Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #166
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by natale1980 View Post
you are hilarious!!!
Hi Natalie! Glad you are enjoying it! I had alot of fun making flattie Jaime and also taking her picture .
Old 09-06-2009, 11:12 PM   #167
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Day 2 Bub's Burgers and Indy Meet!

Saturday we woke up and lounged around facebooking and reading the DIS.

Shanan and Jason's version of the steeeeeeek!

Shanan looked for another burger joint for lunch. She musta been in a burger mood while she was planning this trip. This time she used Urbanspoon.com and the number 2 rated Indy restaurant is Bub's Burgers & Ice Cream. So we head over to downtown Carmel.

We arrived at 11:10 AM the place opens at 11:00 AM and by 11:30 AM the place had a wait!!
See all the people waiting behind me?

Hmmm....what size burger shall we order?

Well, since Shanan is sharing with me let's order the 11 oz.

Jason and I relaxing and waiting for our food on the outside patio.

Yum a chocolate milkshake...this was Shanan's 2nd favorite shake she has ever had. Number 1 being Schoop's.

YUM!

This burger is HUGE!

Shanan and I couldn't even finish the whole thing!

Another fabulous find! Now we were on our way to the DISmeet! On the way there we stopped at a Meijer to pick up a cheese tray and some crackers.

We get there a little before 1pm and immediatley see...

(that stinker tricked us!)

I head over to check out the silent auction items and look around at the various things to do.

Ooooo...I want this

and this (Bob's homemade keychains)

Kids Korner

We go up to the front table and fill out name tags and get our tickets for the raffle drawing that will be held at the top of every hour.
We also get our scavenger hunt sheets...and start walking around the room and meeting fellow DIS enthusiasts!

After we filled out our scavenger hunt sheet we turned it in for another raffle. We also bought some tickets for the 50/50 raffle. We like raffles!!

Ok, first things first, gotta get a Dole Whip!

Hanging out with some of the gang...

The 1st drawing at 2:00 pm.

Jason started in on Brandie's cupcakes...it wasn't until the 5th one he discovered that there were other flavors.

Kids playing hot potato.

Shanan and I were wanting some more food...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2009, 11:13 PM   #168
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

2nd half of the DISmeet

Shanan brought her pins and pin traded a bit and talked to some other DISers about pins.

Now it was time for some kid activities! How to draw a character.
Like Disney's Art of Animation class...so Tonya, Shanan and I decide to attend.

She was a very good teacher!

Shanan and I played Bingo next. That was fun! We liked the Bingo cards.

Shanan's number was drawn for a lovely Dunkin Donuts gift basket that was put together by Aaron's mother. It was lovely and I even came home with a prize.

What number cupcake is this!?!?

Shanan wants to try the fondant and get to the center where the Rice Krispies are .

It is close to 5pm and there is a mad dash for the snipes to come in and steal the items away from the high bidders!
We won the Bob key-chains, a Club 33 key-chain, and Disney's Christmas Carol plush dolls. Since there were 3 key-chains and Tracey, Tonya and Shanan wanted them we split them up.

Tonya won the restaurant review with Kevin and John and Tracey won the signed shirt!

Gotta have our Dole Whips for Bawb!

The end of a great meet! It just was over too fast. Thanks for all the work Aaron, Kim and Anna!! We can't wait for next year!
Old 09-06-2009, 11:14 PM   #169
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Saturday night and Sundy Morning!

So it is only 6pm and we have the place cleaned up. None of us go to bed at 7pm...so a few of us that don't have any plans for the evening head over to where else....Houlihan's

Wow, those tiles are going to hurt later.

These are some BIG drinks!

Shanan and Jaime Martini tasting part 2!

We all order appetizers or something small...
Jason goes with the Asian Chicken Noodle Bowl

Shanan orders the lettuce wraps

We have a good time chatting away then we walk down to some of the shops to burn off some of our meal and alcohol.

We stop into a doggie shop. Are these thongs for your dog?

Next we head into Borders Tonya and Brandie want to check out the Twilight section. Someone has a crush on Edward

Borders is closing and we still don't want to leave each other so we decide to hang out in the hotel lobby and have a DATL/Twilight tutorial/Legally Blonde sing-a-long.
Before:

After:

(anyone want to go swimming)

Tracy and Bill joined us for a little bit and we had a fun time talking and exchanging 's. Shanan, Jason and Tracey learned alot about the Cullen's. We left to go home at 2 am. We had to rest up for the last meet we have a brunch scheduled for 10:30 am at Stone Creek.

We made it! Shanan wasn't feeling to well though.

These pictures are Tracey's

Our group for Brunch.

Food

Our group from DATL

Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company....

See you real soon! But not soon enough!
We had a great weekend!! Hanging with DISers is the best!

Jaime wanted some ice cream and a shake on the way home.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!
Old 09-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #170
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Now back to our regularly scheduled TR already in progress...
Old 09-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #171
aaronmckie
actual name: Jason
Don't judge me by tonight

Wow, you left a LOT out from the DATL event... it's probably for the best
Old 09-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #172
winotracy
This is NOT an ask Tracy question!
Moi??? Talking too much?!? How can that be?
Skeet Shooting is not, I repeat not on our Disney Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmckie View Post
Wow, you left a LOT out from the DATL event... it's probably for the best
All I remember is "you need a hug", "I love you....I said, I love you!" "do you like me" and "I feel sorry for you".
Old 09-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #173
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by winotracy View Post
All I remember is "you need a hug", "I love you....I said, I love you!" "do you like me" and "I feel sorry for you".
That about sums it up! I hope you are having a fun time in Miami!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:04 PM   #174
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by natale1980 View Post
That's awesome! I want one of those hats for Dexter! He would love it!!!
Tepen Edo is a 'MUST DO' on every Disney Vacation! Glad you had fun!

-nat
The hat was surely a hit! Yes I think we will be going to Teppan Edo every trip now as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I'm so glad you got to experience Teppan Edo - my fav restaurant! I just love the DDP when you order a $30 dinner off the menu and don't have to bat an eye at the price

Loved the birthday boy's hat
I agree you can't beat the DDP for Teppan Edo!! Why didn't I know you sooner!?!? I would have tried it sooner .
Old 09-11-2009, 10:10 PM   #175
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Alright, so where we were?? Oh yes...we just had lunch at Teppan Edo! YUM!! And now it is time to enjoy some of the flower and garden festival as we head back to meet up with Aaron and Nana in the Mexico Pavilion.

What a lovely view of Spaceship Earth

Funny story about the Tricky Trolls of Norway: One of the first times we went to WDW as I couple I believe it may have been our second time when I was 5 months pregnant with Aaron and I couldn't ride on many of the rides I was doing a tour of performances. Well, the sign in front of Norway said the Tricky Trolls of Norway and then underneath said the times. I really wanted to see the Tricky Trolls of Norway perform so we sat there for a while until Jason realized that they were talking about the ride Malestrom and the times were for the Norway band. DOH! The Tricky Trolls got me! They sure are tricky!

YAY! We finally meet up with Aaron and Nana and we ride the Gran Fiesta tour.

Someone is tired of me taking pictures! Get use to it! This is nothing yet! Now I must report about my Trips from now on .

I pin trade for a bit in the Mexico Pavilion while they go on the ride two more times! Aaron liked this one too!
Aaron is now getting pretty tired, he hasn't taken a nap yet. We head over to the Odyssey for a little break.

Oh wow this is pretty!

Break time!

Ooooh a pretty bird opening his wings!

We decide to check out the butterfly house.

I wasn't too impressed with this exhibit, it was rather small. I have been to a better one at the Frederick Meijer Garden's in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Next stop the Fairy playground! Ooooo! Aaron isn't impressed yet!

I loved all the little furniture and fairy houses....oh and they have their own method for transportation.

Where is Eeyore? I see some thistles!!

Aaron loves slides!

By now Aaron is really pooped out! So we ride Spaceship Earth with Aaron and Nana, and I get to sit with Aaron! He really enjoyed this ride too!

Nana takes Aaron back to Pop for a nap and Jason and I head over to Ellen's Energy Adventure for Momma's Nap!

I snap a picture of this, because Aaron loved playing with the silver screws and saying "Button, button"

Alrighty, nap time!

The ride is over and we head out to the Wonders of Life Pavilion to see all the cool things there are to learn about gardens.....ok maybe not...or maybe not yet.....I am not really old enough...nor do I have the land yet to care about a garden....but maybe one day.

Who knew that there are so many different kinds of soils you can use for planting?!?

I wonder how much she is getting paid to talk about bird feeders?

Disclaimer: I maybe editing this post later. I wrote all of this from pure memory and Jason may have some things to add. My notes ended as of yesterday! Eeek!

Last edited by A.Mickey; 09-11-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:40 PM   #176
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Ohhh....upon walking out of the Wonders of Life I see a good picture opportunity....

Why did they shut down the Wonders of Life? Why do they take all good things away from us in Epcot......well almost all the good things....at least we still have the slushies! Oh, we are getting to that soon! It is almost DATW time!

Another perrrty picture.

We decide to head through both Innoventions (wow is that a hard word to spell...I kept wanting to spell interventions!)

I wanna see alot of shows that I missed last time....the Hurricane one had a big group of people going in so I passed on this one now. Ohhh the velcro show is starting soon! So I decide to see that...Jason doesn't want to see the show! (Now I don't blame him!) The highlight of the show:

(for some reason these babies falling off this conveyor belt was the funniest thing to me?!?)

Hey look its a Pig!

And it is almost 5 o'clock.....we head over to the Canada Pavalion and decide to see the show O'Canada they updated it since the last time we saw it.

When we get out of the show we head over to a group of DISer's by the beer cart! Let the madness commence!

Last edited by A.Mickey; 09-21-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:54 PM   #177
Tonya2426
Follow me to the next stop for a tasty treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post

When we get out of the show we head over to a group of DISer's by the beer cart! Let the madness commence!
Thank goodness you don't have any notes for this part of the trip.

DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 12/12/10 ~WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2010 ~ABD Backstage Magic w/DIS Unplugged - 4/13/10 ~ WDW - Pop/Dolphin - Dec 2009- DAP ~ - WDW -Oct 2009 -F&W- SSR ~ DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 5/10/09 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2008- Mousefest ~ WDW- DTD Hilton - Sept 18, 2008 -MNSSHP ~ WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2008 ~ WDW- ASSports/Swan- April 2008 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2007- MVMCP - WDW - Oct 2007 -MNSSHP- ASMusic ~ Surprise WDW Birthday Trip - August 2007 - PPP - SSR ~ DCL Wonder - 4 day - 5/27/07 ~ WDW - SOG - March 2007 ~ WDW - Marriott World Ctr- January 2007 ~ WDW - SOG - October 2005 ~ WDW - Grandma's House - April 2005 ~ Contemporary Resort Merchandise CM - 1989 ~ Lost count of WDW visits since Grandma lived in Orlando since before the park was opened and I was there the year the MK opened - they had a chance to purchase the original WDW stock but thought it was too risky so they turned it down - darn, I could have been an heiress
Old 09-12-2009, 12:08 AM   #178
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya2426 View Post
Thank goodness you don't have any notes for this part of the trip.
Hi Tonya!!!!!! I miss ya!

Yeah, I am going to have to rely on my memory!!
Old 09-12-2009, 12:57 AM   #179
Tonya2426
Follow me to the next stop for a tasty treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post
Hi Tonya!!!!!! I miss ya!

Yeah, I am going to have to rely on my memory!!
I miss you too!!! It is hard to believe it has been almost a week since we saw each other last. I need to get busy on my trip report.

DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 12/12/10 ~WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2010 ~ABD Backstage Magic w/DIS Unplugged - 4/13/10 ~ WDW - Pop/Dolphin - Dec 2009- DAP ~ - WDW -Oct 2009 -F&W- SSR ~ DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 5/10/09 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2008- Mousefest ~ WDW- DTD Hilton - Sept 18, 2008 -MNSSHP ~ WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2008 ~ WDW- ASSports/Swan- April 2008 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2007- MVMCP - WDW - Oct 2007 -MNSSHP- ASMusic ~ Surprise WDW Birthday Trip - August 2007 - PPP - SSR ~ DCL Wonder - 4 day - 5/27/07 ~ WDW - SOG - March 2007 ~ WDW - Marriott World Ctr- January 2007 ~ WDW - SOG - October 2005 ~ WDW - Grandma's House - April 2005 ~ Contemporary Resort Merchandise CM - 1989 ~ Lost count of WDW visits since Grandma lived in Orlando since before the park was opened and I was there the year the MK opened - they had a chance to purchase the original WDW stock but thought it was too risky so they turned it down - darn, I could have been an heiress
Old 09-13-2009, 07:41 AM   #180
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm all caught up again! 7 times so far on IASW? I'm curious to find what the final count will be....

I LOVE your Jaime flattie. She has clothing options!!! Looks like it was a great meet.

Epcot all decked out for the F&G festival is so beautiful-you got some great pictures!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: