Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #16
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Subbing! We were there June 22-July 1!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:13 AM   #17
rainydayplay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Subbing! We were there June 22-July 1!
Thanks for joining! Please forgive me if I'm a little slow on my updates. I fear I may get slower since I actually have to go back to work next week.
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2009, 10:34 AM   #18
rainydayplay
DIS Veteran

Short Update..6/23...Animal Kingdom and Soaking Wet!

After KRR, DD & I decide to watch the raptor show. It was 5 minutes before the performance when we went in. There were places to sit, but nowhere that she could really effectively see. And I'm one of those people who feel that my child should not stand on the bench because some one behind us might not be able to see. Best part: getting brushed on the head by the wings of an owl flying overhead. DD loved watching the birds.

Next, we head for The Festival of the Lion King. We are waiting outside FOREVER, but we're at the front of the line, right? There is a couple near us with a son and daughter close to DD's age. The boy does not seem to want DD playing with him. I think it started when he dropped his stuffed animal and tottered away, and she picked it up to give it back to him. Hrm. At least the parents were good about everything.

We're finally in, and sit in the elephant section. DD has a wonderful time -- we are discovering that she likes the shows MORE than the rides.

As soon as FotLK is over, we make the dash across the park for Nemo. Doors are already open, so there is no line...but....we can only sit in the back. We sit in the very last row so she can stand up and not disturb anyone else's view. I think, of the three shows watched today, this one had to be her favorite. Maybe next time, we should do the lunch thing where you get priority seating down in front. (Assuming they are still offering that whenever next time is, of coursse.)

After Nemo, it's time for Hester & Chester's Dinorama. The line for the ride she can go on is short...and she won't go. Okay. She wants to play games. We buy the expensive tickets. Go to the game that she wants to play, run by CM Bill. While we're waiting for other players, we're talking to him. We tell him that we're here to celebrate her birthday, and he offers her a pin from her lanyard. When there are finally enough people to play, DD thinks I should play, too. We lose the first game, but I won the next one. As soon as he turned to hand the prize to the winner, I snatched her up and put her in my lap, so a big deal was made about HER winning -- not me. (Which is exactly what I wanted. )

We head to another game and use the rest of our tickets up here. I win a stuffed snake for her (which she plays with more than about anything else she got that week...go figure).

And here comes the rain.

Now, we're already soaked still from KRR. And...I left the stroller over THERE. We head for the circle dino ride that I couldn't get her on earlier because they are letting people bunker under the shelter while it rains. I leave DD in the care of the two CMs there while I go running through the rain to get the now soaking stroller. Ugh. Nothing's ruined, though. And we wait out the rain.

*Pause in the action..I said it would be short. Next update will finish out the day, then I will post the day in pictures.*
Old 09-07-2009, 12:11 AM   #19
rainydayplay
DIS Veteran

Wanted to throw in a note that I'm still out here...just haven't had time to update this. Will try to get some updates in soon!
Old 09-07-2009, 01:16 AM   #20
Rebecuberduber
Mouseketeer

Hey, I read your first couple entries and I'm loving it! Keep it up, but I understand why it's taking you a while. No one ever said teaching is easy, right? I'm going back to read more. Just wanted to give you some encouragement!

My trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2274434

Old 10-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #21
rainydayplay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecuberduber View Post
Hey, I read your first couple entries and I'm loving it! Keep it up, but I understand why it's taking you a while. No one ever said teaching is easy, right? I'm going back to read more. Just wanted to give you some encouragement!
Thanks for the encouragement! I just have to get through this week, then I'm on fall break for a whole week! My DD is in a different school system than I teach in, and they only get that Monday and Tuesday for break. We're going out of town for the weekend, then I should have a little time Wednesday through Friday for catching up!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #22
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I'm still here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: