Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #211
melly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNylund View Post
HP is gearing up to be a disappointment for me, unfortunately, I can't believe that they are going to re-name DD and the Flying Unicorn to give it HP themes. That is just kind of lame to me. I think they should have just added new attractions, and not messed with the Lost Continent area at all.

Also, if the FU and DD are going to be the main attractions at HP, that is kind of like saying, hey honey I bought you a new car, come look. Wait honey, that looks like my same old Dodge Pacer from 1977, no see I painted it and put a new name on the side, called Ferrari F-50, see its new and exciting now.

its funny really because I expressed this opinion a number of pages back on this thread and got flamed for it.

Despite what anyone says when you cut through all the guff and the hype that started off as a "new park" then a "park within a park" the real deal is that 1 new ride is coming along with a few coats of paint on existing rides.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #212
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
HP is gearing up to be a disappointment for me, unfortunately, I can't believe that they are going to re-name DD and the Flying Unicorn to give it HP themes. That is just kind of lame to me. I think they should have just added new attractions, and not messed with the Lost Continent area at all.

Also, if the FU and DD are going to be the main attractions at HP, that is kind of like saying, hey honey I bought you a new car, come look. Wait honey, that looks like my same old Dodge Pacer from 1977, no see I painted it and put a new name on the side, called Ferrari F-50, see its new and exciting now.
Not sure where you got the idea that FU and DD are going to be the main attractions. I would say that Hogwarts and the new ride will be the main attraction. Hogmeade, in all its glory, should be pretty cool too.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #213
Caribbeanprincess
Princess of the Caribbean Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by melly View Post
its funny really because I expressed this opinion a number of pages back on this thread and got flamed for it.

Despite what anyone says when you cut through all the guff and the hype that started off as a "new park" then a "park within a park" the real deal is that 1 new ride is coming along with a few coats of paint on existing rides.
As an HP fan for years, the appeal for me is not the rides but rather the theming of the area. I look forward the most to FINALLY be able to go inside Hogwarts and various other places in the magical world. That's where the true magic is.

Me 25 ~[SIZE="1"][COLOR="lime"]Trips: April 1996 - Offsite ~ July 1998 - Offsite ~ April 2006 - Offsite ~ December 2007 - Offsite ~ December 2008 -Disney's BoardWalk Inn ~ June 2009 - Disney's AllStar Music ~ December/January 2010-2011 - Disney's AllStar Movies ~ December 2011 - Pop Century ~ December 2012 - Pop Century
Old 09-03-2009, 09:06 AM   #214
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbeanprincess View Post
As an HP fan for years, the appeal for me is not the rides but rather the theming of the area. I look forward the most to FINALLY be able to go inside Hogwarts and various other places in the magical world. That's where the true magic is.
I echo a bit of both these sentiments. While I *DO* agree with you and *AM* looking very forward to the theming, Hagrid's hut, Hogsmeade, etc. etc. and I'm "okay" with what they're doing "attraction-wise"... it DOES greatly annoy me that their stupid marketing went on about a "Park within a Park" and made it sound a whole lot bigger than it's going to be.

That being said... I can't wait to step foot into the Wizarding World and will go next year when I'm in Orlando if it's even half-open as some reports have suggested.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #215
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I don't think the coasters are the main attractions just nice additions to the new area. Universal certainly isn't advertising them as such.

BTW...The Pacer was made by AMC not Dodge. I remember the commercials for the Pacer with the really long sub sandwich inside the car showing how wide the car was.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:52 AM   #216
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

Since we have never been to IOA (or US) I look forward to it......I just hope it is open when we go next July!

CBR - 1996 (June), 1997 (Feb), 2007 (July)
Dolphin - 2003 (April) 2008 (Mar), 2009 (July),
2010 (July)
Beach Club - 2012 (July)
Wilderness Lodge - 2013 (July)
Royal Pacific - July 2010
Portofino - July 2012
Old 09-03-2009, 10:49 AM   #217
SNylund
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
I don't think the coasters are the main attractions just nice additions to the new area. Universal certainly isn't advertising them as such.

BTW...The Pacer was made by AMC not Dodge. I remember the commercials for the Pacer with the really long sub sandwich inside the car showing how wide the car was.
Yeah I couldn't remember? But you get my point.

I will certainly give HP all benefits of the doubt and certainly hope they will create brand new attractions for HP, I'm sure it will be cool, was just hoping that it would have about 2 big new rides.

I was never a fan of tearing down any part of the LC and annexing it into HP, thought the Enchanted Oak was a work of art and should not have been messed with etc., but oh well, it is what it is going to be. A new HP land is better than no new land at all.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:22 PM   #218
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Disneyhead, Orlando United

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyhead
There has been no confirmation from Universal that there will in fact be a MagiQuest based attraction. As a matter of fact, there has been very little actual info regarding anything in TWWOHP. But there has been confirmation that there will be and interactive attraction. There have been some very strong rumors (rumor that Uni has signed a contract with Creative Kingdom) and tidbits of info (Walk-tru mentioned in the announcement video, Emily Watson saying that the "ride" film she worked on is an interactive attraction, And in the concept art for the 3 Broomsticks there are kids with wands and a Marauders maps which is very similar to how the kids playing MagiQuest look while playing, with the wand and quest book, And then the poll question about what type of wand would you prefer, and trademark for the park that includes Ollivander's) out there that make me pretty sure that there will be. And as to where it will be located I am pretty sure that the Robobcoaster attraction will be in the huge block building that is basically the back of the Hogwarts castle with the queue being in the block structure on the left that has the huge metal structure on the front and the circular turret already on the side. And the MagiQuest based walk-thru game will be in the front of the structure and in the smaller block section on the right side of the front of the castle where you enter the castle. Also I do know for a fact there will be a Defense against the Dark Arts Classroom but I don't know if it is going to be part of the interactive game or the "theater" for the rumored special FX heavy magic show that I have heard may be called Hogwarts: An Introduction to Magic. Which could be in the block structure on the right side of the castle. Leaving just the center part of the front of the castle for the game. But the center portion alone is pretty sizable and several stories (at least 4 stories) tall.
I also believe there will be a shop in Hogsmeade where you buy the wands and wand bling that also has a room that will have a training movie/preshow that Emily Watson was refering to. And that is based on how the 2 MagiQuest attractions that I have been to are set up.

Then again I could be completely wrong. I just compile rumors, tidbits of info, and things I have heard into something that makes sense to me and then throw it out there. But DO keep in mind that as of now everything you hear from anybody concerning TWWOHP is rumor, conjecture, and secondhand info.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:09 AM   #219
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Disneyhead, Orlando United
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyhead
Todays Update:

OMG!!! you can see it from CityWalk and Universal is ruining my life!!!

And OMG!!!! It towers over The Discovey Center!!

Old 09-06-2009, 01:12 AM   #220
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Felipe, Orlando United

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe
Hi everyone! I'm posting for the first time even though I've been following these forums for a looooooooong time! I wanted to share this with y'all:

Universal preparing to pull back the curtain on Harry Potter
posted by Jason Garcia on Sep 3, 2009 2:07:38 PM
Universal Orlando is preparing to reveal new details about the hugely anticipated Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

The resort has begun sending out invitations for a Sept. 15 webcast promising a "first-ever glimpse" ot the Wizarding World, which is supposed to open sometime during the first half of 2010. A spokesman for Universal declined to elaborate on the event.

(From Orlando Sentinel - http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/bus...ry-potter.html)

AND...

New details about Wizarding World coming September 15th
Warner Brothers and Universal Studios have long been quiet about the upcoming Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park in Orlando, Florida since they announced it two years ago.

Now though, it looks like some big details are about to emerge. As The Orlando Sentinel reports, Universal has been sending out invitations to various members of the press for an event in Orlando on September 15th.

MuggleNet is one of those members invited and we will be providing full coverage of the event! In the mean time, check out all we got on the Theme Park right here.
Posted by Andrew on Sep 3rd

(From HP fansite Mugglenet.com - http://mugglenet.com/app/news/show/2795)

CAN'T WAIT TILL Sept. 15!!! :happy:

Btw, I'm a HUGE Harry Potter and Universal fan! hehe!
Old 09-06-2009, 04:01 AM   #221
Clifton
Earning My Wizardhat

Hey Don, 13th pic says you're busted lol
1st trip to MK (late 80's), HS/MGM-Studios (94), MK (97), Night of Joy MK (97), AK (98 when everythings new lol), Epcot (97), Night of Joy (98), Night of Joy (99), Grad Nite MK (00), AK, Epcot, HS, MK solo (07), Park hop AK, MK, Epcot (7/24/07 Bday), Park hop AK, Epcot and MK (4/08), AK (4/09), MK, Epcot, AK, DHS (2011)
Old 09-06-2009, 08:50 AM   #222
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton View Post
Hey Don, 13th pic says you're busted lol
I don't believe Don is taking these pictures but is just bringing them over from Orlando United so people here don't have to surf the net to find current pics.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:55 PM   #223
Disney_Lover06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I agree 100%! I can't wait for the to feel the atmosphere of the magical world!
Old 09-06-2009, 02:08 PM   #224
ellenmiele

Mouseketeer

Can I hope to visit WWoHP during our April 2010 trip or is it scheduled to open farther out than that?

5/02(Poly),4/03(Poly),4/04(WL),10/04(BW),4/05(CR),4/06(AK and GF),4/07(BCV),12/07(SSR), 6/08 (DCL Wonder and BWV), 4/09 (SSR and Poly), 4/10 (AKV-Kidani Village and BLT) 4/11 (Universal HRH for WWoHP and then HHI villas), 4/12 (OKW), 11/12 (BWV for Grandma and Grandpa's 50th anniversary!), 3/13 (OKW), and next we sail the Dream then head on to the Villas at the Grand Floridian!

WL FLAG FAMILY 4/18/04
Old 09-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #225
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenmiele View Post
Can I hope to visit WWoHP during our April 2010 trip or is it scheduled to open farther out than that?
Universal has not released the official opening date...anything you hear is pure speculation.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: