Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2009, 01:58 AM   #1
DisneymoonJess07
I <3 Disney - can I go back now??

"Say Hi to Mickey for Me" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making! *3/4 Second MK Day!

Hello, and welcome to my first trip report! So here we are, one day since getting back from Disney, and I am very excited to be starting my Trip Report!

First things first Ė introductions! This was my first trip to Disney in ten years, and my husbandís first trip in twelve, and on that trip he only went to Epcot, so we basically donít count it. We even got him a ď1st VisitĒ button at the resort, because he really hadnít experienced the Disney magic!

Iím Jessica, 24 years old and I work at a synagogue here in the Chicago area. Iím looking to go into non-profit management here starting in fall 2010.

My husband is Raif, 26 about to be 27 on the 25th of September. He works at the Jewish student organization at a university in Chicago, as their operations manager. He is looking into Rabbinical school to start fall 2010.

We also have two feathered friends, Dehaba and Atarah. Dehaba, meaning gold in Aramaic, is a yellow & green parakeet, and Atarah means crown, since she is blue and white, with a white patch on her head, right where a crown would be. Our lovely friend Melissa took them for our eight days in Disney, and when we brought her a gift back from Disney, she said she didnít think she needed one, since she got to have pets for a week. It was really sweet. However, she did love her gift when we gave it to her.

Here we are

(we were in a friend's wedding, and they had a great photobooth setup with props)

This trip was a very special one for us. Not only had neither of us been there in at least ten years, but this was also our honeymoon! We were married on September 2, 2007 in my husbandís hometown, but since we were both recent college graduates who had just come back from a year abroad and just about to start new jobs, we had no money and no vacation time. So, we decided to wait.

As a bonus, us on our wedding day:

PTR: MAY we go to Disney? Yes we MAY! May 2014
Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Our Pre-Trip Report - 2nd Anniversary Disneymoon Sept. 2009
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 09-08-2009, 06:41 AM   #2
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear about your trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #3
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

Followed you on your pre-trip report and can't wait to read more!

Me DH DS(16) DS(14) DS(11) DS(10) DD(9) DD(7)
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon), OCT 13 CSR (Grand Gathering)
Old 09-08-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Love the pics so far!!! Can't wait to hear how your trip went!
Lx

Excited for Florida June/July 2015

Old 09-08-2009, 02:49 PM   #5
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Hey there!
Old 09-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #6
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Hey Jessica! I can't wait to hear about your trip!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time And those pictures are both GREAT!!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 09-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #7
DisneymoonJess07

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
Can't wait to hear about your trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily View Post
Followed you on your pre-trip report and can't wait to read more!
I'm hoping to get started on the good stuff tonight after our MAJOR grocery shopping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
I'm in! Love the pics so far!!! Can't wait to hear how your trip went!
Lx
Aren't we a good looking couple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Hey there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Hey Jessica! I can't wait to hear about your trip!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time And those pictures are both GREAT!!
Thanks! It's going to be so much fun reliving it! Can't wait!

---

I brought mickey-shaped chocolate covered pretzels for my coworkers, and they were a hit. And yummy!

Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 09-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #8
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

What cute pictures! You two look so cute together! Can't wait to hear all about it!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 09-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #9
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

You're STILL grocery shopping?!?!?! Haha, just kidding!
Old 09-09-2009, 12:36 AM   #10
DisneymoonJess07

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFaeriePrincess View Post
What cute pictures! You two look so cute together! Can't wait to hear all about it!
We are pretty cute, aren't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
You're STILL grocery shopping?!?!?! Haha, just kidding!
We were shopping from like 7 to 9 pm, then we had to eat dinner, and then I had to catch up some more emails and blah blah blah. Yeah, I know you are totally not interested - you just want to get more report. I'll see what I can do!

Booed by n2wdisneyw!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:00 AM   #11
DisneymoonJess07

How This Trip Came to Be

*I promise the next installments won't be so pictureless*

By the time we were both able to take vacation, I was already looking into getting a new job, since the original one was unmanageable, and I got one in July of last year. This of course, again, put a hold on our vacation plans, and since my husbandís job revolves around the school year, it looked like summer would be our best option. Fast forward to February of this year. My parents came to Chicago for the weekend to visit and to see the sites of the city, and they decided to take the train up which seemed like a great idea. They got into town Thursday night, and we were going to a party for some friends who were recently married and they wanted dinner together just the two of them, so we agreed to meet them for coffee and dessert afterwards.

You know what they say about best laid plans! They got into a cab to take them to the restaurant, and a few moments after the guy pulls away, another car pulls out in front of them, and they collide. Since you really have to dig for the seatbelts in Chicago cabs, they didnít have them on yet. My dad hit his knee, arm and head because he was seated slightly to one side, but my mom, being significantly shorter than my dad, hit the partition head on. Sheís on blood thinners due to a clot in one arm, and so she had a terrible nosebleed and it all looked very dramatic. The paramedics got her nosebleed stopped and gave them both ice packs, and a cop came to question them about the accident, I think trying to determine who was at fault. In any case, there was a Starbucks right where the accident took place (of course, itís downtown Chicago, thereís one on every block) and they go in, and the cop paid for coffee for both of them and the Starbucks lady wouldnít take the money since sheíd seen the accident, but he paid her anyway. It was a really nice experience with the cops, considering what had happened!

Anyway, this whole thing put a severe damper on the weekend, since not only did they instead of going out to Greek and meeting up with us later, they called and we came home and fed them scrambled eggs and took good care of them. My poor mom had two matching black eyes and so she didnít want to go out anywhere, even though we had been planning to go out to a great dinner on Saturday. So, Raif and I went to the restaurant we had planned to go to, and then brought the meal down to their hotel and ate with them in their suite, and had a great time anyway. During our evening though, my mom brought up that we hadnít been on a honeymoon yet, and said that we should really try to figure something out for that.

Picking a place for a honeymoon for us was a little more difficult than one would imagine. Weíre Jewish, and we keep kosher, so any place we went would have to be able to accommodate that. I started looking into some all-inclusives, but most of those would cost the earth and although we had more of a budget, $4000 plus $1800 airfare for a week didnít seem right to us. So we kept looking. Eventually, I came back around to an idea Iíd had for a while, about Disney, and then found out about how kosher dining works, and that it would work perfectly with the Dining Plan. I started thinking about the week of our anniversary as a great time to go, and things started rolling from there, especially when I bought my UnOfficial Guide and rejoined the Disboards. I had been a member for a while right when we were beginning wedding planning and thought weíd be able to go on a honeymoon right away. Best of all, with free dining, our total for the vacation came in at just over $2000, and we had an amazing, unforgettable trip. The kind of trip that made my husband realize how stressful he has been finding work and how he needs to work on reducing stress in his life!

Booed by n2wdisneyw!

Last edited by DisneymoonJess07; 09-09-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:07 AM   #12
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you and Raif were able to take this trip. Your mom was right--it was about time you went on your honeymoon I'm so glad you loved it. Can't wait to hear more!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 09-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #13
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Oh gosh, what a horrible thing to happen to your mom and dad! I'm glad they weren't too hurt! Yay for a Disneymoon though!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 09-10-2009, 07:24 AM   #14
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Welcome back Jess! I can't wait to hear how this trip went for you and Raif!

Your wedding picture is beautiful!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #15
DisneymoonJess07

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
I'm so glad you and Raif were able to take this trip. Your mom was right--it was about time you went on your honeymoon I'm so glad you loved it. Can't wait to hear more!
Isn't my mom smart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFaeriePrincess View Post
Oh gosh, what a horrible thing to happen to your mom and dad! I'm glad they weren't too hurt! Yay for a Disneymoon though!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!
They really recovered so well, and they're coming back in like two weeks for a redo of a city trip, so they can actually do things with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Welcome back Jess! I can't wait to hear how this trip went for you and Raif!

Your wedding picture is beautiful!
Thanks for the good comments - I loved my wedding dress so much! And I can't wait to get time to continue to write about the trip!

~~

Good morning ladies! Unfortunately, I have come back to work just at our very busy time, so I'm hoping to start an update tonight. I have all my pictures lined up and ready and I know what I want to write -just a matter of writing them.

BUT I am uploading to photopass tonight! I meant to last night, but my DH was out of town and so I went out with a girlfriend for dinner and we had wine, and then I forgot

Thanks for the great comments though!

Booed by n2wdisneyw!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: