Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 09:19 AM   #76
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Lessa I have been fighting the same thing for a week !! So I feel your pain

Yesterday was the Crazy Cup at work !! 5 Teams competed in "Crazy Games " I was in charge of Marshmallow golf They had lots of others that in some way involved food ! Instead of actual creme oies they had shaving creme and we all ended up covered in it !! They had cake decorating . They had to sing for their lunch ! It was a lot of fun !! Of course I had call sin the middle and had to deal with Drama but it was a GOOD Day!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 09-26-2009, 10:19 AM   #77
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
hard to be a mom, even with all the spanking benefits and all....

Quote:
I'll check out the cruise board tomorrow---I've been trying to copy any tips since we are kinda clueless!

Any one ever try the Special K challenge?? Lose a jeans size in 2 weeks? I was playing on their web site (www.specialk.com/challenge)
and they have a chocoholics plan! Seriously...may try it....couldn't hurt at this point....just can't get my head in the WW game right now.
I think it's all about exercise. I tried to do the biggest loser 6 hours yesterday, but ran out of stuff to do. What do they do?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2009, 10:21 AM   #78
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

I forgot to tell y'all that I am coaching DD's soccer team.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #79
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Yay

Feel better and

I have tried weight watchers and then lose interest in counting points etc after a couple of weeks I haven't tried the SPecial K thing, but I think I might check it out.

--------------

Good morning all Off to the Cub SCout Store to get Jimmy his uniform and all the carp to go with it. Then we are headed to the mall and Target and then maybe out for lunch. Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Just read on facebook that DAwn and Mel are on their way home. Welcome back ladies. "See" you soon!
Wow--they're coming back?? Well, it's about time!

I think I'm gonna go buy some special K stuff today---they have waffle and I like those!
Take a pic in his uniform...I loved my Ab in her little brownie uniform!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Time for a pity party, I woke up this morning feeling even worse, the cold has now moved down into my chest so I have a lovely hacking cough to accompany the sneezes and stuffy nose. This is the worst possible weekend to get sick due to how busy work is plus I have my Bio and Chem tests to study for and an essay to write.
I know the feeling----the Zithromax is helping BA so go to the doctor if you get worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorul82? View Post

I think it's all about exercise. I tried to do the biggest loser 6 hours yesterday, but ran out of stuff to do. What do they do?
I dunno---that's their J-O-B....but it obviously works.

I gotta get out and walk some today....soon....probably!

Quote:
Let us know how it goes!

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 09-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #80
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ugh, so sorry Lessa. Lots of Tea and Cold meds. How was work last night or is the big party tonight?
Well last night was fairly busy, tonight is the big party. We'll see how that goes.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #81
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Yesterday was the Crazy Cup at work !! 5 Teams competed in "Crazy Games " I was in charge of Marshmallow golf They had lots of others that in some way involved food ! Instead of actual creme oies they had shaving creme and we all ended up covered in it !! They had cake decorating . They had to sing for their lunch ! It was a lot of fun !! Of course I had call sin the middle and had to deal with Drama but it was a GOOD Day!!
THat sounds hysterical

Quote:
Jim is helping with Jimmy's team too. You can commiserate together. What ages?

Quote:
Well last night was fairly busy, tonight is the big party. We'll see how that goes.

===============

Back from the scout store...$130 poorer It's not bad though, becasue Jim picked up some leader stuff and activites that the Pack will reimburse us for. Then we headed to the King of Prussia Mall. We went to Friday's to have lunch then I was going to run into Sears to pick up a couple of things for Jimmy. Just as our lunch came out the power in the entire mall went out. It was amusing. I was just glad our lunch came out before! To thank us for being patient they gave us our appetizer and drinks for free

So we left there and headed to Target...Which I now OFFICALLY HATE! They had nothing I needed and they rearranged the whole freaking store so it took us twice as long as it should have

Now we are just hangin out for the rest of the day. Jim is trying to do the last lawn mow of the year before the rains come.

What's everyone else up too?

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 09-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #82
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

I'm coaching girls ages 8-10. It's going well for the most part. We won today due to forfeit. I have a good group except for two girls; one is sassy and the other constantly whines and complains.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #83
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm coaching girls ages 8-10. It's going well for the most part. We won today due to forfeit. I have a good group except for two girls; one is sassy and the other constantly whines and complains.
One of the girls on Jimmy's team told the coach that she does not run and does not like to sweat

Old 09-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #84
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

HOKIES OVER HURRICANES!!

Well, despite me not being there, the Hokies still won! Still wanted to go despite the rain...but tickets were over $250 each.....one year, I'm getting season tickets....gotta contribute at least 2K to even be at the bottom of the points list to be given an opportunity to buy them......

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 09-26-2009, 11:15 PM   #85
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

Quote:
HOKIES OVER HURRICANES!!

Well, despite me not being there, the Hokies still won! Still wanted to go despite the rain...but tickets were over $250 each.....one year, I'm getting season tickets....gotta contribute at least 2K to even be at the bottom of the points list to be given an opportunity to buy them......
Did you wear your good luck earrings?
Old 09-27-2009, 08:20 AM   #86
dlwharp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Then we headed to the King of Prussia Mall. We went to Friday's to have lunch then I was going to run into Sears to pick up a couple of things for Jimmy. Just as our lunch came out the power in the entire mall went out. It was amusing. I was just glad our lunch came out before! To thank us for being patient they gave us our appetizer and drinks for free

So we left there and headed to Target...Which I now OFFICALLY HATE! They had nothing I needed and they rearranged the whole freaking store so it took us twice as long as it should have
Wow I haven't been to KoP mall in YEARS! It's a great mall though. How exciting about the power going out (yeah, it doesn't take much for me ), as long as I had my food I'd have been fine too! I think they are rearranging all the Targets! Ours was completely reorganized - you're right it's a pain in the neck!

Quote:
I'm paying $150/week for before and after school care, which around here isn't bad. THat includes breakfast in the morning (if he wants it), snack iafter school, and if he is there late for some strange reason dinner..but he's never there for that! It also includes days school is closed (like Monday for Rosh Hashana [sp?]) and they will give him breakfast, lunch, snacks. They are also taking a trip to the library and taking them out for SUndaes at McD's!
At least they do a lot for them!!

Quote:
BA and I watched Night at the museum and she seems to be feeling much better. My nose is stuffy now tho..... hard to be a mom, even with all the spanking benefits and all....

Quote:
Time for a pity party, I woke up this morning feeling even worse, the cold has now moved down into my chest so I have a lovely hacking cough to accompany the sneezes and stuffy nose. This is the worst possible weekend to get sick due to how busy work is plus I have my Bio and Chem tests to study for and an essay to write.
So sorry I hope you feel better soon. Good luck with those tests! BTW, I'm really enjoying your TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
That's sounds like a blast !

Quote:
I think you're right - I was really good about getting back into exercise before we went to WDW in August, not so much since we came back - but I keep thinking about it

Quote:
I have a good group except for two girls; one is sassy and the other constantly whines and complains.
Good luck with that!
-------------------
I'm so tired this morning - I woke up at 3am and couldn't really get back to sleep. The wedding yesterday was really nice - a bit different as the wedding and reception were at the same facility. I loved the music the bride chose for the wedding - it was perfect for them and not at all traditional (I'm surprised I liked it because I'm pretty traditional)! She had the bridal party walk down the aisle to I'm Going to the Chapel, which was really fun, she walked to Bittersweet Symphony (just the music, not the lyrics, which really worked) and they recessional was All You Need is Love by the Beatles (which was in the wedding scene from Love Actually, which is one of my favorites movies)! We left after the cocktail party (where I'd had enough hors deourves anyway , because we were bringing our grandson home with us for the night. He was in the wedding with his mom and dad but the dinner was only for adults. I'll post a photo of the wedding quilt later today - hope she likes it!

I'll share the recipe for dinner tonight too - it's a super easy but really yummy...
STEAK PIZZIOLA
4-5 steaks – sirloin, skirt or flank – whatever’s on sale works!
3 15 oz cans of Tomatoes – I use seasoned tomatoes
1 Onion, chopped
4 T. Olive Oil
Rinse the steaks, trim away any fat, slice them into 1/2� inch strips, place in the bottom of the pan.
Chop the onion into 1/4" cubes and sprinkle on top of meat. Pour the tomatoes on top of the meat and onions and gently mix. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil on top of the mixture. Cover the pan with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
Remove the foil from the pan and stir the meat mixture. Pour the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil on top of mixture, recover, and bake for one more hour.
Serve the pizzaiola in steak rolls, over your favorite pasta, or prepared rice (I usually do it over rice and hope there’s leftovers!)
2003 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Magic 2004 - SSR/Disney Magic 2006 & 2007 - Old Key West 2008 - DVC Member Cruise/Boardwalk 2009 - AKL/SSR
January 2010 - Disney Cruise / August 2010 - AKL/Old Key West /
December 2010-Boardwalk / September 2011-AKL-DVC Member Cruise-Boardwalk/ October 2013-AKL-Disney Dream-Beach Club
Old 09-27-2009, 08:49 AM   #87
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Hey guys! Still sick but feeling a bit better. Last night went fairly well, the police had everything pretty much under control but they had cold weather and rain on their side. Here's the newspaper article on it. It has a nice picture of the Toronto Police lined up in full riot gear all the way up and down the main party street.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1303038/
Old 09-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #88
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
The wedding yesterday was really nice - a bit different as the wedding and reception were at the same facility. I loved the music the bride chose for the wedding - it was perfect for them and not at all traditional (I'm surprised I liked it because I'm pretty traditional)! She had the bridal party walk down the aisle to I'm Going to the Chapel, which was really fun, she walked to Bittersweet Symphony (just the music, not the lyrics, which really worked) and they recessional was All You Need is Love by the Beatles (which was in the wedding scene from Love Actually, which is one of my favorites movies)!
That sounds really cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
I'll share the recipe for dinner tonight too - it's a super easy but really yummy...
STEAK PIZZIOLA
4-5 steaks – sirloin, skirt or flank – whatever’s on sale works!
3 15 oz cans of Tomatoes – I use seasoned tomatoes
1 Onion, chopped
4 T. Olive Oil
Rinse the steaks, trim away any fat, slice them into 1/2� inch strips, place in the bottom of the pan.
Chop the onion into 1/4" cubes and sprinkle on top of meat. Pour the tomatoes on top of the meat and onions and gently mix. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil on top of the mixture. Cover the pan with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
Remove the foil from the pan and stir the meat mixture. Pour the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil on top of mixture, recover, and bake for one more hour.
Serve the pizzaiola in steak rolls, over your favorite pasta, or prepared rice (I usually do it over rice and hope there’s leftovers!)
SOunds really good. Too bad Jimmy won't beef!

Quote:
Hey guys! Still sick but feeling a bit better. Last night went fairly well, the police had everything pretty much under control but they had cold weather and rain on their side. Here's the newspaper article on it. It has a nice picture of the Toronto Police lined up in full riot gear all the way up and down the main party street.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1303038/
GLad wasn't going to bad as you thought. Will check out the article later!

================

Off to soccer, which is probably going to be rained out..but we pick up shirts today...so we are off in a few minutes. From there we will prbably go have something to eat at Friendly's. WE are then headed over to my aunts so Jim can help my cousin study for her Praxis test (the state certification test to become a teacher). Hopefully we won't be there all day. I did not sleep well again last night...was prowling around until about 2am

HAve a great day everyone! See you all later

Old 09-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #89
carrieannie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm here and still on page 1 And we haven't jumped!

TE - Jump the Shark from Wikipedia
Jumping the shark is a colloquialism coined by Jon Hein and used by TV critics and fans to denote the point in a television program's history where the plot veers off into absurd story lines or out-of-the-ordinary characterizations. This usually corresponds to the point where a show with falling ratings apparently becomes more desperate to draw in viewers. In the process of undergoing these changes, the TV or movie series loses its original appeal. Shows that have "jumped the shark" are typically deemed to have passed their peak.

-----------------
OH WOW Janet!! thanks!! that phrase has always bugged me because I never knew what the heck people were talking about!! now it makes sense to me!!!

I followed the bread crumbs over! thanks V!
this guy is new on the front page,,I like him hes cute!

I have alot to catch up on! but I have been reading along when I can, (or not on FB) UGGG.!

Not much new with me,,,I`m still working at the Liquor Store and still enjoy it!
I`ve been re-connecting with my ex-fiancée. We havent seen each other in 21 years! but I loved him and always will. we have been e-mailing back and forth. its nice because I was able to say things that I`ve wanted to for all this time. I`ve talked to him on the phone twice. but we ran out of time. its been hard to find times to chat in private without "someone" else being home. we text too. he lives out in Boise ID. Married with 2 kids. Steve has no idea. I`ve saved his number in my phone as "Buzz".. its not going to go anywhere at all..we are just getting caught up again. we are both happy in our marriages. but,, it also has been kinda exciting having this happen.

I`m going to take the kids to Friendlys for lunch! Sam, my 16 year old. is on his way back from 4 days on a class trip to DC. Steve and I are taking Ben and Annie tomorrow to the Big E! its a big Multi State fair! cant wait!! yes, we are leaving Sam home. is that mean? he just came back from a trip. and I dont want him to miss anymore school. also, its a chance to do something special with the 2 younger ones..

I`ll read back and catch up on everyone!!

Old 09-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #90
carrieannie
DIS Veteran

Interesting thread!!

Quote:
I responded Slate
"Snark Much?" that was great Janet!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: