Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
OurOhana
Mouseketeer

OUR OHANA's Back-to-back cruises w/ pics, navs, menus ** UPDATED Food pics **10/19

To help me (and hopefully others) navigate this trip report a little better, I値l update the index on this first post as I move along. I知 also doing this more by topic, than by day though I'm trying to do it in some order. But I知 sure I値l forget something and want to add it later. Because of things I'll likely add late, and since I have a lot of photos for some things, some topics may have more than one post number.

INDEX
**Back-to-Back process and thoughts (Page 3, Post 35)
**Crew (Page 4, Post 50)
**Door magnets (Page 2, Post 22)
**Embarkation (Page 1, Posts 5 and 13)
**Food (Page 3, Posts 42, 44 and 45, Page 4, 48 and 49)
**Kids' Club thoughts and pics (Page 2, Post 17)
**Navigators (Page 3, Posts 32 and 36)
**Parrott Cay Embarkation lunch (Page 1, Post 14; and Page 2, Post 16)
**Swimming Pools (Page 2, Post 29)
**T-shirts (Page 2, Post 21)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Aloha

On Thursday, we値l be on the DCL for back-to-back cruises and we can稚 wait. I thought I壇 get the report started ahead of time.

OurOhana:
Me

DH

DD(4)

DG (My mom, but more important - DD痴 grandma)

First cruise: We went on the Magic Jan. 31-6, and loved it!!!

Second/third cruise: We received the $99 bounce-back offer per person when we booked for our first cruise. So we decided to go on our 3-night cruise (which is the bounce-back deal) and add a 4-night cruise. We leave Sept. 17 and then take the second cruise Sept. 20.

We decided pretty soon after returning from our first Disney cruise that we needed to return. While the economy has been rough, the bounce back offer was huge for us. But the thought of three days just didn稚 seem long enough so we added the other cruise.

Then DH thought why not bring my mom. Yes, my DH wanted to bring his mother-in-law along. We池e going to be staying in a category 4, but it痴 going to be a bit tight in the room (it痴 the same category we stayed in the last time.)

So our daughter still doesn稚 know about the cruise. We have used our office to pack our bags and tried to do everything while she was in the bath or sleeping (yes, I encouraged really, really long baths so I could sneak into her room to get her clothes out.) She痴 been wondering where her favorite shoes disappeared to. I致e blamed it on her messy room.

While DD will be ecstatic when she learns about the cruise- which hopefully won稚 happen until Thursday morning she痴 going to be beside herself when she learns grandma is coming. This is a child who was pretty sure for a long time that Cinderella痴 godmother was actually Cinderella痴 grandmother. It might have something to do with the fact that DD痴 grandma gives her everything she wants I知 just guessing.

So now with DD, who is always entertaining, and my mom, who doesn稚 mean to be entertaining but can稚 help herself, we池e set for our next big adventure.

We're pretty well packed. After reading the disboards, we purchased some packing cubes from ebags. They helped us save some space. So far, I like them. We've purchases all of our fish extender gifts (we're doing the fish extender exchange on our second cruise - it seemed easier on a four-night.) And we'll be meeting up with the couple and their daughter who we ate with on our January cruise. We met them on that cruise, and became friends. It was nice that we could arrange another cruise together so our daughters, the same age, could see each other again.

I知 hoping we get tons of pictures this time around, we even have an underwater camera now, which has worked well when we went to the pool.

Thanks for reading.

By the way, if anyone has questions ahead of time about cruising, DCL or the Wonder - please let me know. We can try to find the answers while we're on the ship, if possible!

HAL Maasdam Feb. 16, 2003 * HAL Zuiderdam Sept. 7, 2003
DCL Magic Jan. 31, 2009 * DCL Wonder Sept. 17, 2009 * DCL Wonder Sept. 20, 2009 * DCL Fantasy Apr. 27, 2013

Last edited by OurOhana; 10-19-2009 at 09:50 AM.
OurOhana is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: