Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #571
JoJo1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
We are going to be going on 12/3 as well....already have the tickets....maybe we will see you there
That's great! Say Hi if you see me

Can you book tickets for the party online or do we have to phone?
JoJo1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #572
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo1980 View Post
That's great! Say Hi if you see me

Can you book tickets for the party online or do we have to phone?
I don't know if UK is different, but here in the States you can get them online. Go to Special Events on WDW webpage and follow the links to MVMCP
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

MadilynnsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2009, 06:42 AM   #573
dazednconfused
DIS Veteran

It's great to see more who're planning to attend MVMCP! This will be our 2nd trip to WDW and we're thrilled!

Our ADRs:

B'fast
Cape May Cafe
Lilo & Stitch

Lunch
Biergarten (Candlelight Processional Package)

Dinner
Crystal Palace
1900 Park Fare
California Grill (7p.m. ADR with Wishes starting at 8p.m.!!!)
Sci Fi
Hoop Dee Doo Revue
MaMa Melrose
Garden Grill

As you all can see, we're planning to do CS and Snack credits for most of our b'fasts and lunches. It's our 1st time on the Dining Plan (Free Dining!). Hopefully, all will go well.

JoJo1080,
We reside overseas too and I managed to book our MVMCP tickets via the Disney website. We'll be collecting them when we actually get to WDW.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #574
Grandma4ever
One day closer and still counting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazednconfused View Post
Lunch
Biergarten (Candlelight Processional Package)
OK what is the "candlelight Pocessional Package"? I make my ressies in one week and I have to know. Thanks, Lois
Land & sea/ Carribean Beach / Wonder 8/03; WDW POP Century & Magic 8/04 (Eastern); Magic 10/05 (Eastern / Halloween); Magic 9/06 (Eastern); WDW 9/2/07 Port Orleans FQ & Magic 9/8/07 (Western) ; WDW 9/20/08 POP Century, Magic 9/27/2008 Alternative Western, & 10/04/2008 Western; All Star Music 7/8/09, All Star Music 12/9/09, Disneyland 5/19/10 to 5/23/10, Magic 10/23/2010 (Eastern) & Magic 10/30/2010 (Western) 9/14/12 POFQ & 9/22/12 (Eastern) Fantasy, 10-25-2014 (Western) & 11-1-2014 (Eastern) Fantasy Mouser

Grandma4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:44 AM   #575
Disney Spaz
DIS Veteran

We are going Dec 20th-Jan 2nd. We bounce between BLT and AKV. So we can't start booking ARD's until the 21st of Sept. Congrats to all of you who got what you needed to book.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #576
dazednconfused
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma4ever View Post
OK what is the "candlelight Pocessional Package"? I make my ressies in one week and I have to know. Thanks, Lois
Lois,
The Candlelight Processional takes place in Epcot (World Showcase) during the Christmas season. It's a beautiful concert featuring a celebrity who reads out the Christmas story. And there're many choirs from the Orlando area and some from other states that sing. They're holding candles during the whole concert. The concert is free to all Epcot visitors. But, it's really popular and waiting in line to get in doesn't guarantee that you'll actually get into the theatre at all. The only way to guarantee that you get to watch one of the performances is to buy a Candlelight Processional Lunch or Dinner Package. Not all Epcot restaurants qualify. A list of restaurants that offer these packages is available somewhere here on the disboards. Those who purchase the special packages will be given stickers which the cast members will look out for. People with stickers will be separated from those without and you would not believe the lines of people waiting to enter the theatre! It's beyond crazy. So I bought a CP lunch package. I believe this year, packages include entry to a special viewing area for IllumiNations. I hope this info helps.

Last edited by dazednconfused; 09-04-2009 at 10:12 AM.
dazednconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:58 PM   #577
mrskckitty
Earning My Ears

We're in double digits!!! 99 days until we do our split stay at Saratoga Springs and Grand Floridian. I can't wait!!!!!!

April 1986 WDW off property September 1989 Disneyland Hotel October 1996 CBR
December 1998 WDW off property May 2001 CSR November 2002 ASMusic
October 2003 Paradise Pier Hotel August 2005 DL off property
October 2007 POR January 2009 SSR December 2009 SSR/GF
October 2011 GCH
mrskckitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:39 PM   #578
princesslover
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! We're going Nov30-December 7.

I was up early and made my ADR's at 6:00 am on Sept. 1. Here's what we got. I have two daughers, 6 and 3, as you will note as you see my ADR's.

Nov30 - 1900 PF dinner at 6:00
Dec 1 - Akershus dinner at 4:55
Dec2 Whispering Canyon at 6:40 (we're staying at WL)
Dec 3 - Crystal Palace dinner at 5:55
Dec 4 - Chef Mickey's breakfast at 8:15
Dec 5 - 'Ohana dinner at 5:25 - wishes at 6:30
Dec 6 - CRT late breakfast at 10:35 (DD3's birthday!!!!!! )

We're thrilled. We're on the free dining plan too.

We're doing MVMCP on December 6. I chose it because it was our last night there, and I figure if I'm going to keep my girls up late, better to be the last night so I won't have to worry about them being overtired the next day!! Plus, it' s DD's birthday too, so that should be fun.

Glad to hear everyone got mostly everything they wanted!!!
princesslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #579
cat83
Mouseketeer

Joining in the dance

We will be at CSR the week after Thanksgiving- it will be our first stay at this resort.
Made our ADRs last weekend- got everything we wanted as well!

We will eat at:
Crystal Palace (dinner beginning of trip, breakfast end)
Garden Grill
Boma (breakfast)
Mama Melrose
Le Cellier
1900 Park Fair (breakfast- have only done dinner here!)
'Ohana (dinner)
Whispering Canyon Cafe

As far as walk ups and snacks go, we are always trying to find somewhere different and new (to us), but also stick to some favorites (like Backlot Express at DHS, or Tangierine Cafe in Epcot.)

I'm so excited!
cat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:33 AM   #580
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran

ADR success!

Was online at 4AM MDT, everything worked for me, although some people reported website problems this morning. Got everything we wanted, on the day we wanted and all within an hour of the time we wanted. I did the ones that are traditionally harder to get first and planned them for towards the end of our trip.

Dec 5th- Arrive, head to DTD and graze
Dec 6th- Tusker House-lunch
Trails End- dinner
Dec 7th- Sci-Fi Diner-lunch
Cape May-dinner
Dec 8th- Grand Floridian Cafe - early dinner then MVMCP
Dec 9th- Crystal Palace-breakfast
Ohana - dinner
Dec 10th- Boma -dinner
Dec 11th- Yachtsman Steak House-dinner
Dec 12th- Biergarten-dinner
Dec 13th- Le Cellier-dinner

We have 9 TS credits and 12 TS ADRs so will pay OOP for the 3 cheapest. Hope veryone did as well as we did, and good luck to those who still have to make their ADRs.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #581
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Hi everyone!

I went to visit my sister this weekend and we had a WDW December 'planning party'!
We wore our Minnie Ears while making a draft of 'The Plan' ... our ADR day is this Thursday so we needed to get out thoughts together!

We are so excited about our plan for park days & restaurants!!

Hoping to get reservations at:

Kouzzina (dinner)
Tusker House (breakfast)
'Ohana (dinner)
Coral Reef (+ Candlelight Processional package)
Paradiso 37 (dinner)
1900 Park Fair (breakfast)

We have MVMCP tickets for December 11th, hoping to catch some Disney podcast meets... and we're planning to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour in MK too!!

We're so excited.. it finally feels 'real' that we're going to WDW together!

Barbie x x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:47 PM   #582
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Booked my ADRS this a.m.
I first thought that I could only do my first day, since we have a split stay (one night and four nights). But online let me do more, so then I called to book our group of 12. Didn't get all my first choices, but it's not too bad.
12/5 - CS
12/6
Kona lunch (just us four)
Crystal Palace dinner (all 12)

12/7
Teppan Edo dinner (all 12 - 2 groups of 6 at same time)

12/8
Tutto Italia late lunch (all 12 but have to drop 4)
LeCellier (4 - the ones who've never been there - not me!)

12/9 - CS

12/10
Ohana Breakfast (all 12)

We're not doing the Candlelight Processional package - too many TS and too expensive. We'll just try to see some of it from the back/side. We are trying to get to Fantasmic on 12/8, but will not go to the park until 4.
I'm going to have to hand out detailed instructions on parks/adrs to everyone!! I sure hope they appreciate it!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:58 PM   #583
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Booked my ADRS this a.m.
I first thought that I could only do my first day, since we have a split stay (one night and four nights). But online let me do more, so then I called to book our group of 12. Didn't get all my first choices, but it's not too bad.
12/5 - CS
12/6
Kona lunch (just us four)
Crystal Palace dinner (all 12)

12/7
Teppan Edo dinner (all 12 - 2 groups of 6 at same time)

12/8
Tutto Italia late lunch (all 12 but have to drop 4)
LeCellier (4 - the ones who've never been there - not me!)

12/9 - CS

12/10
Ohana Breakfast (all 12)

We're not doing the Candlelight Processional package - too many TS and too expensive. We'll just try to see some of it from the back/side. We are trying to get to Fantasmic on 12/8, but will not go to the park until 4.
I'm going to have to hand out detailed instructions on parks/adrs to everyone!! I sure hope they appreciate it!
It all looks great! Thanks for wishing us all luck - I get to do mine tomorrow!!! Check out my PTR tomorrow to see what I was able to snag!
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

MadilynnsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #584
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

glad that everyone got what they wanted. I only did NOT get Le Cellier!!! No matter what time/day I put in it was full. I was going to get on at 6, buy wasn't feeling that great and got on a little after 7. The online thing kept having a glitch!! I was on till about 8:30. Everything else was good--I will keep checking until my departure for cancellations. The only one i will probably change is the ressie for Tonys. I have it for thur before the MVMCP...I wanted to do that earlier, but I could only get 5:45....but, if that's all I can get we'll just have to leave it!
I will post my itenarary later for ya'll to look and see what you think!! I am coming in on Sat 5th---just like Sheree...we are doing MK at rd on Sunday...gonna stay until Park closes for party. Hopefully Gracie and I will be at TT rope drop 9:45 so we can get to Pixie Hollow!! I am so excited about that!! We are doing something like Cosmic Rays for lunch, then we have Cindys Royal Table at 6:45!!! So, we should be to the room in time for baths and watching Wishes from the balconey!!! I think this will be an awesome day!!!! I am pumped about this day!!! Now...if I can get through halloween! Ha!!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:40 PM   #585
StrawberryMin
Mouseketeer

only 88 days to wait!

[/url]
StrawberryMin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: