I think I added my trip report to the sticky. I'll go check. Thanks for the kind words that someone else might want to read our adventure. Waiting for the mailman....
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #77
Turtlemom
Mouseketeer

We were on the 8/11-8/17 trip!
(I think that was right before you?--anyways, it should be on its way!)
Enjoy!!!!

Turtlemom
Turtlemom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #78
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlemom View Post
We were on the 8/11-8/17 trip!
(I think that was right before you?--anyways, it should be on its way!)
Enjoy!!!!

Turtlemom
You were after us. I wonder where our goodies are....sniff...should I be concerned?
Old 09-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #79
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

I read your TR last night and finished around 1 am- wanted to come back and say how wonderful your writing and descriptions were, I felt like I was there- hopefully, someday I will be! Thank-you for sharing!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #80
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I read your TR last night and finished around 1 am- wanted to come back and say how wonderful your writing and descriptions were, I felt like I was there- hopefully, someday I will be! Thank-you for sharing!!
That is so nice of you to say so I love reading trip reports and there aren't many on the ABD boards. I'm glad I kept you entertained and informed which was my goal.

I hope you are able to take an ABD trip in the future too. It was expensive but we felt we received value for every dollar.

Thanks for reading,
TK
Old 10-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #81
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Here is the track:

DS1 near the bottom:

We all proclaimed the ride 'OK' and had no burning urge to go again. Perhaps if our kids were small it would have been a bit more thrilling. One too many spins on the Rockin' Roller Coaster to compare it to. The ride up was very enjoyable.

Putt-putt golf. This also was 'OK'. The course was largely cement with in-door out-door green carpet. That didn't bother me as much as the grass and weeds growing up on the holes. Obviously no one maintains the 'greens'. So unremarkable I didn't even take a picture

Your family is just like mine. We compare everthing to Disney. I was in Vegas comparing the themeing of the Hotels and family entertainment to Disney.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #82
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Disney Fanatic View Post

Your family is just like mine. We compare everthing to Disney. I was in Vegas comparing the themeing of the Hotels and family entertainment to Disney.
We can't help it, we are spoiled by Disney! In a good way of course. Thanks for reading my trip report.

TK
Old 10-08-2009, 11:21 PM   #83
ColleenS
Mouseketeer

Your trip looks like so much fun. Love all the photos.

I think i would have had a nervous breakdown if my good camera were to break on a vacation.

May 1995 1st Disney/Universal Studios Trip
May 2006 Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2007 Caribbean Beach Resort -Disney/Universal Studios
. Food Report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508047
April 2008 Four Points Sheraton I-Drive US/IOA trip
June 2008 Pop Century
September 2008 Disneyland Paris!
December 2008 Buena Vista Palace- Christmas/Birthday at Disney!
September 2009 Solo trip to Pop Century
July 2010 Caribbean Beach Resort
2011 heading to Harry Potter
ColleenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:58 AM   #84
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenS View Post
Your trip looks like so much fun. Love all the photos.

I think i would have had a nervous breakdown if my good camera were to break on a vacation.
Hi Colleen. I did have a mini-meltdown when I had my Canon failure. Believe me I will NEVER travel without my back-up camera. I only took it this time because of the raft trip. Thank the Lord I had it. Could you imaging disposable cameras for Yellowstone I got hundreds of photos on my Photopass CD too :-)

Here is one of my favorites taken by Daniel:
Old 10-09-2009, 10:38 AM   #85
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Hi Colleen. I did have a mini-meltdown when I had my Canon failure. Believe me I will NEVER travel without my back-up camera. I only took it this time because of the raft trip. Thank the Lord I had it. Could you imaging disposable cameras for Yellowstone I got hundreds of photos on my Photopass CD too :-)

Here is one of my favorites taken by Daniel:
I learned from your experience, tk! Never travel without a backup camera!!!! Can you imagine if I'd seen Denali, and had to use a disposable camera????

I adore that pic Daniel took of you! Too cute. You look like a kid, and hubby looks like Bill Clinton! (In a good way!)

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #86
Diskidatheart
Mouseketeer

We're getting a new camera for our Italy trip since our old one is 7 years old. It still takes great pictures, but with all the advancements made, we will definitely want a new one for this trip. Thanks to everyone for the advice about taking a backup camera. I probably would have thrown the old one away once we got the new one, but the old one will be heading to Europe also.

Diskidatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #87
WeLoveABD
DIS Veteran

When we did the Italy ABD in 2007, we had a pre-day in Rome; the camera stopped working that day--maybe due to the humidity. No backup for the camera itself--and I thought I was being pretty good about having extra batteries, an extra camera card etc! I had to buy a camera at an electronics store at the Rome trian station! (So now my nifty Italian Camera (LOL)--actually a Sony-- needs to be recharged at home with an adapter plug...). So, we now travel with two cameras--the kids have one to mess around with, and it may become the backup if mine once again stops working.
WeLoveABD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:14 PM   #88
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I learned from your experience, tk! Never travel without a backup camera!!!! Can you imagine if I'd seen Denali, and had to use a disposable camera????

I adore that pic Daniel took of you! Too cute. You look like a kid, and hubby looks like Bill Clinton! (In a good way!)

Sayhello
I like the way the tree trunk hides a chin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskidatheart View Post
We're getting a new camera for our Italy trip since our old one is 7 years old. It still takes great pictures, but with all the advancements made, we will definitely want a new one for this trip. Thanks to everyone for the advice about taking a backup camera. I probably would have thrown the old one away once we got the new one, but the old one will be heading to Europe also.
Now you will think of SayHello and me when you pack your second camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveABD View Post
When we did the Italy ABD in 2007, we had a pre-day in Rome; the camera stopped working that day--maybe due to the humidity. No backup for the camera itself--and I thought I was being pretty good about having extra batteries, an extra camera card etc! I had to buy a camera at an electronics store at the Rome train station! (So now my nifty Italian Camera (LOL)--actually a Sony-- needs to be recharged at home with an adapter plug...). So, we now travel with two cameras--the kids have one to mess around with, and it may become the backup if mine once again stops working.
WOW. I'm with you. I had two back-up batteries and two extra memory cards. Learned the hard way that they are all meaningless if the camera itself is dead as a doornail. What a nice remembrance you have from your time in Rome! I'm sure at the time it was money well spent.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #89
turbo322
Earning My Ears

thank you

thank you so much for your report and photos!
we're considering this trip with our 11 yr old son.
thanks again.
turbo322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:57 PM   #90
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo322 View Post
thank you so much for your report and photos!
we're considering this trip with our 11 yr old son.
thanks again.
You are most welcome. I think you son is at a great age for this trip! Hope you are able to go

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: