Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #16
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Mostly had to pick up lunch crap and some cleaning stuff and toiletries for the kids. I've been using this new product called "Green Works", all natural all purpose cleaner. It's biodegradable, safe for kids etc. I love it! I'm trying to be more "green" these days.
I was going to try it, but I wasn't sure if they cleaned well. Soyou like them. If it's got a T endorsement I will try them

Quote:
Tonight is my first Brownie leader meeting for the new year. I'm not looking forward to Brownie's this year. I cut the meetings down to twice a month, rather than weekly. It's just too much work for me every Tuesday and I get little to no parent help, besides Maddie's taking a Hip Hop Dance class on Tuesday now, too. Have mercy!
We have the Cub SCouts every week too. I think it's too many meetings, but we shall see how it goes! We go tomorrow to the Scout store to get Jimmy's shirt and everything. He is so excited!

Quote:
It must be CE's recipe night tonight! She's got great, easy recipes. I know my kids love her chicken and noodles and Waldo loves her Italian Beef!
I haven't tried the Italian Beef yet. Jimmy doesn't ewat beef in any way shape or form

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorul82? View Post
I'm here and apparently 6' tall and blond.

Quote:
Did anyone watch Cougar Town? I thought it was going to be another drama type, but it's not. OMG was it funny! I'm sure I awoke a child or two.
I heard it was funny. I missed it. Want to try to catch it next week!

======================

Just waiting for the boys to get home. CE's Poppy CHicken is in the oven. Will do homework with Jimmy, then have dinner. Should have a fairly early night tonight!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 09-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #17
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

Janet, the 6' tall and blond was in reference to:

"absurd story lines or out-of-the-ordinary characterizations"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #18
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Janet, the 6' tall and blond was in reference to:

"absurd story lines or out-of-the-ordinary characterizations"
Ahhhhhhhhh.. Little slow on the uptake today!

Old 09-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #19
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
he wants to start redoing the downstairs bathroom (we have only 2 full baths - one up, and one down - no master.)
We need to redo both of our bathrooms too. With wallpaper in both, it's a happy thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDISneyFamily View Post
Hey Angela, shouldn't you be at F&W Fest soft opening today?!
Hi Michelle! I think the plan is to check it out tomorrow. I saw Jordan's there today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Took my walk to the grocery store and back.
How nice to be able to walk to the store.

Quote:
Ah, I love the smell of an empty Target!

Quote:
I've been using this new product called "Green Works", all natural all purpose cleaner.
I use it too, but with all the differing information about "green"" products, who knows if it is really? Hopefully it is though.

Quote:
I cut the meetings down to twice a month, rather than weekly. It's just too much work for me every Tuesday and I get little to no parent help, besides Maddie's taking a Hip Hop Dance class on Tuesday now, too.
Back in the day when I was in Brownies, we had it right after school. Maybe with more working parents, that's not an option now.

Hip hop classes sound right up Maddie's ally.

Tonight Mitch's school, Ole Miss, is playing South Carolina so say a big Hotty Toddy!

Old 09-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #20
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Did anyone watch Cougar Town? I thought it was going to be another drama type, but it's not. OMG was it funny! I'm sure I awoke a child or two.
Oh crap! I tried to watch Modern Family, but it was sooo lame, I switched channels and fell asleep watching "Fight Club". I heart Edward Norton!
Quote:
I was going to try it, but I wasn't sure if they cleaned well. Soyou like them. If it's got a T endorsement I will try them
I was skeptical, 'cause I'm a Lysol/Clorox fan to the end, but I'm surprisingly quite satisfied. I love the no-streak finish.

Quote:
We have the Cub SCouts every week too. I think it's too many meetings, but we shall see how it goes! We go tomorrow to the Scout store to get Jimmy's shirt and everything. He is so excited!
Aww, that's cute! Be sure to post pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
We need to redo both of our bathrooms too. With wallpaper in both, it's a happy thought.
Ugh! Me too! Our downstairs is a half bath and needs the works. Upstairs we have one 3/4 that was done in '04 and the full bath needs a little pick-me-up, KWIM?

Quote:
I use it too, but with all the differing information about "green"" products, who knows if it is really? Hopefully it is though.
WTH does "green" mean anyway?

Quote:
Hip hop classes sound right up Maddie's ally.
The poor brown child has zero rhythm!

I think I ate a tape worm. I'm so darn hungry today, I seriously need to lay off today!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #21
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How nice to be able to walk to the store.
it's the one thing that drives my mother crazy living down there. HAving to drive to get a loaf of bread!

Quote:
I was skeptical, 'cause I'm a Lysol/Clorox fan to the end, but I'm surprisingly quite satisfied. I love the no-streak finish.
I;m gonna try them!

Quote:
Aww, that's cute! Be sure to post pics!
I will!

Quote:
The poor brown child has zero rhythm!
She and Jimmy will get along great then. Jimmy has two music classes a week at school. THe child can't carry a tune in a bucket!

Quote:
I think I ate a tape worm. I'm so darn hungry today, I seriously need to lay off today!
I'm the same way T. Between the steroids and being stuck home all the time I have been eating WAY too much junk!

----------------------

Dinner is done. Jimmy gave me a hrd time trying the chiken, but once he did he liked it...go figure I wans't I trying to poison him

Not much planned tonight, which is good. We had 2 late nights so Jimmy could use the break..and so could I I will probably watch Project Runway. Are you watching this season V?

Old 09-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #22
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Found the new thread!

Well the inevitable has happened, I have caught the traditional back to school cold. Half the class was sniffling along with me today. This happened despite my making liberal use of all the antibacterial hand sanitizer pumps placed all over the school.

I'm "looking forward" to a busy weekend. This weekend is the weekend the students settled on for the annual street party/riot despite the fact that the school canceled Homecoming BECAUSE of this illegal party. According to the NATIONAL newspaper, that's right, it has gotten so bad that this is now national news, we are going to have dozens of mounted police and hundreds of police/riot squad members on hand to try and deal with the crowd. Work should be fun.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #23
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post

Well the inevitable has happened, I have caught the traditional back to school cold. Half the class was sniffling along with me today. This happened despite my making liberal use of all the antibacterial hand sanitizer pumps placed all over the school.

Ugh, feel better

Quote:
I'm "looking forward" to a busy weekend. This weekend is the weekend the students settled on for the annual street party/riot despite the fact that the school canceled Homecoming BECAUSE of this illegal party. According to the NATIONAL newspaper, that's right, it has gotten so bad that this is now national news, we are going to have dozens of mounted police and hundreds of police/riot squad members on hand to try and deal with the crowd. Work should be fun.
Oh, this is gonna be good. Wha'ts the best paper to read all about it?? Toronto Sun?

Old 09-24-2009, 06:15 PM   #24
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ugh, feel better

Oh, this is gonna be good. Wha'ts the best paper to read all about it?? Toronto Sun?
The Sun is trash, here is an article from The Globe and Mail, the national newspaper. I won't provide the local news articles as they are all completely biased against Queen's. This is a bit as well but it doesn't have the full hate on for Queen's like the local paper does.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1299249/
Old 09-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #25
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Sun is trash, here is an article from The Globe and Mail, the national newspaper. I won't provide the local news articles as they are all completely biased against Queen's. This is a bit as well but it doesn't have the full hate on for Queen's like the local paper does.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1299249/
OK. Thanks!

Old 09-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #26
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDISneyFamily View Post
Page 1!

Does anyone even remember me? Snif... snif... sob...

Hey Angela, shouldn't you be at F&W Fest soft opening today?!
Of course we do! Hi, Michelle! Jordan sounds so happy down there!

Quote:
God I am out of shape (Not that I was in the best shape to begin with, but I could walk without getting exhausted)...that tired me out I need to get better faster! I hate this.
I'm sorry, hon.

Quote:
Mostly had to pick up lunch crap and some cleaning stuff and toiletries for the kids. I've been using this new product called "Green Works", all natural all purpose cleaner. It's biodegradable, safe for kids etc. I love it! I'm trying to be more "green" these days.
I bought their dish soap last time. It's doing fine. I really love the Method brand, but it's not as easy to find outside of Target, and sometimes I just need to pick stuff up at the grocery store, you know?

[quote[I cut the meetings down to twice a month, rather than weekly. It's just too much work for me every Tuesday and I get little to no parent help, besides Maddie's taking a Hip Hop Dance class on Tuesday now, too. Have mercy!
[/quote]

My friends whose DD's do Brownies all meet just every other week.

Quote:
I heard such good things, but we caught up on Glee episodes, instead. Dr. Belle put it as "Imagine if the network that does The Simpsons got a hold of HSM." And that about covers it. I don't think I LOVE it the way she does, but I'm finding it pretty darn funny.

Quote:
I did get rid of the wallpaper in this one years ago - I painted, but we're talking new bathtub, tile surround, vanity, drywall...

Quote:
That was me, yesterday. I just was HUNGRY.

Quote:
Dinner is done. Jimmy gave me a hrd time trying the chiken, but once he did he liked it...go figure I wans't I trying to poison him
Pshew! We did pizza casserole tonight - it's another kid pleaser. I think I sent it to you?

Quote:

It ran through our house over the last couple of weeks, too. Feel better soon!

Quote:
Work should be fun.
Hoo, boy. Good luck!
Old 09-24-2009, 06:48 PM   #27
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sorry, hon.
Thanks

Quote:
I bought their dish soap last time. It's doing fine. I really love the Method brand, but it's not as easy to find outside of Target, and sometimes I just need to pick stuff up at the grocery store, you know?
Another endorsement..thanks!

My friends whose DD's do Brownies all meet just every other week.

Quote:
I heard such good things, but we caught up on Glee episodes, instead. Dr. Belle put it as "Imagine if the network that does The Simpsons got a hold of HSM." And that about covers it. I don't think I LOVE it the way she does, but I'm finding it pretty darn funny.
I tried to get into Glee. Couldn't

Quote:
Pshew! We did pizza casserole tonight - it's another kid pleaser. I think I sent it to you?
Trying that one next week

Old 09-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #28
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

Looks like Cougar Town premiere will be on again tomorrow night.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #29
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looks like Cougar Town premiere will be on again tomorrow night.
Cool!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:57 PM   #30
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

Quote:
I'm here and still on page 1 And we haven't jumped!

TE - Jump the Shark from Wikipedia
Jumping the shark is a colloquialism coined by Jon Hein and used by TV critics and fans to denote the point in a television program's history where the plot veers off into absurd story lines or out-of-the-ordinary characterizations. This usually corresponds to the point where a show with falling ratings apparently becomes more desperate to draw in viewers. In the process of undergoing these changes, the TV or movie series loses its original appeal. Shows that have "jumped the shark" are typically deemed to have passed their peak.
I didnt notice that it was from wikipedia. I was surprised how much in depth info you knew on the subject. lol

I use greenworks too. I got a large bottle at costco. I always hated using chemicals because marc is allergic to bleach, and i just think its kind of nasty to leave it.

My shows for the season: Glee, house, 90210 (my guilty pleasure), lost, trying out fringe.

tonight im going back to davis to meet with some friends from work. Theyve decided that thursday is binge night. Since everyone is usually on healthy diets, or poor, thursday will be the day eveyone just eats whatever they want and apparently a lot of it. I have a free sandwich from the grocery store coming to me, so thats probably what ill be having.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: