Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2009, 12:03 AM   #511
sjcbg06
Earning My Ears

thank you so much for the response ....and if i do get one...do i call the cake hotline?
sjcbg06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:29 AM   #512
Sarah <3 Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcbg06 View Post
thank you so much for the response ....and if i do get one...do i call the cake hotline?
Yup, they should be able to help you out.

Cast Member
Sarah <3 Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #513
c_sunnyday
Finally have my Prince Charming

thanks for all the help from me too!! Stupid question, do you have to provide your own cake topper or is it included in the cake price? And on a side note, does anybody know if you can add the mini cakes to the dessert party menus?

Last edited by c_sunnyday; 09-03-2009 at 11:41 AM.
c_sunnyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #514
Abigail Nadya
Earning My Ears

What a cake!! what lovely cakes, it inspires me a lot since I also wanna held my wedding party, but I still don't know what kind of cakes that I want....I want to looking for something unique and fresh, and definitely for sure, there is disney touch inside.....
Abigail Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #515
Sarah <3 Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_sunnyday View Post
thanks for all the help from me too!! Stupid question, do you have to provide your own cake topper or is it included in the cake price? And on a side note, does anybody know if you can add the mini cakes to the dessert party menus?
I think if they are pictured with a topper (either a Mickey/Minnie one or sugar flowers, etc.), then that is what you get with the quoted cake price. Of course, you can always bring in your own or upgrade to the white chocolate castle topper.

Cast Member
Old 09-03-2009, 12:38 PM   #516
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah <3 Disney View Post
Ninja Edit: And here is the cake hot line number, if you have any questions to ask them: 407-827-2253
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcbg06 View Post
Unless you are calling for a cake at the Grand Floridian, the Contemporary, the BoardWalk, or the Yacht & Beach Clubs, they are not going to be able to make you a mini cake. The ones pictured in this thread and listed on the pricing sheet are all made by the Grand Floridian. Recently, bakeries at the other Deluxe resorts have begun to offer more variety and creativity in their cakes, but if you are dining at, say, a theme park restaurant, the bakeries that service those are not able to do fancy custom cakes like these.

Check out the Official Cake Chatter Thread on the restaurants board for everything you ever wanted to know about ordering a cake for your room or at a restaurant: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1811912

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_sunnyday View Post
t And on a side note, does anybody know if you can add the mini cakes to the dessert party menus?
Yes, but there will be a delivery charge because they will be made by the Grand Floridian Bakery and transported to your DP.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:50 PM   #517
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Recently, bakeries at the other Deluxe resorts have begun to offer more variety and creativity in their cakes, but if you are dining at, say, a theme park restaurant, the bakeries that service those are not able to do fancy custom cakes like these.
So does that mean you can only get a traditional cake if your wedding is in the theme parks? Because with all the other restrictions, it really turns one off of the theme parks.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #518
Sarah <3 Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate's Princess View Post
So does that mean you can only get a traditional cake if your wedding is in the theme parks? Because with all the other restrictions, it really turns one off of the theme parks.
Lurkyloo was referring to having an anniversary cake made. You can get the fancier miniature cakes for such a celebration if you dine at the Grand Floridian, etc. This is because they make all of the cakes at the GF bakery, and they won't want to transport just two little cakes by themselves to another location, like a restaurant in a park.

But you can have whatever cake you want for your wedding, even if it is in a park. You are giving them lots and lots of money after all...

Cast Member
Old 09-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #519
lurkyloo

What she said!

The wedding cakes are all made by the Grand Floridian Bakery (for Wishes weddings - certain Escape cakes are made by other bakeries), so the sky is the limit!
Old 09-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #520
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

Here is the cake that the boardwalk bakery is making for my April Escape wedding (I am just getting the two tiers in the yellow box):

The bottom is marble with buttercream, and the top is carrot cake. The total upgrade is $50!
Old 09-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #521
purplebelle
DIS Veteran

There cakes are all so gorgeous!!!

Does anyone have recommendations for where one can find fake-cakes -- as in the top layer is the only actual cake and the rest is styrofoam decorated to resemble cake layers. I'm exploring this option with a sheet cake that will be cut up for guests, but for photos we'd like for some of the cake to be real.

I live in the Chicagoland area. Any suggestions?

PS- My wedding is not in WDW
purplebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #522
lurkyloo

From everything I've read, getting a decorated fake cake is usually just as expensive as getting a real one because most of the cost of a cake relates to decorating it. You might find that you could get a small two-tier cake for less than a 1 real/1 fake layer cake and then do the sheet cake thing for the rest of the guests (which is a great idea!).
Old 09-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #523
CharacterFan
Will stop in walkways for characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplebelle View Post
There cakes are all so gorgeous!!!

Does anyone have recommendations for where one can find fake-cakes -- as in the top layer is the only actual cake and the rest is styrofoam decorated to resemble cake layers. I'm exploring this option with a sheet cake that will be cut up for guests, but for photos we'd like for some of the cake to be real.

I live in the Chicagoland area. Any suggestions?

PS- My wedding is not in WDW
There is this site: http://www.fakethecake.com/index.html
I'm not sure where they are located, but they do ship. You could talk to a local baker about doing this for you.

I've also heard of some where the bottom layer is missing a "slice" of the styrofoam and a slice of cake is put there so that you can cut the bottom layer and use that for pictures.

Proud Owner: Pentax K100D Super/18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL/Sigma 28-80mm F3.5-5.6 Macro/Sigma 28-105mm f2.8-f4/Sigma 28-200mm f3.5-f5.6
CharacterFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:48 AM   #524
purplebelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
From everything I've read, getting a decorated fake cake is usually just as expensive as getting a real one because most of the cost of a cake relates to decorating it. You might find that you could get a small two-tier cake for less than a 1 real/1 fake layer cake and then do the sheet cake thing for the rest of the guests (which is a great idea!).
I think you're right about that one. Websites I've look at are like $200 to rent. Maybe I can get a small, two-tiered for the wedding party to eat and a sheet cake for guests. I want to get a delicious tasting sheet cake but those fancy wedding cakes never taste good anyway!
purplebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #525
rpmdfw
I feel similarly about the cha-cha, electric slide, and mambo #5
Bridezilla, Groomzilla and Gayzilla all rolled into one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplebelle View Post
I think you're right about that one. Websites I've look at are like $200 to rent. Maybe I can get a small, two-tiered for the wedding party to eat and a sheet cake for guests. I want to get a delicious tasting sheet cake but those fancy wedding cakes never taste good anyway!
Speaking from personal experience, our fancy Disney wedding cake tasted FANTASTIC! Everybody loved it. Scott and I got to try both flavors and I still couldn't tell you which one I liked better. SOOOO YUMMY!
rpmdfw is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: