Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #631
lucas
°o°

Does every room at Riverside have a privacy curtain in the bathroom?

I saw a pic on allearsnet in Alligator Bayou that didn't look like it had a curtain.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:14 PM   #632
BarleyJack
And a pirin tablet? Why? Are you afraid of my Guatemalan-ness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Does every room at Riverside have a privacy curtain in the bathroom?

I saw a pic on allearsnet in Alligator Bayou that didn't look like it had a curtain.
I think so. We were in AB and there was one there.....very handy!
1990-Disneyland, offsite
2008 (jan)-WDW, POP/POR split stay
2009 (september)-WDW CBR -Food and Wine/Halloween
2009 (september)-WDW Poly=Food and Wine/Halloween
2010-Carnival Legend
2011-Carnival Glory
2012: Long weekend in NYC, Labor Day in Las Vegas
2013: Art of Animation Cars Suite

We've been Boo'd by the food review Queen!
BarleyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #633
jlbridg2
Earning My Ears

Riverside pre check in question

We're heading to POR 1 week from today. We have a waterview room reservation and at the time of booking I requested a Magnolia Bend room. Should I call ahead and make sure we got this or will waiting till we get there be ok? Anyone else had experience requesting one side of the resort over another?

I'm so excited, I don't know how they expect me to work this week!
September 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside - The Big 30
March 2007 7-night Eastern Magic- Second Honeymoon
May 2005 - Port Orleans French Quarter
March 2002 - Land and Sea Honeymoon - Contemporary Resort & Wonder

September 2001 - Boardwalk Villas
July 2000 - The Grosvenor Resort
jlbridg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #634
famgel
Mouseketeer

We were newbies to POR many years ago, didn't even request a specific room, BUT, we did land up not far from the main hub (restaurants, pool, bus stop, etc.). Water view at that resort really wouldn't bother me, I rather be closed to all. I would request top floor, always better to not have anyone above you (noise).

SSR Jan 2013, Jordan Grand, ME, RCI (7/11), Hilton Head, Queens Grant (not Disney) 6/2010, BCV (1/10), RCI Jordan Grand Resort, Sunday River, Bethel, Maine (8/09), SSR 1/09, HH 6/08, DL -Paradise Pier, & Hotel Del Coronado 10/07, BW '05, POR '97, CBR '94, Offsite '92
famgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:11 AM   #635
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbridg2 View Post
We're heading to POR 1 week from today. We have a waterview room reservation and at the time of booking I requested a Magnolia Bend room. Should I call ahead and make sure we got this or will waiting till we get there be ok? Anyone else had experience requesting one side of the resort over another?
As far as contacting the resort in advance, first put your requests in your original reservation, and then maybe fax or call the day before you arrive to ask again (or a few days before if you have multiple rooms).

Room location requests can be a little bit hit-or-miss at POR lately - but then it's a very large resort with quite a high occupancy rate. You tend to either get what you asked for, or something completely opposite! (Last month, for example, we asked for Alligator Bayou 14, or Parterre or Oak mansions near to the bridge... and we were offered all the way over in Acadian House, nowhere near a bridge)

However, if you're not happy with what you've been allocated when you get to checkin, ask if they can change you (which may need a supervisor to check for any other rooms which may become available later in the day). I'd suggest a location on the river side of the mansion buildings or close to the main building in Alligator Bayou would be best. See the maps on my website for an idea of the layout.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:09 AM   #636
Avonlady1001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbridg2 View Post

I'm so excited, I don't know how they expect me to work this week!
See you there! We're arriving the 28th! We've stayed at POR many times, and have only ever had our room requests in our reservation & have always gotten what we've asked for. There are no guarantees, of course, but they will accommodate you if they can. Like PP said, if they don't have you in a room you like, ask to move. If they can, they will.

I know the resort is pretty full next week, but I'm hoping to be where I ask (in Oak Manor...I'll be pretty miserable carrying my kids & all their stuff up the stairs in AB at the end of the day if they put me over there. But a room at the far side of the resort is still MUCH MUCH closer to where I want to be than here at home!!)
Avonlady1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #637
sweetmonkey
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if all the rooms in AB have the read/blue bedspread above or are there some that have this one below?

sweetmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:57 AM   #638
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmonkey View Post

Does anyone know if all the rooms in AB have the read/blue bedspread above or are there some that have this one below?

All AB rooms have the Blue/Red bedspreads since the last refurb, the photo above is very out of date. Mind you, that didn't stop Disney using it on their brand new WDW website earlier in the year though.

Oh, and don't expect a small palm tree in your room either. LOL

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #639
sweetmonkey
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the quick response!

MIL doesn't like the AB "look" so I think we are going to request and pray for a room in the mansions.
sweetmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:13 PM   #640
lucas
°o°

Can you print Southwest boarding passes at POR? If so, where?
Or, what about at Guest Services in the parks - do they do it there?
Old 09-27-2009, 05:07 AM   #641
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Concierge desk should be able to help you if they are not too busy, not sure whether it's an official service though.

Andre

Old 09-27-2009, 07:46 AM   #642
IslandAdventure4
Salt Life Livin

Woo Hoo we will be there in November, Cant wait.....

1/12 Saratoga Springs - 11/09 POR - 1/08 All Star Sports - 01/07 Saratoga Springs - 01/01 All Star Movies - 2/99 Caribbean Beach
IslandAdventure4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #643
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic

I just booked 2 nights at POR in December for a quick holiday trip. I am so excited!!!

I have only stayed at POR once with a friend and it was only one night and we were at the resort for a total of about 10 hours so this is like my first stay there and it will be my family's first stay there.

I want a room in Alligator Bayou - what building should we request? We will be driving so location of the bus stops is not important and we will be eating at the Food Court a lot. Thanks in advance!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 05:16 PM   #644
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes_mommy View Post
I just booked 2 nights at POR in December for a quick holiday trip. I am so excited!!!

I have only stayed at POR once with a friend and it was only one night and we were at the resort for a total of about 10 hours so this is like my first stay there and it will be my family's first stay there.

I want a room in Alligator Bayou - what building should we request? We will be driving so location of the bus stops is not important and we will be eating at the Food Court a lot. Thanks in advance!!!
I think we'll be there at the same time! We arrive Dec 11 for 3 nights.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:05 AM   #645
Googelibear
Every day is the dawn of a new error, hehe

Quote:
Or, what about at Guest Services in the parks - do they do it there?
Concierge printed passes for me at POR. The staff at the resort is extremely helpful

Boarding passes can be printed at Guest Services in the parks

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: