Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
momeejenjen
Earning My Ears

My Ziploc Bags are Packed, I'm Ready to go! *Live Updates From the World* 9/3-9/8

Destination:
WDW

Resort:
All Star Movies

Dates:
Sept 3rd-Sept8th

Breakfast/Dinner/Lunch Ressies:
9/3 - O'hana 9:45pm (heaven help us)
9/4 - Le' Celliur 7:20pm
9/5 - 1900 Park Fare 11:05am Wishes Dessert Party 9:00pm
9/6 - 50's Prime Time
9/7 - Tusker House

The Cast:

Me (Aka Jennifer or Mommy)
a 27 year old ubber planner with way to much on her plate.

Brad (Aka Dad) 28 year old big kid along for the ride, hoping to have a good time, has no clue what to expect despite his wife's fruitless efforts to help him understand

Micah and Hope (aka "the kids") 8 and 6 year old cuties who are looking forward to a week of FUN!

In this Report my goal is to provide live updates as well as give a great inside perspective of our trip! Be prepared for plenty of pictures and updates through out the week!

Pre-trip Items...

-Laminated Cards carrying reservation numbers, parade times, and tour plans.
-Laminated Green Mickey for back pack display and Room door
-Packing List
-Pre-trip To do List
-Red Folder with reservation numbers, confirmation emails, and maps and other important information.

Follow me live on Twitter as I update from the parks and rides throughout the days!

http://twitter.com/tinkrbellgirl
Old 09-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
jana616
DIS Veteran

I'm in! We leave 9/7, so I'd love to hear how it is right before we go. Have a great trip!

2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #3
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Have a great time!!! I get there the 21st!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:27 PM   #4
Madisonsmom45
Mouseketeer

Talking The bags are getting packed

T-minus 6 days and counting. We've finished the last of the shopping or so we say. I've got all the mickey heads cut out and the halloween lights packed. Have been watching about "tropical storm Erika" seems like next weekn might be a wet one. We've packed the rain ponchos. A rainy day in Disney is better than a day here at home. Somehow the rain doesn't seem so bad when you are doing something you love....Detroit and Disney here we come.
Bonnie (47)
DH (52)
DD (7)
DS (7)

Both DD and DS will be riding Expedition Everest for the first time
POR 2007 Dec
POR 2009 Sept 9-9-09 to 9-18-09 with free dining and MNSSHP
POR 2010 Aug 26 to Sept 5 with free dining
POR 2011 Aug 26 to Sept 4 with free dining
POR 2012 Aug 24 to Sept 2 (Hopefully free dining)
Old 09-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
momeejenjen
Earning My Ears

Talking

Our first day here and we are having a Wonderful time. We rode almost everything in MK with never more than a 10 minute wait without fast passes!! The weather is warm but tolerable... Just humid. We ate at the Harbor House for lunch, food was good. We have dinner reservations at Ohana tonight. We are now just relaxing and maybe heading to the pool here in a few. CMs have all been very nice and friendly! We have yet to have to wait for a bus, we've gotten right on.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #6
momeejenjen
Earning My Ears

Oh and CS places had no wait at all... We were able to get a seat on main street for the parade within 30 minutes of it starting.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #7
dax248
Mouseketeer

Twitter Question

Can you follow me on twitter so that I can comment on your status updates (I am dax248 there too). I also wanted to say thank you! Because of you I drove to Disney today and had walk on times for both Tower of Terror and Rock and Rollercoaster. Thank you so much, I am local and have wanted to go for a couple of days now but your updates that the waits were so small is what got me there.

I am really enjoying following your trip. I can't wait for my own real Magical Vacation in 2 weeks. Day trips are awesome, but nothing beats staying on property and eating there, too. I so agree with your statements about Ohana! They ROCK!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #8
momeejenjen
Earning My Ears

Day 2 at Epcot was great, extremely humid!! We loved lecelluir! Cheese soup was amazing!!!! Our CM gave us the recipe, I also had the reisling ice wine, very very good! We learned that being extra nice to CMs really pays off regaurdless of how miserable you are, we were given a VIP pass to a ride and got our own boat as well, plus lots of other extra perks, free apps. Today (saturday) at MK was really busy and again BERY humid, we ended up leaving early, going to breakfast at 1900 park fare, food was eh.. Service was nothing special but we got plenty of time with characters! Not worth he money IMO. Tommorrow is Hollywood studios and lunch at 50s prime time.

We are still sitting at wishes dessert party, lots and lots of dessert nothing amazing like the dessert at OHANA but the uncrowded view with rink going right over our heads was pretty awesome and worth the price for crowd haters like me and my husband.

On a side note: I lost my 8yr old son in Epcot, not cool, CMs were very helpful and he was located and taken to the baby care center very quickly... I however am still recovering... I managed to describe him to a T and they quickly found him... Thank you CMs!!!
Old 09-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #9
momeejenjen
Earning My Ears

50s prime time was not enjoyable... Food was ick and service was eh, we are currently at DHS and it's pretty packed.. Toy story FP were gone by noon but thanks to DIS we went there first and rode and got FPs so we rode it twice. Did ride share on tower of terror.. Fun fun! Been here for 8 hours, got a surprise rain shower but it did nothing for crowds

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: