Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2009, 09:01 PM   #46
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

What a fantastical morning for you and Arianna. The pictures of her with Cinderella and the wishing star are my favorites.

Oh, and the one of her waiting for the princesses. She looks like quite the grown up young lady.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:02 PM   #47
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Awww...I have to agree the picture of Ariana and Cinderella is amazing!! She looks like she is having an amazing time!! I'm so glad you guys were able to have a special mother daughter breakfast together and meet some princesses!!!! I'm looking forward to my breakfast at CRT...thank you for the food pictures!!!!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2009, 09:17 PM   #48
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great update!!

Doesn't it always seem when you have everything planned out that something pops up and puts a kink in your plans? I'm glad you were able to get everything taken care of at Pop and still make it in time for your ADR at CRT!! (and with time to spare!!Wow!)

Love all the pictures in front of the castle with Ariana. Especially the one with her hands up and her "I'm here" pose! Great idea!!

I've never been to CRT and with two boys I'm not sure if I'm going to make it anytime soon. But....it looks beautiful inside and it looks like you had a wonderful breakfast--everything looks so yummy!!! What a beautiful picture of Ariana and Cinderella!!

Looking forward to more........

Old 08-31-2009, 09:29 PM   #49
Happydog
DIS Veteran

SIGH!!!!! TO be the mother of girls!!! You are sooo lucky!!! I am counting on my boys behaving like princes when we go to CRT! But boy I tell you, it was so fun to read your description on this morning with your daughter, and how excited and clearly joyful she is having this time at the castle with you and the princesses!!! It is clear from the inside! How great. I don't like your ominous last words, though??!! Hope nothing bad happened!! I will be waiting to see!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 08-31-2009, 10:10 PM   #50
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Ariana looks blissed out...-very special idea to do a mom-daughter breakfast at CRT...it looks wonderful...

That is a lovely photo of Ariana with Cinderella...what a lovely memory-although you know my fav princess is SW like Ariana-I guess having a Princess breakfast at the Dwarf's cottage wouldn't have the same cachet to it...

BTW your photos of Pop are amazing...I love all of them but especially of Baloo and Mowgli (sp?)-Baloo is one of DD's favorite characters...I had no idea they were there...That really looks like it would be a fun place to stay...

Bring it...
Old 08-31-2009, 10:16 PM   #51
MouseTriper
DIS Veteran

Hello...I stumbled across your TR from someone else's TR and I am loving it already. You have a beautiful family and I can't wait to read more about your trip. I loved the photo scavenger hunt you guys did, such a cool idea. I love taking pictures too. Do you make amazing scrapbooks with all your Disney pictures???

I loved the part of you and your DD going to CRT for breakfast. One of these days I will have to try and take my DD.

Okay so looking forward to more!!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:29 PM   #52
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Aww, what a fun update! Looks like you had a great morning!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 08-31-2009, 10:33 PM   #53
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

What a lovely morning

And I'm super intrigued to see whats is coming next
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 09-01-2009, 09:36 AM   #54
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Hey, sorry I am late. But I am here now and all caught up.

I love the scavenger hunt, how come I dont have brilliant ideas like that? Love the pictures of Pop, we stayed there in 2005 and I had forgotten how much I loved all the vibrant colors.

I think your breakfast with Ariana looked like a wonderful experience just for the two of you. She has good taste in Princesses cause Snow White is my favorite too.

Cant wait to read more, maybe this will get my sluggish butt in the mood to do my trip report. LOL!!

Last edited by MinnieNurse; 09-01-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #55
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness! It sounds like you had a wonderful morning at CRT!! Ariana looks like she's having a fabulous time!!! I love the picture of her before the princesses came! She looks like she's so happy because she knows their coming soon!!!

I hope your morning didn't go to bad after CRT! Can't wait to read more!
Old 09-01-2009, 12:29 PM   #56
bballbabe
Me and my sister 1973 - the flowers are fake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Our plan while George was taking the rental car to Wal-Mart for some room snackies, souvenirs and a stroller, was to have a picture scavenger hunt. I’d found one here on the DIS and selected 20 items from it I thought would be fun and easy enough for us to find and I put a map of the resort on the back of each list. We broke into partners, boys versus girls, and the rules were simple. Each team had a list and a camera and you had to find and take pictures of each partner with as many items as you could. The team back to the room in one hour with the most items found, wins!
Just started reading your TR and am totaling enjoying it. Love the idea of the photo scavenger hunt. Where did you find how to do it?

10 of us together and whose taking bets on when the bus will get here!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post32677458
Old 09-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #57
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandag819 View Post
That is too funny.... it might have been... my mom took her to the bathroom (my mom's a redhead)

I'm pretty sure that was her! My, but was she beautiful that day!

I just skimmed all my CRT pictures (all 200 of them)....put on my camera they were pointed mostly towards the window....I'm gonna look through my mom's and my sisters now since they were sitting on the other end, they may have shot some pictures your direction.
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
What a fantastical morning for you and Arianna. The pictures of her with Cinderella and the wishing star are my favorites.

Oh, and the one of her waiting for the princesses. She looks like quite the grown up young lady.
That was the other picture that I was pointing out to George with a big smile I on my face. She's grown quite a bit this past year, maturity wise and height too - she's almost taller than I am now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Awww...I have to agree the picture of Ariana and Cinderella is amazing!! She looks like she is having an amazing time!! I'm so glad you guys were able to have a special mother daughter breakfast together and meet some princesses!!!! I'm looking forward to my breakfast at CRT...thank you for the food pictures!!!!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!
She was so excited for this morning and it was so nice to have time with just her and I. I wasn't having to shush a figety four year old or entertain an embarrassed fourteen year old. We could just enjoy the princesses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great update!!

Doesn't it always seem when you have everything planned out that something pops up and puts a kink in your plans? I'm glad you were able to get everything taken care of at Pop and still make it in time for your ADR at CRT!! (and with time to spare!!Wow!)

It was a bit of a nail biter for a bit there but once I saw those express signs.... whew!

Love all the pictures in front of the castle with Ariana. Especially the one with her hands up and her "I'm here" pose! Great idea!!

I actually blatantly robbed that "I'm here" pose from another couple that had just done it themselves! The lady looked over at me when I told Ariana to "do that too!" and she gave me a thumbs up.

I've never been to CRT and with two boys I'm not sure if I'm going to make it anytime soon. But....it looks beautiful inside and it looks like you had a wonderful breakfast--everything looks so yummy!!! What a beautiful picture of Ariana and Cinderella!!

Looking forward to more........
Mmmmm, yes it is princess heavy! The boys get swords to play with and I could totally see Demetri flirting big time with the princesses! He was actually quite disappointed when I was planning this and said it would be just Ariana and I. I've often heard the princesses say that they love having princes' visit, but it's tough when they get a little bit older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
SIGH!!!!! TO be the mother of girls!!! You are sooo lucky!!! I am counting on my boys behaving like princes when we go to CRT! But boy I tell you, it was so fun to read your description on this morning with your daughter, and how excited and clearly joyful she is having this time at the castle with you and the princesses!!! It is clear from the inside! How great. I don't like your ominous last words, though??!! Hope nothing bad happened!! I will be waiting to see!
I can picture your little stinkers in there having sword fights amongst the tables (dang plastic swords!) Yes, this definately was a fantastic way to start our day. Let's just say what happened next was a definate "I told you so" moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Ariana looks blissed out...-very special idea to do a mom-daughter breakfast at CRT...it looks wonderful...

That is a lovely photo of Ariana with Cinderella...what a lovely memory-although you know my fav princess is SW like Ariana-I guess having a Princess breakfast at the Dwarf's cottage wouldn't have the same cachet to it...

I would LOVE to have breakfast at the Dwarf's cottage! As regal as the castle is, Ariana would be bouncing off the walls to actually BE in the cottage!

BTW your photos of Pop are amazing...I love all of them but especially of Baloo and Mowgli (sp?)-Baloo is one of DD's favorite characters...I had no idea they were there...That really looks like it would be a fun place to stay...

Our first trip we stayed at Pop and I was struck this time around by how much we'd missed not touring it. We hadn't seen anything outside of the 80's/90's section and we had so much fun just looking at everything. Definately my favorite value resort!

Bring it...
Old 09-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #58
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseTriper View Post
Hello...I stumbled across your TR from someone else's TR and I am loving it already. You have a beautiful family and I can't wait to read more about your trip. I loved the photo scavenger hunt you guys did, such a cool idea. I love taking pictures too. Do you make amazing scrapbooks with all your Disney pictures???

Welcome! ... and thank you! I love looking at the scrapbooking sections of craft stores and I often think how adorable everything looks but I've never actually done one. Maybe.....

I loved the part of you and your DD going to CRT for breakfast. One of these days I will have to try and take my DD.

I definately recommend breakfast over lunch or dinner! You'll love it!

Okay so looking forward to more!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Aww, what a fun update! Looks like you had a great morning!
Absolutely! And we still have more adventures to come in the MK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
What a lovely morning

And I'm super intrigued to see whats is coming next
The EMH hours for MK was great timing and we could do this wonderful breakfast first before anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post

Hey, sorry I am late. But I am here now and all caught up.

Yay! I was hoping to hear from you soon!

I love the scavenger hunt, how come I dont have brilliant ideas like that? Love the pictures of Pop, we stayed there in 2005 and I had forgotten how much I loved all the vibrant colors.

We loved staying at the Pop again! My brilliance came via the DIS. I was looking at the thread dedicated solely to the Pop and found the scavenger hunt.

I think your breakfast with Ariana looked like a wonderful experience just for the two of you. She has good taste in Princesses cause Snow White is my favorite too.

Cant wait to read more, maybe this will get my sluggish butt in the mood to do my trip report. LOL!!
I hope so! I'll be there when you do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Oh my goodness! It sounds like you had a wonderful morning at CRT!! Ariana looks like she's having a fabulous time!!! I love the picture of her before the princesses came! She looks like she's so happy because she knows their coming soon!!!

She loved every single moment of it!

I hope your morning didn't go to bad after CRT! Can't wait to read more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballbabe View Post
Just started reading your TR and am totaling enjoying it. Love the idea of the photo scavenger hunt. Where did you find how to do it?
Hi and welcome! Right here on the DIS! Here's the thread: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2264I just chose twenty from the list and that's it! Very easy and I could participate too!
Old 09-01-2009, 04:59 PM   #59
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

What a great way to entertain the kids!! I wouldn't have thought of doing a scavenger hunt!

The picture of Ariana with Cinderella is beautiful. The way you displayed it at home, with the invitation next to it looks great!!

Isn't it funny how easy it is to forget something crucial when you go on vacation, or to wally world?? I do that on a regular basis, so now, I always pack EARLY!!

Looking forward to more!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #60
MouseKTeer
back to reality

What a lovely morning for you to share with your Ariana!

Joining a bit late, but really enjoying your photography

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: