Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #871
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnnC View Post
I am about to use ME for the first time! We are staying at Bay Lake Towers at the Contemporary. We are flying in via Southwest. If we pickup our luggage at the airport ourselves to take to the bus, do they place our luggage underneath in the bus we travel on? Or, do we have to take it up into the seating area of the bus?
You aren't permitted to bring anything onto the bus that is too large to fit under your own seat or on the small overhead shelf. If you choose to get your checked luggage yourself, you bring it to the bus and the driver will load it under the bus for you, and then you'll get it back when you arrive at your resort.
Quote:
Does Southwest participate and actually deliver our baggage via ME without our claiming it at the baggage area ourselves? They did send us luggage tags..
Regardless of airline, EVERYONE flying into MCO and who is named on the reservation at a WDW resort can have the automatic luggage delivery. It is only for the trip home that there is a difference depending on what airline you're using.
Quote:
Also, for the return trip to the airport, can we choose the time we want to leave the resort on the bus to the airport? We prefer to allow extra time and eat lunch their before traveling..
No, you don't have that choice. On the morning of the day before your departure day, you'll get a written notice informing you of your assigned DME bus time. If you miss your assigned bus, Disney isn't responsible for arranging alternate transportation with you. Under no circumstances will they allow you to arrange for a later DME ride. Your ride will be scheduled for 2.75 to 3.25 hours before your scheduled flight time.

I hope all this info helps. I also strongly urge you to read the first post in the sticky titled something like "What participating airline really means."
Old 09-14-2009, 05:43 PM   #872
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
No, you don't have that choice. On the morning of the day before your departure day, you'll get a written notice informing you of your assigned DME bus time. If you miss your assigned bus, Disney isn't responsible for arranging alternate transportation with you. Under no circumstances will they allow you to arrange for a later DME ride. Your ride will be scheduled for 2.75 to 3.25 hours before your scheduled flight time.

."
It sounds like the OP wants MORE time at the airport. Once you receive your pickup time notice, I'm pretty sure you can call and request to be scheduled on an earlier bus, but you need to do it in advance. You CAN NOT request a later bus.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #873
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

We leave on 10/15. I took a trip to WDW on 8/1 of this year and used ME for the first time. They sent me my luggage tag prior to getting my other packet of information. This weekend I got the resort info, but I haven't gotten my ME tags yet. At what point do I call ME and request a tag be re-sent prior to my trip? (I realize there's still a lot of time, I'm just concerned because it didn't follow the same timeline as last time.)
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #874
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

You should see your DME packet any day now. They have been sending them out about 4-5 weeks prior to departure date. If you don't get it within a week or so, I would call DME and make sure they have all the correct info.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:02 PM   #875
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Thanks, that was about what I was thinking
Old 09-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #876
wezee
Am I cheating on my husband, if I have dreams about Mickey Mouse?

After 5 phone calls, I finally called ME direct and hopefully will have my packet in the next day or so. I still have not rec'd my MYW packet with my confirmations and WDW luggage tags. I have talked to several CMs and they can't seem to tell me why...nor are they willing to re-send it. I was told, if I do not receive the MYW by mail, I would receive it at the check-in desk. I'm not happy about this, but I'm tired of calling long distance and being told the same thing, over and over.

Next Magical Moment: Sept. 2013
March 1995 Off site, Feb 2000 POFQ, March 2006 POFQ (25th Anniv.)March 2007 POFQ, Oct. 2007 POFQ, Sept. 2008 POFQ, Oct. 2009 POFQ, March 2010 POFQ,Sept 2010 POFQ, Feb 2011 POFQ, Oct. 2011 POFQ (30th Anniv.)., POFQ Sept 2012,
wezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:37 AM   #877
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezee View Post
After 5 phone calls, I finally called ME direct and hopefully will have my packet in the next day or so. I still have not rec'd my MYW packet with my confirmations and WDW luggage tags. I have talked to several CMs and they can't seem to tell me why...nor are they willing to re-send it. I was told, if I do not receive the MYW by mail, I would receive it at the check-in desk. I'm not happy about this, but I'm tired of calling long distance and being told the same thing, over and over.
Did you book your trip youself or did you use some type of travel agent? I ask because many have had issues when using TAs. Disney/DME has to send any documents to the TA first, who in turn, is supposed to get the info out to the client. But some aren't so good about that.
Here's hoping all goes fine for you.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:08 AM   #878
brios86
Mouseketeer

Out of the 4 of us that are going, my mom is flying separately since she is leaving a day early and come after us. Does the ME pass have to have her name on it? It has my husbands name but her flight information.
brios86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:44 AM   #879
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brios86 View Post
Out of the 4 of us that are going, my mom is flying separately since she is leaving a day early and come after us. Does the ME pass have to have her name on it? It has my husbands name but her flight information.
As long as your mom is on your room reservation it should be fine. There should be a voucher with her name on it though. Everyone that is named on the resort reservation, should be named on the DME vouchers.
But, I'm not sure of what her situation is....she seems to be leaving WDW before you, which will have no bearing on the DME voucher. I'm just not sure what you mean when you say 'come after us'.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:00 AM   #880
wezee

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Did you book your trip youself or did you use some type of travel agent? I ask because many have had issues when using TAs. Disney/DME has to send any documents to the TA first, who in turn, is supposed to get the info out to the client. But some aren't so good about that.
Here's hoping all goes fine for you.
I booked everything myself. So who knows???

March 1995 Off site, Feb 2000 POFQ, March 2006 POFQ (25th Anniv.)March 2007 POFQ, Oct. 2007 POFQ, Sept. 2008 POFQ, Oct. 2009 POFQ, March 2010 POFQ,Sept 2010 POFQ, Feb 2011 POFQ, Oct. 2011 POFQ (30th Anniv.)., POFQ Sept 2012,
Old 09-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #881
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezee View Post
I am going to be at Disney the same time as you. I did recieve my ME info but did not get my room info. I have read of several other occurances of people not getting their info sent to them as well. My opinion is there must have been some type of glitch.

I called reservation and was put on hold so she could talk to the documents dept. She told me they said the room paperwork showed it was sent out 45 days in advance. I never got it so she said they were sending it out again and I should get it in 2 weeks. I am not holding my breath but if it does come it will be two days before we leave. Honestly, with the way thing are going I doubt they would have it at the front desk for me either and I am expecting to get the run around there too.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:35 PM   #882
brios86
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
As long as your mom is on your room reservation it should be fine. There should be a voucher with her name on it though. Everyone that is named on the resort reservation, should be named on the DME vouchers.
But, I'm not sure of what her situation is....she seems to be leaving WDW before you, which will have no bearing on the DME voucher. I'm just not sure what you mean when you say 'come after us'.
Thanks! We arrive on Oct 22 and are staying offsite for a couple days and then checking in to CSR on the 26th which is when she is arriving. I will call and ask for vouchers with her name on it and not stress out if I don't get them. We can always go pick her up if she has issues.
brios86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:49 PM   #883
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by brios86 View Post
Thanks! We arrive on Oct 22 and are staying offsite for a couple days and then checking in to CSR on the 26th which is when she is arriving. I will call and ask for vouchers with her name on it and not stress out if I don't get them. We can always go pick her up if she has issues.
Strictly speaking, a voucher isn't required. As long as a DME reservation exists in the DME database, and as long as you have photo ID that matches your face with that name, you are fine.

For instance, people who end up never receiving their DME paperwork have no trouble using DME.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:31 AM   #884
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

I'm just over 3 weeks out now and still haven't gotten the ME packet. I want to call ME directly, but don't know the number, any help?

I'll call after 1pm today, should give UPS & USPS today as well to make it here (I work from home...c'mon Mickey Mail...)
Old 09-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #885
wezee

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I'm just over 3 weeks out now and still haven't gotten the ME packet. I want to call ME directly, but don't know the number, any help?

I'll call after 1pm today, should give UPS & USPS today as well to make it here (I work from home...c'mon Mickey Mail...)

ME Phone # is 1-866-599-0951

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: