Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2009, 09:51 PM   #31
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

IT'S OFFICAL WERE GOING TO DISNEY! Got our welcome packet in the mail today!! I was so excited that I dropped all the bags I was holding the moment I walking in the door so I could rip open the envelope!! LOL

After being completely confident in the fact we had booked a standard view room I came across the "Wilderness Room View Photo Thread" and after seeing the pic of the standard view where you can only see roof I was rethinking it.... I LOVE the courtyard views but I don't think I can make myself pay another $300-400. My plan is to wait and see what our view is like and if we get that view I might pay the extra...... Is that possible? I have heard alot of upgrade stories at the WL, is it more likely if I pre-check-in online or if I wait and check-in at the WL? I don't expect an upgrade, but it would be a nice little icing on the cake. Either way we are at Disney and happy!!

Ended up buying a new pair of flip flops for Disney today (my favorite saying right now). I went in to look at the kiddos some Disney Crocs ended up with 2 pair of Capri Crocs for me and none for the kids. The didn't have ANY Disney ones in their size. I can't believe how much Jibbitz are in the Croc stores. $2.50 per peice! I bought a lot of 10 Disney ones on ebay last month for like $2 shipped. Also picked up 4 more ponchos at Wal-Mart. They are cheap enough for me not to care if I throw them away after use.

Wooo hooooo!!!!! We are gettin' close!
Old 08-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #32
kmab00
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I found your PTR on the WL Q&A thread!

We've been to Disney many times before but this will be our first time staying at the WL. We'll be there September 13-20 so our trips will overlap!

How exciting for your kids! I know they will have a blast! It's SO close!!! I'm super excited!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #33
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Thanks! We are so excited as well!!! I hope your trip is magical!!
Old 08-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #34
beyondblessed
Mouseketeer

You lucky lucky girl - less than 2 weeks to go!!! I'm caught up on your PTR and waiting for more!
Old 08-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #35
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the house of the undecided!! We are about to change our minds on transportation for the 45th time and it is driving me nuts!!! Wanna watch?

One of my worries is our transportation to our early morning ADR's.... and after asking in the WL thread I am was convinced that my fears were correct. Since this is our first trip we are novices at the simple things such as transportation. DH was/is excited about the idea of not getting behind the wheel of a car for an entire week. We always drive to all of our vacations so this is a real treat for us. I booked our Tiffany Van last week and we were all set for not driving.

Then it hit me that we would have so many early ADR's and the buses might not be running that early. And how in the world do we get to the GF at 8:05am? Now my first thought was do we NEED early ADR's? I thought about biting the bullet and committing myself to hours of rearranging touring plans, nap times, ect..... then PRAYING that pixie dust would hit again and the ease of our first ADR search would hit us again. Then I thought about the kiddos.....

Let me tell you about a nice little weekend trip that we took them on a few months ago.... Trying to escape the NEVER ENDING winter of Chicago, we booked a room at a local indoor water park. Thinking that our up at the crack of dawn children would amazingly sleep in the next morning since they would be exhausted from the entire day at the water parks they day before, we planned on a late morning. Our glossy picture was of sleeping in, eating breakfast in our room and returning to the water parks when they opened at 11am. Our reality was the not wanting to go to sleep at just past their regular bed time, waking up at the crack of dawn ready to go go go. And by crack of dawn I mean 6am wide awake, ready to go full force. So after breakfast took all of 5 minutes they were BEGGING to go.

Only a parent trying to keep a children happy in a hotel room for 4-5 hours would know the PAIN we went through. They knew what was downstairs and didn't care it wasn't open yet. Needless to say when we finally did get back to water parks everyone was grumpy after only an hour or two they were ready for their naps.

Repeat parts of this with our summer trip to family. This time we did however learn a few lessons. We allowed them to stay up longer at night, in hopes of late mornings. Again no such luck. They woke up with the sun everyday, but at least we had made plans for the mornings. But we would nearly always skip arranged naps in favor of outings. This again turned out to be a downfall. DS will sleep anywhere, always would. DD very seldom sleeps in the car and she has never slept in a stroller. She is way to interested with the goings on around her.

Lessons learned: No matter what time they go to sleep they are up at dawn. Naps at least for DD at the hotel are a must. Food keeps um happy.

Moral of the story is we are keeping the early ADR's lest we risk the wrath of the early risers. This also gives us a easy breaking point in the early afternoon for naps, which is a must have. So renting a car or cabs are becoming more and more important.

So I started looking into renting a car. WOW is all I can say about the prices. We rent cars all the time for trips and we have never paid that much for a rental! But with van, tips and taxi's it becomes almost even, with the rental coming out a bit more expensive. Then comes the fact that we would have to bring DD's car seat with us, which we wanted to avoid, and the simple fact that DH doesn't want to drive on this vacation.

I left the final decision up to him and he chose taking a taxi when we need it. So there it is....

Now that was a lot of buildup to a lame climax.

On other fronts our plans are sailing along swimmingly. We made a trip to a Disney Outlet last week, due to construction a 45min trip took us over 2 hours to get there. Big let down when we got there they were completely out of all little boy shirts. I did manage to find DD an adorable Aurora dress and DS a Mickey outfit. And got DH and I t-shirts, of course grabbed the WRONG size for myself and now I have to find out if I can return it to the closest Disney Store instead of trekking 2 hours to the outlet....

I also keep getting mail in regards to our upcoming trip. Not that I am complaining. We have gotten another welcome packet with maps (not the customized maps, we already had those) and info about dining ect. This packet kept saying "Welcome back to the WL" or "Glad you are returning", strange to us since this is our first trip.

Now for the great news......

WE ARE TWO DAYS AWAY FROM ONLINE CHECK-IN! The anticipation is gettin' intense! At this exact moment less than two weeks from now we will be at WL taking naps.

I still have last minute shopping to like toiletries, batteries, sunglasses straps and a new fanny pack. But the majority is done. Wow I can't believe we are almost there.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:05 PM   #36
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Not really an update but.... http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post33417211.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #37
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Only 4 more days according to our countdown. DS told me today that he wants to be a bird so he can fly.... to Disney World of course. If he only knew what he was counting down to!

We are almost done with our prep and the excitement is growing all around. We have pre-packed and checked and rechecked lists. In fact tonight I am making a final list of things that need to be done. Wow, final things... it is getting close!!!

On the Disney front things have changed around a little. ADR's have been moved from time to time and day to day until today we realized that only two days of our seven day trip we were going to use park hoppers. Knowing how much $$ park hoppers added to the total I looked to see if our Hollywood & Vine ADR was available on the day before, and it was. So after DH and I talked we decided to downgrade our park hopper tickets to 6 day base tickets.

*gasp* I actually got DH to sit down and go over our plans for the week and give me his opinion. It was nice to have a second opinion on things and realize possible problems. In the end our two days that were park hoppers were changed to a DHS day and a 1/2 resort sleep in day and 1/2 MK day. And I am very happy with it.

Our schedule:
Day 1:Fly down, arrive at noon, Epcot- ADR's: Akershus, Biergarten
Day 2: MK- ADR's: Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern
Day 3: DHS- ADR's: Hollywood & Vine, Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic Package
Day 4: Resort Morning, MK evening- ADR's: WCC, Plaza
Day 5: No Parks Ethan's Pirate Cruise and DD- ADR's: EARLY 1900PF, WCC, Raglan Road
Day 6: AK- ADR's: Chef Mickey's, Tusker House
Day 7: MK, Fly out late- ADR's: Ohana's Breakfast

That's right folks I got an OHANA'S and I am happy happy happy!!!!!!!! It was the only ADR on the pixie dust blessed trip that I wasn't able to get right away. We have nothing but luck with planning this entire trip and I could not be happier. DS has been learning how to say hello in different languages, it is too cute. He already knew a few thanks to Noggin! German (Toot and Puddle), Chinese (Kai Lan) and Spanish (Dora). He had French and Italian almost down.

I shipped out a box Thursday of heavier items or items I was worried about packing. Some toiletries, glow sticks, tinkerbell surprises, ponchos and a few other things. Packing seems daunting right now.

I also finished our Tie-dye Mickey shirts today and am pretty happy with the results. They were an adventure to say the least. I will include pictures at the end of the post of the damage done and the finished products.

Our countdown has been aided the past week with a movie a day. So far we have saw Wall-E, Beauty and the Beast, Treasure Planet (DH's fav), Tinkerbell and Lilo & Stitch. Can anyone believe that DH had never saw Beauty and the Beast before. Tonight was the first time, I had no idea. Up this week will be Lion King, Nemo, Aladdin and most likely Cars or Snow White. All leading up to the main event!!!

I'll leave you with these hilarious pictures..... If you need any reason why DD is tie-dyed read the thread linked right above this....

FLOOR

FLOOR AFTER CLEANING W/ OXY CLEAN

AFTER MIRACLE CLEANER FROM WORK
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=37
DD AND DS SHIRTS

MINE AND DH'S SHIRTS

Last edited by PrncessA; 09-06-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:34 AM   #38
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

2 days till we leave and I can't stop moving ADR's. Since our trip was SOO last minute I only had the last month to get my ADR's settled. Well now I can't stop moving them around. We have been so lucky with getting everything we wanted from Akershus to CM to Ohana. But not only that I have changed Akershus 4 times and now it is on a completely different day and we got rid of park hoppers.

This morning I finally was able to get a Chef Mickey's for dinner on a MK day and now I am trying to get a Tusker House breakfast for our AK day. Originally it was a CM breakfast (which I will keep if we can't get TH) but I have heard such good things about TH.

Why does Disney give us so many options and chances to change our minds? It's like going to Baskin Robins and having to choose between 5 different kinds of chocolate ice cream. Who needs that many choices? Not me, I would be happier and less stressed with one plain ole choice of chocolate. As it is I end up picking the weird peanut butter fudge chocolate that ends up being nasty and wishing I had stuck with my original choice of chocolate.

I remember (my last theme park memory) going to Kings Island in Ohio with my mom and sister when I was 18 and although most of the trip was filled with "No I want to go here." I do have a bright memory of the "food" that they served in a HUGE cafeteria. It was disgusting and crowded and inside a large building that could have doubled for a airline hanger for all the decorations they had put up. I am now married to a man who LOVES to eat and I don't hate it either, both the kids are pretty fond of it as well. That memory has caused me many hours of fretting over our dining plans for the upcoming week along with horror stories of not being able to tour on the fly and still get walk up seating.

The point is not only are there too many options for me at DW but I have went overboard trying to choose between them. Right now I am trying to choose between Liberty Tree and Plaza for Dinner..... stay tuned for the dining saga.........
Old 09-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #39
dax248
Mouseketeer

Hi! Subscribing! As a local, just wanted to say, "Welcome to Disney!"

The shirts look amazing, by the way!
Old 09-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #40
SilverL
My DH thinks he's Tarzan and I'm Jane. Go figure!

Do you prefer family style or a la carte? LTT is family style, I think. Kind of like a thanksgiving style dinner.

You might be over thinking with the rescheduling

Shawna (Me): Matthew (DH): (both in early 20's) | 8/01, 1/03, 9/07: Off Site w/family | 9/15/09-9/23/09: Pop Century Disneymoon w/DH!
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m6b514zwo2i71.png[/img]
Read my Pre-Trip Report : DISNEYMOON: "Honey, you didn't list underwear!"
Old 09-10-2009, 06:29 AM   #41
micknme94
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP!
Old 09-19-2009, 07:05 AM   #42
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

We are back and exhausted but happy! I am going to try and start our TR this weekend. There is so much to tell!!!

A few highlights: Funny Faces, Asking Aurora on a date, the worst possible day ever, the best possible day ever!!!
Old 09-19-2009, 11:00 AM   #43
dax248
Mouseketeer

Welcome Home!

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: