Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #1501
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

Non-resort guests at evening EMH is a problem at all the parks now. I recall about 3 years ago, dh and I wandered around the kiosks happily until midnight. No lines. It was great!

Now the kiosks don't stay open late. Further, as castmemberb4 notes, the new policy with respect to EMH is non-resort guests can stay and do everything but ride the rides.

That's why Disney doesn't do wristbands for EMH anymore. They want non-resort guests to feel more than welcome to eat and spend! (And, Disney said it was halting wristband distribution in order to be green and not create waste from used wristbands. Right. I swear Disney has better spin-meisters than the gov't.)

Result: Crowded parks, long lines at stores and kiosks and crowded restaurants.

Another benefit of staying on-site bites the dust!

The Waldorf at Bonnet Creek is looking more and more attractive!
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #1502
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
Just thought I would let you all know that the Festival Map is now available on the official WDW Food & Wine Festival page

Epcot's 14th Annual International Food & Wine Festival
In that map, they include New Orleans. Is it back this year? I missed that one! I thought it was a special booth just for last year.
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #1503
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
In that map, they include New Orleans. Is it back this year? I missed that one! I thought it was a special booth just for last year.
It's back (between Japan and USA) and serving:

Spicy Cajun Crawfish and Vegetable Stew; Chicken and Andouille Gumbo; Praline Bread Pudding, Bourbon Caramel Sauce; Abita Beer; Amber, Purple Haze; and Sazerac
Old 09-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #1504
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
New Orleans is just a food kiosk this year.

Last year, Louisiana had a large display area with cooking demos, entertainment, a shop, and displays, in addition to the food kiosk.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #1505
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

And they had beads....!! lol

One week from today we will heading over to Epcot
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
DisneyBride'03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #1506
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBride'03 View Post
And they had beads....!! lol

One week from today we will heading over to Epcot
Wish I were going to be there with you! Two weeks from today we will be there!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:48 PM   #1507
betterlatethannever
DIS Veteran

I have seen the lists of what is at each kiosk.

However, has anybody seen a list with the actual prices for each item?

Thank you.

Ed
betterlatethannever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:27 PM   #1508
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Wish I were going to be there with you! Two weeks from today we will be there!
Me too

Hopefully Laura wont have any colorful stories to share after I leave
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
DisneyBride'03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:17 PM   #1509
enchantingodin
You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterlatethannever View Post
I have seen the lists of what is at each kiosk.

However, has anybody seen a list with the actual prices for each item?

Thank you.

Ed
I asked this a few weeks ago and was ignored - hopefully you'll have better luck.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #1510
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantingodin View Post
I asked this a few weeks ago and was ignored - hopefully you'll have better luck.
You were not ignored. I stated that we don't usually see a list of prices until someone posts it here. Deb from AllEarsNet usually has it posted at the first weekend. There's a history of prior years' festival kiosks with pricing on AllEarsNet. On the Food and Wine link.

That's where I usually look for prices anyway.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #1511
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

No prices for 2009 booth offerings have been released to my knowledge.

Often, people don't post when they don't know the answer. That's to keep from having a whole string of posts reading "I don't know the answer." But it does appear that Briar Rosie did attempt to answer the PP's post.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:02 PM   #1512
i3utterfli82
Disneyliscious

I am going to 10/17 Party of the Senses!! So excited, 1st one! That is all.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #1513
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

Ok! My obsessive behavior just paid off.. here is an article in the Sentinel with a preview of the Festival Booth food and prices!

WOOHOO!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/travel/a...,3752875.story
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #1514
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

MORE INFO! Little on teh wine view lounge and Beer Hop!
Ok can I BE MORE excited!?

Sep. 18, 2009 (McClatchy-Tribune Regional News delivered by Newstex) -- Imagine setting a table that stretches for than more than a mile -- 1.2 miles to be exact. Epcot executive chef Jens Dahlmann knew that preparing for the 14th annual Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, which starts next Friday, was a daunting challenge.

But guest and cast feedback from past festivals made his objective clear.

"My goal became authenticity and fresh looks at these cuisines," says Dahlmann. "We are showcasing the world, so we need true tastes of the world. And the fact is, we have that essential knowledge within our immense and diverse culinary team."

Dahlmann held internal cook-offs to fine-tune dishes he knew he wanted on the 2009 menu. "It gave everyone on the culinary team a chance at taking ownership of this event."

From the cook-offs he selected staff-refined dosas (crepe-like street food with veggie fillings) for the Indian kiosk and an arroz con pollo (a chicken and rice dish) for the Puerto Rican kiosk.

He also rethought how the food was presented. At some kiosks in the past, desserts weren't fast sellers.

"Sometimes guests are more interested in savory not sweet. Moet and Chandon's champagne kiosk, located at the entrance to the World Showcase promenade, was a perfect place to add classic European confections," he said. "Individual kiosks will still offer a sweet treat. But this year, as guests pass by the sparkling wine, they now have an appropriate food pairing."

They also have added an $8 price tag to the 45-minute culinary demos and wine seminars at the Festival Welcome Center, which were free in previous years. Dahlmann said the idea to charge for those events actually came from guest feedback.

"A ticket guarantees a seat," he said.

In the welcome center, a state-of-the-art kitchen demonstration stage is replacing the trade-show feel of past culinary demos. Among the celebrity guests and authors scheduled to take that stage are Jamie Deen and Bobby Deen (check out my conversation with Paula's sons in Wednesday's Cooking and Eating section), Patti LaBelle, Cat Cora, Alan Wong, Suvir Saran and Andrea Immer Robinson.

At the pricey but always fab Party for the Senses, held every Saturday night throughout the festival, guests who like VIP attention can tack on $75 to the $135 cost for admission to the Wine View Lounge. The exclusive seating area has private tables, a premium bar and an artisanal cheese station.

"And they will be greeted with a signature wild-hibiscus sparkling wine," says Dahlmann. The petals of the ruby flowers unfurl as they are tickled by the bubbles of the Italian prosecco. It's an ultra-elegant presentation.

While wine is center stage, beer is getting a bump in prominence this year with a "Beer Hop" between the France and Morocco pavilions. For $12, guests can sample four brews from a selection of ales, lagers and craft beers from around the world.

And tequila will undoubtedly get its due this year as well. Open now but likely new to festivalgoers, La Cava del Tequila is a 30-seat bar inside the Mexico pavilion. With more than 70 tequilas ($8-$50) and lots of tapas-style eats, it's another opportunity to toast the culinary celebration.

Dahlmann, who oversees a team of 350 culinary professionals, promises fan favorites for the wine festival menu as well.

"The food and formats that work year after year are important to the overall success of the festival," he said. "We think our new twists will be just as successful."

Beer awaits festivalgoers

The Boston Beer Co. (NYSE:SAM) , the folks who make Samuel Adams, are hosting the "History of Beer in America" with daily demonstrations at Epcot's American Adventure Pavilion.

OrlandoSentinel.com/TheDish
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #1515
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Nice kabuki girl! Well intentioned obsessive behavior pays off! Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: