Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #106
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Just lovely fireworks photo in front of the castle...

I agree that Buzz seems less crowded since TSM-which is ashame-its still a really fun ride...I love spinning in the ships too...

So you got nailed by the spitting camel too huh?

Love the HM at dusk...extra creepy...

Sounds like you all had a fabulous day...

(Not liking the sound of your next update...Missing kids...)
Old 09-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #107
luvdumbo
DIS Veteran

Great updates!
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #108
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Now I need to figure out if my camera has a continuous mode or not...I know it has a fireworks mode...but continuous I'm not sure and to make matters worse I'm not sure where I put the user manual CD...so its on my list to find LOL!!

I think I remember you saying you had a Fuji Finepix S2000 (I remember because mine is a Fuji Finepix S1000 ) and yes, you do have continuous mode. There are two buttons on the top of the camera - one toggles face detection on and off, and the other lets you choose various continous mode options.

I loved your update!! What great pictures!!! I'm glad Demetri was able to not only enjoy his favorite once but twice!!!!! Part of the fun of Disney is being able to say you know what I'm going to do that next time!!! I can't wait to read more!!
So true.... my list for next time keeps growing the more trip reports I read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Just lovely fireworks photo in front of the castle...

Thanks!

I agree that Buzz seems less crowded since TSM-which is ashame-its still a really fun ride...I love spinning in the ships too...

How was your score? I think mine was defective....

So you got nailed by the spitting camel too huh?

Yep, smack in the eye.

Love the HM at dusk...extra creepy...

It was sooo weird, I took another shot 10 minutes later and got the same darkness even though it was blindingly sunny!

Sounds like you all had a fabulous day...

(Not liking the sound of your next update...Missing kids...)
Double eek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdumbo View Post
Great updates!
Thanks!
Old 09-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #109
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Oh...you have the same camera as me....or at least close enough!!! That makes you a very valuable asset!! I just PM'd you some questions I hope you don't mind!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 09-06-2009, 10:21 PM   #110
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Another great update and lots of fun pics. How fun Demetri got to be part of the show on the JC!

I still love Buzz Lightyear but the thing that annoys me is the triggers are so hard to use! Dad mentioned something about how it seemed like his gun would work once every three shots. I seriously wish they would redo it so they are like the Disneyland ones. There your guns are attached to a cord so you can pull them out and they light up/vibrate so you know you hit a target. It works a LOT better!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-07-2009, 12:01 AM   #111
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Argg! Can I steal your Fireworks shots? They're so great! I need to figure out how to get my camera to do that - my fireworks shot leaves the shutter open for about 5 seconds, which means they turn out awful...

I love Splash Mountain too! So much more than it's Animal Kingdom counterpart...

(you'll see why soon.)

And I'm glad you're all having a good time - although I am a little leery of the next update.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:16 AM   #112
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

You got soo much done!

They are doing a pretty major rehab of Space Mountain, but not as extensive as the one at DL. SM at DL was closed for over a year.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #113
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Absolutely great firework shots! I have a fireworks setting on my camera but they still don't turn out very well.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #114
DisneyFairy66
I love my Bichon Frise, Dixie Mae! Fan of Daisy Duck!

Great update! Love the Haunted Mansion Pics!!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #115
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Oh...you have the same camera as me....or at least close enough!!! That makes you a very valuable asset!! I just PM'd you some questions I hope you don't mind!
Happy practising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Another great update and lots of fun pics. How fun Demetri got to be part of the show on the JC!

I still love Buzz Lightyear but the thing that annoys me is the triggers are so hard to use! Dad mentioned something about how it seemed like his gun would work once every three shots. I seriously wish they would redo it so they are like the Disneyland ones. There your guns are attached to a cord so you can pull them out and they light up/vibrate so you know you hit a target. It works a LOT better!
I wonder why they would have done it differently? The DL version DOES sound better! I thought I was doing really well picking off targets left, right and center..... but my score says otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Argg! Can I steal your Fireworks shots? They're so great! I need to figure out how to get my camera to do that - my fireworks shot leaves the shutter open for about 5 seconds, which means they turn out awful...

Your shots weren't awful! Have you tried a mini tripod? The fireworks look great in your pics, its the castle that was a teeny blurry. I want to try that next trip, especially for Spectro.

I love Splash Mountain too! So much more than it's Animal Kingdom counterpart...

(you'll see why soon.)

uh-oh

And I'm glad you're all having a good time - although I am a little leery of the next update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
You got soo much done!

They are doing a pretty major rehab of Space Mountain, but not as extensive as the one at DL. SM at DL was closed for over a year.
I can't wait to see the finished product. I've heard rumors of what the changes are and they sound great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Absolutely great firework shots! I have a fireworks setting on my camera but they still don't turn out very well.
That's why I like the continuous option. Out of six shots, on or two are bound to be good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFairy66 View Post
Great update! Love the Haunted Mansion Pics!!!!
Thanks! I loved how creepy and dark the ride looked when everything else was so bright and cheery!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #116
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

the rumored changes to SM do sound great.

Have you seen the pics of the demolition they are doing right now to the old skyway building--CRAZY.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #117
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
the rumored changes to SM do sound great.

Have you seen the pics of the demolition they are doing right now to the old skyway building--CRAZY.
I hadn't seen the pics but looked them up. Wow. I had no clue WDW used to have a Skyway! That stroller parking area by IASW makes more sense to me now. Hope they make it a restaurant but its a shame they couldn't have just converted the existing building.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #118
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
I hadn't seen the pics but looked them up. Wow. I had no clue WDW used to have a Skyway! That stroller parking area by IASW makes more sense to me now. Hope they make it a restaurant but its a shame they couldn't have just converted the existing building.
I wonder why they're demolishing it? If they weren't going to do something with the space why not just leave it? Hopefully, something new is coming.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #119
DisneymoonJess07
I <3 Disney - can I go back now??

So, we just got back from Disney yesterday, and I have loved reading through your trip! I need to start my TR soon! Can't wait to see more!

PTR: MAY we go to Disney? Yes we MAY! May 2014
Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Our Pre-Trip Report - 2nd Anniversary Disneymoon Sept. 2009
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 09-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #120
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneymoonJess07 View Post
So, we just got back from Disney yesterday, and I have loved reading through your trip! I need to start my TR soon! Can't wait to see more!
Hey! Welcome back! Thanks for joining in ... I'll be watching for your TR!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: