Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2009, 01:05 AM   #1
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

New Dining Experience Coming to Victoria and Albert's

I had dinner at Victoria and Albert's tonight, and both my lead server and the assistant manager talked with me about a new experience that is being developed to debut this fall or winter.

"The Victoria Room" is the working title (nothing official yet) for a 12-16 course dinner (the details are still being worked out) that will be served in the small room off the main dining area. There will be all new menus and wine pairings for this dinner that will surpass the Chef's Table in sumptuousness and service. They are still designing all parts of the experience, but I was told to expect lots of table side cooking and fabulous food presentation with an unsurpassed attention to detail. They expect to limit the number of diners to 12-16, with the largest table probably being a 6 top. They are super excited about this challenge to bring a new higher level of service and interaction to a brand new and special menu designed exclusively for this room. The CMs will all be trained in this new "ballet", as Mike called it, and they are charged up to learn all that will be involved. The cost will be $295.00 per person, inclusive of the wine pairings. I was told that I am only the second guest to be told about this experience, with the first being another DISer who dined there last night.

They do not yet have a launch date, but hope to be up and running by the Christmas season of 2009, and possibly earlier.

Also currently under design, hopefully to premiere in October, is a web site exclusively for Victoria and Albert's, victoria_albert.com. It will have menu and other news, and will allow easy access to their latest and greatest without visitors having to excavate through all the levels of the main Disney World web site to find them. Again, the web site is not yet open, but is coming soon. Another change is that they will have a direct phone number for reservations, (407)-WDW-DVNA.

The best part of talking with them about all these changes was seeing how excited they are about what is to come.
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:46 AM   #2
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

what a great idea! I'm excited to hear about this - thank you for sharing!!

it would be amazing - $295 inclusive of wine!! I like the idea of a website and their own phone line!!

just amazing!!
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2009, 09:10 AM   #3
2infinityandbeyond
DIS Veteran

Quote:
a new higher level of service
Sheesh, how much can they raise the service bar? Rub my back while I eat? Cut my food and feed me? IV drip for the wine?

$295/person...I'd never say "absolutely not", but if they're charging that price, I'd expect a French Laundry/Michelin 3 star experience. I wonder if they can pull that off, given some of the restraints they deal with (e.g. no foie gras).

Last edited by 2infinityandbeyond; 09-20-2009 at 09:47 AM.
2infinityandbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:25 AM   #4
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, and Newly Ordained.

1) Maybe they are trying to get a jump on the new Four Seasons.
2) The Four Seasons plans to have their 12-course tasting brunch.
3) At other Four Seasons hotels, it is about $200/person.

NOTE: I think the new Four Seasons on Disney property will blow away the idea of "Deluxe" WDW resorts. WDW will have to really exert themselves to come up to the level of a true Deluxe hotel.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:18 AM   #5
webray
Love the wineauxs!

You had to know this was coming, as they have been doing it for quite some time by request. The room had a min price and you could reach for the stars with menu and wine. Our friends tell us the experience is fantastic!
Old 09-20-2009, 01:40 PM   #6
olive
Mouseketeer

Any mention of whether you could do it without the wine pairings? It's always too much for me with the tasting menus. I would rather order a bottle for the table or have a cocktail or two and focus on the food.
olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #7
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

I'm excited to hear more about this!

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #8
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Any mention of whether you could do it without the wine pairings? It's always too much for me with the tasting menus. I would rather order a bottle for the table or have a cocktail or two and focus on the food.
I'm sure you could since there are people who don't drink. For me I sure hope you could do it at a cheaper price or as you said have some cocktails in place of the wine. Because of my allergies I can't drink wine.

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #9
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2infinityandbeyond View Post
Sheesh, how much can they raise the service bar? Rub my back while I eat? Cut my food and feed me? IV drip for the wine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
I neglected to ask about that, but it seems like they will need to have an option as not everyone does the alcohol thing.
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #10
copperbrick
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if this dining option is included in the I-can't-remember-what-they-now-call-it . . . it-used-to-be-the-GRAND PLAN-in 1994 -- the all inclusive that includes everything, anything -- from horseback riding to V&A?
WDW 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge (youngest DD and me)
Oct. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge: DH and me
Coming Coming Sept/Oct. 2010: Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2 bedroom villa, family of 5 adults

DINING: GLUTEN-FREE FOR ME

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/imfhxpxtz4pw3vu7.png[/img]
copperbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:39 PM   #11
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1)
NOTE: I think the new Four Seasons on Disney property will blow away the idea of "Deluxe" WDW resorts. WDW will have to really exert themselves to come up to the level of a true Deluxe hotel.
Good point -- I agree!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #12
webray
Love the wineauxs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1) Maybe they are trying to get a jump on the new Four Seasons.
2) The Four Seasons plans to have their 12-course tasting brunch.
3) At other Four Seasons hotels, it is about $200/person.

LOL, the Swan and Dolphin blow the Disney deluxe resorts away. We have been to many Four seasons, they will go above and beyond what "Disney Deluxe Resort Guest" think a deluxe resort is.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #13
ImprovGal
No animals were harmed in the making of the dinner

Thank you for that interesting news indeed! I look forward to trying this new dining option. I have to admit that I was a bit nervous when I saw the thread subject and feared that V&A would be converted to some sort of children's princess meal.

And I definitely agree that the Swan and Dolphin have an edge over the Disney Deluxen, particularly when it comes to valuing guest loyalty. I will concede, though, that they seem to be a bit lacking when it comes to handling special dietary needs in their restaurants.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #14
copperbrick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovGal View Post
Thank you for that interesting news indeed! I look forward to trying this new dining option. I have to admit that I was a bit nervous when I saw the thread subject and feared that V&A would be converted to some sort of children's princess meal.

And I definitely agree that the Swan and Dolphin have an edge over the Disney Deluxen, particularly when it comes to valuing guest loyalty. I will concede, though, that they seem to be a bit lacking when it comes to handling special dietary needs in their restaurants.
I need to eat gluten-free and appreciate your comments. Thank you.
WDW 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge (youngest DD and me)
Oct. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge: DH and me
Coming Coming Sept/Oct. 2010: Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2 bedroom villa, family of 5 adults

DINING: GLUTEN-FREE FOR ME

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/imfhxpxtz4pw3vu7.png[/img]
copperbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #15
ReggieB
DIS Cast Member
I don't kiss cats anymore. I do like cats really, I just shouldn't kiss them

This is good news. I've been to V&A a few times, but not on our recent trip, as we wanted to do something else. Plus my visit is usually the same time of year, so although the menu wasn't exactly the same, I was seeing similar seasonal items. This new idea, however, will draw me back for sure.

2013: Disney Magic, Yacht Club Resort- WDW
2012: Grand Californian Resort, DL - Boardwalk Inn, WDW - Polynesian Resort, WDW - Disney Fantasy
2011: Boardwalk Inn
2010: Disney Magic - Beach Club Resort - MiraCosta (Tokyo Disney Resort)
2009: Yacht Club Resort - Grand Californian Resort, DL
2008: Yacht Club Resort - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disney Sea
2007: Disney Magic - Grand Floridian
2006: Grand Floridian - Disney Magic
2005: Beach Club Resort, Disney Wonder & Contemporary Resort - Wilderness Lodge
2004: Grand Floridian
2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge
1999: Coronado Springs
1995: Newport Bay Club (Disneyland Paris)
ReggieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: