Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #76
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Okay first, great update lovely photos and sounds like it was fun EXCEPT for missing men!!!! Oh yes that would have been me!!!! No cell contact? GASP! Well you and your daughter handled it like ladies!!!

great photo of the "rain rain rain" in the Adventures of Pooh!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 09-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #77
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
What a lovely mother/daughter breakfast and a beautiful picture with Cinderella

Ariana looked thrilled to be meeting all the princesses again Our visit to CRT was for lunch - we had the same four princesses and we were pleasantly surprised by delicious food after some of the reports I had read.
Oh that's great! So far, its only dinner that I've heard not so great reviews on and of course, that was when we had our not so great time too. I'll stick with breakfasts myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Super cute! And that CM seemed a little weird - not all of them can be great, I guess. Yeesh. Was he a young guy? Like a College Programmer?
I would have pegged him in his late twenties, but I'm not really the best at guessing ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
I love PUSH! And we never got to see him, which was pretty sad... you guys look like you had fun though! "I love Canada!"
He was way cool to find, I laugh everytime I watch it. "Look at me! I'm Justin Timberlake!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Okay so I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a moment with a snotty CM about the Princess shirt! That was the same attitude we got in May. I wonder if the person who designed it was a CM or something. They shouldn't have put it on the internet if they didn't want people to use it AND they can't make money off of Disney characters anyways because that is copyright infringement! So there.

I feel better now.

Do you?

You dealt with that frustration very well. I would have FLIPPED at Marc if he had been that late. So good for you!!
Here here! Entirely inappropriate of him and yes, I do feel better now!

Under any other circumstance, oh I would have been frosty until I was darn ready to be otherwise, but I didn't want to ruin things for the kids. It would have killed the whole day for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great update!!

Something very similar happened to us at MK last year. We were supposed to meet in front of Peter Pan's Flight after DS and I went to get fastpasses for BTMRR. But, when we came back to find them, they were no where to be found. We ended up walking all the way up to Pooh, around the castle, sat down for awhile and finally almost an hour later we found each other. Apparently, DS needed to use the restroom and then when they came out,we weren't there so they began looking for us. UGH!! It sounds like you handled it much better than I did. Let's just say we don't go anywhere, especially Disney without our cellphones now!!

I did manage to get one little crack in at the end of our day back in the room. I said, ".. but it would have been so much better if we could have communicated with one another..." Alex pipes up, "She means we should have brought our cell phones! Even I knew what she was really saying there daddy!" It briefly addressed it but made us all laugh.

Love the video of Push the talking trash can!! Very Cute!! Winnie the Pooh is so much fun!! It's always a must do for us!! Demetri is such a cutie!!

Despite the setback, it sounds like you guys got quite a bit accomplished that morning!!

Can't wait for your next update!!!
Ahhh, but I still have so much more to tell you about our first (park) day! But no rushing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Okay first, great update lovely photos and sounds like it was fun EXCEPT for missing men!!!! Oh yes that would have been me!!!! No cell contact? GASP! Well you and your daughter handled it like ladies!!!

great photo of the "rain rain rain" in the Adventures of Pooh!
We had another similar incident later on in the trip, but our roles were reversed. Let's just say George didn't quite handle it as lady-like as we did. We are definately bringing our phones next time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2009, 12:50 AM   #78
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Love the Push video! Sheesh, what's up with Mr. Snotty cm? Even if "his friend" did design it, it's not any of his business who wears it!!

Glad you found eachother and had a good afternoon!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 06:23 AM   #80
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Love the Push video! Sheesh, what's up with Mr. Snotty cm? Even if "his friend" did design it, it's not any of his business who wears it!!

Glad you found eachother and had a good afternoon!
Yeah really! He was definately the exception in what is normally impecable behavior from CMs. We're always blown away by how wonderful they normally are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
okay, sorry I'm late! I'm here now.
Fashionably late my friend.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:30 AM   #81
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry about your wait for the boys!I would have been fuming mad! Especially after trying to get cell phones to communicate with! Men!!

ICK! What a jerk that CM was! The person who made the design had to know that once it went to one person via the internet it was going to be all over the universe in 5 seconds flat! UGH!

Sound like you had a pretty good time the rest of the day though! I love the Push video! We've never seen him!!

Can't wait to read more!
Old 09-04-2009, 06:55 AM   #82
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
I'm so sorry about your wait for the boys!I would have been fuming mad! Especially after trying to get cell phones to communicate with! Men!!

He saved forty-five bucks by not buying US texting minutes ahead of time. Whoopeee.

ICK! What a jerk that CM was! The person who made the design had to know that once it went to one person via the internet it was going to be all over the universe in 5 seconds flat! UGH!

Sound like you had a pretty good time the rest of the day though! I love the Push video! We've never seen him!!

Can't wait to read more!
I hope that CMs day got better and he was nicer to people. We were really not expecting attitude over a tee shirt.

Push was fun, but the crowd filled in quickly after he spoke with us. He doesn't have a CM to stop the kids from mauling him!
Old 09-04-2009, 07:18 AM   #83
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

My DH is frugal too.... but I think he would go for the cell phone thing thank goodness, and if not and he were that late, I wouldn't have been so nice to my DH

Wow about the CM, sorry you had to experience that that is awful

LOVE the trash can video, I have to find that trash can, must add it to my MK list
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 09-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #84
momtoleasawav
Mouseketeer

I am really enjoying reading your trip report. Can't wait to read more!!
Old 09-04-2009, 05:35 PM   #85
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Cool you guys got the I'm Celebrating buttons!

Love the video of Push.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #86
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
My DH is frugal too.... but I think he would go for the cell phone thing thank goodness, and if not and he were that late, I wouldn't have been so nice to my DH

Wow about the CM, sorry you had to experience that that is awful

LOVE the trash can video, I have to find that trash can, must add it to my MK list
Don't forget to look for the guy "who looks like he knows what's going on" with the schedule in his back pocket. There's no Push on the Times Guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoleasawav View Post
I am really enjoying reading your trip report. Can't wait to read more!!
Hi there! Thanks! I'm having a great time writing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Cool you guys got the I'm Celebrating buttons!

Love the video of Push.
Oh man, we must have come home with ten of those I'm Celebrating buttons. We got them at check in, we got them from bitter CM guy.... There was a CM handing out random buttons at the bus area when we were leaving DHS. Alex got the Incredibles on a button that said Family Reunion but Ariana snagged a black and white one with the Prince putting the glass slipper on Cinderella's foot that says Happily Ever After. Score!
Old 09-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #87
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Great updates. I love the Snow White ride. We skipped it in August and now I need to go back and ride it.

Man I have that princess design saved on my computer and almost used it. After LL and your experience I think I wont. Crabby CM's need to be reported though. Questioning a child like that should not be tolerated.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #88
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Some form of communication is a must at WDW.....did your DH know that you were a bit upset even though you put on the happy face? Oh wait, he's a man like me....never mind.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:38 PM   #89
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

What a wierd, creepy CM...

The whole thing with the phones...reminds me of something Dh would do......He can be sooooo generous and that get wierdly frugal with certain things...maybe it comes with the Y chromosome?

I think its cute that you "plastered" on the smile-I've done that-sometimes you just have to pick your battles...

We love Philharmagic too...sooo good...

You got to see the White Rabbit... Lucky you!

Never seen Push...just another reason to add to the list...
Old 09-04-2009, 07:51 PM   #90
DisneyFairy66
I love my Bichon Frise, Dixie Mae! Fan of Daisy Duck!

Hi Hi!
I love your TR! Its great!! Cant wait to read more!

Question though where did you find that photo scavenger hunt? Id love to find one for my upcoming trip!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: