Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2009, 09:10 AM   #1
Lizzy Lemon
DIS Veteran

Simpsons returned - MK opening, Epcot,Spirit of Aloha Day 16

Saturday 1st August 2009

Very few notes made today so will have to rely on memory - that's bad.

I know I was determined to do a park opening at Disney even if it meant going on my own, and it did this morning!!! Left the others snoring and made my lonely way down to the launch an into MK.

These hoops were laid on the floor together with some Mickey confetti in the same shape. Many people were admiring them until a little girl came and helped herself to all 3 hoops and walked off with them, a chap close to me asked her if they belonged to her but she ignored him and went back to her family. I'm glad I wasn't the only one a bit miffed, my children wouldn't have been allowed to spoil things for another family to enjoy but hey ho, chill out its Disney. You can see the time on the clock and I'd already been there 15 minutes, nothing happened until 8.50 and then the train arrived, I was really excited, but all it was was Mickey and a few other characters with some dancers and the Mayor pronouncing it open - is that it? I don't know what I was expecting but it was more than that! Didn't even get any pictures they didn't stand still long enough for me to focus! I can have one claim to fame, I was first out of the park that day!!!! Felt rather embarrassed leaving already but back to the resort. Crossed the lake by launch together with a mum, daughter and grandmother who were going to GF breakfast with Mary Poppins. The little girl who was about 3 was dressed in a Mary Poppins dress mum had made, it was gorgeous but the little girl was having none of it, ripped her hat off much to mums distress. I felt for her I really did, she had gone to so much effort but the little girl was feeling ill from what I gathered, she was running a temperature and was being expected to dress up for a breakfast she probably wasn't going to eat or enjoy. Why do these things always happen at the worst possible times. View of GF from the launch, it always looked so lovely with the sun on it.

Had a very quick swim in the pool, must have been quick as we were in Epcot by 11am. First stop fastpass for Test Track (2.40pm return), made our way to WS grabbed some lunch and sat on the nearest bench where we were surrounded by the ducks. It may seem mean but I refused to feed them, nuggets and fries are bad enough for us but certainly not the right thing to give the wildlife. Took hundres of photos around Epcot, I know a lot of people don't like the place but we think its lovely.

Sleeping Beauty said our boys were handsome princes so I must be the Queen (does she mean I'm wicked or just their mother)

The next stop we saw Belle and she called them handsome beasts!!!!

Crowne Plaza, New York Feb 2011
No WDW This Time July 2010 Trip Report
New York February 2011 Trip Report

Last edited by Lizzy Lemon; 09-04-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Lizzy Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:11 AM   #2
Lizzy Lemon
DIS Veteran

Glen checking out if he fits the percentile for 16 year old males!

Back to the resort to freshen up for Spirit of Aloha 5.15 show (boy was it hot and we were going to a show with fire in it).

After the show we went onto the beach where I wanted a photo of the boys in a hammock, we had had one taken on a photoshoot a couple of years ago at GF and its my favourite picture of them so I wanted a more up to date one.

This is the 2007 one.

Stayed on the beach for a while talking to an American family, everyone is just so friendly its great, love it! Back to bed at some point, slept like a log, must have been the wine we had with dinner!
Crowne Plaza, New York Feb 2011
No WDW This Time July 2010 Trip Report
New York February 2011 Trip Report
Lizzy Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy Lemon View Post
View of GF from the launch, it always looked so lovely with the sun on it.
You're right, it looks fantastic.

Quote:
Took hundres of photos around Epcot, I know a lot of people don't like the place but we think its lovely.
I can't understand why people dislike Epcot, it's a really lovely park. Great pics today by the way.

Quote:
The next stop we saw Belle and she called them handsome beasts!!!!.
I really hope this happens to DBF, he has a bit of a 'thing' for Belle!

Quote:
After the show we went onto the beach where I wanted a photo of the boys in a hammock, we had had one taken on a photoshoot a couple of years ago at GF and its my favourite picture of them so I wanted a more up to date one.
What a nice idea!
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Lovely day, great pics of your boys
Old 09-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
suzycute
DIS Veteran

Another great trip report!
Sorry you seemed disappointed with the MK opening ceremony - seems like it is different every day!
You sound as though you love Epcot - it is our favourite park too!
Old 09-04-2009, 07:13 PM   #6
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Great idea to have the photo of the boys at the hammock. My how they have changed

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:55 PM   #7
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

We really enjoyed the opening ceremony for MK - especially the kids in the group. Shame it wasn't your thing.
We also love Epcot and you have taken some very good and interesting shots as you wlked around.
I also liked the hammock shot. We have pics of my daughter in the same spot doing the same pose (not in a hammock though) everytime we go. As we walk up to the spot (inside one of the wheels of Big Foot) you can see DD looking at me thinking 'Not again'
Pegasus928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #8
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Lovely day and, as always, great photos.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:23 AM   #9
jamjar84
DIS Veteran

Great pics of Epcot, and what a lovely picture of your boys, and how lovely that you got an updated one.
jamjar84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: