Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2009, 10:59 AM   #31
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty & the Best View Post
On another shocking coming from waaaay left field note, my husband knocked my socks off the other night by suggesting that we do a 14 day Disney cruise from Port Canaveral to Barcelona Spain in April 2010. It's only $999 per person for 14 days, so that's pretty reasonable for Disney cruises. Anyway, we're not 100% sure, but there's a good chance that we'll be going on that trip!! Very excited about this possibility!!!

Have any of you guys done a Disney cruise? I think it could be really fun.

I am sooo interested in this! OMG! It sounds like a great deal. Did he find it through the website - or is it a deal from being an APH?

WOW!!! I would soooo love to do a Disney Cruise!
Old 09-01-2009, 01:20 PM   #32
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Wow!! A 14 days cruise would be AMAZING!!! Lucky you!

My DH and I took the 4 day Disney Cruise back in 2001 as part of our honeymoon! We had a wonderful time and hope to take another one. If I could get my way I'd like to go for our 10 year anniversary and renew our vows.
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #33
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

I love your PTR! Winnie is so cute. You guys go home the day before I get there. Have a great trip & have a Captain's Mai Tai for me.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #34
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
I love your PTR! Winnie is so cute. You guys go home the day before I get there. Have a great trip & have a Captain's Mai Tai for me.
Thank you! and I'm glad you stopped by!

You must be sooo excited about your trip too. I'm on pins and needles waiting for the next two weeks to go by!

Are you going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Wow!! A 14 days cruise would be AMAZING!!! Lucky you!

My DH and I took the 4 day Disney Cruise back in 2001 as part of our honeymoon! We had a wonderful time and hope to take another one. If I could get my way I'd like to go for our 10 year anniversary and renew our vows.
Your honeymoon sounds wonderful! I think it would be great to do it as an anniversary trip - especially since it looks like Disney cruise line is so much fun for kids that mommy and daddy actually get some alone time

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post

I am sooo interested in this! OMG! It sounds like a great deal. Did he find it through the website - or is it a deal from being an APH?

WOW!!! I would soooo love to do a Disney Cruise!
I pm'ed you about this earlier, but just for anyone else who's reading, it was not an AP rate, the $999 was the regular rate for an inside cabin.

How fun would it be if we went on the same cruise?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Oh sure, just go on to the MK for Spectro. That must be nice. LOL, just kidding!

We've never done one of the cruises but I would LOVE to do that some day. I'm sure they are a blast.
Actually we got to the park and realized that Spectromagic wasn't showing on that day! And get this....about an hour after we get there, it starts POURING down rain - like serious rain that makes big puddles so even if you have an umbrella your feet get wet!

But we did bring umbrellas so we just did what we could in the rain - the tiki room, country bears jamboree, it's a small world, haunted mansion and pirates otc. It finally let up as we were heading towards Main St. We went to the bakery and I got a hugenormous slice of carrot cake (it was GOOD.) Then we were about to leave and noticed the Main St. vehicles were running so we rode the old timey car down the street and then we left.

The good news about the rain is it reminded me to bring umbrellas on this girls trip b/c I'm not really the poncho type!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
OMG I love Winnie!!! So cute!!!!!! Awesome pics!!

Yeah I did a review of The Wave!! You girls will love it.

HAHA I forget the name of the drink. It's driving me crazy. It tastes sooo good. The picture does it no justice. If you like really fruity drinks where you can't taste the alcohol, then it's the drink for you, lol.
Thanks for the Winnie comment...I told him you think he's cute and he's so pleased! He wants me to send you a pot of honey

Yes I'm really looking forward to the Wave. I guess it just seems like a really cool place. Did you have a cocktail there? I think there are a few that look interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Absolutely, I will be on the look out for you gals!!! Both me and Judy will have our minnie ears on and Devon will be all done up as a pirate!!

So jealous that you get to go to Mk to see Spectro!!!

How lucky are you to go on a Disney Cruise!!! We have not been on one yet, but I definitely plan to do one in the future that's for sure... I am really holding off doing one b/c I was to cruise on one of the NEW ships!!! Speaking of which, just read on allears.net that they are renovating castaway cay!!! The artists rendision of what they are going to do looks amazing. Apparently it is to be completed next summer!!!
We'll look for you too, so if you see some crazy woman yelling "Reese! Devon!" at you guys, you'll know it's me!

We didn't get to see Spectro yesterday but I did buy the soundtrack and listen to it on the way home pretending that the other cars on the highway were Spectromagic floats....its almost the same thing!

I did hear about the Castaway Cay rennovations. They would still be going on when that cruise visits there but people say it isn't bad. I'll bet the newer Disney ships are going to be amazing!

-----------------
Pssst!
For any of you who have heard about the rennovation of Fantasyland in WDW, I heard from a CM yesterday at Pinnochio's Village Haus that the rumor is true and they are going to start doing construction in January 2010!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #35
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Day 2 - Epcot Baby!!

Day 2 – Thursday Sept 24th, Epcot baby!

Okay finally! Here are our plans for Day 2 when we hit the parks.

And our related Disney quote:

“I don’t know when, I don’t know how, but I know something’s starting right now!”

Yay! Day 2 is our first day to hit the parks and really start our trip. We will be visiting Epcot.

Why not MK on the first day you may ask?

Well, there are a couple of reasons, but mostly because I have deduced with my super human crowd predicting powers which days are the best days to go to the parks during our trip and this is how it worked out.

It has a lot to do with avoiding EMH’s (remember we don’t have park hoppers!) avoiding MK on a Saturday and avoiding the opening day of Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival – which I have heard is a total zoo.

We don't have a detailed touring plan for the parks, so we'll probably just go with what we feel at the time – hitting a few “must do’s.” I have a tendency to get a little drill sergeant on my girlfriends if there are too many plans, so during this trip I am going to try to suppress those crazy super-planner urges and just relax and have fun.

Wake up by 7:30 to shower and make it to rope drop

This may or may not happen. I really would like to make it to rope drop, but again I don’t want to be a complete pain about it, so if people need to sleep in another hour, that is doable. I checked last week and you could still get Soarin’ fastpasses at 10:30, so we should still be good if somebody (um, Jasmine) needs more sleep.

Drive to Epcot in the Tinkerbell Taxi (aka Honda)

Enter Epcot!!!!

Take photos at the front of Spaceship Earth before the actual rope drop

Not sure if we’ll do photopass (I’ve been thinking of doing the cd) but I definitely want some of us in the classic shot.

Avoid the Soarin’ stampede and head to Test Track to ride. Maybe also ride Mission Space.
Get over to Soarin’ (now hopefully a little calmer! ) and get fastpasses.

And from here I have not planned anything as far as rides go. I figure we’ll spend the first ½ of the day in Futureworld.

The Futureworld highlights for us are:

Soarin’ – I will be thinking of Heather’s motion sickness during the city scene...rusafee represent!
Test Track
The Seas w/ Nemo
Imagination ride
Spaceship Earth – “remember how easy it was to learn your ABC’s? Thank the Phoenicians.”
Mission Space
Club Cool – oh yes, we will take the Beverly challenge!

Lunch at Sunshine Seasons

This is a no brainer. There are so many choices and they also have some healthy items (yay goat cheese salad!) I think this will be a winner w/ the whole group.

Perhaps go back to resort for a little break

I don’t know if we’ll want to do this, but I’m allowing time to go back to the resort and rest if we need it. We’ll probably be to psyched for our first day in the parks but you never know.

Then after lunch (or our mid-day break if we choose to have one) we’ll make our way to the World Showcase…I think we’ll start on the Mexico end and make our way around like that.

Our World Showcase highlights are:

All the world pavilions – some drinking around the world, but not too much, I’d like to try one of the slushies in France, a margarita at the new tapas bar in Mexico and maybe a drink in the Rose & Crown…we’ll see!
Mexico boat ride
Maelstrom – love that weird little glowing eye in the beginning of this ride…I just can’t look away!
Canada film
American Adventure
Off Kilter (I don’t think British Invasion plays the day we’re there) but hey, Kilts are sexy!

Go to Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco for a 6:00 dinner reservation.

I’ve never been here and have heard mixed reviews but I’m willing to give it a try. This is the one reservation that my girlfriends have offered input so if it doesn’t go well it’s on them! Lol
But the interior of this restaurant looks really cool and I really like the counter service in Morocco so it should be good.

Then after dinner we’ll just walk around the showcase, maybe do some shopping and get a beverage before getting a spot for Illuminations.

Watch Illuminations

This show is one of my favorites. It just wow’s me every time I see it. We’ll probably stake out a spot around Germany. There’s always a good view from there w/o a lot of crowds.

Go back to the CBR

After a full day we will either be on a huge high from the park or really wiped out. If we’re wiped out, we’ll just head back to the resort and maybe do a late night swim.

And those are our Day 2 plans! What do you think? Are we missing anything important?

Next update – Am I going on a Disney cruise? Did we do it or did we decide that 14 days away from our dog is just too much??

Last edited by Beauty & the Best; 09-02-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #36
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! and I'm glad you stopped by!

You must be sooo excited about your trip too. I'm on pins and needles waiting for the next two weeks to go by!

Are you going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?

Your honeymoon sounds wonderful! I think it would be great to do it as an anniversary trip - especially since it looks like Disney cruise line is so much fun for kids that mommy and daddy actually get some alone time

I pm'ed you about this earlier, but just for anyone else who's reading, it was not an AP rate, the $999 was the regular rate for an inside cabin.

How fun would it be if we went on the same cruise?!

Actually we got to the park and realized that Spectromagic wasn't showing on that day! And get this....about an hour after we get there, it starts POURING down rain - like serious rain that makes big puddles so even if you have an umbrella your feet get wet!

But we did bring umbrellas so we just did what we could in the rain - the tiki room, country bears jamboree, it's a small world, haunted mansion and pirates otc. It finally let up as we were heading towards Main St. We went to the bakery and I got a hugenormous slice of carrot cake (it was GOOD.) Then we were about to leave and noticed the Main St. vehicles were running so we rode the old timey car down the street and then we left.

The good news about the rain is it reminded me to bring umbrellas on this girls trip b/c I'm not really the poncho type!

Thanks for the Winnie comment...I told him you think he's cute and he's so pleased! He wants me to send you a pot of honey

Yes I'm really looking forward to the Wave. I guess it just seems like a really cool place. Did you have a cocktail there? I think there are a few that look interesting.

We'll look for you too, so if you see some crazy woman yelling "Reese! Devon!" at you guys, you'll know it's me!

We didn't get to see Spectro yesterday but I did buy the soundtrack and listen to it on the way home pretending that the other cars on the highway were Spectromagic floats....its almost the same thing!

I did hear about the Castaway Cay rennovations. They would still be going on when that cruise visits there but people say it isn't bad. I'll bet the newer Disney ships are going to be amazing!

-----------------
Pssst!
For any of you who have heard about the rennovation of Fantasyland in WDW, I heard from a CM yesterday at Pinnochio's Village Haus that the rumor is true and they are going to start doing construction in January 2010!
Ha Ha!!! We will definitely be on the look out!! And wait, I have not heard about these rumors??? Shocked at my lack of knowledge! Spill the beans tink!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #37
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Ha Ha!!! We will definitely be on the look out!! And wait, I have not heard about these rumors??? Shocked at my lack of knowledge! Spill the beans tink!!!
I think I heard it from the dis so that just means you're spending all of your time on the trip planning forums

Here's a link to the rumor - http://thedisneyblog.com/2009/07/17/...-plans-leaked/

Basically they want to revamp Fantasyland - keep the old favorites but take out toon town and add more princess related rides and attractions.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:59 PM   #38
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Your plans look great!! When your drinking your yummy alcoholic drinks around the world think of me. I'm not a big drinker by any means, but since being pregnant I crave it like crazy!

I was at the dollar tree store today and I saw a bunch of cute clothes you could be your pooh bear...
Old 09-02-2009, 11:01 PM   #39
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Yeeeeeeah Day 2 updates!!!

Well, I think you hit everything I even got a mention in the PTR.

Not the best way to be remembered ... but I'll take what I can get

Also, I vote for a GGCLS during Illuminations. Pure heaven.

I am getting sooo jealous! I won't be there for over a year But I'll think of you girls when you're gone! You are going to have such a blast!

I'm excited to hear about Day 3 plans!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 11:05 PM   #40
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Oh no, that stinks about Spectromagic and the rain.

Your plans look good so far. And I am thinking you are going on the cruise...
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-03-2009, 10:11 PM   #41
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Your plans look great!! When your drinking your yummy alcoholic drinks around the world think of me. I'm not a big drinker by any means, but since being pregnant I crave it like crazy!

I was at the dollar tree store today and I saw a bunch of cute clothes you could buy your pooh bear...
I'm not a big drinker in my everyday life, but when we girls get together the alcohol just seems to flow...I don't know! We all went to college together so when we meet up we get all

Yeah, I think I like Pooh in the "bear" w/o any clothes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
Yeeeeeeah Day 2 updates!!!

Well, I think you hit everything I even got a mention in the PTR.

Not the best way to be remembered ... but I'll take what I can get

Also, I vote for a GGCLS during Illuminations. Pure heaven.

I am getting sooo jealous! I won't be there for over a year But I'll think of you girls when you're gone! You are going to have such a blast!

I'm excited to hear about Day 3 plans!!!
C'mon, I had to mention you in Soarin'! Now every time I ride that ride I'll be thinking of all the people who don't like the city scene lol

Well, you know the best medicine for missing Disney is just planning a brand new Disney trip, so you'd better get going w/ a new PTR!!

Quote:
Oh no, that stinks about Spectromagic and the rain.

Your plans look good so far. And I am thinking you are going on the cruise...
Yeah, there was actually something good about Spectro not going - Did you know that when Spectro isn't showing they run the streetcars down Main St. at night? It's really cool to ride those in the dark w/ the lights of Main St. - very magical.

And, I am thinking you are right!

----------------------

We’re doing it!!! I am now booked on a 14 day transatlantic Disney cruise in April 2010 on the Disney Magic!!! I am sooo excited I could burst! I’ve been looking at photos and reviews of the ship ever since I heard.

My husband is awesome – he said he knew we had to do it when he mentioned it and saw how my face lit up…too sweet.

We were able to use our frequent flier miles for the flight from Spain back home to FL so this is going to be a reasonable vacation for us as far as $$ goes. I may have to do a little work while I’m on the ship but that is a small price to pay IMO for a trip like this.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:49 AM   #42
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I heard it from the dis so that just means you're spending all of your time on the trip planning forums

Here's a link to the rumor - http://thedisneyblog.com/2009/07/17/...-plans-leaked/

Basically they want to revamp Fantasyland - keep the old favorites but take out toon town and add more princess related rides and attractions.
Ha Ha!!! You know me too well!!! I do only go to the trip report forum!!! Looks like I need to expand my horizons!!!

Not to sure how I feel out the refurb??? Gonna have to let that sink in a bit!!
Old 09-04-2009, 04:26 PM   #43
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Ha Ha!!! You know me too well!!! I do only go to the trip report forum!!! Looks like I need to expand my horizons!!!

Not to sure how I feel out the refurb??? Gonna have to let that sink in a bit!!
LOL! I know, I totally get stuck in a certain area on the dis and then ignore all other areas! But I have used the budget board, photography board, theme park & strategies board, trip reports board and also the dining board in the past, oh and the recipes section too (ever wondered how you can make O'hana bread pudding at home?)

There's just SO much good stuff on the dis. I could spend all day on here learning new things.

Hmmmm, I think the refurb is a good thing - as long as they don't take away Winnie the Pooh! - of course I love the parks as they are, but if Disney doesn't update sometimes the parks would quickly become dinosaurs....no offense to the ride Dinosaur which I love
Old 09-04-2009, 06:29 PM   #44
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Woo hoo, you are going on the cruise! That is so exciting!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #45
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Woo hoo, you are going on the cruise! That is so exciting!
I know I am super excited about it! I've actually been cheating on the TR board by going over to the DCL board for the past few days

-------------------

We went to the Prime Outlets at Ellenton yesterday (a great place for deals if you're ever in the area south of Tampa FL) and OF COURSE we took a peek in the Disney Character Outlet there.

My husband found a DCL shirt that he bought and I just about had a heart attack when I saw the most adorable Disney dresses in a bright patchwork preppy print........I saw them at WDW but didn't want to spend the $49. They had my size and then I saw the price tag they were still $49!!!

The lady at the store said they can't discount them until WDW stops selling them. So, I guess I'll be checking back at the outlets next week to see if they're marked down. I REALLY wanted that dress when I first saw it, but I just couldn't justify the cost. Cross your fingers for me that they'll have it marked down the next time I go!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: