Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2009, 09:30 AM   #661
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Congrats on the new job! Take your time...we know you'll finish it!
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessPaczki View Post
Hi! Thank you so much for sharing your pictures of both your vacations. Aruba looks so beautiful. I love the pictures of your boys, they are so cute. It reminds of vacations with my 2 sons.
You are so sweet! Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Enjoy the weekend...
Thanks Laura, you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Totally understand

Hope you have a nice weekend
Thanks Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
New school? I don't think I remember reading this....
When did you find the time to get moved in?
I found out on 8/25 and got in there on 8/30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Looking forward to your wrap up on this TR and hearing about your new job!
Thanks so much!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #662
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Day 15

On our last day in Disney, we decided to let the boys sleep in! We had a lunch reservation at 12:15 in Epcot so we decided to enjoy our last few hours at the Boardwalk in our room and packing up!

It was Bryan's birthday today too!

Although our trip was long, it was still sad to pack up and know that we were headed home! We said some last goodbyes and took some final balcony pictures!

We left our room and went to the lobby to check our bags with bell services and wanted to weigh our suitcases on the scale they have in the lobby! One of our suitcases was overweight so there I was on the floor of the Boardwalk lobby rearranging dirty clothes from one suitcase to another!!

After we were situated we were off to Epcot! We were meeting Tim and lesley and kids at Teppan Edo for lunch together for Bryan's birthday! First we stopped at the store in Japan and I got to pick a pearl!!

First Bryan and Matthew recreated where they ate lunch the day before and I took a picture!

Some pictures around the store and pearl picking area!

It was EMPTY in the World Showcase!

We then just browsed in the shops of Japan until it was time to meet up with the Tim and Lesley crew!!

Picking a pearl was alot of fun! It was quite embarassing also, they bang a gong once they shuck your pearl and weigh it and of course everyone looks that way! I picked a ring setting, wish I took a picture but I didn't, I had to wait an hour to come and pick it up!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST!

Register to remove

Old 09-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #663
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Day 15 continued!

It was finally time for lunch at Teppan Edo! The boys had never been to hibachi before so I was excited for them to try it! Tim and Lesley and the kids met up with us and we all headed upstairs to eat!

I LOVE this picture, it is Bryan and the kids all waiting to be seated!

The hostess explaining something to the kids!

It was SO NICE to share Bryan's birthday meal with our new friends and the PERFECT way to end our trip!

A group shot!

The boys trying out their chopsticks!

GREAT friends!

Lesley recommend a drink called a Tokyo Sunset so we each ordered one!

OMG, this drink was AWESOME, so light and refreshing...YUMMY!!!

The service at Teppan Edo was OUTSTANDING! The girls that took care of our table before the cook came out were so on the ball. Eric had spilled his drink and befiore one of the ladies could finish cleaning it up, the other one had already brought a new one out!

Lesley enjoying her Tokyo Sunset!

The great thing about being a party of 8 in that restaurant is that we didn't have to share a table with any strangers which made the experience that much more enjoyable! The boys got a kick out of the onion volcano!

Our cook, he was so sweet!

Eric was a little apprehensive about some of the food but realized he LOVED the noodles!

Tim, Luke and Lauren waiting for some food!

When Tim and Lesley made the reservation, they noted that it was Bryan's birthday! So after our delicious meal, Bryan received a mini dessert and singing from the restaurant staff! He was EMBARASSED!

They gave him a chef's hat and the kids had fun trying it on!

It was a GREAT meal, we all had so much fun and the food was OUTSTANDING!!

After lunch, no one was ready to say goodbye so we decided to check out Miyuki the candy lady!

Miyuki is sweet but when you watch her, it is like she is in a trance. She repeats the same thing over and over in the same voice level! All four of our kids got chosen to pick one animal so I think Matthew and Luke picked a dragon!

Matthew watching intently..

All 4 kids with the finished product!

Poor Tim on his ECV, with his bum knee!

The kids tasted the candy with mixed reactions, Matthew thought it was gross and Luke liked it! Luke and Lauren kept it though because I wasn't dragging it through the airport and all!

Well with the candy done, it was time for goodbye!!! It was sad but we knew we would see each other next summer as we planned to be in Disney at the same time again!!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST!

Old 09-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #664
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Day 15 continued!

After we said our goodbyes, we went over to the American Adventure!

I was excited to hear the Voices of Liberty!

The were AMAZING! As we were sitting there, a CM walked up to Bryan and said "excuse me sir where are you from?" Bryan said NJ and the CM said I have a phone call for a Bryan from NJ would you please come with me! So Bryan went with him! Turns out Bryan got a Happy Birthday phone call from Goofy! too cute, you have to LOVE DISNEY!!

After the Voices of Liberty, we went up to see the American Adventure!

We all REALLY enjoyed it!

After the show , we headed over to Germany so Bryan could spend his $75 birthday gift card!

Bryan ended up picking out a $75 beer stein! WHATEVER, it is his money!!! I could have bought more than that but who am I to judge!

After Bryan's purchase, it was time to head back to the Boardwalk for our Magical Express pick up at 6pm!

Back at the Boardwalk, we went to the lobby to get our things from bell services and took some pictures inside the lobby!

At this point it was time to go outside and wait for our bus!

We got on the bus and off to MCO we went!

We arrived at the airport safely and with plenty of time! We breezed through security and made our way to the gate!

Some pics. along the way!

We got to the gate to find out we were delayed!

Matthew passing the time!

Fianlly we boarded about a 1/2 late and then proceeded to sit on the runway for 40 minutes with NO AIR CONDITIONING! It was AWFUL!

Our flight home was HORRIBLE! We flew through lightening the ENTIRE way and the turbulence was AWFUL! The plane dropped a couple of times and I got sick! It was so bad! When we finally landed I swore I was NEVER flying again..........well until I went to Aruba! LOL!

We finally arrived home about 2:00am on 7/6!

It was a WONDERFUL vacation filled with so many incredible memories, that we won't soon forget!

Thanks for following along! Now we turn our attention to our surprise trip for the boys which is less then 2 months away! We are staying at BLT for 5 nights and their grandmothers are both coming too and we will be going to MNSSHP! I cannot wait to see their faces when we surprise them!!

Old 09-07-2009, 10:51 AM   #665
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Loved the last update! I can't believe that you all are still smiling on the way back to the airport. I just can't do that, it's pout city all the way back for me.

Your lunch with Tim, Lesley, Luke and Lauren looked like a great time and it's nice to fill a table in Teppan Edo!

I can't wait to hear about the boy's reaction to the MNSSHP trip coming up so fast! We must be the only ones not doing a fall trip this year. Oh well, I'll try to stop pouting about it.
All I can say is that you are soooo lucky Diane!
Old 09-07-2009, 11:03 AM   #666
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I don't think it matters how long our vacations in Disney are, we are never really ready to come home, I got a tear as I was reading about your wonderful last day

Lunch with the TimandLesley crew....you sure have found some great new friends to vacation with

I agree...$75....think what we would have bought

I am so excited that you're surprising the boys...and selfishly, it means we get to look forward to another great report from you We weren't home a week and Jasmine said that she wants to go next summer even though I had previously said no way. She brought to my attention that was ALL she wanted for graduation....her birthday is next month so she's got it all figured out..she's going to pay half, ask for money for birthday, Christmas and Grad...and she'll be all set. Really, how can I argue with that logic
Old 09-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #667
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Oh man!! Looks like you had so much fun!! Do you have a PTR for the surprise trip?? What will your dates be? That is so awesome!! Your boys are pretty lucky!! I hope I can take my son as often as you guys get to go!! Thats so cool!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR
I Kept My Eyes Open the Whole Time! - Nov 2014 TR

Old 09-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #668
ReneeDisney
Off to Neverland.....

Great ending to a great trip! Looking forward to reading out you upcoming trip to BLT and MNSSHP!!

Old 09-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #669
LuvnDizney
Support research for DMD

What a great end to a wonderful trip!! I cant wait to read about your suprise trip, how exciting for the boys!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful family vacation with us.

Melissa
Old 09-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #670
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

What a great last day you had

Looks like you all had such a good last meal together.

SO nice you found lifelong friends to experience Disney with

So, when are you telling the boys about the surprise trip and how are you telling them?
Old 09-07-2009, 02:51 PM   #671
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Sniff. Sniff. Diane, I am so sad that your TR is over. You will be doing one for your fall trip, right?

What a wonderful last day -- we love Teppan Edo, and how nice that you were able to experience it with Tim, Lesley, Luke, and Lauren. What a great time you had with them all through your trip! Are you all staying at AKV next summer?

I am with you -- I would have bought something other than a beer stein, but like you said, it was Bryan's birthday money.

Too bad about the flight home! It's bad enough leaving Disney, there shouldn't be problems getting home on top of that!
Old 09-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #672
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Awwww, so sorry to see your trip report end, but excited to read your BLT/MNSSHP trip report!! How are you planning to surprise the boys?

Did I somehow miss the bear lady story? Or are you going to let Tim tell that?

Have fun planning your trip!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #673
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Sad your report is over... it was such a fun trip to read all about. Excited to hear about the fall one, it will be here so soon.

What were your thoughts in the Boardwalk... would you stay there again?
Old 09-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #674
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Wonderful ending to your trip. It's always so sad to say goodbye, at least you know you're going back soon. I hope Bryan enjoyed his birthday. Has he used his stein yet?

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 09-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #675
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

What a great way to end your trip. The meal looked wonderful and a lot of fun.

Your fall trip will be here before you know it!!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: