Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #16
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic
 
Gabes_mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,421

When we pulled up to the Custom House to check in we were all really excited.



The parking lot was empty so that was a good sign.





Once inside we hopped into the short line for Online Registration. DS was literally running laps around the Custom House. You can see him in this picture.



Soon it was our turn and the CM grabbed our packet. This was the moment I was waiting for.....where would we be staying? Were our rooms ready?

The CM told us that our rooms were ready () and that we were in Jamaica 45 - one of the buildings I requested. Woohoo!!!

I was so excited!!! We were so lucky!!!! This vacation was off to an amazing start!
__________________
Gabes_mommy is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #17
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!
 
scoot241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 877

Sounds like you had a smooth check-in. Ours was similarly smooth and we had our room requests fulfilled. CBR is a resort I'd like to stay at in the future.

Looking forward to reading more!
scoot241 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #18
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic
 
Gabes_mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot241 View Post
Sounds like you had a smooth check-in. Ours was similarly smooth and we had our room requests fulfilled. CBR is a resort I'd like to stay at in the future.

Looking forward to reading more!
Welcome!!! I love the new Online Check-In system. I think it helps the hotels place people in rooms that are ready when they arrive since they know people's arrival times.
__________________
Gabes_mommy is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #19
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran
 
Sunset Cliffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,004

Joining in! Love your title...it is something I'm sure that I will be facing in my near future, since my son just turned 2. It's nice that you live close enough to take shorter trips. So glad that you go the room that you wanted!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a nap for you son happened.
Sunset Cliffs is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #20
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic
 
Gabes_mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,421

After we got our room assignments we were back in the van to drive over to Jamaica. I love the color scheme of the Jamaica buildings - so bright and cheerful.



I am so glad we watched Finding Nemo on the way to Disney because DS was so excited when he saw Nemo on the bedspread in our room.



Our room was nice and clean - we were very happy with it for our stay.







Once we had unloaded all our luggage into the room we decided to head to Old Port Royale to check everything out. We had originally planned to go to Downtown Disney that first day, but the excitement of checking out the resort won out.




Our first view of Centertown:



While we were at the Food Court we bought our refillable mugs and headed back to the room to change into our bathing suits to hit the pool.

I unfortunately forgot my camera in the room because I was rushing, but DS LOVED the new kids' area at the pool. He went down the slides non-stop for about an hour and had a wonderful time. I did get lots of pictures of him at the pool on our 2nd day, so I'll post those later.

At this point it was about 1:30 so we headed back to the room to give DS a nap. In all the excitement of arriving at the resort we had accidentally left Little Blankie in the car when we unloaded and when we got DS into bed for his nap it hit him that LB was missing and he had a FIT!!! He was wailing for LB. DH immediately headed to the car to get LB and I turned on the TV for DS. Almost immediately upon seeing Stacy and the WDW must-do's DS stopped crying and was captivated. It's the power of Stacy I guess.

DH did rescue LB from the van and we had a happy little boy who konked out for a solid 2 hours.

While DS was napping I took a shower and walked over to OPR by myself to check everything out again. As soon as I got back my mom knocked on the door and wanted to walk over too so I spent most of the afternoon walking back and forth. CBR is a lovely resort and I was already falling in love with it.
__________________
Gabes_mommy is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #21
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic
 
Gabes_mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
Joining in! Love your title...it is something I'm sure that I will be facing in my near future, since my son just turned 2. It's nice that you live close enough to take shorter trips. So glad that you go the room that you wanted!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a nap for you son happened.
Welcome!!! I'm so glad you're joining in!

Hopefully your DS will never go through the Terrible 2's. For the first 6 months of his 2nd year my DS was positively delightful! I really thought we had dodged the bullet, but that was not to be.
__________________
Gabes_mommy is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 05:32 PM   #22
lilmissie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mb, Canada
Posts: 212

I am joining in as well. We make the trip in a few weeks with three little ones. They will all be 2 when we get there. But the eldest two (twins) turn three down there. It will be interesting to hear your experiences.
__________________
First Trip Completed ~ October 18th-23rd, 2009
Second trip in the works for Sept 2012!!
lilmissie is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #23
Gabrielsbigtrip
Mouseketeer
 
Gabrielsbigtrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 467

Joining in

We were at the beach for the past few days so I am so behind in everyone's reports!
__________________


May 2007 ~ WL
May 2008 ~ SSR/CSR
September 2009 ~ POP

My Very 1st Pre Trip Report

Curse YOU indoor plumbing!! ~ Sept 2009 Trip Report ~
Gabrielsbigtrip is offline  
Old 09-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #24
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran
 
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,328

I'm a little behind and just saw that you started your TR. So glad to see that you are back and can't wait to hear all about your adventures. Your beginning is hilarious. My youngest DS is in the terrible two's now. Can be ever so charming and sweet but it also scares the bejeebies out of me about how he will be at disney. The things I am most fearful of are how he will be at the sit down meals(NOT a good thing right now and we avoid them like the plague,lol) and how the nap thing will go. He is very used to getting a two hour nap as well. I hate to leave the parks for about 3 hours because we are all day park people and usually stay from open to close but I don't think missing his nap would be a good idea. I'm hoping for some disney magic on the terrible two's. I can't wait to hear about how your little one was so hopefully I will be more comforted and prepared. Plus we are also staying at CBR so glad to see/hear about that as well.
__________________
Me DH DS13 DS11 DS4


I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom is offline  
Old 09-21-2009, 08:29 AM   #25
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne
 
CandleontheWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,193

Great start to your TR!!

I'm glad to see you got on the road reasonably on-time. I don't think I've managed that, and I don't even have kids yet! I also agree with you about stopping for breakfast, I'd rather get there faster too, but on the other hand, Cracker Barrel does have a great breakfast!

I'm so happy to see that you got your room request! I've stayed at CBR a few times and I really love the resort. It is a little spread out, but I don't think that it is unmanageable. I'm excited to hear about how the rest of your trip went!
CandleontheWater is offline  
Old 09-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #26
Angies1274
DIS Veteran
 
Angies1274's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northern New York
Posts: 2,371

Your son is so cute!!! The picture of him with his PopPop is so sweet!!!

Yay!! for getting your request!!! CBR looks like such a beautiful resort with so much to see. I can understand why you decided to hang around the resort to check it out.

"The power of Stacy" too funny--my boys react the same way when they watch her.

Can't wait for more....
__________________
Angie (me) DH DS13 DS10
WDW trips-- (POP Century)--April 2008,April & August 2009,April 2010,July 2012
Angies1274 is offline  
Old 09-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #27
jana616
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,156

Yay for getting all of your room requests! We had similar luck, and I think it definitely helped to do the online checkin. We also faxed our requests to POP, and that helped a lot too. Can't wait to read more, and I'm so glad for you that your son took a great nap. Hopefully that meant a fun afternoon and evening!
__________________
2009 trip report-"Stop drinking out of that puddle"-our first family trip with 2 and 4 year olds!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2285467


2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
jana616 is offline  
Old 09-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #28
mothermouse
Mouseketeer
 
mothermouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 178

Hi, I'm joining in I have a two year old DD So I think your TR will be fun to read. I know how it can be My DDis not always a We are waiting to go to Disney You are off to a good start, sounds fun so far. We call are grandpa poppop too and grandma is mommom (too cute DS holding poppop's hand) Looking forward to reading
mothermouse is offline  
Old 09-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #29
DawnAK
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Fairbanks, AK USA
Posts: 357

Looking forward to the rest of your TR. We hope to be in WDW in January with our 2 yr old little boy. He will be 2 in November and is also "spirited".

I am worried about napping/sleeping away from home as our son is not one to sleep in the car or stroller...or anywhere else away from home. Should be interesting...

Dawn
DawnAK is offline  
Old 09-22-2009, 07:06 AM   #30
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic
 
Gabes_mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissie View Post
I am joining in as well. We make the trip in a few weeks with three little ones. They will all be 2 when we get there. But the eldest two (twins) turn three down there. It will be interesting to hear your experiences.
Welcome!!! We did have some challenging moments, but overall we had a wonderful time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielsbigtrip View Post
Joining in

We were at the beach for the past few days so I am so behind in everyone's reports!
Yay!!! I'm so glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
I'm a little behind and just saw that you started your TR. So glad to see that you are back and can't wait to hear all about your adventures. Your beginning is hilarious. My youngest DS is in the terrible two's now. Can be ever so charming and sweet but it also scares the bejeebies out of me about how he will be at disney. The things I am most fearful of are how he will be at the sit down meals(NOT a good thing right now and we avoid them like the plague,lol) and how the nap thing will go. He is very used to getting a two hour nap as well. I hate to leave the parks for about 3 hours because we are all day park people and usually stay from open to close but I don't think missing his nap would be a good idea. I'm hoping for some disney magic on the terrible two's. I can't wait to hear about how your little one was so hopefully I will be more comforted and prepared. Plus we are also staying at CBR so glad to see/hear about that as well.
Welcome!!! You hit the nail on the head with your concerns - those were our biggest issues too. Sit down meals were definitely our most challenging times. Does your DS nap in his stroller at all? Mine doesn't anymore so naps were important for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Great start to your TR!!

I'm glad to see you got on the road reasonably on-time. I don't think I've managed that, and I don't even have kids yet! I also agree with you about stopping for breakfast, I'd rather get there faster too, but on the other hand, Cracker Barrel does have a great breakfast!

I'm so happy to see that you got your room request! I've stayed at CBR a few times and I really love the resort. It is a little spread out, but I don't think that it is unmanageable. I'm excited to hear about how the rest of your trip went!
Welcome!!! We did love CBR, but I think if we stay there again we will pay for a preferred room instead of risking being really far away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Your son is so cute!!! The picture of him with his PopPop is so sweet!!!

Yay!! for getting your request!!! CBR looks like such a beautiful resort with so much to see. I can understand why you decided to hang around the resort to check it out.

"The power of Stacy" too funny--my boys react the same way when they watch her.

Can't wait for more....
Aw, thanks!! My dad actually watches DS for us while I work so the two of them have gotten very close - it's so sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana616 View Post
Yay for getting all of your room requests! We had similar luck, and I think it definitely helped to do the online checkin. We also faxed our requests to POP, and that helped a lot too. Can't wait to read more, and I'm so glad for you that your son took a great nap. Hopefully that meant a fun afternoon and evening!
We had an amazing evening!!! I am hoping to get that part of the report up by tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermouse View Post
Hi, I'm joining in I have a two year old DD So I think your TR will be fun to read. I know how it can be My DDis not always a We are waiting to go to Disney You are off to a good start, sounds fun so far. We call are grandpa poppop too and grandma is mommom (too cute DS holding poppop's hand) Looking forward to reading
Welcome!!! I'm so glad you are joining in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnAK View Post
Looking forward to the rest of your TR. We hope to be in WDW in January with our 2 yr old little boy. He will be 2 in November and is also "spirited".

I am worried about napping/sleeping away from home as our son is not one to sleep in the car or stroller...or anywhere else away from home. Should be interesting...

Dawn
My DS won't sleep in his stroller anymore either, but luckily he was so tired from all the excitement that he took good naps and slept through the night everyday.


Well in addition to some wonderful memories I also brought home a nasty respiratory infection from Disney. Yesterday was really rough and all I did all day was lay around. Today is better and I'm back at work so I'll be really busy all afternoon, but I'm hoping to post the report from our night at MNSSHP by tonight.
__________________
Gabes_mommy is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Surprise Sweet 16 Cruise 8/29 - 9/5, 2009 on the Magic Cinderella1001 Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports 17 02-03-2010 01:48 PM
Our Short but Sweet, Sizzling HOT Summer Trip to the World! Updated 12/3...Finally!!! Angies1274 Completed Trip Reports 283 12-10-2009 07:51 AM
Chelsea's dad's get married.....very sweet soulmates Gay and Lesbian at Disney 3 09-22-2009 08:10 AM
Princess storybook dining VS Cinderellas Royal tale Debrn Disney Restaurants 13 09-18-2009 12:50 PM
Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings Booth at D23 Expo lurkyloo Disney Weddings and Honeymoons 43 09-18-2009 07:23 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.