Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #1336
emmaca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Way to Go Beth!!!!!Important question what does he think about Disney?????
LOL, I guess that will the deciding point of this relationship LOL,

Hey, Rosie have a great trip, is there room in your luggage for me? LOL
Old 09-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #1337
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
The ship looks lovely Lessa and wow all those desserts they look delicious!

Beth your new man looks lovely

Less I'd be freaking watching your brothers too

The desserts definitely did not disappoint on this trip! I am not a huge dessert person but wow did I love my desserts this trip.

Yeah, Alek and Erich continued their cliff dangling antics on the rest of the hikes. Their response to why was "So Mom will freak out when she sees the pictures.".
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #1338
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Lessa I am there Sept 26-Oct. 3.

Beth- looks like a good catch! As long as he can do Disney!

Love the hiking shots. Were your bros. partaking in a re-enactment of some old warrior stick battle? Btw, I would have been real nervous with someone standing in that crevice too. BAD BROS!!
Old 09-07-2009, 07:58 AM   #1339
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaca View Post
LOL, I guess that will the deciding point of this relationship LOL,

Hey, Rosie have a great trip, is there room in your luggage for me? LOL
Thanks Beth !! I wish there was room for you !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 09-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #1340
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
Lessa I am there Sept 26-Oct. 3.

Beth- looks like a good catch! As long as he can do Disney!

Love the hiking shots. Were your bros. partaking in a re-enactment of some old warrior stick battle? Btw, I would have been real nervous with someone standing in that crevice too. BAD BROS!!
Marking it down. We'll see if Mom and I can pull off a day trip to TO once I get my school and work schedule all sorted.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:19 AM   #1341
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

I opened the door and got my first glimpse of the room that was going to be our home for the next week.

We had booked a Cat 6 stateroom which can sleep up to four people. The queen sized bed can be separated into two twin sized beds, the couch can be turned into a bed and there is another bed that can be pulled down from the ceiling by the stateroom attendant.

I was very pleased. I was a bit afraid ahead of time about how big the room was going to be but really I didn't think it was small at all. It was nice and roomy, plenty of space in there for Mom and I both to spread out and have personal space.

There was also lots of storage room for all our stuff, no worries on that front. The closet had lots of room, there was a dresser and steamer trunk and then the desk also had lots of storage space as well.

This is the steamer trunk

The only part of the room that was a bit cramped was the entry hallway, only one person at a time in that area of the room.

The tv was great. It was on a pull-out stand and could swing around for better viewing according to where you were in the room. So you could adjust to watch from the bed, couch, verandah. Also under the tv is a mini-fridge that was pretty small but could hold a couple bottles of water etc.

Almost all of the rooms on the Disney cruise ships feature what they call split-bathrooms. Basically you have two bathrooms in your room. One has the toilet and a sink and the other has the shower/bath and a sink. This makes it much easier for getting ready in the morning/evening.

The bathrooms were rather small but that is to be expected on a ship, if it had just been one joined bathroom there would have been more room but then you would have lost the advantage of the split bathrooms.

There was a sign over the toilet reminding you to always close the lid before flushing. If you think that Pop Century has turbo toilets just wait until you see these ones!

There was also lots of storage room in the bathrooms.

The blowdryer however is pretty ineffective. Especially for somebody like me. It takes at least 30 minutes to dry my hair with a regular blowdryer. So ladies, if a blow dryer is important to you bring your own!

The bedside lamps

We went out onto the verandah and were so happy to see that it had stopped raining!

View of the room from the verandah

The closet

The safe was located in the closet as well as the lifejackets for the room.

You can see what I mean about Port Canaveral not being all that pretty....

That is the Kennedy Space Center you can see off in the distance. If it had been a nicer day we would have had a better view of it.

Continued in next post.....

Click here to continue

Last edited by Lifelong_Dreamer; 09-07-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #1342
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

More of the bathroom

When you first enter your room you will find waiting for you on your desk the Daily Navigator for the day (schedule of activities), excursion tickets if you booked any before boarding, Onboard credit chits (cash that you can spend onboard that has been placed there by you, your travel agent, Disney etc). We had two chits one from Dreams Unlimited for booking our cruise through them and another from Disney as we had made the reservation through their online booking system. Also there will be a schedule of the movies that will be showing in the movie theatre during your cruise and also a list of the movies that will be showing in your stateroom.

Since I had taken a picture of pretty much every corner of the room we decided to go sit out on our verandah and look over all the information we had been given so far.

We saw Disney buses arriving with more passengers.

So people were just arriving at this point and Mom and I had already boarded, arranged our Palo dining, had lunch and were now relaxing in our room. The advantages of renting a car and arriving early.

The room service menu

You can also order items not on the menu, for instance you can get Mickey ice cream bars through room service and as you can see they are not on the menu. Room service is free of charge and offered 24 hours. There are select items that carry a charge and that will be noted on the menu. So all room service costs you is the tip unless you want one of the "premium" items.

While Mom and I were reading over our info our bags arrived at the room. That was quick!

Mom was going crazy because pelicans and hawks kept flying by and Mom just loves pelicans.

By the time Mom and I had finished going over all the reading material we had been given it was time to get ready for the mandatory safety drill. The ship can not sail unless every passenger attends and is accounted for.

You can see the big letter F on our jackets. That meant we had to report to muster station F. The directions on where to go are clearly marked in your room.

Oh yeah, I had also taken a moment to decorate our door at some point with the magnets I made. I did not go all out like some people do but I did get a lot of comments on it from people passing in the hallway. People really liked the Mickey ears I had made for the door.

I had made an extra pair of ears in case mine got stolen as I had read here on the boards that kids (adults too probably) like to take them from time to time. Luckily that never happened. I had also put our room number on all the magnets to discourage somebody from taking them. Again we didn't experience any sort of problem with people stealing or messing with the magnets.

So Mom and I went off to find our muster station which was located on Deck 4. We were the first people to arrive at our station. We were lined up, tallest in back by cabin number. Since Mom and I were first we got to be at the end of the row and were given the very serious task of not moving an inch no matter who told us to. We soon saw the reason for this as everybody else started to arrive, that deck was packed and each muster group only had a limited amount of space.

I think the drill only lasted a total of 5 minutes, it was really fast and easy. As soon as they released us Mom and I were hurrying back to our room. We had to dump the life jackets in the room and then we were going to hustle on up to deck 10 to grab a good spot for the sailaway party.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #1343
stacopp
Disney Dork

Great update- looking forward to more!
Old 09-07-2009, 10:45 AM   #1344
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacopp View Post
Great update- looking forward to more!
Thanks!
Old 09-07-2009, 10:50 AM   #1345
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

YEA! The real fun is about to begin! How in the world do you make your own magnets? Those are so awesome.

Can't wait for more.

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 09-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #1346
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
YEA! The real fun is about to begin! How in the world do you make your own magnets? Those are so awesome.

Can't wait for more.
It was pretty easy actually. All you need is to go to your local Staples or similar type of store and in the printer paper aisle they will have packages of magnet paper. Then all you have to do is pop it into your printer and print out whatever you have designed.

I will admit that the name magnets and one of the others was actually designed for me by a very nice person on the cruise boards.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #1347
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Do you think cruising will become part of your travelling plans now?

We love to cruise on the DCL, but it's so expensive. We went on the 7 day Eastern in 05 and are not going again until 2012......

I LOVE the rooms. You have to expect small, but really with the privacy curtain, you can separate the living space from the sleeping space.

The bathrooms are so handy with more than 1 person.

I'm glad you took a ton of pix of the room
Old 09-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #1348
wvdislover
DIS Veteran

Hey, Lessa! Sorry I've been gone so long, but life has been crazy for the past several weeks. Looks like I've gotten back just in time for the cruise portion of your TR! We went on the Wonder last year, and stayed in a Cat. 6 cabin, too...in Cabin 6054!!!!! What a small world!!! We LOVED the location! Can't wait to hear all about your cruise...we're planning on doing a 7 night to the Western Carribean next time we cruise!

BTW, I posted a link to my PTR...we leave next week for the World!!! (Not sure how to do it with just the title, though )
July '89--Fort Wilderness; Feb '93--Dolphin, POR; Feb '95--Marriott World Center; Feb '97--Marriott World Center, POR; Feb '99--Marriott World Center; April '02--AS Movies; Feb '03--Gaylord Palms, Hard Rock Hotel; Feb '04--Dolphin, Hotel at Florida Mall; Feb '06--POR, Dolphin; June '06--POP; Sept '07--AKL (a dream come true!!!); Feb '08--Coronado Springs Resort/Marriott World Center; Sept '08--Beach Club/Disney Wonder (our first Disney Cruise!!!); Feb '09--Disneyland; Sept '09--Beach Club; Sept '10--Beach Club (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '11--All-Star Music Family Suites (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '12--Art of Animation (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip for Homeschoolers)
Old 09-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #1349
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Do you think cruising will become part of your travelling plans now?

We love to cruise on the DCL, but it's so expensive. We went on the 7 day Eastern in 05 and are not going again until 2012......

I LOVE the rooms. You have to expect small, but really with the privacy curtain, you can separate the living space from the sleeping space.

The bathrooms are so handy with more than 1 person.

I'm glad you took a ton of pix of the room
I definitely plan on cruising again, don't know when we will get to go again though what with my school expenses. Hopefully it won't be too long a wait!

Really, I didn't think the cabin was all that much smaller than a room at Pop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvdislover View Post
Hey, Lessa! Sorry I've been gone so long, but life has been crazy for the past several weeks. Looks like I've gotten back just in time for the cruise portion of your TR! We went on the Wonder last year, and stayed in a Cat. 6 cabin, too...in Cabin 6054!!!!! What a small world!!! We LOVED the location! Can't wait to hear all about your cruise...we're planning on doing a 7 night to the Western Carribean next time we cruise!

BTW, I posted a link to my PTR...we leave next week for the World!!! (Not sure how to do it with just the title, though )
How funny that you were in the same cabin but on the Wonder. It was definitely a great location, right near the mid-ship elevators.

We will probably do a Western next time as Mom wants to try new ports. We loved the ports that we went to and I would love to return but Mom likes to mix things up.

I'll have to check out your PTR.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #1350
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Your cabin looks nice and bigger than the cabins on the 2 cruises I've been on (Royal Caribbean and Norweigian). Girl--you are REALLY making me want to go on a Disney cruise!! Can't WAIT for another update!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: