Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #31
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorul82? View Post
Looks like Cougar Town premiere will be on again tomorrow night.
Cool! I can watch while the boys are at Cub SCouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBelle View Post
I didnt notice that it was from wikipedia. I was surprised how much in depth info you knew on the subject. lol
I know my TV trivia, but I'm not that good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorul82? View Post
tonight im going back to davis to meet with some friends from work. Theyve decided that thursday is binge night. Since everyone is usually on healthy diets, or poor, thursday will be the day eveyone just eats whatever they want and apparently a lot of it. I have a free sandwich from the grocery store coming to me, so thats probably what ill be having.
Have fun and be careful!

---------------------------

Watched a little bit of the flyers game. NOw watching the Phillies win Going to bed soon. See you all tomorrow!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 09-24-2009, 11:32 PM   #32
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Hi everyone, I am so behind. It sounds like CE needs a blog with all her recipes, I would love to try all 3 that were mentioned . I haven't been up to much, getting back on the eating healthy wagon and staying away from sugar, bad sugar, bad. It is going surprisingly well actually. I will never been a size two but I want to be healthy so I can be around to take care of Bill for a long time. He needs me and I want to be here for him.

I read on twitter that Kristel's friend Rockie's mom passed away . My heart is aching for all of them. I have lost my mom too and it is gut wrenching.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2009, 06:21 AM   #33
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=mrsksomeday;33708361] Hi everyone, I am so behind. It sounds like CE needs a blog with all her recipes, I would love to try all 3 that were mentioned .[/QUOTE\

WE share recipies all the time. If you have any good/easy one's please share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
I haven't been up to much, getting back on the eating healthy wagon and staying away from sugar, bad sugar, bad. It is going surprisingly well actually. I will never been a size two but I want to be healthy so I can be around to take care of Bill for a long time. He needs me and I want to be here for him.
That's really great Tracy. Me I'm the opposite. Being stuck home I feel like all I am doing is eating junk food

Quote:
I read on twitter that Kristel's friend Rockie's mom passed away . My heart is aching for all of them. I have lost my mom too and it is gut wrenching.
Kristel -

====================================

I think I broke the land speed record getting Jimmy ready today. WE overslept and he was up, dressed and out of the house in 23 minutes! He was really cooperative. It could be becasue he was just cooperative...or it could be that I bribed him with a trip to the dollar store if he was extra cooperative Hey, don't judge...it worked

I couldn't sleep last night I was still prowling around and playing Bejewelled at 1:30 - Hence why we overslept

I had plans to clean the bathroom and the kitchen today, we will see how tired I am before I tackle those jobs.

Tonight is the Cub Scout Popcorn Kickoff, so I don't have to plan anything for the Den Meeting which is good. Tomorrow we are going to the SCout store to get his shirt and patches and stuff and then to my Aunts house for a visit/tutoring lesson. My little cousin (2nd cousin really) is taking her Praxis exam (To become a teacher) next week and she needs some help with some of the math so Jim is going to sit with her and go over it. It gives me a good excuse to go check on my 82 year old aunt without her thinking I am checking on her Then Sunday is Soccer Day. Whew..I'm tired just reading all that

Happy Friday everyone!

Old 09-25-2009, 07:05 AM   #34
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkred]Hi everyone, I am so behind. It sounds like CE needs a blog with all her recipes, I would love to try all 3 that were mentioned .
Let me know if you want them. Most of my stuff comes from my mom - good old Illinois comfort food. But, honestly, the kids like them and they're generally very easy, so it works out.

Of course, they're not always low-fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
I think I broke the land speed record getting Jimmy ready today. WE overslept and he was up, dressed and out of the house in 23 minutes! He was really cooperative. It could be becasue he was just cooperative...or it could be that I bribed him with a trip to the dollar store if he was extra cooperative Hey, don't judge...it worked
No judging from me!

Quote:
Whew..I'm tired just reading all that
Me, too!

D's home today, but my friend texted me to see if I wanted to do a walk and then meet another of our twin mom friends for coffee. I think that sounds pretty good, and also won't take all day. At some point, I'll need to hit the grocery store, too.

We have tentative plans tonight to go see our holiday friends for dinner. The DH has to leave early tomorrow morning, though, so I'm not sure that we won't get either canceled or changed to just an after-school playdate without dinner involved.

Nothing much going on tomorrow. At some point, I need to run over to the park and register the boys for winter basketball, but the forms are done, it's just dropping them off. It's not supposed to be warm - we are under a frost warning for tonight - so probably no boating. D & I are having a date night tomorrow, I guess - he wanted me to call the neighbor to babysit, so I did, but we have no idea what we're doing.

I have no desire to get up and going, but I probably should. The short haircut leaves me with having to pretty much shower before I go anywhere, even just for a walk with a friend, due to the sticky-upness of a morning.

Have a good one - I may be back in the afternoon, but it depends on how the rest of the day shapes up!
Old 09-25-2009, 07:11 AM   #35
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
No judging from me!
Thanks

Quote:
D & I are having a date night tomorrow, I guess - he wanted me to call the neighbor to babysit, so I did, but we have no idea what we're doing.
Nice!

I
Quote:
sticky-upness of a morning.
I love how we make up our own words

Quote:
Have a good one - I may be back in the afternoon, but it depends on how the rest of the day shapes up!
Have a good one

Old 09-25-2009, 07:18 AM   #36
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

BTW = ANyone ever been to Niagra Falls? Anything to do there with kids other than look at the falls? Trying to come up with a couple of long weekend type trips for next summer since we ain't going to WDW

Old 09-25-2009, 07:35 AM   #37
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
BTW = ANyone ever been to Niagra Falls? Anything to do there with kids other than look at the falls? Trying to come up with a couple of long weekend type trips for next summer since we ain't going to WDW
I'm trying to break away from the TR board.
I don't think I've posted on here since thread 2.
Can I come back.

Anyways, google Niagra Falls, and they have package deals, just like any other tourist town. You can take a speed boat tour. It will take you almost right up to the Falls and you will get wet. The package also includes a walk-out area-it was in the Movie--with Marilyn Monroe. I was surprised with all the things to do. I think they built a Kalahari hotel in the area. The owner is from Wisconsin Dells, and he is starting to build his indoor water parks/hotels around the U.S. They have a "flow rider"-simulated surfing area.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:39 AM   #38
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Can I come back.
Absolutely Mari! How are you

Quote:
Anyways, google Niagra Falls, and they have package deals, just like any other tourist town. You can take a speed boat tour. It will take you almost right up to the Falls and you will get wet. The package also includes a walk-out area-it was in the Movie--with Marilyn Monroe. I was surprised with all the things to do. I think they built a Kalahari hotel in the area. The owner is from Wisconsin Dells, and he is starting to build his indoor water parks/hotels around the U.S. They have a "flow rider"-simulated surfing area.
Thanks! I will check it out!

Old 09-25-2009, 07:44 AM   #39
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

In case anyone is planning on being at MK during this time period!

The Crystal Palace will be going down for a refurbishment in early 2010. The confirmed dates for the refurbishement now are January 3 2010 to February 13 2010.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:19 AM   #40
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
We took the kids when they were little--they enjoyed seeing the falls and seems like we took a train ride--lots of grapes I remember in the area.

Quote:
Can I come back.

Hi Marissa! Long time! Welcome back to chat!

+++++++++++++++

Well, thought BA was headed back to school but she started running a 102 fever and aching all over last nite....it's down now but she's still in bed. This has been a bad week. I'm working in the evenings when Daran comes home---luckily my job will let me do that.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 09-25-2009, 08:28 AM   #41
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post

Well, thought BA was headed back to school but she started running a 102 fever and aching all over last nite....it's down now but she's still in bed. This has been a bad week. I'm working in the evenings when Daran comes home---luckily my job will let me do that.
Poor thing What does the doctor say.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:35 AM   #42
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Jimmy doesn't ewat beef in any way shape or form
Mine's not the only one?! Well, excepting burgers - he'll eat those. But forget steak, roast beef, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
WTH does "green" mean anyway?
Ooooo, did someone say GREEN! You know how I love my eco stuff. I'll admit, I use the Green Works toilet cleaner and like it a lot... but only because it was the only "green" one I could find at Publix and didn't want to hit the natural foods store. My beef with Green Works is that it's owned by Clorox - which is NOT an ecologically or animal-friendly corporation overall. It still tests on animals, so I try to avoid it.

I use a lot of Seventh Generation products - I especially like its liquid fabric softener. I like that Seventh takes their green philosophy all the way through; sustainable building materials, proper waste disposal, energy reduction measures, etc.

Yes, I'm pretty crunchy granola when it comes to this stuff.

Quote:
Look on my FB page! I grew up 15 minutes away from the Falls. It's okay. I honestly can't say I'd go out of my way to visit, but it's interesting. Get passports and head to the Canadian side - it's WAY better than the American side. Clifton Hill has all the touristy stuff - Guinness World Records Museum, Madame Toussaud's Wax Museum, haunted house type museums, etc. On the American side, Niagara Falls State Park is a good spot for viewing; you can get right up next to the Falls. A ride on the Maid of the Mist is mandatory. Near the Falls, on Grand Island (USA) is home to Fantasy Island, if you need an amusement park break.

Quote:
Can I come back.
Of course!

Quote:
Ugh, hope she feels better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, look at that - I'm almost social again! Now I need to go do more social networking for work.

TGIF!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 09-25-2009, 08:55 AM   #43
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

The doctor says bronchitis---I put another call in just now to let her know about the fever and make sure we were on the right antibiotic...

The weird thing is that my house is messier since I've been home all week. And I still haven't figured out the dang sewing machine--the bobbin thing fell out and I can't get it put back together.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 09-25-2009, 09:09 AM   #44
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Mine's not the only one?! Well, excepting burgers - he'll eat those. But forget steak, roast beef, etc.
Jimmy too! Oh, he will eat meatballs...just NOT my homemade one's --only the frozen one's. You'd never know he's half Italian would you

Quote:

I use a lot of Seventh Generation products - I especially like its liquid fabric softener. I like that Seventh takes their green philosophy all the way through; sustainable building materials, proper waste disposal, energy reduction measures, etc.
Thanks for the tip! WHere can you get this stuff!

Quote:
Look on my FB page! I grew up 15 minutes away from the Falls. It's okay. I honestly can't say I'd go out of my way to visit, but it's interesting. Get passports and head to the Canadian side - it's WAY better than the American side. Clifton Hill has all the touristy stuff - Guinness World Records Museum, Madame Toussaud's Wax Museum, haunted house type museums, etc. On the American side, Niagara Falls State Park is a good spot for viewing; you can get right up next to the Falls. A ride on the Maid of the Mist is mandatory. Near the Falls, on Grand Island (USA) is home to Fantasy Island, if you need an amusement park break.
Will check it out...thanks!

Quote:

Well, look at that - I'm almost social again!

Quote:
Now I need to go do more social networking for work.
What a pain!

Quote:
The doctor says bronchitis---I put another call in just now to let her know about the fever and make sure we were on the right antibiotic...
Keep us posted. What does he have her on?

Quote:
And I still haven't figured out the dang sewing machine--the bobbin thing fell out and I can't get it put back together.
I have a sewing machine. It's been in my hall closet for about 5 years now

Old 09-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #45
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Hi everyone!

I've been to the Poly to have breakfast with Mel, Dawn & hubbies, as well as Jo and her sister. Tonga toast is so good! They were going to nap before heading to Epcot for F & W. Since we're going to MK tonight, I decided I needed a nap too since apparently my sleeping for more than 4 hours in a row is a silly pipe dream. Good thing I have TiVo because 2.00 am tv is carp! Rachel came by for a minute whilst we were eating but didn't want to intrude. Like we would have cared! We all decided her pictures don't do her justice. She's a cutie! I also stopped at WoD to get a refund because I was charged twice for one item. The manager took care of it promptly with no questions asked. Sad that I thought it would be a bigger ordeal, but glad that it wasn't. I should Tweet that.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: