Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
Karen Mac
Mouseketeer

Just back from our 1st DLRP trip (Hotel New York)

Just back from a wonderful time in DLRP and for anyone staying in the HNY soon-lucky you!

We were upgraded to the Honeymoon Suite which was a lovely room with a huuuuge bed, smaller bed for DD (2), small kitchen area, sitting room area and two large bathrooms and we also had a lovely view of the PanoraMagique Balloon. It's a lovely hotel and I can't praise the staff highly enough-extremely helpful yet unobtrusive- I thoroughly enjoyed staying here.

Will try to do restaurant reviews when I have more time but in a nutshell-

Cafe Mickey- Food reminded me of a (nice) Wetherspoons, perfectly pleasant but nothing special. Character Interaction was FAB! My Husband and I both agreed it was worth the money before any food was served!

Inventions- Know this is a popular place on here but to be honest I didn't really rate it-food was so so (seafood quite watery and main courses cold and when OH took a Cornetto from the fridge it literally collapsed when he opened it-the fridge obviously wasn't working) Character Interaction was nothing in comparison to Cafe Mickey in my opinion.
Spotting mumtobelle was nice tho! ( Hope your OH had a lovely birthday the following day)

Auberge- Loved it! Food was delicious (ok a bit fancy for some possibly) but I adored it. Character interaction was great, lots of time with the princesses, photos and dancing (thanks for the dancefloor table tip).

BBWWS-Think I would have preferred to see this pre Characters-enjoyed the show but think it must have lost a little of it's authenticity along the way. Food was very poor-quite mushy and tasteless.

We had a fantastic time overall and I will try to do a more detailed report at some point.

Two things I didn't know before I went which may help others (apologies if any are old news!)

1. Nipped into the DLH to see the Princesses do a wee dance on Friday at 4-well no Princesses arrived but Minnie, Pluto, Tigger, Eeyore, Chip, Dale, and Perla and Suzy did! It was fantastic , they did a wee dance show on the stairs, then led all the kids in a conga before doing pics and autographs. There were hardly any children there and at one point Eeyore and the mice were standing by themselves!!!

2. In the HNY shop if you purchased anything ( I was buying 80c milk) along with your receipt you were given a voucher for a free soft drink when spending over 6 euros in the hotel bar. Vaild for 48 hours after issue.

Really had a wonderful time, with lots of fantastic photos and memories thank you so much for all the advice, hints and tips.

Anna getting ready for BBWWS

Meeting Minnie

With Cinderella

These are the pictures taken from my (not so great apparently!) wee camera. Will get more uploaded when OH puts the ones from his on the computer!

Last edited by Karen Mac; 09-26-2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: put on some pics (hopefully)
Karen Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Mac View Post
We were upgraded to the Honeymoon Suite which was a lovely room with a huuuuge bed, smaller bed for DD (2), small kitchen area, sitting room area and two large bathrooms and we also had a lovely view of the PanoraMagique Balloon.

Spotting mumtobelle was nice tho! ( Hope your OH had a lovely birthday the following day)
Hey - great news about the upgrade!! Lucky things!!

Was great to see you too! So funny we were all there at the same time! DH had a lovely birthday thanks - much better meal at The Steakhouse! Also his best friend & family arrived too so we got to share the magic with them!

Glad to hear you had a great trip!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
manxtatt2
stumbles into room , looks around
they havent stopped talking about it since

welcome back

glad you had a good time

look forward to reading your trip report

Old 09-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
CRITCHK
Mouseketeer

Karen your trip sounded great. an upgrade how fantastic.

Now I really can't wait until Nov.

The character interaction sounded so good!

Is it just Fridays at DLH or do the characters dance everyday?

Also Karen what's the "table tip" at the princess meal please.
CRITCHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

Welcome back glad to hear you had a great time!
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
Karen Mac
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRITCHK View Post
Karen your trip sounded great. an upgrade how fantastic.

Now I really can't wait until Nov.

The character interaction sounded so good!

Is it just Fridays at DLH or do the characters dance everyday?

Also Karen what's the "table tip" at the princess meal please.
Hi, it really was fantastic, out trip was just a total character fest as DD isn't really into rides and that was her "thing" we saw so many-will get pics on soon.

Think the DLH thing at 4 is Thurs-Sun and don't know if its characters every day now or if we were just lucky!

The "table tip" I saw on here was to get a table on the dancefloor (in front of the fireplace) We were originally shown to a table outside (in the alcove) and I immediately asked if we could have one there instead. It was great-the princesses and mice all danced with DD and the prince and princesses also do a wee dance there which im not sure you'd see fully from outside that area.

Last edited by Karen Mac; 09-26-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
CRITCHK
Mouseketeer

Thanks Karen. Can't wait for the TR
CRITCHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:36 PM   #8
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

I can't wait to read your trip report either Karen - honeymoon suite at the HNY indeed - get you !!!

Brilliant photos too - that one with Cinderella is very natural I think.

I'm glad you all had such a fabulous time, so ...... when are you going again ????
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #9
Booknut
I couldn't figure out why people would choose to put that down

We are staying at HNY on wednesday for 3 nights with our 22 month old daughter thanks so much for those tips! Am glad you told us about the milk as we will need lots :-)
How wonderful to get that upgrade was it just a surprise on the day? Cant wait to read your trip report!

2005 WDW Offsite, 2006 WDW AKL/POFQ, 2008 DLP Santa Fe, 2009 DLP Hotel New York, 2012 DLP Hotel L'Elysee

Booknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

Awwww cute pics!
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:44 PM   #11
FiFi Rose
The last time we didn't even get slippers
I'm so computer literate
I seem to catch everything!

Welcome back Pleased to here good things about HNY as I'm staying there for the first time with my very own Anna in just over a weeks time (Great choice of name by the way)

Do I have to smile VERY sweetly to get the Honeymoon Suite. Only problem with getting an upgrade like that is it sets the bar high for your next trip. We got an upgrade to family room the first time we stayed at DLH with flowers, sweets and gifts for both girls in room. The next time we stayed there the room seemed very ordinary.
FiFi Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #12
Karen Mac
Mouseketeer

Thanks Emma

Booknut, it was a total surprise on the day!
No problem at all-our DD is a little older at 33 Months but if you have any questions about the HNY with a toddler feel free to pm me

I know Elaine , it was a lovely room and I really loved the hotel.
Thanks, I like that photo too, OH is always going on about my wee rubbishy camera lol but it takes photos-im not high tec at all!
Will have to go and get organised (cases still in the sitting room at the minute!) but will be back soon with more photos and a proper TR.
Hope you're well..xx
Old 09-26-2009, 04:52 PM   #13
Karen Mac
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiFi Rose View Post
Welcome back Pleased to here good things about HNY as I'm staying there for the first time with my very own Anna in just over a weeks time (Great choice of name by the way)

Do I have to smile VERY sweetly to get the Honeymoon Suite. Only problem with getting an upgrade like that is it sets the bar high for your next trip. We got an upgrade to family room the first time we stayed at DLH with flowers, sweets and gifts for both girls in room. The next time we stayed there the room seemed very ordinary.
Why thank you and you are right it is a lovely name

Im not really a smile sweetly kind of person lol, they must just have felt sorry for me I guess

Yeah I agree, I was having a wee nosey at the other rooms in the HNY and they seemed pretty small compared to ours but thats the type we would have had and been none the wiser if that makes sense!

Hope you and Anna have a fab time-im sure you will!
Old 09-26-2009, 04:53 PM   #14
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Glad you had a wonderful time

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #15
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Wow - well done on the upgrade
Good to hear such nice things about the hotel, I'm really looking forward to our stay there, glad you enjoyed your trip.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: