Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2009, 06:13 PM   #196
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

And last but not least… the trains!

Next up? Italy!

It was starting to near the time for Illuminations so we breezed past the American pavilion through to Japan.

(Step away from the pond Lou!)

Unfortunately we were running out of daylight so we didn’t get to explore Japan at all. No pick a pearl for me this time. And I know we walked through Morocco but I don’t have a single picture! Those windy back alleys were so nice to walk through and I wish I’d had more time to explore their shops. But alas, it was time to stake our spots for Illuminations.

We found a pretty decent spot and decided to just sit and enjoy the growing dusk and lights turning on all over World Showcase. Anytime a duckie swam close to where we were sitting, Demetri would start “talking” to it with a hearty “quack! quack! quack!” that made the families around us smile. The flames surrounding the water were on, the weather was beautiful, George snuck off for some munchies and I think the boys even sprawled out on the ground for a bit. The voice on the loudspeakers came on every five minutes or so to build our anticipation and soon, one of my very favorite Disney moments arrived.…. the flames were blown out with a whispered “hoooo” and the fireworks began!

I once again put my camera on the fireworks setting with the continuous six shots and got a few that I liked.

I’m really disappointed however, to say that is pretty much all I got. I’m pretty sure next time I will be taking video of fireworks with my camera. Or maybe the wrappie tripods that you can bend around anything. That would have been perfect where we were watching, we had the fence in front of us where it juts out into the water.

Well, it was going on 9:30pm when Illuminations wrapped up so we decided to let the kids choose one ride each to go on before calling it a night. Demetri and Alex chose…..

And is there any doubt what Ariana chose?

Of course!

It was pretty late so we started heading back towards the front and yet still took our time. Ariana loved walking all over the beautiful lights…

and with that, we caught our bus and headed “home”.

Next Update: Havoc on a Seaside Village
Old 09-26-2009, 08:47 PM   #197
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post

Preparing an onion train which he choo-choo’d towards Demetri to his delight.

Just noticed I had the same cook, Kenji, when we ate at Teppan Edo in July.

Not the best picture I had of him (I took mostly video of his cooking techniques). He was the best part of our meal (aside from the yummy food) that night. The service was fair to say the least. Our server (can't remember her name) seemed really stressed out but wanted to make sure she said and did everything perfectly. The time we were there seemed far too long but I guess anything seems longer than it actually is when you're in a rush to move on to the next thing in Disney!

I LOVE the picture you took with the bunny and Demetri in the foreground. Can't explain why... just really like how the picture turned out. And your fireworks pics are pretty good too. I still need to figure out how to work my camera so I can take pics of fireworks. Just need to read through a few 50+ more pages in the instruction manual. And they call these cameras simply "Point and Shoot" Love everything so far. Keep the updates coming
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #198
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

The pictures of Illuminations are great!

How did I know that Ariana was going to choose Soarin'? There's nothing better than ending a long day at the park on your favorite rides.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-27-2009, 01:09 AM   #199
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

I just read through your last few updates and they're great. I'm loving your August trip report, cause we're going in August next year.!! I know it will be HOT but I can't wait.

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 09-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #200
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Glad the rain stopped for you!! It looks like your Rain, Rain Go Away worked for you. I wish it had for us.

We always enjoy The Three Caballeros ride in Mexico--so much fun!! You got some great pictures!!

Love the pictures of Illuminations!!

Old 09-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #201
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Another wonderful update! Even though you didn't get to everything you wanted in WS, it sounds like a pretty nice afternoon/evening.

I love those light up sidewalks too. They are just so cool and magical!
Old 09-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #202
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Ariana has good taste...I love love LOVE Soarin too!

And those lights out by Innoventions are so cool. Love them!

I had no idea about Snow White's wishing well either. The things you learn from other TRs...
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #203
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post

(Step away from the pond Lou!)

Love the updates!!!!

You know, we actually stayed to watch the Norway movie? It was only about 5 minutes, and it really wasn't bad at all! I liked it more then I thought I would!

Good of George to pull all the strollers in, that was nice of him.
I bet a lot of people appreciated that... it's weird that the CMs don't automatically do that... have a covered canopy or something for them... or Disney could even have it up all the time, since it rains so much there.

Just wait until I post my pictures of the Wishing Well...
Old 09-27-2009, 02:19 PM   #204
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

I got behind on your updates

Sounds like you had a wonderful day in Epcot!! I'm glad the rain stopped!

Your lunch at Teppan Edo sounds lovely!! I'm going back and forth about booking and ADR there for our January trip! My main concern is there beign something for the kiddos! They tend to be picky!

I love the picture of Ariana standing in the lights! Very cool!! I love those lights!!

Can't wait to read more!
Old 09-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #205
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Just noticed I had the same cook, Kenji, when we ate at Teppan Edo in July.

Not the best picture I had of him (I took mostly video of his cooking techniques). He was the best part of our meal (aside from the yummy food) that night. The service was fair to say the least. Our server (can't remember her name) seemed really stressed out but wanted to make sure she said and did everything perfectly. The time we were there seemed far too long but I guess anything seems longer than it actually is when you're in a rush to move on to the next thing in Disney!

Kenji was a hoot. He was a bit quieter than some of the other cooks there but I appreciated his subtle humor more. It was definately a long lunch that didn't quite work out as planned for George and Ariana, but it was great for us!

I LOVE the picture you took with the bunny and Demetri in the foreground. Can't explain why... just really like how the picture turned out. And your fireworks pics are pretty good too. I still need to figure out how to work my camera so I can take pics of fireworks. Just need to read through a few 50+ more pages in the instruction manual. And they call these cameras simply "Point and Shoot" Love everything so far. Keep the updates coming
Thanks! I found out more about my camera when I googled it. It was easier to find how to do specific things like the fireworks and continuous, etc. And of course just pushing buttons and practising with traffic going past my house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The pictures of Illuminations are great!

I do like the shots I got of Illuminations but I just got mixed up with my settings and the rest came out blurry. Next time!!

How did I know that Ariana was going to choose Soarin'? There's nothing better than ending a long day at the park on your favorite rides.

That worked out really well for us this trip... keep it relatively early so we're not constantly tired, but end the days on our favs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
I just read through your last few updates and they're great. I'm loving your August trip report, cause we're going in August next year.!! I know it will be HOT but I can't wait.
Thanks! Hot yes, but very manageable.... don't forget the misting fans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Glad the rain stopped for you!! It looks like your Rain, Rain Go Away worked for you. I wish it had for us.

We always enjoy The Three Caballeros ride in Mexico--so much fun!! You got some great pictures!!

Love the pictures of Illuminations!!
On this day the rain went away.... Its a cute little ride eh? I tried to take pictures of the fireworks on the ceiling but I just couldn't get it. Oh well (everyone say it with me.....) next time!
Old 09-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #206
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Another wonderful update! Even though you didn't get to everything you wanted in WS, it sounds like a pretty nice afternoon/evening.

I love those light up sidewalks too. They are just so cool and magical!
It was fun for sure. I hadn't really explored the pavillions like that before and a lot of what we did was new. Next time each of us will choose one pavillion to really thoroughly explore. Not sure if I'll pick China or Japan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Ariana has good taste...I love love LOVE Soarin too!

And those lights out by Innoventions are so cool. Love them!

The fountain came on too as we were walking thru.... beautiful!

I had no idea about Snow White's wishing well either. The things you learn from other TRs...
We thought it was always there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post

Love the updates!!!!

You know, we actually stayed to watch the Norway movie? It was only about 5 minutes, and it really wasn't bad at all! I liked it more then I thought I would!

Oh, it was OK when we saw it on our first trip, but the number of times we ride Malestrom... we walk thru. What is that giant thing in their shop by the way?

Good of George to pull all the strollers in, that was nice of him.
I bet a lot of people appreciated that... it's weird that the CMs don't automatically do that... have a covered canopy or something for them... or Disney could even have it up all the time, since it rains so much there.

I've wondered that too... why not have a covered area for strollers? They wouldn't be able to do it everywhere but some areas would be nice.

Just wait until I post my pictures of the Wishing Well...
I can't even imagine......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
I got behind on your updates

Sounds like you had a wonderful day in Epcot!! I'm glad the rain stopped!

Your lunch at Teppan Edo sounds lovely!! I'm going back and forth about booking and ADR there for our January trip! My main concern is there beign something for the kiddos! They tend to be picky!

I wondered if Demetri would enjoy it or not but he's pretty adventurous with food and will try almost anything. Maybe bring back up 'for sures' for the kiddies to eat?

I love the picture of Ariana standing in the lights! Very cool!! I love those lights!!

Can't wait to read more!
I love them too!
Old 09-27-2009, 08:53 PM   #207
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Favorite and Not-So-Favorite for Epcot

Whoops! Forgot the Favorite and Not-so-Favorites for our Epcot day.

ALEX:
The rain! Spaceship Earth
Loooooong line at Test Track.

ARIANA:
Fireworks and Soarin
Nothing!

DEMETRI:
Test Track and fireworks
I couldn’t go on Mission Space
Old 09-28-2009, 08:51 AM   #208
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Beauty!

Thirteen years ago today, my little girl was born. In the delivery room, George said to me... "She's here honey! Your little princess is here!" How prophetic!

I now have two teenagers in the house......

Happy birthday Ariana! You've fought so hard to get where you are today... we love you!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:57 AM   #209
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Happy birthday Ariana!!!

Your sentiment was beautiful!! It brought tears to my eyes!! Today is a day for you to celebrate too!! Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #210
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Ariana!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: