Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 09:25 AM   #196
mvansear
Mouseketeer

I am really hoping for the area to be open and just the hippogriff ride as it is my kids fav ride in ioa. Can't imagine that they will just let that ride sit to wait for the whole WWHP to open.

CBR Christmas 2003, POR Feb 2007, CR Jan 20, 2010
Old 08-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #197
Erniandbert
Earning My Ears

xxxx

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/em1yc5sf9uqc21or.png[/img]

Suprise trip Cheapskate style...

Call me crazy but I just signed on to a 12 week biggest loser challenge at work. How will I ever Diet on FREE DINING?

Last edited by Erniandbert; 09-02-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: asked to remove
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2009, 06:36 AM   #198
JarethDrakul
Rosa Mistero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Pacho View Post
- Likewise, listed under the same category are “Flight of the Hippogriff” and “Dragon Challenge,” which are likely going to be the new names for the existing Flying Unicorn and Dueling Dragons rides.
I hope they don't change the name of Dueling Dragons to Dragon Challenge...it just sounds, well cheesy then if they're re-theming it the name might fit more (Not that they'll retheme it so it's cheesy but the name will be less haha).
Old 09-01-2009, 08:27 AM   #199
traceycooper
Laughs off her mini dramas
Chickens out of Dr. Doom's Fearfall

oh now i have a dilemma regarding tix!!! booked hotel for Aug next yr was gonna wait & see if they bring in any offers including tix in the future - but now i'm wondering if i should get them now??!!??
2008 15 nights at POP & 5 nights at Royal Pacific
2010 7 nts at CSR,3 nts Dolphin, 5 nts RPR & 5 nts Renaissance @ seaworld
2012 doubletree universal :banana
2013 1ST CHILD FREE TRIP DOUBLETREE UNIVERSAL
Old 09-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #200
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceycooper View Post
oh now i have a dilemma regarding tix!!! booked hotel for Aug next yr was gonna wait & see if they bring in any offers including tix in the future - but now i'm wondering if i should get them now??!!??
I don't think Universal will be offering ticket incentives. Prices will most likely go up.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #201
SNylund
Mouseketeer

HP is gearing up to be a disappointment for me, unfortunately, I can't believe that they are going to re-name DD and the Flying Unicorn to give it HP themes. That is just kind of lame to me. I think they should have just added new attractions, and not messed with the Lost Continent area at all.

Also, if the FU and DD are going to be the main attractions at HP, that is kind of like saying, hey honey I bought you a new car, come look. Wait honey, that looks like my same old Dodge Pacer from 1977, no see I painted it and put a new name on the side, called Ferrari F-50, see its new and exciting now.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #202
Dawnee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
I don't think Universal will be offering ticket incentives. Prices will most likely go up.
That's what I thought too so I just bought by tickets on Sunday for our trip next July.

BTW, the 7 day 2 park ticket for $99.99 - Universal said that I have to start my 7 days within a year from the time I bought it. It's not anywhere on their website or on my confirmation, but was verbally told to my TA. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 09-01-2009, 12:50 PM   #203
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnee View Post
That's what I thought too so I just bought by tickets on Sunday for our trip next July.

BTW, the 7 day 2 park ticket for $99.99 - Universal said that I have to start my 7 days within a year from the time I bought it. It's not anywhere on their website or on my confirmation, but was verbally told to my TA. Can anyone confirm this?
I've never heard that before unless it is some special kind of ticket that your TA got. Tickets purchased through the website are good indefinitely so you would think yours was too. I would call Universal directly and ask them.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #204
SNylund
Mouseketeer

Universal seems to be pretty good about honoring tickets. We used some YEARS ago, like in 1997 in LA, and I do believe they clearly said on the tickets that they were expired (past the used by date), but in the main ticket booth thing, they exchanged them for us for new ones.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:34 PM   #205
eeyorethegreat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnee View Post

I bought the ones that are $99 too. My tickets do not have an expiration date and it said good 6 days from first use.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #206
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of bookmarkmaster, Orlando United

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarkmaster
On May 31, 2007, Universal Studios and Warner Bros. announced that "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter," a Harry Potter theme park, will open at Universal Orlando Resort in late 2009 or early 2010. The park will be located at Universal's Islands of Adventures theme park. At the time, they announced that "the fully immersive, themed land will enable guests to visit some of the most iconic locations found in the books and the films, including the village of Hogsmeade, the mysterious Forbidden Forest, and even Hogwarts castle itself."

Author JK Rowling said, "The plans I've seen look incredibly exciting, and I don't think fans of the books or films will be disappointed." The park will "feature immersive rides and interactive attractions, as well as experiential shops and restaurants that will enable guests to sample fare from the wizarding world's best known establishments. Also debuting will be a state-of-the-art attraction that will bring the magic, characters, and stories of Harry Potter to life in an exciting way that guests have never before experienced."

A filing made with the SEC in August 2007 stipulated that the park will open to the public sometime between December 15, 2009 and June 30, 2010.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #207
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of kldx360 and BJCool, Orlando United

Quote:
Originally Posted by kldx360
has anyone noticed that the new metal structure in between the two castle pieces already up at IOA is probably that clocktower-looking-thing in the concept art of hogwarts? btw do u play sax "saxamaphoone"? that's pretty cool, i play trumpet lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCool
Thanks for the insight, Einstein!!!!!:bonk: Here is a visual aid just for you. I'm totally kidding :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pictures credited to Disneyhead

Old 09-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #208
honeysuckle_rose
Earning My Ears

I am beginning to research at trip for summer 2011. If I buy the two park/7 day tickets that are currently on sale for $99.99, will these get me into the Harry Potter portion of the park? Or is it going to be a separate park which will require a separate ticket? Hope this question makes sense and forgive my ignorance. I will be excited to visit Universal Orlando for the first time.

Thanks!!
Old 09-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #209
h20jag

DIS Veteran
Wants a beer drink-off with MsDisney at the Backwater Bar
Secretly has the hots for Robinrs holding a beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeysuckle_rose View Post
I am beginning to research at trip for summer 2011. If I buy the two park/7 day tickets that are currently on sale for $99.99, will these get me into the Harry Potter portion of the park? Or is it going to be a separate park which will require a separate ticket? Hope this question makes sense and forgive my ignorance. I will be excited to visit Universal Orlando for the first time.

Thanks!!
It'll be included. It's all behind that same row of turnstyles out front!
(Lest a TM here says different... I'm just a sheep myself )
Old 09-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #210
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeysuckle_rose View Post

Thanks!!
WWoHP will be part of IOA so you would not need a separate ticket.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: