Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
dzalice
Mouseketeer

October 2010: Wizards, Pirates and Pixie Dust: *10/7/10: ready to go

Iím kind of new at this, not that I havenít been lurking on these boards for the last couple of years. It looks like everyone is having a lot of fun with their pre-trip, and trip reports so I thought I would give it a try.

Itís no surprise where we are going, itís just that this time we will also be taking a little side trip to Universal to seeÖ. ta dah! Harry Potterland..
Yes, I know the official title is the Wizarding Worlds of Harry Potter but we have a tendency to nickname everything, a trait inherited from my father. The when is October 2010, the cast: me (Diane), and my intrepid sister, Zig (yes, she does have a real first name, but she is always Zig to me). See what I mean about the nicknames. A bit of background: Weíre fairly close in age, only 13 months apart, most people can tell immediately that we are sisters, and in fact, for most of our childhood, people just assumed we were twins. We have been traveling together since we first started road trips with the parents. We will be writing this PTR together so when you see blue it will be me writing and when you see purple it will be Zig.

Anyway, first trip was 1992, we were actually in Orlando for Worldcon (MagiCon) but of course we had to go to WDW while we were there. I donít remember much, but I know I had a good time. Then there was a trip to California for Worldcon (LACon) in 2006, and we went to Disneyland/California Adventure. This I remember, had a really good time and I think the Disney bug bit us then, because next thing you know we were heading to WDW in Sep 2008, stayed at WL, used the dining plan, and attended MNSSHP. OMG, the fun! the food! the FUN!. Of course we were planning to go back again the next year, another fall trip, probably Sep or October 2009. But thenÖÖ Zig gets an email about a special offer, stay 4 nights, get 3 free. How could we pass it up? Only problem is, itís only for the spring. So we sat down, crunched some numbers and decided, letís do it! So there we were back at WDW within 6 months (March 2009). So after not going at all until we were adults, then letting 15 years go by before we go back, we are on a schedule to go almost every year now. Next trip October 2010, how can I possibly wait?!

Besides the two Disneyland trips with Di, I was also there in 2007, two friends and I for the Rose Parade. We stayed in Anaheim and spent a couple 2 evenings and 1 full day enjoying the parks. The parks were crowded and lines were long. The biggest disappointment was staying till midnight on New Years Eve only to have the fireworks cancelled due to the wind. I donít think I will be doing that again.

We grew up with Disney, the Mickey Mouse Club, the Wonderful World of Color, all those fantastic animated and live action films. But we never had the chance to experience a Disney park as a child. Disneyland was too far and WDW did not exist until I reached high school. Sometimes I regret missing out on innocence of a childís first magical visit. Like Peter, however, I have never grown up. I just see the magic a little differently.

The two of us talk almost incessantly about Disney, things we have done, what we want to do, when to go, where to stay, where to eat and on and on. I hope you will join in our conversations. And along the way, to get to know us better, we will share some of our Disney favorites

Favorite Park:
Zig Magic Kingdom

Diane Epcot

Last edited by dzalice; 10-07-2010 at 08:49 AM. Reason: new post added
dzalice is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: